The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nefarious e

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:39 am
User ImageDeena Martide

Deena looked up at the Durmstrang student who had joined them. "Hello," she said amiably. Normally she wouldn't have said anything but, what with most of her friends still freaking out about the... incident, she didn't really have anyone to hang out with right now, and despite her 'listener' nature, she had no desire to be, or be branded, a loner. "I'm Deena Martide." The funny thing was, she was pretty sure that 'Balas' was also the name of a Quidditch player, although she had never been able to keep up with all of that during her traipsing up and down Europe during her life with her mother.

Deena hoped her mother was okay. The doctors at St Mungo's said that she was doing fine but Deena did not believe them. Her mother had been screaming the night they took her away, and she had not improved the few times Deena had been allowed to visit her. Faith, so contrary to her name, had begged her daughter to let her go, telling her they were all in league with her father and plotted to kill the two of them. She had screamed at Deena that it was 'all for you, everything for you,' before the assisstants had put her under a spell that had left her unconcious for the next few hours. Her mother's mind was broken, they had said, broken beyond complete repair by the paranoia and suspicion that had dominated her life since just before Deena's birth. But she musn't blame herself, no, Faith had brought it all down on her own head, and there was nothing they could do about that now. But, with luck, her mother could recuperate enough to become a 'functioning member of society.' Curse them all, them and their stupid standards. Her mother had done nothing to warrant life as a prisoner. She had simply overheard something she shouldn't have.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abel Balas
Durmstrang

As Abel tried to keep his focus off of the Goblet and back to the situation around him in the Great Hall, a second red-headed girl offered an introduction to him. "Good to meet you, Deena. I'm Abel." He extended his hand for a handshake, as seemed customary to do here at Hogwarts. In his home country of Romania handshakes were primarily used for greetings between two males, but he was glad that they were used more widely here at the host school. At home it was customary for men to kiss the hands of women, something he never really felt comfortable doing.
As he awaited her hand in return, he took note of her appearance. She was also quite pretty, as most of the girls at Hogwarts seemed to be; Abel had failed to note any unattractive students in his midst. These thoughts just reminded him of the tournament once more, more specifically the Yule Ball. He still hadn't decided how he was going to handle his current... "situation". This time, rather than trying to forget the looming tournament, he decided to share his thoughts with those around him.
"So are any of you planning on putting your name into the Goblet of Fire?" Abel realized that other students might be tired of discussing the topic of the tournament, but at the moment, it was the only thing that he knew everyone at Hogwarts, regardless of their home school, had in common.

Spiral Tuboflex
Crew

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200

sKITTLES mAKE mEH hIGH
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:33 pm
User Image Rose [Rosey] Senicah [Brave] Weasley [Uhg]

Rose walked down the crooked, moving steps to the great hall, more like skipped, but she was going.
She opened the doors and looked around for her Lily. It was packed today. "I must have over-slept." Rose mumbled.
She finally spotted her cousins and stood behind them smiling. "Morning."
She didn't see anyway she could squeeze in but she managed. Pushing her Lily over and the Albus next to her. "Scoot.!" She giggled, finally managing to sit.

"Morning Greg."
She said, looking over at him, but then quickly turning to the plates of food magically refilling themselves. She plopped a little bit of eggs and bacon on her plate and began to eat.
Rose thought about the food she was piling in her mouth, bacon, boy did she love bacon. It just had so much fat. So she put down the piece of bacon she was eating and ate some eggs. When all her eggs were gone she proceded to eat a piece of toast.
She sighed but, then picked the bacon back up and continued to eat it.

When Rose was finally finished she looked up, "So how did everyone's first week go?"

((EDITED))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 pm
User ImageDeena Martide

Deena shook the boy's hand, although she raised an eyebrow slightly at it. Wasn't shaking hands a rather old fasioned thing to do? She knew there were other customary greetings used all over the place - travelling did have it's uses - but this one had mostly died out except at Muggle board meetings. Deena had had the unfortunate experience of trying to pose as a Muggle once... when her mother had been particularly scared. It hadn't really been fun.

"I put my name in already," she said. On her way down from the dorms, Deena had taken a moment to stop by the Goblet of Fire and add her name. She hadn't really thought much about it, and had simply chosen to do it now while the other students were all eating in the Great Hall. Deena didn't need an audience for anything other
than her pranks.

In truth, Deena did have an ulterior motive to entering the Tournament... and for wanting to win. With the prize money, she could easily pay to have her mother subjected to the best treatment Galleons could buy and maybe, just maybe, there was someone out there who knew how to cure insanity. It was an off chance, but Deena was willing to risk it. However, the problem was that the Tournament would mean being out in the open, exposed for all to see. Deena still had her childhood paranoia and nothing any of the St Mungo's doctors could do would change that. During the holidays, Deena often had to visit a shrink in their psychosis ward. It wasn't pleasant. It was hard enough just to visit Hogsmeade, standing exposed to a stadium of people would probably drive her off the deep end...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

nefarious e

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:55 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds
User Image

Sitting at her seat the girls face was gazing slightly upward towards the sky. The dark dim clouds hovered ahead. Just as the day was they showed the dim exterior of the sky outside of them. Letting out a small sigh the girl’s expression was noted immediately. A blonde haired green eyed girl glanced at her. There were a few words spoke. Riley heard none of them in all honesty. She just sort of ignored them. With some of the phrases said she figured they had began to laugh. She attempted to laugh along, but she was slightly off cue. Her laugh seemed rather empty to the others also. Not letting her gaze hit the other girls she looked at the plate before her as the others began to speak once more to each other. Yet again she heard nothing. After a few moments she did hear a name though. The two girls had changed subject so much from what they started. They began on a muggle shop, then on to some shop in hogsmead, and then to something she didn’t catch. The thing that had caught her mind once more was the names they were now discussing .They seemed to be speaking of the tournament. Letting her face look to the two she listened. They spoke of how thrill-full it would be for Albus Potter to be in the tournament, and fail. They were so cruel. As the boy’s name was spoke, a twinge of guilt jolted through her body.

Listening for only a few minutes more the girl attempted to push all they spoke of behind. The fifth year then took a sip of her juice and stood from the table. Excusing herself she wanted to make her way to the owlery anyway. She’d written a letter in the night past and she’d not yet had a chance to send it out. Figuring this would be the opportune moment she would be able to clear her mind in the process.

[[Wow. I have been in a slump. Sorry for not posting in a long time, but I’ve been really super busy.]]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 pm
User Image
Erin May:

Erin bit her lip as she walked in to the great hall. She sighed softly, all her friends were scattered. Or gone. She shook her head and tucked some hair behind her ear. She doubted that this year was going to be any fun. Quidditch had been canceled Moved around to fit the schedule of the Tri-wizard tournament.. Much to her dismay, and Her friends were all gone, she didn't have a boyfriend, and she doubted that anyone would ask her to the Yule ball. She bit her lip and picked at her food. She shook her head slightly and sighed. In all her years here, she never thought that she would make this decision. But there was always time for it. She would just work on her studies and get better grades than last year.

Erin sighed softly, her mood dampened by her new found thoughts. She shook her head slightly upset by those facts. She bit her lip before picking up her goblet and taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. She wondered vaguely if there was a point to even trying this year. It wasn't like anyone was going to talk to her anyways. Why would they? They probably thought that her piercings and clothing style was different and odd.. She clicked her barbell ageist her teeth and then sighed softly. Running her hand through her hair, which was black with streaked blue through it, she contemplated wither she should go back to 'normal' or as normal as she could get.

Erin took a bite of her toast and then turned her eyes to her plate. She hated being alone. Not even a week in to the new school year and people were hooking up already. She shook her head again and then put her elbow on her table and her chin in her hand.. How she hated life at the moment. Erin crossed her leg over her knee and then took another bite of her toast, chewing slowly..

((anyone feel like rping with Erin?))  

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 pm
((Quidditch was not canceled. I wouldn't have made the teams if I was going to cancel it. And if you want people to roleplay with your character, you should approach them too instead of getting in all depressed mode lol =D ))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:49 pm
Will we lose it someday?
I want to protect you and that disappearing smile
The ringing voice that calls me dries out
Even if it gets erased by the wind along time
I will find you...

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory lifted his eyebrow at the mention of his father, something that was rarely talked about in a school setting. Unfortunately, his father was somewhat forgotten about when Leo revealed his Quidditch skills here at school. Some people had told him that he could far surpass both his parents if he kept at the sport, but he dare not tell them that. Gregory was afraid they would be a little upset by that statement, but weren't parents usually proud of the children when they surpassed them? Summer quidditch practices wouldn't be as fun as usual if his parents felt he was holding back for them. Once again, idiotic and stupid thoughts had somehow found their way inside his clouded mind and Leo knew he should pay no attention to them. Was all this because of the announcement of the tournament or was it something else unknown? Seeing that the boy might think he stopped paying attention to what he had said, Gregory replied as soon as he snapped back into reality. "Yes, I am related to Oliver Wood. Actually, he is my father."

"It is a pleasure to have you here at Hogwarts, Abel." Gregory was glad he had gotten to meet a not-so-hostile Durmstrang student . Running into them in the halls was never a pleasant situation until now of course. Abel seemed like he could be a good friend by the end of the year. To the Ravenclaw's surprise, Deena broke her listening streak to introduce herself to the newcomer. That was a good thing though, the school needed all kinds of people to interact with each other if they ever hoped to bring all the houses together. Then the brief period of silence was broken when Abel took the time to ask if anyone had thought about entering the tournament. Of course he did not know, but it seemed as if everyone at this table had already entered their name into the goblet. "I have also already entered, first one to do so actually." Being the first to place his name in the Goblet of Fire on the night of the return feast had actually taken all the courage he had. several people had entered their names since then, so his chances of becoming champion were pretty slim now. On the bright side, it would be interesting to see who is chosen as the three champions.

Finally getting a chance to take another sip of his juice without worrying about interrupting anyone speaking near him, Gregory grabbed his cup and refilled it. Just then his stomach began to rumble since all he had this morning was something to drink. Leo immediately grabbed his stomach and his face turned a slight shade of pink. The almost depleted platter of cold eggs in front of him would have to suffice for now, so Gregory took his fork and scooped some onto his plate. The sixth-year's attention was taken away from his food when Rose Weasley walked into the room. She playfully shoved her cousins away to make herself some room before sitting down and saying good morning to him. That was when it felt like his heart had jumped into his throat. He dearly wanted to return her greeting, but he could not muster the courage to for some reason. He secretly slammed his fist into his leg to break his paralysis and managed to say, "Goo-good morning Rose. I was wondering if we could talk in private whenever you have the chance..."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even though I keep on falling,
You laugh and help me up every time
As I board the vacant back of the bus
You flash me a small smile
I must place my trust in you...

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

sKITTLES mAKE mEH hIGH
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Rose smiled and looked toward Gregory when he began talking, then she automatically turned a shade of red when he asked her if I could talk to him later. Her cheeks probably matched her hair.
"Umm, okay." She said, managing to smiling a bit now, but still pink in the face.

Rose always got like this around guys, unless she was related to them, or could be related to them, because they were so close. Like Albus and Neville. She especially got nervous when she liked someone. Like Greg.

"Well, umm.. I am not busy today so whenever." Rose was trying not to blush anymore, especially since she was looking straight at Greg. She didn't want to make him think she didn't want to go. She really, really did. If her cousin was right, she may be getting asked to the Ball.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm
Will we lose it someday?
I want to protect you and that disappearing smile
The ringing voice that calls me dries out
Even if it gets erased by the wind along time
I will find you...

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory could not help but notice how much Rose blushed when he asked her if they could talk in private. It seemed like she had never been put in this situation. Leo did not see how any of the guys here at Hogwarts had not asked to do so before, since he most likely wasn't the only one to find her attractive. even some of the other school students probably found her good-looking as well. Rose was probably really embarrassed, even though she tried to cover it up with a smile, but the sixth-year Ravenclaw seeker realized that his face was just as pink as her. Whenever he spoke with her or at least tried to, his stomach felt like it was filled with thousands of angry butterflies trying to escape his innards. Why did talking with the opposite sex have to be so bloody difficult?

