Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
They think twilight and the series is Satanic! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight and the series; Satanic?
  wtf...nop!
  ill go satanic for edward *lol not my point*
  "i worship thy vampires"
View Results

silver nymph

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:23 pm
Bah! Your teacher's just plain ignorant. I take religion too, but gladly, my teacher's really open-minded.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:33 pm
xbookxwormx
ugh
it's only bad if a person takes it as something bad and tries actually being a vampire..
if you just read it simply for the fact that you like the story, then it shouldn't be bad
and i'm unlucky too b/c i'm catholic and my dumb mother makes me go to religion class
(little does she know that i'm sexually active and i'm bi)

oh my carlisle i smell controversia!!
shell still love ya, shes your motha' shes supposed to  

mascaracachimba

mascaracachimba

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:34 pm
-NolaGirlAtHeart-
OH GET THIS!

The person that turned me onto this series.
One day, I walked up to her and asked her about something in the book..

You know what she said?
"I burned the books"
She is a major jesus freak
and thinks it is Satonic.

WTF is going on with these people? >.>

omc
im gonna cry
she did that to bookz! i cant imagine what shell do to an athiest or some one satanic
..taht was stupid though  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm
Will you hit me if I say DUUUUHHHHH?
Everyone's always saying that. They said that about Harry Potter. What I don't get is why they think a mormon would be writing about satanic ideas...

bushy_haired_freak

Kaizoku-sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:05 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if someone in my church tried to tell me that Twilight was satanic. After all, they already say Harry Potter is bad, and I even had one person tell me Final Fantasy games were demonic. WHAT?! Seriously, let's be reasonable here.

Of course, this would not stop me from reading the books.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm
My answer to that is:
I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT FOO'.  

LiM3 TAFFY

heartache in stereo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:06 pm
I take Religion too, since I go to a Catholic school also.

/:

I believe in God and Jesus and all that good stuff.

I don't think it's "satanic" or anything. For example, Calisle was Anglican, which is a form of Christianity.
And heck, there's a freaking bible quote in the beginning of Twilight.

but my Religion teacher is basically cool with everything. He even reads Harry Potter and discusses it with my best friend sometimes.
also, he discussed with my class that there was honestly nothing wrong with The Golden Compass and he was going to watch the movie.
Plus, he was studying to be a priest and took a bunch of these philosophy classes, so that's a major LOL rite thurr.

but I think my mom is the one who's all thinking that the book's so "demonic"

oh &, I read The Golden Compass at a catholic summer school class I took like a 2 years before the movie came out, and the teacher was perfectly fine with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 am
What the heck??Twilights not satanic!!I mean, sure, it has vampires, but should they be trying to do away with one of the few vampire books that actually has GOOD vampires? Those teachers, and anyone who tries to discredit a good book without even reading it should just screw off and stay in their own sad little bubbles!!  

Ori-ramikade

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:50 pm
WTF!?!?!?!? I find that incredibly ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with reading a book like golden compass or twilight as long as you do not et it totally rule your life, worship the characters, y'know, stuff like that.
Anything saying that stephanie meyer is trying to control us with subiminal messages is pure crap.
There is practically no way, i repeat, no effing way miss meyer is trying to control us.
That teacher of yours seriously needs to get out more and loosen up. He'll live longer.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:37 pm
Bella Cullen7676
it's an awsome book...sure it has vampires and werewolves but it's not like it's telling us to worship anything stupid!!!

I know...
My parents say that I should stay away from anything magical and fantasy-ish all the time and I keep telling them I don't and I won't worship it...  

Tricky Little Vampire

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:40 pm
The Unicorn Fairy
I take Religion too, since I go to a Catholic school also.

/:

I believe in God and Jesus and all that good stuff.

I don't think it's "satanic" or anything. For example, Calisle was Anglican, which is a form of Christianity.
And heck, there's a freaking bible quote in the beginning of Twilight.

but my Religion teacher is basically cool with everything. He even reads Harry Potter and discusses it with my best friend sometimes.
also, he discussed with my class that there was honestly nothing wrong with The Golden Compass and he was going to watch the movie.
Plus, he was studying to be a priest and took a bunch of these philosophy classes, so that's a major LOL rite thurr.

but I think my mom is the one who's all thinking that the book's so "demonic"

oh &, I read The Golden Compass at a catholic summer school class I took like a 2 years before the movie came out, and the teacher was perfectly fine with it.

lucky...I just wish everyone around me would stop trying to get fantasy out of my life...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:17 pm
it probably is *grins evilly*  

Electric Snowball

GoodbyexANDxSorry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:59 pm
If there are any messages like that, I've never read them. If you actually believe in vampires, your in some kind of cult, think you are one and go bite people, that may be satanic, but Stephenie is not saying ANYTHING like that. Not at all. There is nothing wrong with this book.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 am
Has he ever heard of Free Will?
Jeez. sad
That would make me so mad =/
I take religion because it's mandatory at my school but no-one is religious...
The religious teacher is athiest xd
and my mum lets me read what I want
I'm so happy for this o.o
My heart goes out to those who have trouble even reading what they choose sad

Rainbow Keekee

Atlacamani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:13 am
People have told me the same thing.
The Twilight series, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, Neopets(I used to roleplay there waaaay back), the music I listen to, they all say its "Satanic".
So I quit my church and became an Atheist.
Haha.
Haha.
Ha.
stare  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items