Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Clannad TV Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:38 pm
Onicept
0ceanBlue
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kyou gets angered too much to be a Tsuruya. She's closer to Haruhi, actually. Kyou and Tomoya actually are similar in a way.

And I'm pretty sure Fuko doesn't match any of them.

But I would have never guessed at Tomoyo = Kyon, but it's a good analogy. Except, Kyon seems more worldly-experienced than Tomoyo [only my assumptions from the current episode].

To be honest, although Sunohara is much closer to Taniguchi in character, it's obvious that Sunohara plays a much larger role. I wouldn't know if Taniguchi acts in the same way that Sunohara does because he has never needed to.

It feels awkward to make character comparisons for me.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Kyou and Tsuruya have the same exact personality, I bet Tsuruya would also get very made from time to time. Also, Kyou and Tsuruya are both socialite's, and Haruhi is not, which is why they also don't work.

Roles play no part into this either. This is based totally on personality, besides, Taniguchi initially played a very big role. He was the one who basically subconsciously got Kyon to talk to Haruhi is the first place. As he was the one who revealed her history.

Tomoyo moved away for a while, did she not? They both have the same "stop messing around, shut up, go away, why are you here?, what do you want?" attitudes and they also share the habit of making choices based on others feelings, and not their own (even though they feel differently on the inside).

Fuko will probably match someone eventually.

...at least you have influence.
You "bet" she would. Personally, I think you're putting too much faith in guesswork. I personally don't see Tsuruya as volatile as Kyou, and I think Tsuruya was set up as the careless-yet-mature character, while Kyou is set up as the strong on the outside character [I can't go beyond this, since I don't have adequate proof].

[Potential Spoiler]
During The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tsuruya allows the future Mikuru [I will refer to her as Michiru] into her house and allows her to stay without asking any questions, showing that she knows when things are not her business. That shows a certain maturity. She also knew how to control situations, told to us by Kyon as he was commenting on her interactions with Haruhi.
[End]

They have a different kind of strength. Kyou's strength is more stubbornness and a sort of roughness [not intentionally demeaning her character, Kyou's my favorite Clannad girl] and Tsuruya's strength is more of nonchalance, carefreeness, and maturity. I understand where you're coming from; they're both are very strong mentally and have a tough composure, but it is my opinion that you misunderstand where the strength comes from and how it is displayed.

As for Kyon/Tomoyo, please watch episode 17. I don't even to make an argument, but I'll have to retract my reason. Their personalities are just different.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:32 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Kyou gets angered too much to be a Tsuruya. She's closer to Haruhi, actually. Kyou and Tomoya actually are similar in a way.

But I would have never guessed at Tomoyo = Kyon, but it's a good analogy. Except, Kyon seems more worldly-experienced than Tomoyo [only my assumptions from the current episode].

To be honest, although Sunohara is much closer to Taniguchi in character, it's obvious that Sunohara plays a much larger role. I wouldn't know if Taniguchi acts in the same way that Sunohara does because he has never needed to.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Kyou and Tsuruya have the same exact personality, I bet Tsuruya would also get very made from time to time. Also, Kyou and Tsuruya are both socialite's, and Haruhi is not, which is why they also don't work.

Roles play no part into this either. This is based totally on personality, besides, Taniguchi initially played a very big role. He was the one who basically subconsciously got Kyon to talk to Haruhi is the first place. As he was the one who revealed her history.

Tomoyo moved away for a while, did she not? They both have the same "stop messing around, shut up, go away, why are you here?, what do you want?" attitudes and they also share the habit of making choices based on others feelings, and not their own (even though they feel differently on the inside).

You "bet" she would. Personally, I think you're putting too much faith in guesswork. I personally don't see Tsuruya as volatile as Kyou, and I think Tsuruya was set up as the careless-yet-mature character, while Kyou is set up as the strong on the outside character [I can't go beyond this, since I don't have adequate proof].

[Potential Spoiler]
During The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tsuruya allows the future Mikuru [I will refer to her as Michiru] into her house and allows her to stay without asking any questions, showing that she knows when things are not her business. That shows a certain maturity. She also knew how to control situations, told to us by Kyon as he was commenting on her interactions with Haruhi.
[End]

They have a different kind of strength. Kyou's strength is more stubbornness and a sort of roughness [not intentionally demeaning her character, Kyou's my favorite Clannad girl] and Tsuruya's strength is more of nonchalance, carefreeness, and maturity. I understand where you're coming from; they're both are very strong mentally and have a tough composure, but it is my opinion that you misunderstand where the strength comes from and how it is displayed.

As for Kyon/Tomoyo, please watch episode 17. I don't even to make an argument, but I'll have to retract my reason. Their personalities are just different.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

And you try to demean everything I say, just because I compared characters in a certain way.

For characters to be like one another, they are not supposed to be exactly the same. Or else that is basically idea stealing, or character cloning.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:37 am
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

[Potential Spoiler]
[End]

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

And you try to demean everything I say, just because I compared characters in a certain way.

For characters to be like one another, they are not supposed to be exactly the same. Or else that is basically idea stealing, or character cloning.

I analyze what you say and compare them to the characters, and tell you why your comparisons aren't accurate. The only "demeaning" sentences in my post are the first one, maybe the second, and the last sentence in my second last paragraph [which I tried to phrase as nicely as possible]. In fact, if you include the last sentence, they're the only ones where I state my opinion. The rest was analysis of the characters and comparison, in where I hardly referenced any of your posts. I compared your statement to the characters, and provided examples on why your statements are incorrect. I have my own opinions about things, so I state them. The difference between me and some others is that I provide reasons and examples, and maybe some people take that more offensively than if I had just said, "I don't think Tomoyo = Kyon."

Going by what you said, your post before that [starting with, "Kyou and Tsuruya have..."] is demeaning everything I said. I was just stating my opinion in that post. Saying that people are similar is the exact same as saying people are different in the fact that they are opinion. I just chose to say that characters weren't the same instead of saying

It depends on what your idea of 'character matching' is. I was just telling you my opinion [which happened to conflict with yours] on why the characters don't match, followed with reasoning and logic as to why so you would understand why I think that way. The reason I don't like the Tsuruya/Kyou paring is because their strength is the only thing I see as a potential similarity [you said that they have the "exact same personality", but I don't see it that way, so I don't understand that], and I explained why their strength is different. I can understand why you would pair them, but I personally feel that it isn't accurate.

In fact, wouldn't I be the one saying, "They're not exactly the same," by providing reasons for them being different while you're saying that these characters are similar or the same? Aside from the Haruhi = Kyou thing [which I retract, I just provided it for a different alternative], I never provided any type of character matching.

To be honest, I don't like paring characters. It's like comparing Kanon and Clannad, and it bothers me.

But seriously, once you watch episode 17, you'll concede about Tomoyo. I don't think I've ever seen Kyon smile that much or act that way. I would have agreed with you about Tomoyo until episode 17. That completely changed my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:36 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

[Potential Spoiler]
[End]

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I analyze what you say and compare them to the characters, and tell you why your comparisons aren't accurate. The only "demeaning" sentences in my post are the first one, maybe the second, and the last sentence in my second last paragraph [which I tried to phrase as nicely as possible]. In fact, if you include the last sentence, they're the only ones where I state my opinion. The rest was analysis of the characters and comparison, in where I hardly referenced any of your posts. I compared your statement to the characters, and provided examples on why your statements are incorrect. I have my own opinions about things, so I state them. The difference between me and some others is that I provide reasons and examples, and maybe some people take that more offensively than if I had just said, "I don't think Tomoyo = Kyon."

Going by what you said, your post before that [starting with, "Kyou and Tsuruya have..."] is demeaning everything I said. I was just stating my opinion in that post. Saying that people are similar is the exact same as saying people are different in the fact that they are opinion. I just chose to say that characters weren't the same instead of saying

It depends on what your idea of 'character matching' is. I was just telling you my opinion [which happened to conflict with yours] on why the characters don't match, followed with reasoning and logic as to why so you would understand why I think that way. The reason I don't like the Tsuruya/Kyou paring is because their strength is the only thing I see as a potential similarity [you said that they have the "exact same personality", but I don't see it that way, so I don't understand that], and I explained why their strength is different. I can understand why you would pair them, but I personally feel that it isn't accurate.

In fact, wouldn't I be the one saying, "They're not exactly the same," by providing reasons for them being different while you're saying that these characters are similar or the same? Aside from the Haruhi = Kyou thing [which I retract, I just provided it for a different alternative], I never provided any type of character matching.

To be honest, I don't like paring characters. It's like comparing Kanon and Clannad, and it bothers me.

But seriously, once you watch episode 17, you'll concede about Tomoyo. I don't think I've ever seen Kyon smile that much or act that way. I would have agreed with you about Tomoyo until episode 17. That completely changed my mind.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Gah! I didn't ask for a wall of text!

It was supposed to be a little bit of fun with comparing characters who are similar, Not a full on scientific analysis of each character and how one scene might throw them off because that side of their personality was not shown in either of the series.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:36 pm
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

[Potential Spoiler]
[End]

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

It was supposed to be a little bit of fun with comparing characters who are similar, Not a full on scientific analysis of each character and how one scene might throw them off because that side of their personality was not shown in either of the series.

OceanBlue = Wall of Text. =D

I tend to get serious and over-analytical [at least, in my opinion. Others might think otherwise] over things I shouldn't, and be lazy on things I should. Sorry if I seemed rude; I'm just extremely opinionated.

