Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Introduce Yourselves - Vol. II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's so nice to meet you:
  introduce myself
  i like my privacy
View Results

Foveri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 am
NAME: Amy, but either known as Phobia or Phobia-Glance online

ABOUT ME: Just go and see my profile! xd

PETS: 1 cat Gemini (who's true to her name!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am mainly an artist and a writer, though for quite some time I have been uninspired to created much of anything.

CURRENT PATH: eclectic Wicca

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I have been interested pretty much all my life, even when I was exploring different religions. Christianity was never fulfilling, and so far, ,Wicca is the best choice for me! I've been trying to study it for about five years now.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I am seeking guidance so that I may become a prietess later on in life. I don't learn so well from books, because I have to see it in order to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 am
um...hi....
NAME: GoddessAmaya (also go by J-chan and Tsukiko) my real name is Jordan
ABOUT ME: I am the eldest of two daughter and live in a strict Chrisitian home(I am sufficating...), I love Greek and Egyptian gods, I love animals(espcieally cats and dogs), I feel at peace near water and anything with Earth involved, Im a Virgo and a Chinese Water Monkey, and a PROUD BI-SEXUAL!!!!!
PETS: I wish...
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, dancing, singing, acting, star-watching, dreaming, and a proud poet/writer(fantasy and fiction mainly)
CURRENT PATH: Wiccan but I have yet to discover what type I am
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: been wiccan for 2 1/2 years, studied for 3 years
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:im very shy and have low self-esteem so please bear with me...I wish to find a coven to call my own or at least a mentor. Plus I dont have that many wiccan friends so Im here to make friends biggrin  

GoddessAmaya

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 pm
NAME: Jenn
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Arts, reading, music.
CURRENT PATH: Eclectic neo-paganism with a strong fusion of Neo-Wicca.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Interested since I was about ten, began seriously studying last June.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm
hi my name is queen-alfawolf-23 also as angel baby

name: angel gonzales
hobbies/interests: art, reading, music, talking to other people, and nature.
current path: pagan&wicca but not discovered what type
how long have you been studying/interest: have been thinking about it for 3 years sense i meet my boyfriend and was even thinking about it before i meet him.
anything else you want to share: i love meeting new people and i really like tinker bell  

queen-alfawolf-23

xXemo-princess666Xx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 pm
NAME: Jessica

ABOUT ME: I'm bi, i have a beautiful girlfriend heart heart heart heart who've I've been with for almost 8 months, im an aquarius, 3nodding i'm pretty smart, i get highest honors (straight A's all year)in my school and theres only about 10 other people that do, im vice prez. of GSA (gay-straight alliance) at my skool too, i can beat teh sh*t outta yew, im random mrgreen , i love rainbows n pentacles, i write poetry and sum spells, like to doodle (specially in skool <<), i speak a littl spanish, mad <---this smiley looks asian to me and not mad, i love tacos, i love writing and music, I'm taking graphics n i loooooove it, I'm hoping to go to an art skool, i hav bipolar depression (plz dnt piss me off T.T), i lik kinky stuff, n yea......wna tlk, pm me or sumthin cuz thers no link to comment on my profile......

PETS: a cute lil black cat w/ yellow eyes named Shadow^^

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: guess i kinda answered tht already....but photography too. i love doing that, and want to make it a career as well as graphics. sadly i dont hav any of my pictures up at the moment on gaia....maybe ill add them to my profile sumtime, or the arena.....

CURRENT PATH: wiccan, but i have a lot of beliefs about afterlife that aren't entirely wiccan. guess im a lil confused......

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: since i was in about 1st grade/2ndgrade, ive been interested in witches n witchcraft, but i hadn't made it my religion til about 7th grade, n i punched a dude out for h8ing on it. currently, im interested in stuff like traditions, holidays, spells that dont require having a bunch of random stuff that i'd never be able to find or buy, meditation, sniffing incense xD, praying......mostly i just pray cuz i dont hav a lot of free time to do anything cuzza skool, n .....other stuff that i dont want 2 tlk about,.......i guess im interested in a lot of stuff, but that's all i can think of at the moment.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:
im kinky n i love vampires!!!!...haha. random but true......um, as u can see, i use a lot of dots instead of making a new sentence....habit....i can basically psycho analyze anyone.....its easy for me. i hav ESP (lik a sixth sense) and a few types of it. its rly cool, u mite wanna read about it. uh, the book that started me off with witchcraft that i thought was really good too was Elements of Witchcraft: Natural Magick for Teens by Ellen Dugan. I loved it so much i read it 3 times xD.........O! Ellen Hopkins is one of my favorit authors, but that has nothing to do with witchcraft ^^. i guess im kinda working on finding myself.......ever since i got a gf, my lifes kinda flipped from pretending to be sum1 im not and being perfect, to being myself, so im on a "soul search" ya no? i like paranormal things. ive talked to spitits b4.....almost crapped myself.....xD and uh...i love music...lik i said b4.. so here....

Favorite Bands(not in any order):
Boys Like Girls
Linkin' Park (currently #1 this week)
Avril Lavigne
Leona Lewis
P!nk
My Chemical Romance
Papa Roach
Disturbed
Rob Zombie
Basshunter
Alanis Morissette
Simple Plan
and a bunch of 80s music

guess i like alternative, emo, rock, metal n punk the most.......but it rly depends on the song. i listen to about EVERY genre. evn jazz n classical sumtimes xD if u want me to listen to a song u think is awesome tell me! i wanna no wut people evrywher else like.....

Here's my playlists:
http://view.playlist.com/user/13325129

and i like to talk obviously......... mrgreen razz blaugh 3nodding biggrin xd and use smileys

i love my gf!!!! heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:06 pm
NAME: Anna

ABOUT ME: yeah...iiiii...dont know...

PETS: 3 fish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: music, art, vikings, collecting things(dolls, rosaries, bottles, energy drinks), bass guitar, reading, piercings

CURRENT PATH: Wicca & Paganism

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I guess i've actually been interested for a few years but only really approached it in the last couple of months.

I LOVE FOLK METAL!..... AND VIKINGS!....AND PURPLE!....and the feel of wet shoes...

LadyLivorMortis

DrusillaVampire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:55 pm
too2sweet
User Image

Welcome to Midnight Moon, we have created this thread so that we can all get to know each other a little better. Post whatever information you feel comfortable with sharing, you can use the following as a guideline (just copy and paste it in your post):

[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]AGE:[/b]
[b]LOCATION:[/b]
[b]ABOUT ME:[/b]
[b]PETS:[/b]
[b]HOBBIES/INTERESTS:[/b]
[b]CURRENT PATH:[/b]
[b]HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:[/b]
[b]ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:[/b]

NOTE: Even if you already introduced yourself in the old thread we would greatly appreciate it if you could do so again here in the new thread. It will also help us get a clearer picture of who our current/active members are.

Also...if you want a gifty for your birthday be sure to post your b-day in our Birthday Thread.

Thanks!

Link to Introduce Yourselves Vol. I

IM Drue im 17 and i live in colorado.
Im kinda crazy i like hanging and watching tv shows. Im ready to start college in January. I have one dog named lacy but i like cats.
my hobbies just hsnging out im so down to earth.
my goal is learning as much about wicca as i can,
ive been studding for the last three years.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:53 am
NAME: DeadDino
ABOUT ME: I never really know how to fill in these"About Me" things so I'll just say that I'm a Bisexual Wiccan Democrat.
PETS: Dog- Sox ... Cat- Zoe
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Magick, meditation, tarot, reading, listening to music, politics, wiring poetry and stories... and just livin baby! blaugh
CURRENT PATH: Wicca
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Been Pagan for almost 2 years and basically just did a title change to Wicca about 4 months ago when I relized that I was pretty much Wiccan all along.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I am so opinionated that I once changed some of the definitions in my dictionary.

DeadDino

QueenAnnanova

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 am
NAME: Jenn, but everyone calls me wicked
ABOUT ME:Well I have been a Pagan my whole life I love the craft and it is my world. However I have been studying outside of my family for 10 years. I love drawing and art. I am married to the love of my life. I also love anything gypsy I come from a gypsy linage.
PETS: I have 4 living cats zeplin, shadow, socks, sabrina.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love the craft, i love art and i also love doind divination.
CURRENT PATH: Looking. More druidism.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:23 around it, 10 studying it for myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:17 pm
NAME: Keera, most Gaians call me Dreamy though

ABOUT ME: Now... What to say. I try to be a kind person, and I try to keep my thoughts positive. That would be one thing that led me to the path I am now following. I have always lived by the three fold law, and I never really noticed. I believe strongly in karma. I love the color green, yet I think my favorite element is wind...

PETS: One cat that I call Cade
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, learning
CURRENT PATH: Ecectic Pagan, Wiccan, white magic

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I have been interested for a long time atually, but I have never trusted learning from a book. I only recently began to dedicate myself to studying when I found a Coven that was willing to teach me, and when I am more knowlegable they will accept me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I look forward to learning more from this guild, and perhaps I can share knowlege as well. I look forward to talking with all of you ^.^ And thank you kindly for accepting me.  

OX--Hopeless-Dreamer--XO

rachel_7113

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:16 pm
NAME:I know this one. . . Uhh Rachel?
ABOUT ME:I'm blonde, bubbly, and awesome!
I'm a taurus and amazing. I'm short and adorable, but very blut and violent. Don't forget HYPER!!
PETS:One doggie!
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Music, Dancing in the moonlight, Learning new things, Hitting people, Hitting on people, Singing in the shower, Skipping over meadows and on rainbows!
CURRENT PATH:Pagan in training?
I still need to learn.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:About two years.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:Love me, or I'll kill you dead.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:27 pm
NAME: Lisa. (Or, on Gaia, Mirenithil, my account name. I have never used a magical name.)

ABOUT ME: I am primarily in pursuit of Ultimate Reality/Truth. A lot of my practice is based on what is most easily explained in the allegory of the blind men and the elephant. The following poem adapts the ancient story from India.
John Godfrey Saxe

It was six men of Indostan, to learning much inclined,
who went to see the elephant (Though all of them were blind),
that each by observation, might satisfy his mind.

The first approached the elephant, and, happening to fall,
against his broad and sturdy side, at once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the elephant, is nothing but a wall!"

The second feeling of the tusk, cried: "Ho! what have we here,
so very round and smooth and sharp? To me tis mighty clear,
this wonder of an elephant, is very like a spear!"

The third approached the animal, and, happening to take,
the squirming trunk within his hands, "I see," quoth he,
the elephant is very like a snake!"

The fourth reached out his eager hand, and felt about the knee:
"What most this wondrous beast is like, is mighty plain," quoth he;
"Tis clear enough the elephant is very like a tree."

The fifth, who chanced to touch the ear, Said; "E'en the blindest man
can tell what this resembles most; Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an elephant, is very like a fan!"

The sixth no sooner had begun, about the beast to grope,
than, seizing on the swinging tail, that fell within his scope,
"I see," quothe he, "the elephant is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan, disputed loud and long,
each in his own opinion, exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right, and all were in the wrong!

So, oft in theologic wars, the disputants, I ween,
tread on in utter ignorance, of what each other mean,
and prate about the elephant, not one of them has seen!

John Godfrey Saxe (1816 - 1887)

I believe that every religion and tradition out there has experienced a smaller or larger piece of the elephant at some point, as obscured as that may have become in layers of dogma and ritual law or what have you.

There are many out there who stridently assert that one -cannot- borrow/use any elements of other spiritual traditions other than one's own, most especially if that spiritual tradition belongs to a different ethnic group than one's own ancestors belonged to.

According to people who believe this way, every element of every spiritual tradition is inseperable from its context, and therefore one should choose one specific spiritual path and stick with it exclusively. I half agree and half disagree with this approach, because while I agree there are many things that -do- require cultural immersion and a long-term experience in a specific spiritual tradition to fully grasp, there are other things that are emphatically not. I find this view excessively black/white, excessively either/or.

Personally, I prefer to encounter as many different parts of the elephant as possible to get as broad a view as possible of it.

It makes the fact that I have integrated practices from varying Native American tribes into my own ways exceedingly politically incorrect, but the fact is that I don't give a damn if I am tarred with that brush. Those tribes' ways of percieving the elephant resonate for me and are the most effective and easiest ways for me, so they are what I do. I do not claim to be Native American and never have, and these practices mingle well with the Pagan and Buddhist practices that form the rest of my path.

PETS: None currently because I'm in an apartment that doesn't allow pets, but I've had cats before and I fully intend to get two again the moment I'm in a place where I -can- have pets. Cats are wonderful companion creatures for the magically inclined, because being more sensitive than (most) humans, they can pick up on bad juju and junk in the air before humans can. They're a feline early warning system!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

- Studying varous subjects that interest me. These come and go; at the moment, I've been reading a lot of books on chess, of all things.

- Collecting various types of children's toys; the specific toy brands have changed somewhat over the years. Currently, sock monkeys, Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families, vintage stuffed animals with 'rubber'/vinyl faces from the 50s and 60s; some Barbie, some Bratz, some Cabbage Patch Kids, some My Little Pony. I also have a decent collection of video games and systems from the past twenty years.

CURRENT PATH:
There isn't a name for it, but it is an earth-centric politically incorrect amalgamation of Paganism, certain Native American practices from varying tribes, and Buddhism, all in the name of communion with Ultimate Reality.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:

I first discovered "Wicca" in 1994 at age 18; it was the first time I'd ever heard of it. I put "Wicca" in quotes because, of course, it wasn't real Wicca - but I didn't know. During the mid to late 90s, nearly anything you could learn about Wicca was books in ordinary bookstores (especially early on,) and at that time -that- meant books published by Llwellyn, a publishing house it took me maybe four or even more entire years to learn to avoid. They routinely published pretty much anything by anyone regardless of whether the author had any solid experience or had done any real reasearch. (Most of said authors, in the mid 90s at least, even all cited each other in a circular fashion as the source of their research. Perhaps Llewellyn has since gotten its act together and now publishes only reputable materials, but I'm wary of giving them any more of my money to find out...)

The first books on "Wicca" I had were volumes 1 and 2 of "Faerie Wicca" by Stepanich. I don't think I even heard the name Gerald Gardner for a year after that. The early internet wasn't much better, because nearly every single Wiccan homepage (think Angelfire and Geocities) all repeated information found in Llwellyn books, and they were invariably accompanied by the banner "Never Again The Burning Times." We were all solidly convinced we were practicing a secret ancient religion stretching back thousands of years. ... Oy.

I got much wiser in the intervening years. Once I discovered what real Gardnerian Wicca is, I realized it was not for me, and have called myself generic Pagan ever since. I have yet to encounter an inclusive spiritual trad, but I would very much like to find one.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I think this post is already frighteningly long enough. XD  

Mirenithil

9,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Deadly Nonchalance

Versatile Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:44 pm
NAME: Emily. on gaia i go by wolfy
ABOUT ME:I'm in high school
PETS:1 dog -Hunter
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Music, Anime, Manga, Jeeping, other assorted stuff
CURRENT PATH: Wanderer
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:all my life(15 years)
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:nope  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:14 pm
NAME: Shawn (and yes I am female)

ABOUT ME: I have been an Eclectic Pagan/Witch for 13 years, been a vegetarian for 14 years, a Vegan for 2 years in February, I work at lenscrafters as an apprentice optician

PETS: I have 1 dog (both rescues/to my second dog Betsy R.I.P 1/15/09) and 9 birds (4 female cockatiels, 2 male cockatiels, 1 female lovebird, 1 female bronze winged pionus, and 1 female Senegal, that we inherited when the petstore where she lived closed)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to learn, read, garden, be with friends, cook, bake, I used to write though I dont find the time much anymore, hmm and whatever I can try I will  

Caelestis28

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games