Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
The Ruins of Serathlia [Intermediate/Beginner Fantasy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a poll-whore looking for money?
  Why....yes I am!
  Nu-uh!
View Results

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 am
Fayette continued walking, and then they soon approached the gates of the town. The guards saw them come toward the front gates of the town, and the guards each raised a hand in greeting. Fayette wasn't sure what to do, so she looked to Rinor. Rinor told Eikre to raise his primary hand, and then, Fayette slowed down her walking, looking at Eikre expectantly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:12 am
"Eikre raise your primary hand."

Feeling a slight dreading feeling, he raised his left hand. Then caught the guard's welcoming gestured, and smiled. "Greetings," he answered back verbally, hand still far away from his weapon hilts, "We are a group of weary travelers, and we were kind of hoping that we could find hot food, and shelter for the night."

He turned his head to Lan, so he could quietly say, "Will that answer your question?"  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:32 am
Fayette smiled with great charm at the town's guards. She decided to raise her primary hand in greeting too, and she nodded after Eikre gave his explanation about them being weary travelers and such. She liked how he put it so simply, but how it explained so much, and so truthfully. It was a good way to explain their presence at this town. "Yes, we are just passing through," she said with a slight, sweet lilt to her voice. Her mood had definitely lightened and brightened up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:33 am
Rinor continued watching the guards as they drew closer to the gate, each guard nodded and one stepped forward, as though to say something, though as soon as he caught sight of Rinor he stepped back. Then another said. "There are two inns in this town, both hold reasonable prices, but I see in you," He pointed to Eikre. "the makings of a bard, play for us and we'll allow you and your friends to stay in our quaters."

Rinor realized she was death gripping her kodachi hilt so she released it and put both of her hands in her pockets. 'Who knew bards could be so useful? Maybe I should take up barding, hmm a ninja that plays for food and housing, interesting.' She mused in her thoughts.

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 pm
"The makings of a bard, play for us and we'll allow you and your friends to stay in our quarters."

Only the makings of? Damn, does that mean I'm not trying hard enough? Eikre thought to himself. "Assuming you're going to give us beds and not just flour sacks," he said aloud to the guards, "I think we'll take that offer...as long as it's alright with the rest of my companions." he turned and asked his group, "So...it's up to you gals. Think we can brave a night in a guard house, or would you rather trusty old inns?"

[ooc]Short Post is Short.[/ooc]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:35 pm
'The guard chuckled a little. "Beds of course." He smiled as he waited for the verdict.

Rinor tilted her head back and thought it over. 'Guard houses probably have training rooms, that's a nice place to burn off energy and train. Beds are a plus, and it's free. Though she did see a possible problem.' "I'm all for it." The ninja said, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the gate. She closed her eyes and started to ponder more. 'I wonder if Eikre realizes that he could end up playing the whole night, probably not but I may be surprized.' Once again a ghost of a small smile set its self upon her face as her thoughts wondered further.

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:31 pm
Lan shook her head no when he asked her if it answered her question, he hadn't specified where they were staying. But then the guards went and answered the question when they offered the group a place to stay for the night. Lan was absolutely up to it.

"Sounds good to me," she agreed, inclining her head. What she really wanted was to test her skills against barracks full of guards. Not steal anything, because that would be incredibly stupid, but to practice sneaking around. Maybe get a little bit of the local gossip as well. All in all, it would be a sucessful night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:29 am
Fayette nodded, and said, "I am quite versatile. I don't really mind where we stay for the night." She thought the guard houses would be a nice, free place to stay. She hoped she could get a hold of some bows and arrows, or daggers, and other weapons so she could practice a bit. Since she only carried around her long sword with her constantly, she still needed to practice with other weapons once in a while to make sure she kept her rounded skills with various weapons.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 pm
"They seem to agree, so we'll take your offer." Eikre said, smiling as he removed his lute from his traveling pack. Taking a few seconds to tune the lute, he asked the guards, "Is there anywhere in particular you wanted me to preform? I assume I'll be playing for more than just you two."

Moving his fingers lightly and expertly over the strings, Eikre warmed up on a few easy songs, just to get his fingers used to plucking the strings again. Feeling confident, he winked, and said, "Just say when, and I'll start."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:53 pm
The guard turned and climbed down a latter. "First I'll show you where you will be staying." He started to walk, beckoning them to follow. They walked straight for a minute before taking an abrubt left turn, then they turned right into an alley, turned right into a slightly larger alley, then started to weave into alleys and streets so randomly Rinor couldn't keep track, before they reached an empty street that lead to a grand building, a few armoured guards seemed to be heading away from the building to diffrent posts in the town that really seemed like a city.

The guard pointed to the grand building. "That's our house." He quickly started toward it, pushing open the large oak door.

Inside the musk of sweat, oil, armor, meat and expensive ale all mixed together in a surprizingly pleasent sent. A long corridor with five outlets on each side, each leading to a smaller hallway, at the head of the corridor there was a large statue of a lightly armoured soldier holding a dagger. Sounds of metal clashing, loud chattering, and yelling filled the place.

The guard pointed down the first two hallways. "These lead to armoury and the sparring room, the next six hallways all lead to the living quaters and the last two are the kitchens and mess hall."

He lead them down third hallway on the right, which had one door at the end of it, which opened on a set of winding stairs that had doors that led to rooms that had a bed, a small washbasin and an endtable by the bed. Each one of the party got there own room.

After everyone had settled into their rooms the guard went to Eikre's and informed him that he would play in an our or so, in the courtyard.

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 am
Fayette followed the guard, and soon, the party of adventurers made it to the guard house. It was large, but very loud. Fayette didn't mind the noise, though. Fayette climbed the set of winding, wooden stairs to reach the top hallway - and a handful of rooms. She wasn't picky; she just chose the room closest to her, on her right. Walking through the already-open, door, she scanned the room. It was pretty nice - there was a simple, but comfortable-looking bed, a small, but clean, washbasin, and a quaint, little endtable beside the bed. The bed had a headboard, a soft mattress, and a fluffy pillow, along with fuzzy blankets. The ceiling was low, and there were two windows, lying side-by-side along a plain, white-painted wall.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 am
After being led to their suite of rooms, and being told that he was to be playing in the courtyard in an hour, Eikre set his lute down on his borrowed bed and set his pack down on the floor next to it. Rolling his shoulders to get all of the soreness and stiffness out that he didn't really notice he had with the pack on, he felt just a bit lighter on his feet.

Trying to figure out what to do in the meantime, Eikre called the girls all over. Looking at them all, he shrugged and explained, "It's a fairly large town, from what I've heard. Not city big, but you should be able to find plenty to do. That being said, at least stick together in groups. I wouldn't trust this city to be completely devoid of crazed pick-pockets. I don't rightly care what the groups are, just make them 'groups'" He then paused for the instructions to set in. "Any questions, concerns, queries, or anything that else that begins with a 'q'?"  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:38 am
Rinor quickly claimed the room two doors after Fayette's, she sighed as she looked over it, the bed was in excelent condition, the end table was big enough to suit her needs and there was a enough floor space for her to do her nightly routine. There was one window and a torch on the far wall from the bed. She pulled her pack off and set on the end table, rolling her shoulders and streaching.

When Eikre called them into his room, she listened to what he had to say and nodded, she tried to think of anything she needed to buy and realized that she didn't have a emgerancy kit. "Anyone want to come with me to the market?" She asked as she headed toward the door.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 pm
Lan took the last open room. Idly, as she paced about, she wondered who was bunking up for them to have a place to stay. She looked around again. Nevermind, this is way too nice to be any type of room besides a commanders room, or a guest room. She quickly set about setting up various traps that would tell her if anyone entered her room without her knowledge. She blocked the shutters with small pebble, that if anyone tried to enter that way, would fall to the floor. Then she removed a sliver of wood and after checking she had her essentials, she closed it in the door and broke off the end, tucking it into a pocket. If it wasn't jammed in the door when she got back, she knew someone had been in there. Yes she was paranoid, but she didn't trust the guards as far as she could throw them.

She arrived in Eikre's room and ignored the talk of pick pockets. Anyone trying to pick her pockets would learn a nasty lesson, not to mention she was one when money ran low. She shook her head no at Eikre, then considered going to market with Rin. It would be useful to get the lay of the land... or she could stay and get to know the guards.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:44 am
Fayette was too cautious to leave any of her belongings in her room; you could never know who might steal your stuff when you are not nearby. So, Fayette carried everything with her; it wasn't as if she had a ton of stuff.

When Eikre called the girls into his room, Fayette obeyed quietly. Fayette knew all about pick-pockets; she had seen them pick-pocket people many times before. But, no one tried to pick-pocket her before...probably because of her ripped-up clothing. Her appearance made it seem as if she were poor, if not low-class. Maybe wearing ripped-up outfits could help her out, after all. And even if some desperate, pathetic person attempted to steal from Fayette, they would get pretty beat up.

Fayette wondered what 'group' she should go with. She didn't mind if she was wandering about alone, but Eikre was the 'leader,' and he probably knew what he was doing.  
--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff