Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Roi curved Woil's lips into a smile as he moved his hosts hand to offer a shake to her, "It's a pleasure. A friend of Tay's is always a friend of mine." Roi said with Woil's voice as he made a sweet smile, closing his hosts eyes. However, what Tay had said had sparked the ancient demon's curiosity. He decided to poke a little more, he turned Woil's head to look at Tay with a mock concerned look, "'Feeling better'? Is she sick?" He asked with a fake concern voice, he was flawless with using his hosts bodily appearances, it was only natural, since he shared the boys body for over five years now.
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
second year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi blinked with a blank look in her eyes as the question reached her ears. Her dark eyes looked at the leading end of the carriage, seeing nothing but the ground and the empty space where a horse would normally be placed. Was it not just magic pulling them?
He took a few steps to the sides, seeing if there truly was something for her to see but was left more disappointment. Not even a shadow to signal the existence of a strangely invisible being.
Her eyes returned to Colton, with a raised brow and confused features. Looking to Ronyo to clarify and then to the second white-haired boy who had initiated the question that had lead to this misunderstanding.
Was there something she could not see and they could? The thought ran a chill down her back and a bitter taste to pool on her tongue.
"What creatures? There are only the carriages." her words began to trail in a distrusting whisper. Looking back to all present, trying to read their faces if in case she was the one with a delusion set.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 pm
Devin Cloud~first year~unsorted

Devin walked off the train with an extremely bored demeanor written across how face. He hated sitting down for too long. It made him quite sore.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:05 pm
Hogsmead Station/ Carriage User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Hearing talk about something pulling the carriage had Ronyo raising an eyebrow. He trusted Colton not to be trying to fool them, and plus that was just not Colton. Phi seemed to be almost mirroring Ronyo's look and likely mental puzzlement at the idea. For someone to see something that other could not was in fact something that sounded like higher level magic but to what the Slytherin did not know.

"I see nothing Colton, and on top of that I hear nor smell anything either I'm not sure..."Ronyo paused in his sentence as something came over him, it was his extra sense he had developed while in the forest and it was telling him something, "...I am beginning to think there is more going on here than just some simple charm work. I cannot see, smell, or hear anything but I can sense something is in front of the carriage. I didn't feel anything before likely because I thought it something else entirely, "In truth Ronyo had thought it might have been the Nott boy or the other one with him making his sixth sense spark, " I would say it is a question for the grounds keeper when we see her next."

Ronyo thought it best to leave the idea at that as he thought to shift the conversation to something he could put in his ideas about. Something he could not see or smell made him uneasy to be sure, not something Ronyo was accustomed to. The best topic the boy with the long white hair could think of was about the new year and the possibilities.

"So any hopeful wishes for this year? House team, house cup, looking to improve, or strengthen anything?"  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane suddenly felt let down in a way. She couldn't explain the feeling but somehow it was directed at Phi. She shook her head trying to clear the emotion. She turned her attention to the group once again. She reached out in front of the carriage and felt a purchase. She couldn't see anything but she knew something was there. "Thestrals" She said simply adding no explanation.

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; i shall use this layout temporarily

Jane Abigail Doyle

Her

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton stepped back and turned once more to look at the massive black animals stationed at the front of their carriage. He nearly questioned his own senses until Ronyo stated that he could vaguely sense them. Either way, the fact that his two best friends had no idea what he was talking about made his stomach churn and his head whirl. As he parted his lips to argue his case, Ronyo made an attempt at changing the subject.

Going with the flow, Colt rubbed the back of his head as he rummaged through his mind, attempting to choose what part of this year he was most looking forward to. About to mention his decision to try out as a Gryffindor beater, his attention was caught up in the one foreign word that Jane spoke as she moved towards the horse-like creature.
"I'm sorry...A what?" His voice was a bit paranoid as he stepped to her side and closer examined the dark-colored beast. He reached out a timid hand and ran it carefully along the side of its waxy, fur-less skin. The...thestral...slowly turned its head, the charcoal orbs sunk deep into a pair of sockets bore into his light gray eyes with an almost thankful look. Colton felt a sudden lash of sympathy pulse through his veins, and he continued to pet the mysterious creature without further hesitation.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:31 pm
User Image
{"Is this what friendship really feels like?.."}'-,,-'{ Thomas Doyle Findeler }'-,,-'{"...I always pictured it differently!"}
[ First-year ]

Thomas glanced up curiously as Yia began getting ready to disembark. Thomas moved more slowly, but followed suit, by dressing himself carefully, taking a moment to linger over the lack of a tie that would match his house. He then scooped Fisch in his arms and followed Yia closely as he led the way, doing his best to avoid getting lost in the suffle.
"Wait up, Yia." He said struggling with the cat again. "This cat isn't cooperating."
He eventually settled on wrapping the cat in his arms and quickening his pace to rejoin Yia at his side as he pressed on. He glanced ever slightly about the crowds, looking for a glimpse of the top of William or Woil's heads.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 pm
User Imageωhat's on my mind?◤They look so scared, poor dears!◥

ωho is in my thoughts?◤Aerynn and the new students◥

ωhat am I feeling?◤Happy and Excited◥

Professor Kayleigh McKenny

Once the students gathered by her she gestured for them to follow her. Making her way to the lake, they made their path as always. over the lake and up to the castle in to the waiting area by the grand staircase. Once in place she took them all into the great hall to be sorted. "First years! Follow me!!" She yelled as she entered the great hall.

((Sorry but we are skipping the journey so please follow and post here.))

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

Drake smiled at Vanessa and jumped up from his trunk. "Well better get going, before I decide to walk it" He scratched the back of his neck "Thestrals." He muttered and shook his head. " Why thestrals." He piled his things with those of the rest of the school and smiled again.

Yep I'm walking. He thought pulling off his outter robe and throwing it over his shoulder. You won't make me ride with one of those things again. Nope not a chance. He reached down and rolled up his slacks so as to not make them dirty, praying to god that he wouldn't be fouling a pureblood name by doing this.

He began his walk, humming Send Me, since it seemed to be the perfect journey song.

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 am
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane look once again at the front of the carriages. She couldn't help but wonder what they looked like. After a few moments she climbed into the carriage. "Thestrals" she said almost to clarify. "They can only be seen by those you have witnesses death. People tend to be afraid when they see them but really they are very gentle." Jane said happily staring at where the creatures were the wonder never ceasing. Soon the carriage moved and the group was on there way to Hogwarts once again.

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; i shall use this layout temporarily

Jane Abigail Doyle

Her

User Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Fourth YearGryffindorDreamer

Aravis couldn't help but laugh a bit more. "Well, then I suppose we've got to do something about my lack of breaking the rules thusfar," she admitted, unsure of how Will would react. From the sounds of it, he'd probablly help her for all she knew.

As Aravis stepped off the train, Sadie flew off to the Owlery. She sighed as she watched the small owl fly off, but was brought back to reality when Will asiked if they should go to the carriages. "Alright," the girl said enthusiastically.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe
Even if it's just a dream

{Sorry for not responding last night, my computer was being all crazy. You can go post at the table if you want.}  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:18 pm
{HALVINE | CLENORE}

Not yet sorted

Halvine shivered as he stepped off the train, Nikolai perched on his shoulder. The owl had always refused to travel in a cage, and Halvine didn’t mind; he appreciated the company. Despite himself, he was nervous, a rarity for the normally confident eleven-year-old. It’s not like he was often in situations outside of his comfort zone though, so it wasn’t surprising. Realizing he was behind the rest of the first years, he awkwardly rushed to catch up, dragging his luggage behind him.

NEXT: SORTING

Ms.Green Apple

3,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 pm
Hogsmead Station/ Carriage User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Thestrals…it was a name Ronyo swore he had heard before in some manner. He felt it had come from a book or something during the summer…Ronyo smiled as the notion came to him and he pulled out his own leather bound journal in which he had been writing down all the information he could find about wands and wandlore. He flipped to his breakdown of known and suspected cores and saw one of them being hair of Thestral tail hair. While he had found the name and now could confirm to himself the idea of the creature he still could not bring an image to mind. At hearing only those who had seen death could see them that brought pause to the Slytherin.

Colton had seen death, in what way Ronyo had to wonder. It was an interesting concept and one Ronyo wondered how far it stretched to. For he wondered if it would extend to animals as well as people, and what of things like vampires, would seeing one of them constitute seeing death? All large questions that Ronyo thought best to keep in his own mind as they began to move closer towards the castle.

“The Wizarding world never stops surprising and amazing does it? The minute you believe you know it all is the minute you should realize you know nothing,” seeing the carriage begin to move he looked to Colton and extended a hand, “Best not get left behind my friend, I’m sure the Thestrals will be more than happy to see you and be seen by you again.”  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton's hand froze halfway down the thestral's ribs when Jane further explained why half of their party had not been able to see the conspicuous creatures. His body stiffened as every muscle he owned went cold and his blood felt as if it had literally frozen in his veins. Icy thoughts flooded his mind as his eyes blurred and all sign of Hogsmeade station was vacuumed up and swallowed whole by much stronger images. Those same, tangible two minutes that haunted his dreams every night played in his head as if it were actually happening right before him.

They were at the lake again, its surface frozen over so thick that all sign of life beneath it was non-existent, the ice impenetrable to a meager set of eyes. He and Abel stood laughing at its edge, and Tristain eyed the pair warily from her spot on the rickety wooden bench, the book in her hands shaking in unison with her nervous hands. Come on, Gavin! Quit being such a baby! All eyes were on Abel's younger brother as he moved slowly out towards the center of the lake, the snow atop the ice crunching beneath the traction of his boots with every step. Every time he looked back with apprehension, it was almost as if he were begging his cousin and older brother to tell him he had gone far enough, that he could come back. Alright, Gav! You can turn around now! Colton called to him, laughter residing between every word. Relief flooded Gavin's face, but not long enough to matter. The ice crumbled beneath his boots, submerging him completely in hypothermic water. A piercing scream filled the air as Tristain sprinted up to the house to seize her parents, not daring to look back. Abel was frozen in his position on the side of the lake, his eyes wide and body trembling, but Colton's first reflex was to run across the lake without hesitation or fear that he might have the same fate as his little cousin. Sliding to the foot wide break in the ice, Colton glared at the frigid water that stood nearly still against the frosty air. Shoving an entire arm beneath the surface, he scrambled for the top of a head, some fingers, or any sign of life that he could come across. Frustrated when he found nothing, Colt began to beat on the ice with his gloved fists, screaming Gavin's name hysterically and wiping away the snow in hopes that he might be able to spot him. Only seconds had passed since his cousin's disappearance, but the ten year old boy was already feeling a sense of hopelessness wash over him. No time to remove any of his clothes, Colton plunged into the water after his cousin, barely able to make the tight squeeze. The burden of swimming with so many layers on in such cold water was more than he had ever carried, and he had to hold on to the edge until the glacial waters completely soaked through his heavy winter coat. Closing his eyes, he took what he would always remember as the longest breath of his life before using the ice to push himself under. He had to blink several times before he was able to see anything. It was bright as day beneath the surface, completely opposite of how he had imagined it. Colton struggled to turn himself about, only moving ninety degrees before he spotted Gavin, face pressed against the sheet of ice as if he had been trying to gasp for air before he had been swallowed by unconsciousness. Using every muscle he had, the boy reached his cousin's body and began tugging on it tenaciously, trying to ignore the numbing of his own body and the bite in his throat. The hole was only large enough for one of them to fit through at a time, but as he began forcing Gavin's rigid body through, someone pulled it out of the water. As his own pale blue face penetrated the surface, he was only conscious for a few long seconds before the darkness engulfed him, too. Those few seconds were just long enough for his dad to pull him from the lake, and just long enough for him to see his dead cousin lying frozen next to him, his frightened green eyes staring endlessly into the clear blue sky.

It took one minute for Colton and Abel to convince Gavin to walk out onto the ice. It took one minute for Gavin to reach the center. It took one minute for Deanna and Weston to make it to the lake. One minute for Colton to reach his cousin, and only one minute for Gavin to drown. The shocked emotion that had frozen on the eight year old's face, lips wide open as he had been begging for air, still penetrated Colton's vision as he was sucked back to Hogsmeade. Unclenching his fist and recomposing his face as if he had not just been sucked two year into the past, the stiff Gryffindor smiled up at Ronyo and took his hand, pulling his body up into the carriage for a silent ride up to the castle. The boy now felt doomed. He had openly admitted his worst nightmare and his worst secret. Colton had seen death, and as he pictured again the thestral's eyes looking back into his, it was evident that death had seen him.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
The words that were expressed by Jane were said without a thought, but their effect seeped into their shared air. It felt like shards of ice were surrounding him, threatening to piercing into flesh and bring out tainted blood. Even his breathing had stopped in fear his airway and lungs would be ripped to shreds by the sharp, deadly words.
Allen froze slightly - however he seemed to bring little attention to himself. It had been the tall Gryffindor that had openly expressed his knowledge of the invisible creatures and with Jane's words his secrets were not coming to life before the group. Rising from the boy's shadow and festering into form in those silver eyes. Allen's own demons had also seized him, but having jumped around voicing his ability to see the beasts, he was clear. He could be devoured by his own visions in privacy as all other eyes seemed trained on the Gryffindor.

Allen's dark eyes had shut in instinct to keep the beast of the memory contained. Keep it from entering his eyes and being known to those around. He had mastered the art of hiding it within himself, caging it in his soul for it to swell to the point of breaking again and again. Always recapturing it and only setting it free every night.

With eyes still shut and mind working to no other goal than to dispose of the images, he stepped into the carriage. Seating himself against the furthest window before he re-opened his eyes, knowing the demons were locked once more with key hidden.
He looked to the others that slowly entered the carriage; none still noticing him beyond the occasional blind glance. He let a sigh escape him before following with the Slytherin boy's previous attempt to change the topic.
" Wonder how the first years are faring on that lake. I remember how bad it was last year."
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
second year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi's own dark eyes had grown with a pain as she could see the beast pass Colton. Show him visions of his dark secrets and take him away from the group.
In the frozen silent second that she watched him in his inner agony and everyone else watching with plastered confusion, she felt a terrible longing to run away. It was not an alien feeling for her gut - often the meek girl had wanted to run away from whatever challenged, frightened or threatened her. The feeling was an instinct but it only reminded her of how cowardly she was rather than how connect she was to her base.
Her teeth bit at her lip with the thought - how not only Colton now, but others have suffered before her with her holding no power to change or help. How she never even tried to seek such control and skill, only ever a route to run away and abandon them. Her eyes hallowed just as whatever visions had flashed before the Gryffindor seized.
Her hand curled into a fist as she suppressed holding him close in desperate attempt to somehow help.

She clambered ungracefully into the carriage after him, however. Trying not to touch just as hard as she was trying not to run away from her own thoughts. Sitting against the window of the door, with Jane to her left, she looked at the window. Toward where she knew the invisible creature to exist in its damned being, and towards the castle where she was sure to experience more than she could imagine. The excitement from before completely gone with only a haunting emptiness left on her tongue.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games