yes
  maybe
View Results

LiskasaurusRex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:09 pm
Circle the Sky

its totally becoming too popular.
in a bad way.
...and the movie! i am so hoping that magicly doesnt happen.
it'll ruin the magic, that the book makes.
i like picturing edward and all the other characters on my own. he is perfect in my head.
but when a movie comes out, there will be characters and those will replace the characters my imagination made.
...twilight, new moon, eclipse will just become another harry potter series.

That is soooo true.I'm really mad because I couldn't imagine Harry and the others by myself because I saw the first movie first.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:24 pm
I'm a bit worried about the Twilight movie as well. I'm not so worried about the choice of actors, as they can do a lot with special effects, but I'm scared that when I see who's acting someone like say... Carlisle, then I'll forget my own mental image of him. He probably has short hair for example, and in my mind he looks like Jezebel/Jizabel Disraeli [from the manga Godchild. I guess you could do a Google or Wikipedia search to see what he looks like.]

As for getting more popular, I don't think it's really that much of a problem. It's just the sudden wave of "omg i love vampires they rawk" fans that help give vampire books a bad name that I'm scared of, I guess. If more people know about the book, I'll have more people to talk about it to I guess. If people choose to criticise the book, I wouldn't care much because it's more like a matter of opinion. I'd be interested in what they write, though, because honestly sometimes no matter how much you like a book, or website, or movie, or whatever, sometimes when you read those articles you go "Oh, yeah. That's true." but still love the book.  

[[.sheryl.]]

BUGS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Wheezing Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:42 pm
I have to disagree. Now that everyone is reading it, I have more people to talk and squeal about it with. 3nodding xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:54 pm
x Alice x Cullen x
I think it's ridiculous that some of you will stop liking Twilight just because it's popular. Like, "OMG EVERYONE LIKES TWILIGHT SO I CAN'T LIKE IT ANYMORE LOLOLOLOLOL." Popularity isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. What's bad is changing your interests because they're in the majority or the minority.
uhm..ok if you had been reading more of the guild, you would have found that it is a lot deeper than "OMG EVERY LIKES TWILIGHT kiss my a**s" it's just that CERTAIN PEOPLE can ruin a book with their utter STUPIDITY. I would never stop liking a book (especially the Twilight Series) because of STUPID people. It's just that it gets annoying to here people go on and on about how they love the book oh so much and blah blah blah blah when they sound like a bunch of fools. Don't make a book look stupid, especially an awesome one like this. Plus, Nickelback used to be pretty good, but now they annoy everyone b/c they're overplayed and total sell outs (one example) so yeah, I guess i just don't want the book to get like that. it would be disappointing. So, instead of making yourself look foolish, maybe don't make assumptions about what I am trying to get at. Ok. Thanks rolleyes  

xbookxwormx

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:56 pm
[[.sheryl.]]
I'm a bit worried about the Twilight movie as well. I'm not so worried about the choice of actors, as they can do a lot with special effects, but I'm scared that when I see who's acting someone like say... Carlisle, then I'll forget my own mental image of him. He probably has short hair for example, and in my mind he looks like Jezebel/Jizabel Disraeli [from the manga Godchild. I guess you could do a Google or Wikipedia search to see what he looks like.]

As for getting more popular, I don't think it's really that much of a problem. It's just the sudden wave of "omg i love vampires they rawk" fans that help give vampire books a bad name that I'm scared of, I guess. If more people know about the book, I'll have more people to talk about it to I guess. If people choose to criticise the book, I wouldn't care much because it's more like a matter of opinion. I'd be interested in what they write, though, because honestly sometimes no matter how much you like a book, or website, or movie, or whatever, sometimes when you read those articles you go "Oh, yeah. That's true." but still love the book.
i agree with you. although i am kind of interested of how they'll make the cullen's house look. but i'm kinda nervous, like you said, about it too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:58 pm
mizzshy
xbookxwormx
mizzshy
User Image I see the angels,
I'll lead them to your door.
There's no escape now...
---

I have to agree. It gets so annoying when people read only a tiny part of it and are like, "omg I'm like the biggest fan of Twilight and vampires ever"

This is why it's nice to live in England sometimes. All the chavs here would never get into vampires.

Only me and my group of friends like it at all... which makes me happy... ^_^

---
... No mercy no more,
No remorse 'cause I still remember
The smile when you tore me apart...User Image
finally someone who agrees.
no one in my school really knows about it except for a few
but still..
just b/c you look at the cover doesn't mean you're the number one fan.
dumb.. mad

Exactly! *high fives* ^_^
w00t! domokun  

xbookxwormx

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:21 pm
I wouldn't be afraid of the growing amount of fans... i would be afraid of the posers... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:51 am
I personally can't relate to the n00b acting fans...at my school everyone is pretty mature about it. They have either read Twilight/NM/Ecplipse or they haven't. If they have, I like to talk about it and it's characters and stuff....

I first read Twilight back in August because I saw the book and it seemed pretty cool. Then the obsession started [I sound like and drug addict I know lol.]. Then I borrowed the other two from a friend and loved the series!

I like that it's getting popular. I only see the good in it! I mean, there's a movie! I never saw that coming! I don't really care if people hate the series or act stupid about it. Either you understand it's beauty or you don't. If any idiots come around, I just tell them to shut up or ignore them. I feel like, if you are a true fan, you'll love the series regardless of it's poularity. The fake people who are going with the "trend" will fade away. Yeah, it was all "secret" and special in the begining, but popularity doesn't change how special it is.  

Aqua Anjel

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:32 am
Aqua Anjel
I personally can't relate to the n00b acting fans...at my school everyone is pretty mature about it. They have either read Twilight/NM/Ecplipse or they haven't. If they have, I like to talk about it and it's characters and stuff....

I first read Twilight back in August because I saw the book and it seemed pretty cool. Then the obsession started [I sound like and drug addict I know lol.]. Then I borrowed the other two from a friend and loved the series!

I like that it's getting popular. I only see the good in it! I mean, theirs a movie! I never saw that coming! I don't really care if people hate the series or act stupid about it. Either you understand it's beauty or you don't. If any idiots come around, I just tell them to shut up or ignore them. I feel like, if you are a true fan, you'll love the series regardless of it's poularity. The fake people who are going with the "trend" will fade away. Yeah, it was all "secret" and special in the begining, but popularity doesn't change how special it is.
i'm not going to stop liking it b/c it's getting popular
it just makes me angry
i hate how stupid people try to read.. mad  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:42 pm
xbookxwormx
Aqua Anjel

I like that it's getting popular. I only see the good in it! I mean, theirs a movie! I never saw that coming! I don't really care if people hate the series or act stupid about it. Either you understand it's beauty or you don't. If any idiots come around, I just tell them to shut up or ignore them. I feel like, if you are a true fan, you'll love the series regardless of it's poularity. The fake people who are going with the "trend" will fade away. Yeah, it was all "secret" and special in the begining, but popularity doesn't change how special it is.
it just makes me angry

Haha you sound like one of my friends there "I hate how stupid people try to read..."

For me I really don't care who reads it, who doesn't. All that matters is the writing you guys. If the writing was really crappy then we wouldn't be aving this disscussion. But her writing Rocks, so more people want to read it. At my school no one really reads so it doesn't matter if t's "in" or "Out".

Think of it this way. Would you rather have no one reading the book and her having no motive to write except she loves the characters

Or

Would you rather her love the characters and love how other people enjoy her writing?
I'm trying to get to the point that it really doesn't matter how popular it is. Just how it is written and how people take it.  

wildcat_7222

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm
xbookxwormx
Aqua Anjel

it just makes me angry

I didn't mean you in particular. I meant fans in general.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:23 pm
Aqua Anjel
xbookxwormx
Aqua Anjel

it just makes me angry

I didn't mean you in particular. I meant fans in general.
yeah..
maybe i don't have enough patience sweatdrop  

xbookxwormx

haine13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 am
it is becoming a bit to big and its bothering me but where i go to school the only people i know who read it arnt like omg im hotttt type people so its all good here but i hate how people are just now reading it when its been out so long. whyd they have to wait for it to be popular? agh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm
haine13
it is becoming a bit to big and its bothering me but where i go to school the only people i know who read it arnt like omg im hotttt type people so its all good here but i hate how people are just now reading it when its been out so long. whyd they have to wait for it to be popular? agh
exactly! mad  

xbookxwormx

PantherDemon81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 pm
i don't think its becoming too popular, because i love talking about it w/ all my friends, but i don't really like how the movie is going to mess up everything.
now, everyone who hasn't read the book will only relate to the movie... sad  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces