Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm
MortSanglant
This discussion is become way too circuitous for me to want to bother with anymore.
I'm finishing my stay in this thread with the main points that I'm holding to:

1. The bus driver should have asked them initially to remove the lead, and if they refused then make them leave.

2. These adults should have had the common sense to not parade something so blatantly sexual in areas that cater to the general public. Even though they claim it's a display of their trust, it's taken by everyone else as something sexual. It's something most people look down upon, and the couple even stated that they were used to being stared at and having comments directed at them. Regarding the blatant sex seen all over the media, these are things that can be avoided if one so chooses. When people behave in overtly sexual manners or promote overtly sexual ideas in public, those people are basically throwing it out there for everyone to see - those who want to see, don't care to see, or would much rather not see. It's more unavoidable that way.

3. Point number two being said, this isn't about whether they have the right to demonstrate their trust in the manner in question. It's about the bus driver wanting to keep the passengers safe. Public transits are equipped with handles for people to stand on, if they so choose. If there isn't enough room to sit and they don't want to stand, they can wait for the next bus or find another method of getting where they're meaning to go. It's at your own risk. It's like saying pools shouldn't have a shallow end because people have broken their necks diving in. The lead posed a plausible threat in the event that the driver needed to brake sharply. Say, for instance, the driver let them on, no questions asked about the lead. And then something caused the bus driver to need to make a sudden stop - i.e. a child running into the street, what have you - and Miss Maltby was thrown forward causing the collar to crush her voice box. Then we'd have the couple suing the company for Miss Maltby's now inability to speak. It's a valid danger that was avoided by the driver asking them to get off the bus [see point 1].

Final point, the driver did the right thing over all. The couple will get over it. And if they have a large enough problem with it, they'll learn to take the lead off or leave it at home because the bus firm and the general public aren't going to change for one couple who have a ridiculously strange relationship.

I've said all I needed to say.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sentiment shared.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 pm
Great then I reserve the right to state my final points smile

1. There is NO way the driver should give a ********, as if they really seem to care about safty when if teh bus were to stop for oh..idk some weird reason, then everyone would go flying, especially the ones who have to stand.

2. No one ever said it had to be sexual. In fact, just becuase a teen or older may think "omg omg their having sex!" by no means, means taht a child will. And no one looks down upon sex anymore, it's one of the most public things in this generation you will find..get real. They're dressed in all black, maybe thee comments did have something to do with them being goth, many people get comments for teh way tehy dress HELLO! And yes sex in the media, it's all over, when you walk out your front door. In order to get away from it, or get children away from it, they have to be totally sheltered..again get real.

3. FOR THE LAST TIME the driver doesn't care about safty, PTS never care, I knwo many people who have driven public buses, it's not their job to keep the people safe, in fact their only job is to get the people to their destination. It's always been a ride at your own risk service. Here they do NOT have handles for the passengers, just seats. when people stand they are holding onto teh back of teh seats....hmm at your own risk..you say that, yet you laso say the driver has to keep them safe? a bit hypocritical don't you think? And standing when teh driver brakes like taht doesn't hurt the passangers? And if it is ride at your own risk then you cannot sue for getting hurt! Even if you do the judge will dismiss the case, or they'll just plain lose it.

Finally, the driver had no right to do so if teh couple knew it was at the own risk let them ride teh damn bus. They never should have to take teh lead off, if thats what they want to do damnit they'll do it. They may never take teh lead off, if tehy don't want to they shouldn;t have to.

Now I have gotten it out of my system. Thanks for your time. smile  

Nikki the Juggalette

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm
MortSanglant
This discussion is become way too circuitous for me to want to bother with anymore.

1. The bus driver should have asked them initially to remove the lead, and if they refused then make them leave.

2. These adults should have had the common sense to not parade something so blatantly sexual in areas that cater to the general public. Even though they claim it's a display of their trust, it's taken by everyone else as something sexual. It's something most people look down upon, and the couple even stated that they were used to being stared at and having comments directed at them. Regarding the blatant sex seen all over the media, these are things that can be avoided if one so chooses. When people behave in overtly sexual manners or promote overtly sexual ideas in public, those people are basically throwing it out there for everyone to see - those who want to see, don't care to see, or would much rather not see. It's more unavoidable that way.

3. Point number two being said, this isn't about whether they have the right to demonstrate their trust in the manner in question. It's about the bus driver wanting to keep the passengers safe. Public transits are equipped with handles for people to stand on, if they so choose. If there isn't enough room to sit and they don't want to stand, they can wait for the next bus or find another method of getting where they're meaning to go. It's at your own risk. It's like saying pools shouldn't have a shallow end because people have broken their necks diving in. The lead posed a plausible threat in the event that the driver needed to brake sharply. Say, for instance, the driver let them on, no questions asked about the lead. And then something caused the bus driver to need to make a sudden stop - i.e. a child running into the street, what have you - and Miss Maltby was thrown forward causing the collar to crush her voice box. Then we'd have the couple suing the company for Miss Maltby's now inability to speak. It's a valid danger that was avoided by the driver asking them to get off the bus [see point 1].

Final point, the driver did the right thing over all. The couple will get over it. And if they have a large enough problem with it, they'll learn to take the lead off or leave it at home because the bus firm and the general public aren't going to change for one couple who have a ridiculously strange relationship.

qiut changing your bloody pionts is this about safty, or the "affect on little childern!! Which one you are arguing!!! scream I've stated my pionts too much already they been said. Next time we meet just keep on the bloody same topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:16 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
MortSanglant

qiut changing your bloody pionts is this about safty, or the "affect on little childern!! Which one you are arguing!!! scream I've stated my pionts too much already they been said. Next time we meet just keep on the bloody same topic.
She's arguing both, but the children thing isn't her main point.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 pm
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
MortSanglant

shes argueing about it a bit more  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
MortSanglant

2 pages ago yah...So she has a strong opinion. So what?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:55 pm
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
MortSanglant

nothing we just wasnt done with the first one, and she switches. Nothing wrong with a strong opion, your talking to someone who got in fight over a god damn chair in the cafetria.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
MortSanglant

nothing we just wasnt done with the first one, and she switches. Nothing wrong with a strong opion, your talking to someone who got in fight over a god damn chair in the cafetria.
Oh I see...her switchin' up on you is the problem. Guess that'd be frustrating for me too, it's like someone trying to weasel their way out of an argument (no offense Mort) Oh, and you're talking to someone who got in a fight over a lightbulb. xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:07 pm
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX

Oh I see...her switchin' up on you is the problem. Guess that'd be frustrating for me too, it's like someone trying to weasel their way out of an argument (no offense Mort) Oh, and you're talking to someone who got in a fight over a lightbulb. xd
exactly and beat this one i got in a fight over a 2.5 wieght in science class and got suspended. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 am
He thought of his fiancee like a pet? sweatdrop  

Bloody Ocean Romantic

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX

exactly and beat this one i got in a fight over a 2.5 wieght in science class and got suspended. rofl
I don't think I can top that. I have many things to tell about, but nothing that stupid. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:27 am
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX

I don't think I can top that. I have many things to tell about, but nothing that stupid. xd
*put hand over his heart like hes been shot* ah n0w that hurt it was a mattter of pride it was.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:10 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX

*put hand over his heart like hes been shot* ah n0w that hurt it was a mattter of pride it was.
Oh sorry man. I ment ridiculous actually. As for stupid as in idiodic, I think I top just about everyone I know...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:36 pm
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Oh sorry man. I ment ridiculous actually. As for stupid as in idiodic, I think I top just about everyone I know...
Oh no, I still take the grand prize.  

Rellik San
Crew

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 am
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Hunter of the Dammed
XWraith_LordX
Oh no, I still take the grand prize.
fine lets hear it  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas