Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings of a bunny on her day. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 pm
Well, we're bipedal creatures. This shapes our mindsets alot. If you think of it, animals being able to use their paws to do things they should not necessarily be able to is very important in...just about anything that features animals.

We're tool using, thus, that is ingrained deeply into our thought processes. Our fursona's are often upright and tool using because thats how we're wired to think.

Plus I can't imagine sex being sensual if the doggy style is the only one way you could do it...

not that I wanna discount that choice! Its just not something I'd imagine would be fun for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:03 pm
Cute outfit switch. ^.^

Tool use is certainly not exclusive to humans, what is unique is that we are tool makers.

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:05 pm
Yeah I thought I'd try a slightly less delicate look for a while, thank you! I'm not happy with the matching so much, but eh...

Okay some animals do use some tools, but are there alot of furry great apes? And outside of that, its pretty minimal.

Of course rping as something alien to your own self -is- a neat change/challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 pm
There are a few simian furries I have come across, but not many.

I have done a bit of writing as far as my characters are concerned and the background I have given them is that they are from another planet in the Milky Way and are the decedents of beings the came to be from a series of genetic experiments with creatures all over the galaxy, including ones from Earth.

The purpose of these experiments was to create slaves, but obviously humanoids make better slaves than using beasts, but the brute force of the animals tends to go behind what a normal human is capable. So why no try and get best of both worlds? The unique skills, strength and abilities of wild animals coupled with the dexterity, understanding and motor skills of humans.

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:25 pm
Origin would, I'd imagine, -be- the most difficult part.

because you'd have to adapt it from setting to setting from time to time as well, because they don't always necessarily mesh. A sci fi character in fantasy, for example..

Out of curiosity is there any 'golden rule' there? Or does it come down to courtesy?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:29 pm
Everyone tends to have their own spin on just how furries exist and the general rule is that you fallow the origin of whomever is the one that set up the RP, if you happen to be RPing. For just general discussion like this it does not really matter, but not uncommon for people to state the origin of their species while introducing themselves. Is sometimes listed in a person's profile/bio as well.  

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm
Ahh I see...

If you rp in lots of settings is it advantageous to have 'contingency origins'?

Like if I was playing a 'simmilar to real world setting' then stepped into a high fantasy setting, I'd imagine alot of changes would need to be made to personal history...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 pm
I do not know about others, but depending on the setting of the RP I will adjust the origins of my character so they fit into that world, or will at times make a whole new character just for that RP.  

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:00 pm
Ahhh, I'm a -very- slow person to make a character myself, eheh.

I've been reading a few comics recently actually, I don't know...I thought about trying to go to anthrocon but it seems like it'd be so much!

OH! Another question: What makes you choose an animal/s for your fursona? Like I know my reasons, but I'm curious to see hear someone elses.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 pm
Always interesting to see people's response to that question, there have been a few threads on this guild made just about that.

Myself it was mostly because I felt an affinity towards foxes and have always enjoyed their lore.

Well, I mention foxes and Artemis happens to be black fox and Diana is originally a silver fox, but more recently I had her take on the form of an ewe, female sheep. Always a vixen at heart, but I made the shift as an experiment and kind of a gift to someone else.

My most recent considerations is to may a hybrid of the two species for a truly unique appearance.

Selene Aries

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:24 pm
Wow, this is a pretty cool thread. <3

I chose a fox as my fursona because I like felines, but I like canines, as well. Foxes look like canines, but act cat-like at times. A happy medium. *lame* X3 I picked a silver fox because I think their pelts are beautiful. <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 pm
Pixeliciousness
Ahhh, I'm a -very- slow person to make a character myself, eheh.

I've been reading a few comics recently actually, I don't know...I thought about trying to go to anthrocon but it seems like it'd be so much!

OH! Another question: What makes you choose an animal/s for your fursona? Like I know my reasons, but I'm curious to see hear someone elses.

Sorry to cut In but I can't help but answer that question.

For me It's diffrent, my animal was given to me at almost child birth or at a very young age... sure I have black hair but at the back of my head I have an odd patch of brown hair which somehow my parents and others called me "Fox like" and in school I was rather nimble and fast and sly, avoiding trouble etc. It wasn't untill 5th grade that I got a fox plushie from my teacher that I truely admired or took notice of the fox... I felt it suited me so well even now when I walk around with my fox hat on now and then haha...

Also I took a month to study foxes and if you've ever heard of Kitsune and Nogitsune. They're fox related aswell, linking up with myths and lores of the japanese...  

RevlisAkaoniFox

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:33 pm
I think we foxes still pretty much dominate the furry scene, don't we? whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:57 pm
Artemis Vulpes
I think we foxes still pretty much dominate the furry scene, don't we? whee

As far as I know. X3 Of course, that could also be from the reputation foxes have. . . X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:30 pm
Oh Wow! so many responses, thank you everyone!

We have such an interesting split down there, and none of them are quite like my attraction to rabbits, but all simmilar!

We have both sympathy, synergy and simmilarity for reasons to choose to bond to that animal.

I always thought wolves and cats where the dominate though!

Tell me if all of you wouldn't mind, if you need to make another character is it, too, a fox, or do you use other animals as well? What about the ones I see whom are hybrid? I also see furries with wings, frequently.

Are these animal features as well, or just for the sake of art, or are they rped?  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff