Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:16 pm
Mythology tends to romanticize history, but is not always completely made up and I do not find it to be any less value than true historical information. Even the earliest written stories that we have come across seem so to have been influenced by real events.

This is why I study history and mythology along side each other, because it gives me a better insight on how older civilizations view the world around them. It is actually very surprising when I come to realize the origins of some of customs and sayings, some stemming from historical events and others from mythological stories.

In the end, I have come to believe that history, mythology and philosophy influence one another and have helped shaped man kind into what is is and will continue to influence what it will become. The biggest trick is to take lessons from these stories, real or make-believe, to learn from them and try to avoid making the same mistakes as those that have come before us.

Sadly, it seems that mankind is a little slow in learning these lessons and time after time, history repeats itself. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 pm
*heavy sigh* Another member of my family has been claimed by cancer. Funeral this Friday and calling hours on Thursday....How come my family only ever seems to get together when tragedy strikes? sad  

Manda_Tifa

Hunter Morda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Manda_Tifa
*heavy sigh* Another member of my family has been claimed by cancer. Funeral this Friday and calling hours on Thursday....How come my family only ever seems to get together when tragedy strikes? sad
*hugs* Sorry to hear about you loosing another member of your family.

As for how come family gets together when a tragedy strikes..... not sure, just happens I suppose....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:53 pm
Diana Vulpes

Sadly, it seems that mankind is a little slow in learning these lessons and time after time, history repeats itself. sweatdrop
Sometimes I think humanity just has to constantly re-learn things. It's like a little kid who doesn't believe his or her parent when they say don't pull the kitties tail.

I do find myself amazed at times when I look at where the world is today in comparison to the past. For instance when I was younger I couldn't believe there had ever been slavery in this country. I couldn't fathom how people had been so ignorant over something as simple as skin color. I fould myself thinking there is no way that could happen now. Next thing I know, I relize I'm living in a society where they are trying to prevent something as simple as letting two girls or two boys get married. I can only wonder what the next generation will say about us.  

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 pm
Manda_Tifa
So sorry to here you are dealing with another death. (hugs)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm
I went to the state fair today with some people from church. Still, much better than going alone like I usually do. Ate fair food, saw some tigers, wandered around and had a pretty good time. Though we didn't spend much time at the Midway (game area) and didn't play any games so no large stuffed animal for me this year. But I'll go again Friday with mom and step-dad so I'll have another opportunity. 3nodding  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 pm
Thanks for the words of comfort guys....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Manda_Tifa
Thanks for the words of comfort guys....
*snuggles* I love you and will be here for you whenever you need it. You know my phone number!  

LilKitty115

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:19 pm
My latest contract (aka job) arrived today. This is the first time all the pieces were delivered at one time (although in 3 separate deliveries) but it means I won't have problems like last time. Got 2 laptops to set up. Not going to be paying too much but it's work.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:37 pm
It's both good and sad to know that my dog's problems aren't exactly caused by me.....

My dog barks a lot and also doesn't really listen to anything we tell him to do (partly my fault.... because I suck at dog training). But the problem is made worse by the amount of dog treats they get.

Just a small sample:

Once they come in from outside, they get a dog treat.
By looking cute, they get a dog treat.
By annoying my mother a lot, they get a dog treat.
After their dinner, they get a dog treat.

And that's a small sample. While I was talking to Rain yesterday, I also found out that what we do to get Charlie to eat his dinner.... isn't good for him either. Charlie doesn't like normal dog food (he's picky.... something Bobby wasn't), so to try to help, my mother bought cat food to mix in (it's very fish.... if you can excuse the pun). Rain told me that it's not a good idea because nutritionally, dogs have different requirements to cats. The reason my mother didn't think about this is Charlie used to eat my sister's cat's food. And Juliet was putted down a while ago, so he wasn't getting the cat food.

It sort of works, but anyway, Charlie doesn't behave as well as he should. The only person he seems to listen to, is me xP, even then he doesn't always. But I think I should try to cut all the dog treats out (well not all of it.... just reduce it a lot) of their diet, but there is a big problem. My mother. She's the one mostly complaining about their behaviour, and she's also the one who gives them loads of dog treats. She goes through upto 6 chicken strips (about 6-7 inches long) a day.

Anyway, I've adjusted to uni time now so I shouldn't have as many problems. Just need to do some drawing of my ideas in my professional journal (we get marked on it).  

Crenn

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:53 pm
I'm with out power at my house, have been for like 9 days and having to live off of food from circle k and dad has staff in his tear ducts, his knees and back are shot and he has glacouma(sp?) so he's going blind and the meds that the doctor gave him make his shake and she changed them but because of her ******** up he could be shaking for the rest of his life and that's bad 'cause he does AC work and no one will hire him now so now he's killing his self working for circle k like 50 to 70 hrs a week at night just so we can live in a hot a** house with no power.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:55 pm
What would you do if we woke up and the whole world was gone?...

Damn...That really, really bitees. I'm sorry..

...Well, would you believe with me is where you belong?

TheKidiKehT

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:00 pm
Yea but what can you do? I hate laying aroud feeling sorry for my self I'll be damned before that happens, but there isn't much I can do other than get a job and help with the bills. *shrug* College is going to have to wait.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 pm
What would you do if we woke up and the whole world was gone?...

Yeah. Guess it can't be helped. At least you're trying to do something for yourself to help out at the same time.

...Well, would you believe with me is where you belong?

TheKidiKehT

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 pm
So last night around 10p my boyfriend's mom calls him and says she and his dad are gonna come visit us for the weekend. They arrived around quarter to 9 tonight, and we just got back from the fancy Chinese/sushi restaurant down the block. My tummy is happy. heart whee  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games