Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
BRAWL IS ONLINE!11!wan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:38 pm
Alot of yous are very cocky and especially about a game that isint out yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Alot of yous are very cocky and especially about a game that isint out yet.

Everybody is just going by Melee abilities since the control scheme will be similar I imagine since you can use the GC controller again.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm
I think that zero suit samus and metaknight will be taking high tier spots simualar to shiek.

I also predict that fox, and if he's the same, falco, will remain top tier, unless they introduce someone even faster.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:19 pm
This isint like pokemon were you can basically win all the time anything can happen in these matches so there will never be one person better than another really.  

Razz-Berry 9

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 pm
nitnit
I think that zero suit samus and metaknight will be taking high tier spots simualar to shiek.

I also predict that fox, and if he's the same, falco, will remain top tier, unless they introduce someone even faster.

Zero suit I doubt will be included actually since she only comes into play with items on, and MLG bans items and the tiers are based off the tournament results.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:37 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
This isint like pokemon were you can basically win all the time anything can happen in these matches so there will never be one person better than another really.

Actually I'm going to say they are more distinguished lines of who is better than another person. Pokemon is basically luck during the battle and common sense, some strategy, and not much actuall "skill", where Super Smash Brothers doesn't have luck if items are off and the stages are equal, but MLG rules sorts them out, so it is more a game of one player's skill versus another player's skill the better player is the one who wins if it's close everytime then all it means is they are about even, but there is a definite hierarchy of whos better than who.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:47 pm
Playing a Game of smash Without Items and random stages is not right.Anyone can win in a game of Smash bros Skill helps yes but it doesent win the battle by it'self.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:48 pm
Playing a game of smash bros with no items and a set, equal stage takes the luck part of the game out.  

nitnit
Captain

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:51 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Playing a Game of smash Without Items and random stages is not right.Anyone can win in a game of Smash bros Skill helps yes but it doesent win the battle by it'self.

Look up the MLG ruleset for Melee, before you make a comment like that on a less forgiving more avid towards Super Smash Brothers site or they will eat you alive.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 pm
nitnit
Playing a game of smash bros with no items and a set, equal stage takes the luck part of the game out.
Which is quiet stupid it's like when people use sleep clauses and others in Pokemon they just cant face it when people use it against them.  

Razz-Berry 9

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:04 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
nitnit
Which is quiet stupid it's like when people use sleep clauses and others in Pokemon they just cant face it when people use it against them.

No it eliminates luck, making it more based on skill. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:19 pm
TheBasementDweller
!!Razz-berry!!9
nitnit

But its Smash Bros...You all got to remember it's just a game even based on your Skill level Most characters have weaknesses to others Am I correct?  

Razz-Berry 9

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
TheBasementDweller
!!Razz-berry!!9
nitnit

But its Smash Bros...You all got to remember it's just a game even based on your Skill level Most characters have weaknesses to others Am I correct?

Some are considered counters, but a good player can null he opponent's advantages.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:33 pm
pokemon trainer is gonna be awesome!  

Pretendo13

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Personally I just want to get in there and fight and im sure I will deveolp a strategy and what not when I play for mindless hours.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff