Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 am
Mesh? *glances* It is the undersuit.
Fett's undersuit had composite plates in it and a power liner. I'm sure the mesh stuff can go underneath, but it might not mix well with modern armors, comfort wise.

BTW, did you now that the style of Mando Armor, worn by Boba Fett and Jango Fett, was first witnessed in the Mandalorian Wars?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:42 pm
Yeah, I meant would it fit well under stormie armor. It doesn't look so comfortable, might not be so good.

Yep, Boba's under-armor is pretty really impressive.

Yeah I think so. Referring to the Mandalorian Civil War? That's the only war I know of that Jango was in. I think I'm mistaken. Not so sure.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:51 pm
No. Not the Mandalorian Civil War.
The Mandalorian Wars.
You know, KOTOR?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm
Better than body glove :Shocked:
Oh, yeah I read wrong. Really, myah?  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:16 pm
Yes.
Full set of the Boba Style was being worn on Jebble when the Muir Talisman went off and ******** up the Alderaanian Invasion.
Cassus Fett had to blast the camps from orbit to prevent the spread of the Rakghoul Plague.

Now whats this about body glove?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 pm
Huh. Cool, I thought it was just when the Shock Troopers used it. I'm not 100% clear on the origins of it, but, that clears it up a bunch.

Body glove; the black lining under stormie armor. It's weatherproof and vacuum proof for a very limited amount of time. That's about it for its use. Might be somewhat good for kinetic use, not sure though. Mesh underlay is win.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 pm
That just depends, mate.
I dont recall Mesh Underlay being vac-sealed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm
Yeah, most likely.

It probably isn't, but it's a lot more protective. I'm pretty sure one could die within a minute, more or less, under vacuum conditions in regular body glove. But, I'd rather have more armoring than vacuum protection. I think more infantry. Armor isn't always full body coverage, so, Mesh would be a good choice.

I've been wondering for some time, now... has anyone ever drawn or seen a blaster based off an M16 or an AK? I drew one based off the M1 carbine.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:30 pm
Read more Star Wars Comics.
They're all over the place.
Cant think of any canon ones...well aside from the blastech A280 which looks like an assault rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm
God yes, I have to. I never see them in stores, only online. Internet shopping is a pain for me, but, it's better than nothing.
I like the A280. According to wookiepedia, it's an MP44, mixed with an M16. But, at the front, the part under the barrel looks like a shotgun pump.  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 pm
This one speaks in an odd tongue...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:13 pm
What would happen if you stuck a lightsaber through an energy shield? The ones that usually guards hangars, large doors and droideka's.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:37 pm
The shield would repel it.
Why do you think Droidekas only suffer lightsaber blade induced dismemberment after their shields are down?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:29 pm
I've had a few arguments about it. I thought it could go in with enough force. Would it not go through at all, or, somewhat?

After their shields are down? Because... the lightsabers can't penetrate, and they've got nothing for defense?  

Valkore Fraust

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 pm
The sheilds are completely impenetrable to blaster bolts and saber blades while they are up. A powerful enough blast, or enough shots might cause it to short out, but a saber isn't going to go through, no matter how hard you push. you have to either short it out, or wait for the power supply to diminish  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games