Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Hence "effectively", dopey.

Although, the only time I see there being a distinct disadvantage is point blank, out of ammo, pistol vs. knife. I'd prolly drop the gun to wrestle the knife, rather than risk stabbind due to my attempt to club the bum to death. A rifle at least can be used as a sheild; a pistol... not so much.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:14 pm
Oh boy, my uncle taught me some really good pinning techniques with knives. He's quick enough to slap the blade (flat part) and hard enough to make it fly out of my hands. I would say, middle of a fight and the douche pulls a knife, I'd win it.

And Boba Fett, of course. Everyone get ready to jump to the Char. Page, I've got a debate.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:21 pm
Meh, I wouldn't trust myself unarmed against a knife. If some douche pulls one on me, I'd go for the pistol. But if you're into interesting knife work, watch streets of fire.

Tom cody's got some great, non-risky anti-knife moves that are surprizingly effective.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 pm
I like hand to hand things. To be honest, I don't like dirty fighting and I hate when people chant. I'd rather embarrass the target and pin his/her a** to the ground. When armed with a knife, I'll use that against it.

I'll look into it, yeah.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 pm
The only fair fight is the one you lose. My preferred method of elimination of an enemy is about a 10 megaton tactical nuclear warhead. I love to fight dirty. Afterall, what's dirtier than owning the biggest gun?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 pm
Nelowulf
The only fair fight is the one you lose. My preferred method of elimination of an enemy is about a 10 megaton tactical nuclear warhead. I love to fight dirty. Afterall, what's dirtier than owning the biggest gun?

Sticking laxative in the enemy water supply.

But I can level with you on the fair fight bit. IF your enemy would have bested you in a fair fight, then there's no point in fighting fair.

Rendin Verta

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:28 pm
Carthson Blikk
Nelowulf

Sticking laxative in the enemy water supply.

But I can level with you on the fair fight bit. IF your enemy would have bested you in a fair fight, then there's no point in fighting fair.
Laxative? Why not just go with a poison, in that case?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 pm
It's a quote from Murphy. There is never such a thing as a 'fair fight' really. someone, somewhere, will have some advantage, somehow. Even if the conditions are equal, you still have to calculate experience, arm length, biological feats performed, etcetera.

In the end, the concept of 'fighting fair' gets turned into 'fighting to expend more energy than needed'. Sure, it's a nice concept, but you bet an awful lot that your opponent has the same honor you do.

But that's just me. I dun like to fight, so I get it over as quick as possible, as effective as possible.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 pm
Nelowulf

I'm trying to convince my buddy on the boffering field of this. He's an ogre in human form, and goes around talking like everybody should fight fair and not backstab and ambush when the opportunity arises. I tell him "it's easy to talk about honor when you're a giant, fight someone twice your size and then let me hear you talk about honor."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:49 am
I'm a fan of the boffer-weapons meself.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 pm
Haha, fighting fairly. It'd be sick if we had something like The Squall to fight in.

Quick question; DC-15 rifles became illegal in the Empire?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:42 am
I believe so. But I don't know the circumstances behind it.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:44 pm
Possibly imprisonment? What if one were to own an Imperial weapon?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 am
They're military weapons, longrifles designed for open battlefields.
It would probably involve a stiff fine and confiscation of the weapon. Possibly a brief prison sentance.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:07 pm
Ouch. What about being caught with a set of stormtrooper armor? Recolored, a bit modified.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff