Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:19 pm
Ah no... They're under siege with a shield over their heads, no they'll be in the capital building. Only once the shield fails do you move the government to a bunker, because you don't want to spread panic or appear weak. Hence they're still there.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 pm
The government still is, but the most valuable targets are long gone.

I have an unrelated question: How does one determine the winner in a battle between two player characters, especially when the goal of each character is to kill the other? Such as the Pash fight, for instance. Is there any way for Cale to actually kill off one of the players, or for them to kill him?

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 pm
Easy. The two talk to each other. Stuff like that isn't spontaneous.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm
Some things aren't entirely planned out though, which is where improvising comes in.

A good example is when Pash landed on Thule. Yeah, realistically speaking, Pash could've just as easily cut Siren in half with a quick saber strike, but instead, she was shot with a stun blast.

It went like this:

Cale posts Pash firing his blast, but doesn't say it actually hit, just that it was fired.
I post with Siren defending against the blast, consenting to let her get hit but having her bring up a Force barrier too late, only lessening the blast's impact, but still knocking her out.

To just decide to succesfully hit another PC, is an auto-hit, which is more or less frowned upon. Whoever the PC belongs to is ultimately who decides if it actually happens or not. Otherwise, we could have a single jackass running around killing everyone and ruining everyone's fun.

Though, NPCs are less important, but still considered, since they might be vital. ( Like Oryo's " Gray " for instance. ) However, NPC armies are kinda fair game to some extent. Like with the battle over the planet now, it's a given both sides will suffer some losses, but none of them have to be PCs or named NPCs.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Oryo Prime

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Darkened Angel
Some things aren't entirely planned out though, which is where improvising comes in.

A good example is when Pash landed on Thule. Yeah, realistically speaking, Pash could've just as easily cut Siren in half with a quick saber strike, but instead, she was shot with a stun blast.

It went like this:

Cale posts Pash firing his blast, but doesn't say it actually hit, just that it was fired.
I post with Siren defending against the blast, consenting to let her get hit but having her bring up a Force barrier too late, only lessening the blast's impact, but still knocking her out.

To just decide to succesfully hit another PC, is an auto-hit, which is more or less frowned upon. Whoever the PC belongs to is ultimately who decides if it actually happens or not. Otherwise, we could have a single jackass running around killing everyone and ruining everyone's fun.

Though, NPCs are less important, but still considered, since they might be vital. ( Like Oryo's " Gray " for instance. ) However, NPC armies are kinda fair game to some extent. Like with the battle over the planet now, it's a given both sides will suffer some losses, but none of them have to be PCs or named NPCs.
She knows my name! lol

If some one was to out right kill Gray it would be messed. If some one killed a pilot or a crew man, fine. Its the importance of the chara.

Plus in the case where Volgen had Cale trapped, He could have done some thing like close the shields in and crush him or some thing GM that would not be ok.

Or when pash took off in his ship. Volgen could have activated a tractor beam and pulled the ship in. But thats kinda pushing the bounds of to much.

I had many an opportunity to take Cale. But i didnt for the sake of the story and the sake of having fun. Im not in it to win it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm
Ok, crazy workweek for me this week. I’ll be back on earlier tomorrow than I was today, but I got to go for the night.  

K-Blade

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 pm
I'm thinking of starting another character. I like Marr and all, but I'm starting to fizzle with him and I need something else going to keep me fresh on ideas. Something unrelated with the whole Lyra storyline...

I already got the character idea in mind...which side would it be better to have him on, Sith or Independent?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 pm
I think Nelo said no more Sith.
Best go Independent.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 pm
Cale Darksun
Best go Independent.

Cool, this guy works better as an indie anyway.

Fury gave me the idea for his origin, and KotOR II and the Tales of the Bounty Hunters gave me the idea for the character concept...

...do we have a droid character yet?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
Best go Independent.

Cool, this guy works better as an indie anyway.

Fury gave me the idea for his origin, and KotOR II and the Tales of the Bounty Hunters gave me the idea for the character concept...

...do we have a droid character yet?

Nope. Last couple bailed.  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 pm
Nothing wrong with droids.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 am
Well, if that means you're gonna retire Marr, I suggest something like, when he meets Demaia, something happens, either she convinces him, or maybe he gets word of the battle that's going on, and decides she's better suited to unite the Sith and submits to her.

I'm pretty sure the crazy dominatrix could use another plaything. wink  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:18 am
He's not. He just wants more to do.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 am
Oh.

Well, I'm sure Marr can still let Demaia dominate him anyways. It might be fun... rolleyes

At least I'll have Nemesis doing something once she notices Saria's apparently missing after the whole meeting up with Siren thing.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:56 am
Yep.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games