A wave of relief washed over him when Rose informed him that she had no other plans today and that she would speak to him in private. Well, the first step was done so far. But would he freeze up right when he would throw out the question? Gregory sure as hell hoped not! "A-alright cool," he muttered, but immediately felt like an idiot after the word tumbled from his mouth. He really wanted to smack himself in the face at the moment, but that might drive some people away from him. He had finally found a good and stable group of friends that he did not want to detached from. Lily and the others had helped him out more than anyone ever before in a matter of a few days. That one simple train ride here would be a moment he would never forget. "I-I was thinking we could go down to the Quidditch pitch, but the rain has dampened those plans." What the hell was he thinking throwing a stupid pun in there! She probably caught it and realized how corny he sounded. There would plenty of corniness later on, so hopefully Rose didn't mind.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even though I keep on falling,
You laugh and help me up every time
As I board the vacant back of the bus
You flash me a small smile
I must place my trust in you...

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

rainingflames__xx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:50 pm
Albus Severus Potter
I Chose Gryffindor But Slytherin Would Have Been Fine
User Image

And when I think of all the places I just don't belong
I've come to grips with life and realize this is going too far

I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear
Escape from this afterlife
’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on
Far away from here

The fifth year boy continued to pick at his eggs, never once brnging the fork to his mouth or touching any food on his plate besides the eggs. Albus stood up quietly, looked and the ceiling and sighed.

"I'm going for a walk..."

The boy turned, exiting the great hall and heading towards the grounds, preferrably to Hagrid's Hut. Hagrid always knew how to cheer Albus up, and his father said Hagrid was cool, and from the times Albus visited Hagrid it seemed that way.

I don't belong here, I gotta move on dear
escape from this afterlife
’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on,
far away from here

Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you
This place full of peace and light, and I’d hope you might
Take me back inside when the time is right

Neville Harry Longbottom II
User Image

Will you stay awake for me?
I don't wanna miss anything
I don't wanna miss anything
I will share the air I breathe,
I'll give you my heart on a string,
I just don't wanna miss anything.

I'm trying real hard not to shake. I'm biting my tongue,
but I'm feeling alive and with every breathe that I take,
I feel like I've won. You're my key to survival.

He waved a hand in front of Albus' face to get no reaction. The boy seemed stunned and Neville was determined ti figure out why. He glanced at Lily hearing her words and nodded before folding his arms across his chest.

"Well...we can find out can't we? You could talk to Riley after breakfast ansd I'll talk to Albus."

((I'm soo sorry for not posting for awhile but school took up so much of my time when I was on I was busy with my PM's and RP's I've made. Everything is calming down now so I'll be posting again ^.^ Yay!

Say my name. I just want to hear you.
Say my name. So I know it's true.
You're changing me. You're changing me.
You showed me how to live.
So just say. So just say,

That you'll stay awake for me.
I don't wanna miss anything.
I don't wanna miss anything.
I will share the air I breathe,
I'll give you my heart on a string,
I just don't wanna miss anything

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Rose looked at Greg and noticed he was just as pink as she was, or she thought she was, that helped her a bit. Knowing he was just as nervous as she was. That might help her talk to him better. Without frieking out and not speaking giberish, that would be bad.

"Umm," Rose thought about all the places they could go, that wasn't outside. It was hard, all of the beautiful places in Hogwarts were outside. "If it doesn't clear up we could go to the Library or something..."
That wasn't her dream place, but it would work, as long as she was with Greg she would be happy.

After saying that, Rose looked around, still thinking, with no idea what-so-ever. She was brain dead, she couldn't think or remember anything. Reality was hitting her, with tons of hard rocks, over and over.

sKITTLES mAKE mEH hIGH
Crew

nefarious e

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:12 pm
User ImagePяoƒessør Aℓexїs Kяuм
ġoτ α мe§sαgε iη мy ħεαd τħατ τħε pαpεrs ħαd αll gone, Richαяd Mαηuεl is dεαd

Alexis shrugged nonchalantly, her anger at the owls abated slightly. For all her father's worry, she wasn't all that worried about the tournament. It would be dangerous, yes, and there would be quite a few injuries for Madam Pomprey to look after, but other than that, Alexis believed the students would be able to take care of themselves. Even though it was probably against the rules, she would be making sure that the champions learnt spells in her classes that might help in the coming weeks. At least she hadn't heard anything about bringing back the dragons...

When the other proffessor - History of Magic, she wasn't quite sure - came and went so quickly, Alexis barely raised an eyebrow. She was used to strange types at Hogwarts, even among the teachers. When she had been a student, she had spent her first year as one of them. The Bulgarian accent had been a big thing, even in an era which encouraged co-operation
between all the international magical communities.

"I never actually said I thought it was terrible. In fact, it's actually a pretty good idea. I'm just worried about whether they've managed to get things right security wise this time, that's all." said Alexis, reaching for some more food as she said so.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm
User Image
•••V I C T O I R E ALAINE W E A S L E Y•••

Victoire Weasley walked into the Great Hall, still slightly asleep. Right now she was not Victoire though, she was Professor Weasley.
She took her place at the teachers table, waving at Alexis as she sat down.
Food appeared in front of her and she began to eat, looking around and spotting all her family sitting at tables.

Victoire loved her family. She was the oldest child. She knew them all the longest, she could name anything about them. Being in a big family had its ups and downs, but she always had someone to turn to in her life. Mom and Dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, and Teddy, don't forget Teddy. Teddy was not her family though he was the closest thing to it though.
"Hmm, I wonder where Teddy is..." She mumbled quietly.
Another good thing, her and Teddy worked together, she had all the time with him she needed, making everything easier.

sKITTLES mAKE mEH hIGH
Crew

Spiral Tuboflex
Crew

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abel Balas
Durmstrang

Abel nodded his head as Gregory informed him that Oliver Wood was indeed his father. He knew that Wood was a pretty common surname, but he had remembered reading in a Quidditch magazine an article about young Quidditch players to watch for in the near future, and the list had specifically focused on children of well-known pros. Gregory's name had been mentioned alongside his father's. Abel's father was none too happy with the article, as neither he nor his son were featured in its pages. Abel, however, was not surprised: his skill level was satisfactory, but not outstanding, and his father had spent just a few short years on the Romanian National team, seeing minimal playing time. Abel's father believed that his son's impression of his father's Quidditch career was much more impressive than it actually was. "Yes, my father played for Romania for a short while during your father's career. Maybe we can play together sometime when the weather is less miserable."

The Durmstrang student was far from shocked to hear that his new acquaintances (or could he call them friends?) Deena and Gregory had also dropped their names into the Goblet's fiery realms. He knew that the process was different for Hogwarts students as compared to his own experience; there was a lot more competition for the title of Hogwarts Champion as the number of people who enter there names into the running was so much greater for the host school than for Abel's own. Recognizing this, Abel knew that both Deena and Gregory must be extremely talented; you had to be if you wanted to stand a chance of being picked as the Hogwarts representative. And even after only talking to them for a few short minutes, Abel could sense that both were capable of participating in the tournament. The fact that they weren't bragging about entering their names was a surefire sign that they were serious about the competition. "Well good luck to both of you. I've entered also, but if I don't get it, I'll be sure to root for you guys... I'm not really too good of buddies with many of the older Durmstrang students." Edward Mason and Justin Phillips were pretty good guys, but Edward was always hanging out with his Beauxbatons girlfriend, and Justin was too young to enter the tournament anyways. Abel could really care less about the rest of the crowd; they were more forced friends than chosen ones.

As the table became more crowded, Abel felt as though his presence (although he wasn't even occupying a seat on the bench) was beginning to get in the way of the other Hogwarts students. He knew that this was definitely true as a girl approached the table and made Gregory's face turn Gryffindor red, a sure cue for Abel's exit. "Gregory, Deena, it has been a pleasure meeting the both of you, but I must be heading off. I'll see you both around? La revedere. " Abel waved to them and added a Romanian goodbye as he walked toward the exit to the Great Hall.

His social confidence boosted after meeting a couple new people, Abel was in a much cheerier mood as he left the Great Hall. He noticed a girl sitting by herself at the Slytherin table, with dark hair decorated with streaks of blue. Dying ones hair unnatural colors, especially shades of blue, was considered quite fashionable in Romania, and something about seeing someone here at Hogwarts with such fashion sense was, in a way, comforting to Abel. Right before passing the Slytherin table to leave the Great Hall and head back to his dorm area, he changed his mind and decided to make another friend. Now was as good a time as any, right?
"Buna dimineata... Good morning," Abel spoke to the girl nibbling on toast. "Is this seat taken?" He motioned to the chair across from her, hoping her response would not be a negative one. He had gotten the impression that Slytherin students were known for their rudeness, but this girl look nice enough.

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff