Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[OOC] Search for the Hidden ... <Megaplot> [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:42 pm
Who I am applying for: Ukweli
Username of person RPing Ukweli: Chibi Sheepcat

Prompt: Ukweli has visions of the earthquake - moments before it actually happens. He must flee down from the mountainside cavern where he's staying to warn Ubawa, but doesn't make it in time before the landslides begin.

“Ukweli, you’re staring into space again. What do you See?”

The old lion jumped at the sound of Viza’s voice, blinking his eyes several times to clear them. What did he See? What didn’t he See would have been a more accurate question. This morning he had awoken with a terrible feeling of unease, though when no vision of horror followed he had assumed he was simply becoming a worrywart in his old age. When he had been younger and more in tune with his gift, Ukweli had never doubted a bad feeling in his gut. But he was far past his prime now, and what he once considered a forewarning now was merely the ache in his legs when he rose every morning. Times had changed, and the old lion was no longer so sure that he saw what was to come.

“Nothing yet, Viza. I am still waiting, though if this feeling persists I may have to consider looking at what I ate last night. I may have a nasty case of indigestion.” He gave a small, wry chuckle as Viza rolled her eyes. "You should trust yourself. You have never given a false warning yet." The lanner falcon puffed up her chest, proud of her companion's accomplishments. He was a revered member of the pride, and thus should not take his own feelings with a grain of sand. He should be confident even in his old age. Viza had often told him so; however Ukweli would simply smile the same ever-patience smile he gave to the younglings, looking somewhat amused and yet altogether too accepting for his own good. He had that smile on his face now, even though he wasn't looking at the falcon. Ukweli knew what his bird was thinking, and he did not begrudge her for such thoughts. To each his own, as his father had said.

With a soft sigh, the lion rose to his feet with the intent of making his way down the mountainside before nightfall. The moment he stood, however, his vision slanted, before narrowing into a single tunnel of light. A vision? Now? Ukweli had barely a second to register the thoughts before he was jolted forward. The world swirled around him, before settling on the valley where he called home. Beneath his feet the earth shook with a force he had never felt before, splitting between his paws as the wind whipped around him. He could see rocks falling, tumbling down the valley walls as the wind turned to screams of lion and bird alike. Black shadows rose from the cracks in the earth, screeching as they turned to vultures that filled the sky until Ukweli could no longer see the daylight. What was happening? What was this? What was he Seeing?

"Ukweli!"

The old lion was brought back the present by a swift n** from his bird companion, and would have swatted her with his paw had his limbs not felt so heavy. What a horrible vision. Ukweli panted as he stared at the earth between his paws. In his vision he had seen the ground split until the whole valley had been caught in a landslide. Could that mean…. An earthquake? As if to back up his thoughts the earth began to tremble beneath his paws, causing Viza to shriek in surprise. He was too late! His vision had come too late! He had to warn Ubawa! With energy he didn't know he possessed anymore, the lion leapt out of his cave and down onto the mountainside. His claws dug helplessly into the ground as he slid but Ukweli couldn't bring himself to care. He was frantically searching for Ubawa with his eyes, oblivious the rocks that came tumbling down after him.

The old lion broke into a limping run once he hit the end of the mountainside, only to be forced to skid to a halt as rocks came sliding down before him to block his path. No! It was blocked! Ukweli lifted his head to look at the top of the pile, as though gauging how tall it was. Could he make it? He could try. He had to find his king! The old lion's mind may have had the energy to make it up there, but his body did not. As he leaned back to jump his back end collapsed, causing him to fall down into a heavy sit. There was no way his ancient body could make it, not after the run he had just made down the mountainside. His trip was over. Still, he stared resolutely at the pile, as though determined to make it up once he had caught his breath.

“Ukweli you won’t make it!” Viza cried, flying to land on the lion’s shoulder. She could feel the faint tremors of his body beneath her feet, and she tightened her grip to make sure Ukweli would keep his attention focused on her. A younger lion may have been both strong and bold enough to try and make it up the near sheer surface of rocks that the landslide had put between them and Ubawa. But Ukweli was no young lion, and even in his panic the lanner falcon knew he could not make it up the rocks no matter how hard he tried. Even the simple act of running down the mountainside had put too much strain on his ancient body.

“They need you here, Ukweli.”

Viza breathed a sigh of relief when Ukweli turned his head to look at her, then past her to watch Dumu, Peke and Kuruka come stumbling down the path he had just come from. He had to stay here and make sure that those who had survived the disaster stayed together and safe. Ubawa would have wished him to do so. With a final glance at the wall of rocks, Ukweli forced his tired body to move back towards the remaining pride, Viza flying close above him. The falcon turned her eyes upward as she flew, and whispered a silent prayer to her goddess.

“May Hestia protect us all.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:51 pm
Who I am applying for: Hisia
Username of person RPing Hisia: The Sashie

Prompt: Shortly after the earthquake, Ukweli gently tells Hisia that her sister, Ficha, has been killed. Shocked, Hisia goes off to mourn that night, remembering times when she and her sister were cubs together.

Ficha had always prided herself in being the older sibling. The one to watch over and guide her little sisters, the ring master if you will. Nyonda had other interests though, and parted ways from her siblings and their cub hood games when she came of age. Hisia, on the other hand, stayed loyal. She and Ficha had grown inseparable, the two girls constantly hunting together and whenever they managed to obtain a moment of peace, spent it chatting with one another.

It seemed so fresh, so recent. The thought of it stung like a fresh wound. She lay stunned, her body cold and numb. The dim light of the stars above was soft, letting a thick blackness cover the world below. And in the midst of it all was Hisia, a mourning sister. sharp, stabbing pains vibrated through her body, pin pricks gabbing at her paws. She had never felt loss before, the sensation was new to her. Hisia's eyes were growing heavy, tears welling inside them. A deep weariness crept over her, and the grieving lioness slowly placed her head on her paws.
"This....is what it's like..." She choked in a barely audible whisper.

---

"Thats cheating...!" A mousy voice piped up, followed by a soft giggled.
"It's not cheating if you don't get caught!" Ficha explained, her eyes wide as she snatched a rock off another cubs pile. It was a game many of the prides youngings took part in, collecting and hording bright pebbles that caught their eye. Temptation every now and then got the better of the cubs, and they would sneak a stone from another's pile. It was all in good fun, of course.

"Look how pretty that one is!" Hisia exclaimed, dashing over to a tree stump were a few stones sat, and nudging a particular yellow and gold one.

"Look, it even has a matching one!" Ficha squealed, dropping the rock she had taken from one of the cubs stashes so she could examine a similar yellow and gold stone.

"They sure are lovely." Hisia cooed, rolling the stone towards her with a paw. She glanced up at Ficha and grinned. "One for you, and one for me!" She watched as her sister carefully pawed at the second pebble, gently picking it up in her mouth and dropping it beside Hisia.

"Like...like sister stones! Ficha chortled, placing the two pebbles beside each other. "So, even when you're out hunting or I'm guarding the pride, we will always have the stones to remember we'll see each other again!"

"Thats smart, Ficha!"

---

Hisia began to leisurely arouse from her dream, a slight nudge at her side had awoken her. A breif surge of hope flowed through her body, and her head spun around. "Ficha!" She cried, only to meet the eyes of her ever faithful cuckoo hawk, Samahani. At first, they just stared at each other, Hisia's eyes welled with tears.

"I'm so sorry...Ukweli told me." Samahani, murmured. He's feathers ruffled, obvious disturbed by Hisia condition. His wings were placed at his side, the bird hopping closer to her. "I...know how it must fee-"

"No you don't." Hisia shot back, her eyes meeting with Samahani. "You just knew her as Ficha, I knew her as my best friend."

The Sashie

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:04 pm
... and applications are closed!

Since demonstration_evil and Ary Keeyara were the only two to try for Hifadhi and Ngao, they'll be getting those two; the rest, I need to judge. <3 I'll probably post winners late tonight or tomorrow sometime.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm
Congrats Dem and Ary! <3
And good luck to everyone else. 83  

Lollypop13

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm
Goodluck guys heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:17 pm

I wish everyone a lot of luck!
-Is suppose to be resting but forgot he had tried to sign up for this-
If by chance I get to play my chosen lion, or any other, I will be on to play him/her right, so no worries!

Muse lore

dragonfire_kaen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 pm
Congrats, you two! ^_^ And good luck to everyone else!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:26 pm
Good luck everyone! XD  

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Fictiophilia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:00 pm
xD Congrats Ary & Demo!

&Indeed, good luck to everyone else!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm
Congrats Ary and Demo.

I can't wait to see who the other winners are! ^^

Kireiryuu

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 pm
Good luck to everyone else ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm
Congrats Ary and Demo. Can't wait to see the winners.  

StrawberriLori

Kytora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 pm
Congrats Demo and Ary! :3

Good luck to everyone~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:18 pm
Good luck everyone!  

Atheare

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 pm
Congrats, Ary and Demo! And Good luck to everyone else x3  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]