Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
What is your favorite book/book series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guess Otulissa's favorite book series!
  Artemis Fowl
  Guardians of Ga'hoole
  The Inheritance Trilogy
  The Silverwing Saga
  The City of Ember series
  Harry Potter
  She doesn't have one!
  She hates to read! (me: 0_0)
View Results

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:31 pm
Well they do mention her super long hair a couple of times.
xD

But I've never read/looked at that.
I always pictured him as a brunette/redhead. hahahhaa.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:08 am
Oh, I pictured him constantly wearing a tuxedo. XD He's cute that way! LOL... Yeah, I love the part when Arty is all, "Uh...I feel like a walking billboard!" when he had to dress in 'normal teen fashion.' Hehe, I agree! I hate those stupid store logos...

Oh, you mean Juliet, Eikre? I imagined Juliet with long hair too! Tied back in a messy half-bun. XD;;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:03 pm
lol, I completely ignored that character. But Holy Short is way different then I pictured. I kind of pictured her a little chubby.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm
Chubby? Really? XD I pictured her hair a bit messier. XD;; Not so perfectly smooth and straight-cut. I pictured her with short, layered-out hair.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 am
Me too. But still, everybody who where's jumpsuits I assume is a lil' chubby. (Don't ask.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:11 pm
I won't ask. XD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:00 pm
Ack! Minja's (Yes, Midget Ninja's.) Are raiding the Earth!

(Sorry 'bout the randomness.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:10 am
Minjas?! eek sweatdrop  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Yes.Minja's. they throw the shuriken, jump on it, then kick you when you get hit be the shuriken.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 am

What's your favorite manga series?
Hm... That would have to be... Well, I would have chosen Death Note, but once I got half-way through, I hated it... crying But I think I would either choose Naruto, Fruits Basket, or Bring It On! biggrin I tried to read Fullmetal Alchemist, but it's too different from the anime for me to like. I fell in love with the previews of Fullmetal Alchemist, when they showed them before it ever came out. Now that I've seen all 51 episodes [ heart ], I don't think I could read the manga. I'mma watch the movie soon, though! heart
Your favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read?
I've only ever seen one book-based movie that I thought was as good as the book. And that was the movie "Speak." It was remarkably like the book. biggrin
Your least favorite book/book series?
Hm... Least favorite book would have to be... Brave New World. It was incredibly interesting, but I had hoped for a slightly better ending. D:
Your favorite author?
See, now this is a tough one. I would have to choose between many, you see. But among them include Terry Goodkind, Eoin Colfer, Patricia A. McKillip, Jonathan Stroud, [E. E. Knight is getting there], Darren Shan, [Christopher Paolini is also getting there... By the time I finish Brisingr, he'll probably be one of my absolute favorites], Dean Koontz is pretty decent, and then Jane Yolen. biggrin Long list, I know.

Okay, yeah, I saw the old posts about Eragon, I dunno if anyone answered them yet, but Eragon was meant to be a trilogy of course, but Paolini thought the third book would have been too long [double the size of the first two], so he chopped it in half. And there actually are
four dragons. Saphira, Glaedr, Thorn, and the unhatched egg. [Highlight that last bit to see the spoiler]. So the number of books makes sense. Also, I'm not complaining about the number of books. I'll probably be completely hooked by the time Brisingr comes out in September. biggrin The more books the merrier! biggrin

Also... Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak saga is becoming a movie as well. crying I would be happy, since it was a great series, but I don't like the actors they picked. Especially for Mr. Crepsley. crying

Is it just me, or are the movies coming out not that great? I mean, they are, but so many of them are now based on comic books, old TV series, books, etc. [I mean, look at Transformers, Speed Racer, Iron Man, The Hulk...]

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:48 am
Furyal
Yes.Minja's. they throw the shuriken, jump on it, then kick you when you get hit be the shuriken.

And they hate to be picked up. If you do, they'll tear off your arms and beat you to death with them. D: I've seen this happen, and let me tell you, it is NOT fun. I've actually often heard the victims yell, as they get beaten to death with their own arms, "This is not fun, this is not fun, this is NOT fun."

biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Minjas! YAY!

And Fullmetal Alchemist ROCKS! The anime, anyways. XD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:13 pm
Otulissa
Minjas! YAY!

And Fullmetal Alchemist ROCKS! The anime, anyways. XD

That it does. Have you seen all the episodes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm
Ah! Someone who actually watches Ask a Ninja!  

Furyal

•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces