Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Just out of curiosity, if a new pride became well-populated, and wanted to get unique lines, how would they go about it? In that I mean, would you wait for a raffle for lines, or an auction, etc? If it's just a requesting thing, what would it cost? Basically any info on procuring custom lines for a pride would be wonderful.

Thanks so much!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:56 pm
To my knowledge, the only way to get unique lines is if an old pride with unique lines gets disbanded and they decide to raffle the lines off (like with the Prideland lines) I don't think you can request new lines because then dusty would have to find and commission someone to draw them and match the style of the existing line art but I might be wrong there.  

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:33 pm
This is my best understanding of how new unique lines were obtained:
Dusty would decide when she wanted to give away unique lines to a pride. She would commission someone to do it, all the prides that wanted them would apply, and the slot to get it would be raffled off between them. Whoever won got the slot, the lines were drawn up, and the lines were given to them. No one pride could simply request new lines and it wasn't based on size as far as I'm aware - small prides were just as eligible as big ones.

That hasn't been done for a while and like MMP said, the only way any pride is likely to get unique lines right now is if an old pride with unique lines gets disbanded and they raffle off the lines to the others.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi again. :3

I asked this question in thread a day or two ago, but no one knew the answer... so, I'm gonna put it here, just in case someone finds an answer, because I doubt I'm the only one with this problem.

I have an adult leopard, colored by Tae. He was never certed. Where do I post to get his cert?

EDIT: <3 Never mind.

FerretPrince

Eloquent Codger

9,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:20 pm
Mila
For those people waiting on certs from Taejira, I'll be posting what's going to happen with that soon.

8D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 pm
As Eski pointed out, I don't think there's been any news on that since the announcement. :3 *needs someone certed too*  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:22 pm
Can a lion have more than one familiar companion?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:52 pm
Yes :3 As long as they fit on the cert (aka two bunnies should work, but two waterbucks would not)  

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 pm
Okay thanks! :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:53 am
Okay.

Big guild. Biiiig guild. xD;

And because I'm blind (seriously, took me ten minutes or so to actually see/refind the Species list, because I was confused...)

Where is the Customs information? And if the Cub-Breeding-Into-Customs aren't with those, where are they, as well? -Loves a certain set of lines.- D8

-Flails.- Okay, Ara phails~ But help is appreciated! 83  

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:20 pm
CUstom information is in the Breeding/Vustoms subforum. Each colorist has a different thread containing information on customs for a certain month, whether it will be raffle style, first come first serve, etc. So check out that subforum and just peek around.

Regarding customing into a litter with certain lines, you have to get permission from the parents owners to custom into that litter, custom cubs on lines I think have to be born into a litter, and cannot be customed on their own with no relations to anyone in the pride, if that makes sense.

Hope I helped! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:13 pm
Thank you very much for your help~ I shall have fun looking them over to see how much it will cost.

:3 And I know I'd have to get permission from the parents' owners~ ^^  

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

Three Tailed Fox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:43 pm
Alright, I've been looking for information on breeding customs and can't find much on the subject, just things like "___ can't happen unless you do a breeding custom". I want to know how they're handled, how much each custom baby costs, where you'd go to post for that, if there's specific slots for it, or what?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 pm
Breeding customs are 500k per cub, the only way to get a slot is if someone is breeding a couple and and you get one of their two custom slots. To get a custom slot, you need to ask the parents, they will advertize a slot open if they are allowing someone to custom in. Should they, both owners of the parents, then you would post the form in the colorist of the breeding's thread under the custom/breeding subform.  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas