Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:11 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
DBZ was okay till it got to the point where all that happened in an episode was goku and the enemy powering up for 30 damn mins
That, and they keep talking so friggin' much that the fight doesn't come for 10 more episodes, and when it does, it takes 5 episodes to cover 5 minutes of it, because for some reason, it always goes to everyone else who's all hiding and jabbering on about crap that nobody cares about.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:31 am
Darkened Angel
FrozenPhoenix32
DBZ was okay till it got to the point where all that happened in an episode was goku and the enemy powering up for 30 damn mins
That, and they keep talking so friggin' much that the fight doesn't come for 10 more episodes, and when it does, it takes 5 episodes to cover 5 minutes of it, because for some reason, it always goes to everyone else who's all hiding and jabbering on about crap that nobody cares about.

I see your point 3nodding ......Now in DBGT they have a Goku Jr. ......He is Pan's grandson they even have a vegeta Jr. I heard later down the road!.....Pan's an old lady, and Goku died from old age, I guess all the originals did anyway...... sweatdrop *sigh* Why couldn't they stick with the old characters.....I'm annoyed with the show personally, but the old DBZ episodes like with Cell and Frieza for example, were pretty interesting for a while.....until they started making the GT episodes xp  

Inuyashas_woman

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:08 pm
Akane_Tendo_Ranma luver
Darkened Angel
FrozenPhoenix32

I see your point 3nodding ......Now in DBGT they have a Goku Jr. ......He is Pan's grandson they even have a vegeta Jr. I heard later down the road!.....Pan's an old lady, and Goku died from old age, I guess all the originals did anyway...... sweatdrop *sigh* Why couldn't they stick with the old characters.....I'm annoyed with the show personally, but the old DBZ episodes like with Cell and Frieza for example, were pretty interesting for a while.....until they started making the GT episodes xp

the GT on Cartoon network has little goku, only bc of the black star dragonballs.... and pan is still young...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:40 pm
Nelowulf
Akane_Tendo_Ranma luver
Darkened Angel
FrozenPhoenix32

the GT on Cartoon network has little goku, only bc of the black star dragonballs.... and pan is still young...
Wait, it goes on even more? My God, when does it end? gonk * horror music *  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:42 am
Meh. I don't watch DBZ that often, but when I do go on kicks, it's usually when there's some plot. When I was little, I used to watch Dragon Ball all the time, and for a while I was really confused when DBZ came on. I kept thinking it was familiar, but it was different than I remembered... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:08 pm
It's not the repetitiveness, or the constant jabbering they do that gets me the most. It's how they STRETCH each battle on to last 20+ episodes. I mean, it's like " BEAT THE FRIGGIN' THING ALREADY! scream "  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:44 am
Its a soap opera... thats the only reason why it lasts.

im thinking in 20 years, it will finally reach the end.... just like when my grandma's fave soap opera ended....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:48 am
someone should put that show out of its misery. why cant the good shows like cowboy bebop have more episodes?  

Sol Walker
Crew

~Dhali.Llama~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:56 am
CaleDarksun
someone should put that show out of its misery. why cant the good shows like cowboy bebop have more episodes?

I agree. I want to find out what channel the Anime Network is on where I live. My only source of anime is Toonami, Kids WB, and the FoxBox. gonk Yu-Gi-Oh got even worse than it was at the beginning, they chose the WORST EVER voice for Monkey D. Luffy in One Piece, Pokemon is too happy-happy joy-joy, and the rest is pretty much crap. I think the only good ones that are on are Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin. Possibly Inuyasha, but I almost never watch it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:04 am
man... you are young to not be let up to watch adult swim.

and thats pretty much the only anime out on tv... most is just american cartoons.

though i do like Megas XLR... it satisfies my need for gundams, since gundam seed sucks big cahonies.

Lupin, Inuyasha, and a couple others are on adult swim, but i don't normally watch a lot of anime. Only a few choice ones.

I want gundam wing to be brought back, and at 5'oclock.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:29 am
the Animated Rurouni kenshin has been butchered beyond all recognition. they too americanized it. the only way yoyu could get me to watch it is if the whole thing were back to the way the japs had it. and yes, Megas kicks a**. I highly doubt any gundam could stand against Megas in a fight.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:34 am
dunno... coop vs. epyon.... or vs. deathsythe... or even vs. my fave heavyarms....

why not make him an honorary gundam?

and the only way i got to watch ruruni kenshin is off american. ive seen samurai x trust and betrayel. But unlike most people, i cannot read nor speak japanese, so me getting anything that isn't in english wastes the point. anything in american is already butchered, so it really doesn't matter.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:37 am
Nelowulf
dunno... coop vs. epyon.... or vs. deathsythe... or even vs. my fave heavyarms....

why not make him an honorary gundam?

and the only way i got to watch ruruni kenshin is off american. ive seen samurai x trust and betrayel. But unlike most people, i cannot read nor speak japanese, so me getting anything that isn't in english wastes the point. anything in american is already butchered, so it really doesn't matter.
try reading the Rurouni Kenshin mangas. and its alright man. I cant read or speak japanese either. maybe a few words but thats it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:39 am
but that version is butchered. its americanized, just like the manga from card captor sakura. they get to change it to market it.

its not the real stuff. so techically, reading the manga is no better than watching the show.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:44 am
Nelowulf
but that version is butchered. its americanized, just like the manga from card captor sakura. they get to change it to market it.

its not the real stuff. so techically, reading the manga is no better than watching the show.
guess you're right. at leat there's actual blood in the manga. plus some other stuff that wasn't in the Anime. but its all americanized. all butchered. no point in trying to read or watch it since its been torn asunder and rehashed by american companies to try to make a fast buck. but like the consumer whores we are we will still buy the crap, and read and watch it all. funny funny world. oro.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games