And if it involves Fujibayashi Kyou, Hiiragi Kagami, Tohno Akiha, or Tohsaka Rin, even more so. ^__^

Oh, and I've revoked my status as a tsundere lover after concluding that Kyou, Kagami, and Rin aren't tsundere [using LS's definition]. I'm undecided about Akiha, but she probably is one. Personally, I think the title of tsundere should only extend to characters such as Shana and Louise [ironically, both characters from J.C. Staff anime], who actually start out as hostile. Kagami isn't hostile, and Rin and Kyou are only hostile to certain people or in certain situations.

Ironically, many people probably realized this sooner.

Of course, the only way this is on-topic is when considering Kyou.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:48 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue

[Potential Spoiler]
[End]

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I tend to get serious and over-analytical [at least, in my opinion. Others might think otherwise] over things I shouldn't, and be lazy on things I should. Sorry if I seemed rude; I'm just extremely opinionated.

And if it involves Fujibayashi Kyou, Hiiragi Kagami, Tohno Akiha, or Tohsaka Rin, even more so. ^__^

Oh, and I've revoked my status as a tsundere lover after concluding that Kyou, Kagami, and Rin aren't tsundere [using LS's definition]. I'm undecided about Akiha, but she probably is one. Personally, I think the title of tsundere should only extend to characters such as Shana and Louise [ironically, both characters from J.C. Staff anime], who actually start out as hostile. Kagami isn't hostile, and Rin and Kyou are only hostile to certain people or in certain situations.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Tsundere's generally start hostile, then end up becoming mushy with a bit of "NOO, YOU SAW MY PANTIES! PERVERT! *Punch*" thrown in every once in a while.

I believe the Tsundere known to most this generation is Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina.

However, from the last generation it was Asuka Langley-Shoyru from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:10 pm
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue
Onicept
0ceanBlue

[Potential Spoiler]
[End]

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Tsundere's generally start hostile, then end up becoming mushy with a bit of "NOO, YOU SAW MY PANTIES! PERVERT! *Punch*" thrown in every once in a while.

I believe the Tsundere known to most this generation is Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina.

However, from the last generation it was Asuka Langley-Shoyru from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Ironically, I have no idea who Naru is. Love Hina was before the time I started getting interested in anime.

The pantie thing [I generally think, "Fanservice."] irritates me a little, to be honest. But that's just me. I prefer something less, "Underwear flashing!" when I think about showing character personality.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:11 pm
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Love Hina was really before your time?

How old are you then, if I might ask.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:57 pm
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

im 9 nosrsly. mai chrctr anlys rcks nd im 9

I'm about as old as you are.

It's just that I didn't get interested in anime until 2-4 years ago [Princess Mononoke/Mononoke-Hime]. Also, Love Hina wasn't one of those anime that seemed interesting to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

im 9 nosrsly. mai chrctr anlys rcks nd im 9

I'm about as old as you are.

It's just that I didn't get interested in anime until 2-4 years ago [Princess Mononoke/Mononoke-Hime]. Also, Love Hina wasn't one of those anime that seemed interesting to me.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Ah, I have been interested in Anime and Animation since I was 6.

But, of course, I saw Love Hina around when I was 12, and I like the Harem genre. Though Love Hina does generally suck.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:05 pm
I'm seriously broken mentally and emotionally.

Episode 18 has to be one of the strongest episodes in Clannad.
[Goes to feebly attempt some Kyou fanwork now.]

And as a side note, I'm in a more-or-less fetal position right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:58 pm
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I have yet to watch 16, 17 and 18. But I'll get right on downloading 18.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:37 pm
Now that I think about it, not a lot of people are going to feel the same way about episode 18 [I mean, it's a strong episode, but I guess reactions will vary].

It must be hard for KyoAni, who have to worry about adjusting and omitting sections so they don't conflict with Nagisa's ending.

Such as large parts of Tomoyo's and Kyou/Ryou's arcs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 am
Nagisa is cute but she doesn't click with me, maybe that's because I'm a hardcore Kyou fanboy and to a lesser extent, Tomoyo. Ryou and Kyou had me banging on my desk and screaming that I would go out with them. Damn Tomoya to hell for making Kyou cry. I'm desperately hoping for KyoAni to release OVAs that follow Kyou+Tomoya ending.

Ocean, I'm with you. After watching 18, I wanna learn how to draw...Just so I can draw Kyou and me going out on dates.

The inner fanboy in me burns with hot intensity.

YES! YES!  

00NINE-1
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Nagisa is cute but she doesn't click with me, maybe that's because I'm a hardcore Kyou fanboy and to a lesser extent, Tomoyo. Ryou and Kyou had me banging on my desk and screaming that I would go out with them. Damn Tomoya to hell for making Kyou cry. I'm desperately hoping for KyoAni to release OVAs that follow Kyou+Tomoya ending.

Ocean, I'm with you. After watching 18, I wanna learn how to draw...Just so I can draw Kyou and me going out on dates.

The inner fanboy in me burns with hot intensity.

YES! YES!
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

If they were to release OVA's, it would be on Tomoyo. Because Tomoyo is the main character of the 2nd game.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces