Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
STRATUS'S 100K GIVE AWAY CHAT/GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PEOPLE COUNTER
  +1
View Results

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:17 am
Lord Piro Goeth
you know all i have to say is i have not given any false information because i usto run the campaign with my friends at Curious Games And Comics
in alamogordo newmexico and if you do get into the game sirously you do use strings rulers and radius charts the radius charts actualy
come in an expansion that they sell there. but i dont apreciate you puting me down. all i was doing, was giving friendly advise, and maybe
you are a little to touchy about your subjects. eather way i am sorry but i dont want to be apart of a guild that puts people down i thought
this was a helpers guild not a critisizers guild and you can get mad at my spelling if you want to, and yes i know a lot about magic cards
but im not here to prove a point.

i am resigning from this guild, i am sorry for causing this trouble

nooooo! don't resign! just ignore him like we all do!
(heh, sorry dronze....hope you don't read this)  
Magnis Inferno rolled 10 100-sided dice: 93, 34, 82, 33, 13, 71, 100, 76, 98, 69 Total: 669 (10-1000)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:58 am
Hello!  

Magnis Inferno

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:31 am
Ronzalpha201
Lord Piro Goeth
you know all i have to say is i have not given any false information because i usto run the campaign with my friends at Curious Games And Comics
in alamogordo newmexico and if you do get into the game sirously you do use strings rulers and radius charts the radius charts actualy
come in an expansion that they sell there. but i dont apreciate you puting me down. all i was doing, was giving friendly advise, and maybe
you are a little to touchy about your subjects. eather way i am sorry but i dont want to be apart of a guild that puts people down i thought
this was a helpers guild not a critisizers guild and you can get mad at my spelling if you want to, and yes i know a lot about magic cards

We exist to both assist new users in becoming intelligent and positive members of Gaia, and if there's one thing I cannot stand to see on any forum, it's someone who can't construct a complete thought in the written/typed word. If you've got the time to post on a forum, you've got the time to actually make your posts intelligible and readable.

No offense taken, Ronz.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:33 pm
dronze
Ronzalpha201
Lord Piro Goeth

We exist to both assist new users in becoming intelligent and positive members of Gaia, and if there's one thing I cannot stand to see on any forum, it's someone who can't construct a complete thought in the written/typed word. If you've got the time to post on a forum, you've got the time to actually make your posts intelligible and readable.

No offense taken, Ronz.

well not really, dronze. i pop in and shut down my computer within 4 min. sometimes, i even have to force-shut it, since my mom is not supposed to know.  

Ronzalpha201

Nonemotional Knight generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 133!

Nonemotional Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:57 pm
Well, Hello To All. Sorry I havn't posted anywhere but here sweatdrop Somewhat just started doing anything on Gaia razz  
redhamster121 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 685!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 pm
hineman2
Hello!

Hi! smile  

redhamster121

redhamster121 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 411!

redhamster121

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:54 pm
Nonemotional Knight
Well, Hello To All. Sorry I havn't posted anywhere but here sweatdrop Somewhat just started doing anything on Gaia razz

Just explore, have fun and get to know people. smile  
redhamster121 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 552!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:05 pm
Ronzalpha201
Lord Piro Goeth

I agree, just ignore dronze. We all have different opinions in life. This should not be a reason to quit the guild. We have a lot of other people in the guild who enjoy chatting and do not really make a big deal out of spelling. I am a teacher, and I believe spelling is important but I also believe that having good relationships with each other in a forum is more important.
Just my little opinion. smile  

redhamster121

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:07 am
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201
Lord Piro Goeth

I agree, just ignore dronze. We all have different opinions in life. This should not be a reason to quit the guild. We have a lot of other people in the guild who enjoy chatting and do not really make a big deal out of spelling. I am a teacher, and I believe spelling is important but I also believe that having good relationships with each other in a forum is more important.
Just my little opinion. smile

good grammar rules! lolz.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 am
As a teacher, what grammatical mistakes have I been making in my sentence structure? I did pretty well as far as English was concerned. But I was put in this substandard school from late grade two. All the way until my sixth year of schooling was over. I know my paragraph form is messed up. That was something that kept me from getting decent grades in speech.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

redhamster121

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 am
LanceCalvis
As a teacher, what grammatical mistakes have I been making in my sentence structure? I did pretty well as far as English was concerned. But I was put in this substandard school from late grade two. All the way until my sixth year of schooling was over. I know my paragraph form is messed up. That was something that kept me from getting decent grades in speech.

lol I come here to play and relax not work. I can make one suggestion, it is not recommended that you start a sentence with the word "but".

If you really want, I will let you know if I notice anything. I have noticed a few things in various post but I would rather not be the grammar police. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 pm
redhamster121
LanceCalvis

lol I come here to play and relax not work. I can make one suggestion, it is not recommended that you start a sentence with the word "but".

If you really want, I will let you know if I notice anything. I have noticed a few things in various post but I would rather not be the grammar police. smile

actually you can, as long as it is a reply. it depends your writing style.
ex. Although many cars create air pollution for the environment, it is a great necessity for the average American, who travels to work in the suburban areas. But such, as statistics, have shown, has led to an increase in obesity....
etc, etc.
it's not that you can't use that word, but it is really hard to use. in fact, it took me a whole 8 minutes to think of such a use. that's why they tell amateurs not to use the word "but" and not to develop the habit of it unless you use that particular style of writing.

@ lance: my own opinion is that your sentences are too choppy and need better transition. i'll revise what you write as an exampleL

original paragraph:

my first revised version:
You being a teacher, what grammatical mistakes have i been making in the structure of my sentences? I did fairly (don't use pretty...that's elementary school talk) well, as far as my English grammar (you're comparing grammar to grammar, not grammar to the English language) is concerned, (make important use of commas) but i was put up in this substandard school from the last of my second grade of elementary school up until the end sixth grade (omit needless words!). I know my paragraph form is [messed up]* because it was something that had (tenses) kept me from getting decent grades in my speech class (you compare grades to a class, not to your speech. your teacher does not stalk you every moment of your life and grade what you say).

*find a different word...it's more kiddie talk if you speak this way...perhaps use the word "unorganized"? i don't know, you choose, since you're the writer.

revised version without the parenthesis:
You being a teacher, what grammatical mistakes have i been making in the structure of my sentences? I did fairly well, as far as my English grammar is concerned but i was put up in this substandard school from the last of my second grade of elementary school up until the end sixth grade. I know my paragraph form is [messed up]* because it was something that had kept me from getting decent grades in my {speech class}.**

**suggestion 2: speech class? i thought there were only ELA and English history classes.....you're so lucky if you have a class designated for speech....i want that class. if you do have it, then ignore this comment, if not then you should change it to English class(es)  

Ronzalpha201

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:15 pm
sorry for the long post. as for my own grammar, i don't capitalize, b/c i'm too lazy to press the shift key on my keyboard that often. i don't like using the CAPS lock key either, so don't talk about that.

@ lance: yeah, merge your sentences, but DO NOT OVER-DO IT AND CREATE RUN-ONS! YOUR TEACHER WILL HATE THEM!  
Dani0229 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 828!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 pm
I always put commas in the wrong place or forget them altogether. I keep getting in trouble for it.  

Dani0229

7,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Citizen 0

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 am
That's because the placement of a comma can change the entire meaning of a sentence.... If ever you're in doubt, read it out loud, and just put a comma in wherever you make a short pause.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff