Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"Amy Lee" vs Rellik San... UPDATED! see first page. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 am
l.a.v.
Rellik San
l.a.v.
this is...completely pointless. confused

How so?

Well let's face it, that girl probably was NOT Amy Lee, and even if she was, why does it matter? Amy Lee is not a bad person, as far as I can tell. She hasn't skewered any babies, and doesn't seem to be a drug user, whore or abusive personality. Who are we to judge her as a person simply because some of us don't like her music?

As far as her attacking someone with a song...that's a musician's staple. Korn went after their own Record Label. The most passionate music comes from personal experience, and as goths especially know, not every experience is pleasant or happy.

Frankly, I used to hate Amy Lee myself - but then I realized that those dark feelings stemmed from jealousy; she has a lovely voice, long dark hair, a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes and places to wear those clothes. As soon as I realized why felt that way (being blonde I have always envied women with black hair, natural or not), I stopped feeling that way and found I actually enjoyed her music. I would give my left arm to have her skin and hair (not to mention her makeup artist...) but I don't have those things, and it's time I made something out of who I am instead of blaming my personal hurt on others. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but don't you think that this thread grants a little too much attention to someone who you say is not worth your time?

The point of this is to give likkle Rellik a way to boost his ego, and cuz he's a bit of an attention whore. We're just giving the baby his bottle; becuase its usually mildly entertaining, astoundingly so for a shaved ape rofl

Though... everyone, not just people from specific subcultures has bad experiences of life, it doesn't frankly matter who or what you are, everyone gets shitted on. So quit it with the "goths especially", please.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:12 am
Isobel Bellamy
l.a.v.
Rellik San
l.a.v.

How so?

Well let's face it, that girl probably was NOT Amy Lee, and even if she was, why does it matter? Amy Lee is not a bad person, as far as I can tell. She hasn't skewered any babies, and doesn't seem to be a drug user, whore or abusive personality. Who are we to judge her as a person simply because some of us don't like her music?

As far as her attacking someone with a song...that's a musician's staple. Korn went after their own Record Label. The most passionate music comes from personal experience, and as goths especially know, not every experience is pleasant or happy.

Frankly, I used to hate Amy Lee myself - but then I realized that those dark feelings stemmed from jealousy; she has a lovely voice, long dark hair, a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes and places to wear those clothes. As soon as I realized why felt that way (being blonde I have always envied women with black hair, natural or not), I stopped feeling that way and found I actually enjoyed her music. I would give my left arm to have her skin and hair (not to mention her makeup artist...) but I don't have those things, and it's time I made something out of who I am instead of blaming my personal hurt on others. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but don't you think that this thread grants a little too much attention to someone who you say is not worth your time?

The point of this is to give likkle Rellik a way to boost his ego, and cuz he's a bit of an attention whore. We're just giving the baby his bottle; becuase its usually mildly entertaining, astoundingly so for a shaved ape rofl

Though... everyone, not just people from specific subcultures has bad experiences of life, it doesn't frankly matter who or what you are, everyone gets shitted on. So quit it with the "goths especially", please.

Well actually there were two points, yes one of them, was about the possiblity of me smacking down, yet another uppity celebrity... the other, was to point out, just how silly people get, especially when they are fans, not of the music or the band, but of the person themselves. By the way for the record, Amy Lee would have a lovely singing voice, if she bit the bullet and admitted she needs lessons, because it seems these days all she can manage is this shrill and frankly annoying sound.

And yuppers, as Izzie (welcome back btw) pointed out, plenty of people get s**t on, I know chavs, metallers, gangstas, emos and yes goths, who have all been shat on with equal measure.  

Rellik San
Crew

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:18 pm
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
l.a.v.
Rellik San
l.a.v.

How so?

Well actually there were two points, yes one of them, was about the possiblity of me smacking down, yet another uppity celebrity... the other, was to point out, just how silly people get, especially when they are fans, not of the music or the band, but of the person themselves. By the way for the record, Amy Lee would have a lovely singing voice, if she bit the bullet and admitted she needs lessons, because it seems these days all she can manage is this shrill and frankly annoying sound.

And yuppers, as Izzie (welcome back btw) pointed out, plenty of people get s**t on, I know chavs, metallers, gangstas, emos and yes goths, who have all been shat on with equal measure.

My reference was more that since we make a point of pointing out that life isn't always perfect, we should know that better than anyone else. It's something that the majority of this subculture seems to agree on. Never did I state that goths suffer more than anyone else or any other fallacious hyperbole like that. You misinterpreted me, big time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 pm
Amy Lee is full of fail.  

MediaclCunt

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:57 am
I don't like this thread. :c  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 am
m a r l o w

Why it was proven not to be the real Amy Lee so its me smacking down an Amy Lee impersonator.... or are you the impersonator? razz  

Rellik San
Crew

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:37 pm
Rellik San
m a r l o w

Why it was proven not to be the real Amy Lee so its me smacking down an Amy Lee impersonator.... or are you the impersonator? razz

No. I don't like Amy Lee. I just agree with l.a.v.
I dunno.
And I bet if it was an "impersonating" Ashley Simpson versus Rellik San it won't be on this forum. So because its about Amy Lee (whether its her or not) you decided to post this here. Which must mean something. :c

And don't be surprised if its the real Amy Lee, my friend has her on msn (yes the REAL Amy Lee), and apparently she roams the internet and pops up here and there. Even rockstars like the interwebs?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:11 am
m a r l o w
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.
And I bet if it was an "impersonating" Ashley Simpson versus Rellik San it won't be on this forum. So because its about Amy Lee (whether its her or not) you decided to post this here. Which must mean something. :c

And don't be surprised if its the real Amy Lee, my friend has her on msn (yes the REAL Amy Lee), and apparently she roams the internet and pops up here and there. Even rockstars like the interwebs?

Well your right, if it was Ashley Simpson, I wouldn't have posted it here, because what would be the point, there would be no discussion, just lots of "hahah stupid preppy b***h," and the like.

The point is, I was berating her professional conduct, one thing I can not stand, is when professionals, no matter who or what they are, do not have proper conduct, wether its walking off stage during a set, or actively attacking other celebrities publicly. So it wasn't the real Amy Lee, or maybe it is, either way, you do not act like that, or hide behind 'the rock and roll lifestyle' as a means to justify your actions.  

Rellik San
Crew

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 pm
Rellik San
m a r l o w
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

Well your right, if it was Ashley Simpson, I wouldn't have posted it here, because what would be the point, there would be no discussion, just lots of "hahah stupid preppy b***h," and the like.

The point is, I was berating her professional conduct, one thing I can not stand, is when professionals, no matter who or what they are, do not have proper conduct, wether its walking off stage during a set, or actively attacking other celebrities publicly. So it wasn't the real Amy Lee, or maybe it is, either way, you do not act like that, or hide behind 'the rock and roll lifestyle' as a means to justify your actions.

I'm not sure I recall the incident you're talking about Rellik, the only "attack" I can recall from her is "Call Me When You're Sober", and she never mentions his name. It could just be a generic break-up song. Was there something else she did? I'm curious.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:09 am
l.a.v.
Rellik San
m a r l o w
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

I'm not sure I recall the incident you're talking about Rellik, the only "attack" I can recall from her is "Call Me When You're Sober", and she never mentions his name. It could just be a generic break-up song. Was there something else she did? I'm curious.

Yeah the article we were commenting on, was the fact, she did actually publicly attack the guy during an interview. To go after a corporation is one thing, but to use your medium and media influence as a means to attack an individual is wrong and unprofessional.  

Rellik San
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:06 pm
l.a.v.
Rellik San
m a r l o w
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

Wasn't that about the guy from seether?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:50 am
Blackrose Kaire
l.a.v.
Rellik San
m a r l o w
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

Yep, who she used his name, in the article I was commenting on, making it a public attack.  

Rellik San
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:59 am
Rellik San
Blackrose Kaire
l.a.v.
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

Yep, who she used his name, in the article I was commenting on, making it a public attack.
But yet poeple will say "Oh amy lee is so great!She's the nicest person in the world".  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:04 am
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
Blackrose Kaire
l.a.v.
Rellik San
m a r l o w

I dunno.

But yet poeple will say "Oh amy lee is so great!She's the nicest person in the world".

Their are people that believe what Fox News and CNN tells them.... so you know, that says a lot for the gullible nature of the world at large.  

Rellik San
Crew

Foxglow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:31 pm
I like Amy Lee's voice, but I'm not a fan of Evanescance. Except My Immortal. But the rest sucks.

I realise this isn't relevant...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces