Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm
Andy Callahan

((Please wait until your character has been marked as pending before you post in the Sorting Hat Thread. This is to ensure that your character is accepted before you post her. Thank you.))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Yvette's eyes gleamed as her name was called to the sorting hat. She quickly shuffles through the crowd of fellow First years, to make her way up, slowly turning to face the entire Great Hall and sitting carefully upon the three-legged stool. Her heart was racing, and she felt a lump in her throat. She knew that whatever decision came next would shape her entire Hogwarts career.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sort of shy and very nice, but I have a hidden intensity in the way that I pursue knowledge and work to perfect my skills. I am an extremely loyal friend, and I am not afraid to stand up for those that I love. I rely on my quick wit to get me safely out of bad situations. People sometimes say that I am innocent and a bit naive, and this is true. But because I feel so uncomfortable being seen as incompetent because of my young age and lack of experience, I silently strive to earn the approval of my peers and teachers by excelling at everything I do. If I were any element, I would be Wind.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cisala Elden
Elenor Carden
✭═━┈┈━═✭

✿❀Never love someone who…

Elenor timidly walked up to the sorting hat once her name was called. She clutched her book of the week tightly as if it would give her comfort. She was always reading when ever she got the chance. It was her favorite pass time. To be able to lose yourself in a nice fictional book was bliss. She stumbled a bit before sitting upon the stool cursing her clumsiness. She thought about what kind of person she was hoping that maybe that might help her get into the appropriate house…

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit quirky at times though I can have my serious moments. Im rather timid around other people and i have trouble talking to others because my voice gets quiet when i'm nervous. I am a huge book work and you will hardly find me with out a fictional book under my arm. I spend a lot of time thinking of ways to improve everything. And I literally mean everything. It often back fires in my face in some way or the other.

❁Stats❁
╔══════════════╗
Birthday
August 5th
Zodiac sign
Leo ~ ♌
How I am feeling at the moment
Nervous/Excited
Who I am with
The Sorting Hat
╚══════════════╝

…treats you like your ordinary❀✿

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A love of reading, you say?
Perhaps those fantasy worlds
you love will teach you a lesson here...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
【ஐﻬ ιris Ӈaruno: First Year: ﻬஐ】
тell me what time it is now,
тell me it’s a dream,
ʜold me

User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Iris walked up to the Sorting Hat... So far she had watched others get sorted. She clenched her hands as she looked around. She wished her parents were here. After seeing such a big home, the size of her whole house, she felt small. She was curious about her house. Gyffindor seemed nice but so did Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. And Slytherin scared her to be honest... Making sure she didn't trip, she stood in front of the Hat and spoke.

"Hajimemashite...I mean Hello. I"m Iris Haruno. People say that in a nutshellI'm A quirky girl. I love being around people a lot. Making friends is something that I’m really good at doing. Granted I can sometimes be a little clueless but I have the best intentions. I really dislike being teased or watching people getting teases so I'm quick to defend and help out. And okay sometimes I can have a bit of a temper but it nothing that can't be handled... or get me into trouble. Honest... I only threw a chair once.. when I was 6...and 8... and 9. But I'm really a nice person I promise. I really enjoy making my friend happy and having a great time."

She then bowed. "I'm sorry, sometimes I get nervous and I tend to ramble on a bit..." She chuckled sheepishly. At least she didn't get lost on the way. With the way the stairs and rooms were, she could get lost easily. She could feel it...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Mood:
Attire:
OOC:

ϒ
ou’re probably dreaming a different dream
ɪ don’t need the sun
ɪ love your smile so much now

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Bravery to stand up for what is right
Clearly you belong here...

Grffindor

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

ThatWeirdPanda
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

<>XXXXX
In front of the Sorting HatXXXXX
<>XXXXX
A bunch of First YearsXXXXX
<>XXXXX
StressingXXXXX
<>XXXXX
"A hat is gonna probe my brain. What if it sees that XXXXX
I'm the one who broke mom's vase?"XXXXX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Someday.. Nathan wiped his sweaty palms against his pants. The hall was huge and everyone was looking expectantly at the kids waiting to put the magic mind reading fedora on. He had listened to a couple of his classmates talk on the train about which houses they wanted to be in and, truth be told, Nathan still didn't understand the idea very much. Apparently they were like fraternities within the school. From the whispering on the train, any house would be horrible.. and amazing. Hufflepuffs were apparently scatterbrained but the friendliest people. Slytherins were ambitious and jerk faces in equal parts. Gryffindors were show-offs but loyal to a fault. And Ravenclaws were nerds who would probably grow up to be everyone's boss. Nathan didn't know which house he wanted to be in.

Someday.. Finally his name was called and Nathan made his way past the final remaining students. He fixed his hair slightly before deciding that whatever the hat thought about his hair was the least of his worries and he sat on the provided stool. As the hat settled on his head his first thought was that the worn fabric of it was warmer than he expected.

Someday.. People say that, in a nutshell, that I'm the quiet sort of person. I'm just still trying to settle into calling myself a wizard, I'm worried I wont fit in at all, being a muggleborn, but I can be really social, i assure you! As soon as i get the hang of things you wont be able to shut me up, but if you can put up with me I'm sure we can be good friends. I could use some to help me navigate this place. Its like someone just told me I'm from planet Krypton. Am i supposed to become a superhero? That's what usually happens and i do admit it seems cool. I do like to help people,Whether lending a ear to problems or standing up for someone. Although this has gotten me in trouble before, and in pain. But now its like i have superpowers, huh?.. but so does everyone else.. I can lift a fridge over my head if i wanted to but now I'm among people who can toss tractors like skipping stones.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A love of reading, you say?
But you don't know much about this world yet
You will learn quickly here.

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:16 pm
Alistair Gordon

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mostly withdrawn. I don't know a lot about magic, since I'm from a Muggle family, and just about everything in this new world frightens me. I'm a tough nut to crack, but when my shell has been penetrated, I'm rather friendly. I'm not much of an extrovert, though I can occasionally be loud. I've been told that I'm fun to be around and even crack a joke or two.  

The Gentlemon

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xistund
{No fancy format yet}
Tevye came into the grate hall with a smile on his face. He was exited to not only be in such a huge castle but to be magic. He always thought he was lucky but maybe he's been doing stuff that he didn't mean to. When his name was called he walked up to the hat wondering how it could talk.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a happy child who make others laugh. I'm a risk taker and a thrill seeker, always looking to climb higher or swim farther then last time. I'm over protective of my little brother and feel guilty about something that happened to him. I'm a bit lazy at times when I need to do things I don't want to do like get out of bed.

Risky and protective you say?
Well you will fit in here,

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Aleara Sesscele
Janette Grey
First Year, unsorted

Janette nearly tripped on her way up to the stool. She hadn't heard her name called the first several times the teacher had called it, and she blushed a bit as she realized that she could easily be singled out because of it. Sitting down, she waited for the hat to descend on her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm happy, carefree, and a bit spacey. I'm usually the one that doesn't look before I cross the road, and I have a nasty tendency to do things without thinking them through first. I'm kinda gullible, which may or may not get me in trouble, but otherwise, I think I'm fine.

((Sorry about the post, I just got off of work and I didn't want to miss the last day of sorting))

Ha! An easy choice for you!
Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Andy Callahan
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Yvette's eyes gleamed as her name was called to the sorting hat. She quickly shuffles through the crowd of fellow First years, to make her way up, slowly turning to face the entire Great Hall and sitting carefully upon the three-legged stool. Her heart was racing, and she felt a lump in her throat. She knew that whatever decision came next would shape her entire Hogwarts career.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sort of shy and very nice, but I have a hidden intensity in the way that I pursue knowledge and work to perfect my skills. I am an extremely loyal friend, and I am not afraid to stand up for those that I love. I rely on my quick wit to get me safely out of bad situations. People sometimes say that I am innocent and a bit naive, and this is true. But because I feel so uncomfortable being seen as incompetent because of my young age and lack of experience, I silently strive to earn the approval of my peers and teachers by excelling at everything I do. If I were any element, I would be Wind.

Hmm difficult.
A good mind, but very loyal.
Gryffindor would do well,
As would Ravenclaw.
So be it! Better be..

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Azrael Herzagoth
Alistair Gordon

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mostly withdrawn. I don't know a lot about magic, since I'm from a Muggle family, and just about everything in this new world frightens me. I'm a tough nut to crack, but when my shell has been penetrated, I'm rather friendly. I'm not much of an extrovert, though I can occasionally be loud. I've been told that I'm fun to be around and even crack a joke or two.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before shouting...
Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas rolled up the scroll and waved his wand at the stol and hat, they floated off to the side of the hall, sitting along the wall besides the Professor's table. He nodded at Headmistress Evernight, and took his seat.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

SORTING IS NOW CLOSED!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas set the stool and sorting hat in front of the great hall. He smiled at the staff table and then at the students. He unfurled the parchment and then read the first name aloud.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

SORTING IS NOW OPEN!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Unsorted/First Year/Single/Half-blood

Edajin swallowed deeply. He couldn't believe that he was the first one to be called. Who made that list, anyway? Stepping forward silently, he cautiously sat upon the stool and faced the rest of the Hall.

Xadyn-C

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit antisocial, preferring to spend time alone than with others. I am known to be cynical at times, and even a bit harsh in my words, but it stems mostly from confusion about what is meant to be and what is a lie in this world. I am easily obsessed with power, and I must be careful not to let darkness overcome me. I am an astute learner, and have a good mind for facts. Spending my time learning new things is a favourite pasttime, and helps calm me down after suffering large amounts of people all day. It is my quiet time that I treasure, alone. In most ways, I can be perceived as naive, and if I can be taught good ways in which to channel my power, and perhaps meet some friends that can prove the existence of good in people, I believe that I may be saved from a path of dark magic. But no guarantees. I have a strange tendency to assume that all boys are threats and act coldly and defensively toward them (or aggressively; I can strike like a venomous snake without a moment's thought if I feel threatened), but I sometimes find myself being protective of girls that are smaller than I am. But not women - they are just as much of a threat as boys. Overall, I am fairly unstable and much too insecure. I am like a coiled cobra that no one should want to step on, but that does have a heart of his own.

With: First Years  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 pm
'Til all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear

OLYVIA CATLIN

Wearing

This time don't need another perfect lie. My God, amazing how we got this far. It's like we're chasing all those stars

❀●•♪ยnsorted ❀●•♪ђalf ๒lood❀●•♪ғirst ұear❀●•♪

User Image User Image
Olyvia gulped as she was led into the great hall. She could practically feel all the eyes of the other students on her as she and the rest of the first years were marched up to the sorting hat. She blinked her eyes out at the crowd, searching for a friendly face, and wrapped her arms protectively around her midsection. Finally her eyes found her sister and she smiled slightly at the Slytherin girl, before laying her eyes on Ada and licking her lips. She'd be okay. She'd do well in any house. She closed her eyes as her name was called and hurried over to the hat. 'Hi mister hat. I'd like to be sorted... well anywhere. I just hope I do well wherever you decide to put me.'

OOC:...

I've been on the brink, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Olyvia Catlin
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm honest, perceptive, happy and optimistic. Some may say i'm a little naive. I'm soft spoken and try to avoid trouble. I love to meet new people. I'm very curious which tends to get me into some trouble because I never know when to stop looking into things. I love my sister with all my heart even though she's a bit.... off. I'm quite loyal to her and would never turn my back on her no matter what she did. I love my father although he forgets about me and Mitchy a lot because of the store. He was never really around for us. Mitchy basically raised me after my mom left so she's almost my only family. I guess she's rubbed off on me a bit though because I can be kind of dark and depressed at times. I hate my mom for leaving. I hate her for dying. I hate a lot of things. I guess that's not really in a nutshell though is it? I mean basically I'm loyal and happy, most days, and I will always always always be on Mitchy's side even if she does things she shouldn't. I'll stand up for people when I need to and I love with all my heart.

'Til all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

cleonancyarmada

Newbie Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm
User Image
First Year-Unsorted-Muggleborn-Single

Karyna shook a little from the cool air and the fear of what was to come next. She heard her name called from the front of the Great Hall. Please let everything be okay. I hope this hat knows what its doing. Karyna just couldn't decide if she liked the idea of a hat deciding who she will be.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a typical virgo. I am quite manipulative when I have to be. People say I normally get my way, but most of the time it is for others. I tend to give more than I get.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games