Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Split_Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:05 pm
Let's see.
Well, I'm new here, joined because I saw the banner in someone's signature and totally agreed.

mainly it bothers me when people talk like this and go on and on with babbling and no capitols or periods or commas or anything or.. Okay, I'm done. >.< I haven't actually seen a lot of people have no vowels, but tons of people just ignore all forms of breaking up their sentances. Grr. >.<

Anyways. About me: I'll be twelve on January 30th, and have always tried my best to be literate on the internet. I hate people thinking I'm stupid because I'm young.
On this account (I have two) my dream avvie will always change my dream avvie once I've forfilled the dream. My plan is to have my dream avvie be different book/movie/show characters or real people. As you can see by my signature, I currently wish to be Queen Dove Balitang from Trickster's Queen. Next, I think I'll either be Aly from the same book or Dove from the first book, Trickster's Choice, where she has no idea that she could be a queen in the futuure.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 pm
Hello. I am a literate 14 year-old.
I love anime, mainly YuYu Hakusho (Because Hiei's in it. heart ). I am also a rabid fan girl of all things Hiei. sweatdrop I love reading, mainly the mystery genres. The one thing I can't stand is when you are talking online with someone and they begin typing in a way that no one can understand. Grr. When I get older I would like to go to college and become a writer. My favorite season is winter because of the snow and the fact that it is cold. I love cold weather. That's enough about me.  

cupids_rose

The Crimson One

Shadowy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:32 pm
Yo. The name's Hex.

And...yep, thats it. No long, in depth description from me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:18 pm
Greetings and salutations. My name is Nichole, or Niche, or Siafa. Whatever. I'm 17, living in the US of A, and I currently want to graduate high school and get a degree in either English or Creative Writing. I'm not a grammar "nazi", nor do I claim to employ perfect grammar or spelling. I enjoy reading, writing, listening to and creating music, and talking to people. My favorite colour is red... and yea. That is about all there is to me.  

Siafa

3,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100

Tis muffin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:14 pm
Well im Muffin or Tom. I like to read and juggle so if you want to learn just ask me.
Im not a big fan of text heavy posts they can make my eyes go funny.
As I have said before im Dyslexic and will often spell words worng so please tell me I like to learn.
I like to see peoples point of views and who they react so dont worry about what I say.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:28 pm
Hello there, I'm 15 years old and I love proper grammar. You can call me Setsuna. The thought of learning new ways to write and new words makes me happy. I'm quite odd for my love of words. I can't stand when people blatantly use improper grammar or text talk, it sickens me. I despise slang, especially when I accidently use it (which doesn't happen often.) For some reason (perhaps the fact that I love the color) almost everything I write is red.
I have seen banners about this guild many times in peoples' sigs but I've never really thought of joining until my sister did.

Setsuna _the potato lover

[Ms.Muffin-Man]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:58 pm
'Ello there.
I'm Natalia. [Call me that and die! D:]
Call me; Tali, Lil' Miss Sunshine, Ms.M~M, or Nippers.
I have just recently reached teh' fourteen year old mark.
I love to; Write in mi bathtub. Stare out mi window. Listen to music twenty-four/seven. Dance in teh' rain. talk to mi boyfriend [Note his smexy avi is in mi sig]. Make-up mi own words. Go shopping. Etc.
--There's more I would love to write, but unfortunately, one of mi typing hands is shaking uncontrollably [Sp?], and I'm afraid I must tell mi dear mother.
D:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:10 pm
Hi everyone. I'm writerserenyty (call me Serenyty), and I'm a grammar freak. No seriously, I am. At 14 years old too. Weird, huh.

I love reading and writing. My dream job would be a screenwriter, though any type of writing would be the best job, in my opinion. I'm currently in the beginning stages of writing a long story/novella about a futuristic assassin.

I never use chatspeak/text talk. Ever. I'm completely literate in pretty much every thing I do. I figure that if writing is my dream, then I should start getting the basics of good grammar down.  

writerserenyty

Kitykin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:08 pm
'Lo, all. The name's Kitykin, the 13 year old male literate of New York, (Call me Kitty, Kitefaic, or whatever other monicker you can come up with) and seeing your guild siggy image in someone else's siggy caught my eye.

Chat speak and I do not get along. D: I feel like I am degrading the English language and stomping on its head when I tlk lyk t1s.

Not that there's anything wrong with chatspeak. It just feels icky to use.

So here I am. Befriend me, talk with me, and give me your Kiki/Coco kitties. :3

Btw, I play Furcadia. If you do too, tell me! <3+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:05 pm
Hey, I just joined so I thought I'd introduce myself.
So, there you go!

shouldbedeleted23

Holy Hydroxide

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:52 am
Okay. I'm not sure if I posted here or not. So, here:
Name: Raven S.
Appearance: 5'6 tall, hair in varying shades of brown with a bit of gold, pale skin, dark jade eyes
Hates: Chatspeak, the color pink
Dream job: Biologist working in Antarctica. I would write poems in my spare time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:00 am
Greetings and Salutations one and all. I'm 22 years of age. I work full time as it may seem. My little ones were the ones that proposed to me that I start a "Gaian Account" and so, here I am today, speaking to all that read this. Another thing is please just call me by my first name, Mark. Hmm, there isn't really much to say about myself except for just that. Well, I hope that introduction will satisfy you all. sweatdrop  

Mark_Sakuya

Arelyn530

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:19 am
Good morning everyone! (at least it's morning for me ^_^) I just joined the guild and I thought it would be a good idea to say "Hello!" and introduce myself. If you're curious about my hobbies, likes/dislikes, or other details, all of that information can be found on my profile.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:22 pm
Hello! I'm Froggi! Or Frog or any form of the name Beth. Hey works just as well. I'm first and foremost a musician. I can play 8 1/2 instruments and soon it shall be 9 1/2! whee

I like sailing.......a lot! That's about it. I think....

Oh! I like pirates and correcting teacher's grammar!

pirate

cool  

The Frog...

Usagi Dreamer Kohaku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:54 pm
Hello! I am a Canadian living in America until *hopefully* college... assuming I can get into the University of Ottawa. Otherwise I am stuch going to Eau Claire... which isn't a BAD thing... I would just prefer Ottawa ^.^

Regardless of where I end up, I am going to double major in English Literature and Creative Writing with a minor in French.

I joined this guild because I saw the banner in many different signatures and they intrigued me so much that I simply HAD to join!!

So far, so good!!

Now to bed... I have a speech meet bright and early tomorrow...err this morning! ^.~  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff