Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 pm
Thanks for the well-wishes guys! Fever was real high last night, went down then back up again this afternoon and it's been down for most of the evening. I feel a lot better now. 3nodding Mate and I are having our two-year anniversary in two days! Squee. whee heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:03 pm
Tomorrow, I hopefully pick up the parts of my new computer! Also we finally go shopping for food sweatdrop

If you find me REALLY happy tomorrow, it's because I am xD  

Crenn

.Feed.[the].Dog.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:15 am
FA is down.
And by down I mean the actual website is gone.
I can't get to it at all.

Wtf, and why?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:50 am
.Feed.[the].Dog.
FA is down.

Wtf, and why?

FA is fine and back up and running.

Selene Aries

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:46 am
Just a quick note, if I'm depressed tomorrow (I hopefully won't be) then it's because something has gone horribly wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:54 am
Well...I succeeded in ripping my hand open at work today. Had to go to the hospital to get stitches, too. Not to big, only needed 5, but still...

The blade release on one of my knives is in a really bad spot. When I was cutting open a box, my pinky hit it, causing my knife to fold up on my hand, gashing it rather deeply. Might not have been as bad if the damned knife didn't have half a serrated edge...>_>  

Davin_Nightwind

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:10 pm
Diana Vulpes
.Feed.[the].Dog.
FA is down.

Wtf, and why?

FA is fine and back up and running.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/170856/

Everyone who uses FA might want to read that.

EDIT: It seems FA is down again..... but here is the post:

Quote:
So for y'all that didn't notice, there was some major league drama between the two co-owners and admins of FA last night.

Apparently the one that owns the demain name and also wrote some of the original code told the other that he was going to try to sell it. The other co-owner, who owns most the rest of FA, decided he was having none of it and him and other admins decided to strip the former of his adminship. The site went down for a good 20 or so minutes as this happened at roughly 11 PM central (I heard whispers something was going down just before this happened and immediately started backing up all my stuff I've posted).

The site went back online briefly afterwards, but then the first guy responded by rerouting the domain name, and saying "I will not restore this website until my ownership is restored"

A few hours later FA came back up. Its unknown to me what happened to bring it back up, but worst case is that its just back until they resolve a legal battle over ownership. Also, I speculate that with their furry con coming up soon, it'd be very bad if the site were to go under now...

Anyway, I saw some of the LJ entries of some of the people involved (including the second co-owner's), most of which has been deleted... but it definately appears to be very very serious.

My hope is that they managed to miraculously resolve things quickly and now they're just trying to pretend nothing happened... but more likely this is all still developing but they at least decided to keep the drama quiet for now.

I just though everyone should be aware of this, especially since this means FA could eventually go down suddenly and unexpectedly. So if you're like me and didn't have any of your stuff backed up you'd best do it now! Also if you've got friends here that you only see here, maybe you should exchange contact info.

This was posted by jaggers

EDIT2: More is explained in http://community.livejournal.com/furaffinity/  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:36 pm
No one on FA has anything to worry about as far as the site being closed down. For one thing, I would hope any artist out there has all of their work properly backed up and does not use a site like FA as an archive of their work, that is just plain stupid right there.

Secondly, the only thing in depute right now is the domain name and not the actual web space. One of two things will end up happening, ownership will fall to the current people running the site or the person paying for the domain right now will sell it to someone else and the FA we know will just simply get a new domain.

As far as all the data on the site, the person that actually pays for and runs the site owns the servers and have everything nicely saved and secure. So there is in no way possible that the entirety of the site will become lost.

Selene Aries

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:44 pm
Diana Vulpes
No one on FA has anything to worry about as far as the site being closed down. For one thing, I would hope any artist out there has all of their work properly backed up and does not use a site like FA as an archive of their work, that is just plain stupid right there.

Secondly, the only thing in depute right now is the domain name and not the actual web space. One of two things will end up happening, ownership will fall to the current people running the site or the person paying for the domain right now will sell it to someone else and the FA we know will just simply get a new domain.

As far as all the data on the site, the person that actually pays for and runs the site owns the servers and have everything nicely saved and secure. So there is in no way possible that the entirety of the site will become lost.
I hope not. I really like FA, it (overall) has a nice atmosphere, as far as I've experienced.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:53 pm
GAH!!!!!

So I'm meant to be getting my computer today but my mother said I should get my father to drive me. He agreed to drive me in the morning, and this was yesterday. I don't sleep most of the night because I'm really excited... but at 7AM I find out my father has been up until 5AM for some reason. Ok, I'll try waking him at 10AM. Told me to get him up in an hour.... tried after an hour and he told me to get him up at 12PM.

If he says it again, I'm going to tell him to just transfer the money, I'll go pick it up myself.

I need to get my license xp

EDIT: He's finally awake, hopefully in half an hour, we'll be off.

EDIT2: A police officer visited my Nanna regarding her daughter's suicide (My aunt commited suicide in February). I've heard most stuff so far including what her note said. I'm hoping to go out soon, but this is going to be on the back of my mind for a while.  

Crenn

Eddily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 pm
Still haven't gotten out Crenn? You must be going nuts about now. xp

If anyone hasn't heard, everything is fine at FA, no signs of closing down or anything.

As for me, I haven't had any monitor problems the past few days. The brightness/contrast box hasn't come up since Sunday, and only then I think I only saw it once. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:55 pm
One step closer to certification. My dog and I did our Night search tonight and by the evaluators, they thought we did very well ^.^  

Rainey_angel81

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:47 am
Eddily
Still haven't gotten out Crenn? You must be going nuts about now. xp

I was. I have all the parts, and I've set up the majority of it. I need to put in one more cable then that's all. I'll let you guys know how fast it is later.

Rainey_angel81
One step closer to certification. My dog and I did our Night search tonight and by the evaluators, they thought we did very well ^.^

Woot! How many more steps to go?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 am
So far, I'm loving this new computer. It's everything I wanted!

For example, I have a program called Super Pi, the program calculates pi to a certain amount of decimal places.

A 1M (1 million decimal places) run on my laptop takes around 37 secs.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/crenn/Screenshots/SuperPiFS38GP1GB.jpg

On my new computer, 17 secs.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/crenn/Q6600SuperPi-1M.jpg

Not bad, since the CPU is overclocked so each core is running at almost 3GHz.

Best of all, my favourite game claims it's getting an average of 4294967180 FPS!

More testing will happen, but so far, this computer is a dream come true.  

Crenn

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:49 pm
Well, Happy Anniversary to me...Today sucks a**. I'm super tired again. Mate forgot what today's date was, he remembered when our anniversary was, just not that it was today. So, he's upset that he never figured out something to get me...and I never finished his gift. Then, after having waited for him to get home from work I now have to wait for him to get home again because his parents decided that the family should go out for dinner for no apparent reason and wouldn't take no for an answer. ********. Also, mom's being pissy 'cause I didn't go with her husband to take the cat to the vet this morning. Even though no one told me when he was leaving and no attempt was made to wake me up. She's also mad I didn't do my chores soon enough, even though she never told me what she wanted me to do. And to top it all off not only did my period decide to be a week late so it'd land on my anniversary, it's also extra heavy. SHOKI NEEDS CHOCOLATE NOW, DAMMIT. scream  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games