Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Hey guys? I done it again! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My best zombie tale so far?
  Misery, Missouri (Worst pun ever!)
  Running North (Only put up one chapter...)
  Stumbler Sickness (That'd be this one)
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 pm
Severed his pine, dropping him like a sack of potatoes.

Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment. I'll read it again later tonight.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:47 pm
Man of the Demoneye

Fix'd.

No need to read it again just to fix my spelling errors. I want you guys to enjoy the story most of all.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 pm
ArmasTermin
Man of the Demoneye

Fix'd.

No need to read it again just to fix my spelling errors. I want you guys to enjoy the story most of all.
I read it, enjoyed it, and only saw that one error, so I think you might be okay.

I was going to make a comment about the katana not being made to stab, but that katana was likely not made from crappy steel and expertly folded by master Japanese swordsmiths. It's probably stamped sheet steel, which can most likely hold up pretty well when stabbing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 pm
I am suprised that nobody caught this,
Quote:
“It's all down hill now,” Felix said by the clatter of a fresh 7.62x39mm cartridge entering the chamber of his rifle. Ridley, with only his little .22 pistol, took the rear as the others jogged down the alley. Neil was down on one knee in front of the church door, directing broad-tipped deer-slaying arrows into the gray-skin hordes. He saw the group from the alley and waved.

The IMI Galil only comes in 5.56NATO and 7.62NATO not x39.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as23-e.htm

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:23 pm
Freak_090
Quote:
“It's all down hill now,” Felix said by the clatter of a fresh 7.62x39mm cartridge entering the chamber of his rifle. Ridley, with only his little .22 pistol, took the rear as the others jogged down the alley. Neil was down on one knee in front of the church door, directing broad-tipped deer-slaying arrows into the gray-skin hordes. He saw the group from the alley and waved.

I like to pretend Israeli guns don't exist.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:15 pm
Freak_090
Quote:

Avast, I mis-typed. I guess I'm more used to putting x39 behind 7.62. I shall fix!  

ArmasTermin

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:22 pm
Freak_090
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

plx?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:31 pm
Moar? I'm starting to give it to you guys faster than I can write it. I don't want it catching up too far.  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:50 pm
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:40 pm
Freak_090
rofl rofl rofl  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 pm
Ok, It has been almost a week...  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Chapter 18
Felix gave an exasperated sigh and picked the receiver off his vest.

“Charity, we're inside. Two made it past us, but Neil subdued them. There's a mob outside, though. Plan Q, please.”

A simple “Okay” sounded from the microphone and a single shot bounded around from the direction of the tower. Then a piercing alarm blared in the distance, just audible over the moaning and pounding on the door. It lessened and footsteps altered, shifting. Purposes changed and the gray-skins moved.

“It's working,” Charity's voice said from the radio.

Felix shook his head and walked to the side door of the church foyer.

“What a disaster,” he said before walking through.

Neil still had his grip on the sword when he felt Eagle's hand on his shoulder.

“C'mon, man. Let's get inside.”

Neil stood there for a minute before yanking the blade free from the skull and floorboards. He swung it once with his right hand, flicking brackish blood onto the door, then slid it into the scabbard with one clean motion. He followed through the left door. There was no reason the occupants of the church would have to see the sight.

Felix passed the hall and walked through the main sanctuary of the church. Every resident in the room had their eyes on him and one woman ran up as he was half-way through the room.

“Mister Riboruba, what was that? Was that them banging on the door?”

The woman had her fingers knotted together in front of her and her hair was a mess.

“Are we safe here?”

Felix looked behind her, seeing the whole room of people just as concerned as she was. Felix opened his mouth to say something, then closed it for a moment.

“I... I would like one person from each family to join me in the bell tower tonight at seven o'clock. We need to discuss things. As for your question, yes, for this moment we are safe. There's no need to worry, or at least none more than you already are considering the circumstances.”

Felix left for the tower with the occupants of the church not much more assured than when he walked in, but he didn't turn around. He climbed the ladder and dropped his pack onto the hardwood floor. Charity turned with his entrance and let the rifle settle onto the table.

“Felix, it's not safe here.”

He settled the rifle into the corner of the room where it'd been before and rubbed his neck and shoulders a bit.

“I know that. Do we still have that radio system? I'm going to scan the channels. Maybe theres somewhere else we can stay.”

“We meaning—”

“We meaning us—all of us. An... exodus, Charity.”

“How do you plan to do that?”

“I'll think of something,” Felix said.

Ridley dropped his .22 on the folded blankets that made his bet and squatted down beside it. He brought his knees up to his chest and looked out across the room at the frightened people. He hadn't realized earlier how many families were there—not just men and women but children, elderly, teenagers. He stood and walked across the room, eyeing a boy and girl around his age by a plastered-over window.

“Hello,” he said, offering a timid wave that seemed like the only kind appropriate.

The boy turned first. He stood a few inches shorter than Ridley and had unnaturally blond hair. Wore a simple pair of jeans and a tee shirt with a leather jacket over it.

“Hey.”

“I'm Ridley. How'd you end up here? Just curious.”

“Oh, uh Gabby here and I hitched a ride from Goldstein with an old lady. It was bad in Goldstein before it was anywhere else. Some people think it started there. The lady stopped north of here so we went the rest of the way on foot. That guy Felix saved us from a mob in the city.”

“Hm, same thing happened to us. The guy with the samurai sword is Neil and the big one goes by Eagle.”

“Were those pounding noises earlier... were those really the infected people beating on the door?”

“Uh, yeah... it was.”

“They got to the inner door in the lobby place?”

Ridley looked down a bit, trying to avoid the boy's accusing stare. Or maybe there was no accusing stare and Ridley was just making the expression out to be the one he thought he deserved.

“Yeah. We closed the main doors behind them to stop any more from getting in and Neil killed them.”

The boy leaned back against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Wow. Son of a b***h that's close. If they flooded in here... I mean...”

“I know,” Ridley said, voice shaking a bit. “I know.”

The boy shook his head and put out his hand.

“By the way, I'm—”

“—hey, Bryan, isn't it?”

The two of them turned to see Felix jogging around people to the back wall towards them.

“Bryan Vanderwood, right? Didn't you say you were from Goldstein?”

“Uh, yeah. Why?”

“Come with me. Ridley you can come too if you want. Up to the bell tower.”

Ridley and Bryan looked at each other and then followed as Felix half-jogged-half-walked to the door that lead to the bell tower ladder. They climbed to the top and saw Charity finally away from her rifle, across the area from the shooting table and sitting at another with a boxy old radio transmitter.

“Bryan, I'm thinking it may be too dangerous to stay here.”

Felix took a seat by the radio and Charity listening through channels of static.

“I was using the radio to try to find people that could confirm safe zones. I've only reached ten people so far and eight of them were holed up in their own homes in dangerous areas. It's getting worse apparently. One person was in a government-run and military-protected shelter. But he said it was a pretty grim setting.”

Bryan nodded and looked at the radio for a second.

“And the last person?”

“The last person is from Goldstein,” Charity said. Felix just smiled a little and continued from her point.

“The man I talked to is in a privately run safe zone. They're using the South Goldstein High School as a shelter. He said the place was already surrounded by barbwire fence and the buildings were strong. Said they had plenty of room.”

Bryan put up his hands as if a train was coming at him.

“Goldstein? No way. That place was swarming with them when I left! It's got to be worse now.”

Felix just shrugged.

“The guy said a lot of the infected have moved on. They wander a lot. No one knows why they go where they go or for what reason they go anywhere, but they do. According to this man there are about as many infected there as here, you know, according to size. Goldstein is a lot bigger than Vista Hill.”

“Well...”

Bryan looked between Felix, Ridley, and Charity. But she didn't look back. She listened in to the static as if it were just some language he didn't know and to her it was clear as day.

“What're you asking me, anyway? If I think we should go?”

Felix shook his head.

“No. I'll ask everyone about that tonight... if you would be able to held us navigate. You know the way around the city, don't you? I've only been there once. I wouldn't feel confident in leading people around a town they may know better than me.”

“Well... I mean yeah, I know the city. If the people agree to travel there, I'll navigate for you.”

Felix smiled in his speech and rapped his knuckles once on the radio desk.

“Excellent! Now let me..”

Felix flipped through papers on the radio desk and pulled out a clean, unmarked sheet. He clicked the button on the end of a pen and handed it to Bryan.

“If you could draw out a map to Goldstein and all side-roads you can possibly remember, that would be great.”

“Oh, sure. I don't have a photographic memory or anything but I'll try.”

“Ridley?”

Ridley looked up from the paper and raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah?”

“Find Eagle if you could. I want to sort through those cans and get ready to hand them out. The people should have something of a dinner before I spring this question on them. I never like to tackle big situations on an empty stomach.”  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:24 am
"Ridley dropped his .22 on the folded blankets that made his bet and squatted down "

So when are we going to hear about the Docs situation?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 pm
Freak_090
"Ridley dropped his .22 on the folded blankets that made his bet and squatted down "

Situation?

Two blokes and a ******** load of cutlery!  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:35 pm
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090

Situation?

Two blokes and a ******** load of cutlery!

Excuse me?  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces