Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am
Rain still pelted everything around her as Night stood, arms crossed, under a small awning of roof covering her head from far up, unsure what to do. She shivered, or maybe it was fidgeted.

Why did you even try?! Stupid stupid stupidstupidgirl!

She took a breath out shakily and turned her face up to the clouds.
Why should she care about that happens to that kid? If he was on some homicidal revenge streak, so what? He wouldn't be the first in this town alone.

He was stubborn enough, but there was something besides fury that drove him, something more self continuous. A grudge? No, it wasn't dark. Something....some scar pushed forward by fear maybe...?

Kinda like you, huh?
She grit her teeth and shoved the thought away.

He didn't shoot me...
Her raging thoughts went silent and turn all shocked attention to this one. It just happened but it was only now it hit her like a ton of bricks.
He didn't try to shoot you he just... threw it at you...

She pushed off the wall to look toward where the Mobian had gone.
What was it he had...?
An old warehouse, a few blocks from here.

Your loosing it...
She grasped the rusty metal of the fire escape and flipped her self up. Her wings snapped open. She was suddenly grateful for leathery bat wings and not damp feathers. She landed on another rooftop. From here, she could she could see an storage warehouse like how he said.

Her hands clenched to fists. She was hopeless if she was really going to-

She heard the deafening, sicking deep sound of heavy gunfire and the thunder of a building surrendering to it's destruction. Across the street to her right, wood and concrete where no mach for the rockets that quickly annihilated it. Broken concrete and shattered glass splintered the street. She heard a scream and realized it had come from her.

Fire engulfed what rubble was left. The cool of the night was dispelled by a rush of heat, even from over here. In the silhouette of furious dancing flames a satisfied metallic figure stood boldly.

She kept low to the roof and crawled as close to the edge as she could. The army, in all it's disgusting treachery, had amazing technology!

Grenade launcher, flamethrower- what was that? Oh wow, a 50 BMG!
It was horrifying. It was beautiful.

And it'll easily crush your skull in one hand's grip if you don't GET THE HELL OUTA HERE!

She cautiously rose and leaped from the shingles to the air.
On the street she ran toward the warehouse and looked over her shoulder.
She looked up at the blank brick wall.
What the...how in the world do you...?

Uh, the pulley thing.
Her eyes skimmed up and down but nothing stuck out. She was getting nervous that something was following her.

Maybe it didn't notice her...yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:14 pm
Titan stopped for a moment to survey his handiwork.Amazing what a couple grenades and rockets couple do if aimed at the right places.He swung his gaze to the large warehouse behind him and leveled his grenade launcher,only to realize that he was out of rounds,and out of missles,damn,there goes my fun.In the silence that followed the storm of flying masonry his enhanced hearing picked up the sounds of running feet and laboring breath.Yes,he thought,someone trying to escape my power,to bad for them.No one get's away from me...except for that mouse,but he's probably dead by now.Even if he wasn't,chances were he'd try to kill Titan again,yes,next time he might go about it with a little more thought but Titan had no doubt that the outcome would be the same.He smiled that nonsmile of his and slowly made his way towards the sounds,thinking about how much he was going to enjoy this.  

Daladane1991

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:01 am
Nevermore could see that the smoke was not affecting the creature. But why?... How was he able to see him coming? He cannot sense heat, as I can, so how? His thoughts were soaring as the creature's power began to build once more. How is it that this hedgehog is even standing? He draws in energy, but that's as much as I know. The fight was at a stand-still while Nevermore contemplated the recent actions of the hedgehog, so that he could understand. He pulls in energy, and it seems to give him strength, but when he releases it, he loses that strength, gaining a violent attack power in that release. So, in order for him to pull in energy he has to sense it... perhaps, he can sense my own energy..... yes... but wait, I'm not mobian... I don't have their kind of life force, their energy. But he must sense me, it's the only way he would be able to avoid my attack. He senses something within me. Nevermore searched for answers within his own data. What gives me life? What is my source of energy?

As the answers came, he knew that he did not have the time to keep processing the information, there was simply to much all at once and it would take more time to sort it all out. As the information flowed, his eyes burned red. The light emanating from them intensified. "I must have answers!" Nevermore charged at the creature, loosing his hammer at him with all the force he could. The weapon's speed was intense, leaving Nevermore's hand at incredible velocity. Even if the hedgehog senses the weapon's heat energy from the shear speed it's traveling, he will not be able to avoid it in time. They wont want this mobian dead, not with the secrets his power holds. They'll want to know how we can harness this ability and use it as our own. I'll send a squad to take him to a holding facility. I must incapacitate the creature, and return to base to find my answers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm
Robert's gaze swept across the room. It had been a long time since he had seen this place. Maybe years. Robert built this place with his bare hands. Well... Nearly. After a lot of failed craftsmanship, the normal door that was used to get into the freezer was taken out, new wood was placed in, and painted. He never bragged but, he did a good job on that wall. Though. The new pulley entrance that is used wasn't his idea. Still. Building this place was half the memories.

Robert remembered the fear. The times he hid in this dark room, knowing that that night may be his last. The times he would starve for days because of the thought of who he would kill, or who would kill him.

Rapture had never been friendly. These streets had taken his home, his family, his innocence. Yet, this was all he had, and it was in ruin.

What do you do when the last part of your life is outside shouting in agony? This question kept racing in Rob's head. I never asked for this. Why is it up to me? Why couldn't I have died long ago? Robert left his sweater on the heater as he headed into the back room. He had to do something, besides hide. He needed to help.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm
Damnit, this was doing no good.
Soaking wet, shaking weak, and frustrated, there was no freaking way in there.

She stepped back, still in the shadows. She did her best to breath, but it was ragged.
And she wasn't alone.
Menacing, adamant, bloodthirsty, without moving she could hear the heavy metallic feet. Closer, closer.

What to do? Impulsively, her hands twitched to the Beretta.
9MM to that? Nu uh...

She swallowed hard; calm... Quietly, quick as she could while still hidden, slipped around the building. She jumped up on a metal railing and edged herself as flat against the brick, in the shade, as she could. She did her best to concentrate but the lingering effects of the prison weakening made it difficult. She couldn't concentrate on her powers and it hurt her head.

One hand on the gun. She held her breath.
You just need to get it away.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:35 pm
The hedgehog strained to hold his hand in one place as he gathered the energy he needed for his attack. Why did he stop? He's giving me the time I need. What... what is that machine thinking?

"I must have answers!"

Ronin felt the source of the robot's energy surge forward, but not as quickly as it had before. A full frontal charge? But it must understand that I could easily dodge... It was at this moment that Ronin heard a piercing whistle. Something... flying? Flying towards me? He gritted his teeth, and opened his eyes. Whatever it is, I can't move fast enough to dodge it. He raised his hand, and unleashed the energy he had been holding in it. I didn't get enough time, nut I have no choice.

"CHAOS FLASH!" A funnel of incendiary energy erupted from his hand, and would have incinerated anything in that range, had there been anything to incinerate. Ronin instinctively knew the machine was not close enough to be hit by anything more than the very edge of the attack, and now that his eyes were open, he could see the hammer flying at him through a part in the smoke. It was moving too fast to be harmed by the energy.

The haft of the hammer struck Ronin square in the forehead. Everything began to go black. His legs collapsed beneath him. This is where it ends... He collapsed in a heap in the mud. His breathing was ragged, his heartbeat weak. I should have tried harder...

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm
The walk had been long and perilous, trudging through the wastes toward the General's Base of Operations.

More like BORING. Walking and walking and WALKING...

Oh, just shut it and quit your whinin!!

Why? I'm not wrong...

Throughout the trip, Rage hadn't said a single word. Scowling and glaring at the ground, he had stomped rather than marching for the duration of the trek, causing quite a bit of dust for the soldiers behind him to deal with. He also hadn't ordered a camp be made to allow them rest.

Why should he?? They don't deserve rest!!

He was being somewhat judgmental about the situation.

NO WAY!! This isn't his fault!! IT'S HAMBURGER'S!!

As Rage barreled along, gritting his teeth as he went, one of the mobians in his ranks approached his position and made the mistake of speaking.
"SIR! If I may? The troops need rest! At this rate, they'll--"

The instant he was addressed, he stopped dead, causing the soldier to falter in his words.

Will they noW!?

Rage came to an abrupt stop, almost as though he had hit an invisible wall. He stood stock still, teeth bared and grinding, sweat rolling down his cheek, his pupils quivering ever so slightly as he stared unseeing over the horizon.

"Halt."

The utterance was so slight, so silent only he himself could hear what he had said. Only just more than a whisper.

Wait, what? I didn't catch that...

You couldn't catch your breath!

I don't have breath!

Exactly!! I win!!

Cut it out. This is a serious post. The soldier took an uneasy step forward.
"S--Sir? What was--"

In a split second, Rage spun around to face him, a tick taking over his right eye as he opened his mouth as wide as it could spread. He paused for a small time, neither one of them breathing, his gaping maw looking as though it was gathering energy, or perhaps sucking in any happiness that might be offending his air.

Then, the air flow reversed.

Rage began to spew incoherent slurs at the unsuspecting young Mobian, startling him enough that he faltered, trying to put some distance between them.

"How COULDJ-- I DON’T CARZEZ!! JAA! WHY dON,T ChoO GO Swab S0m3 One”Z OwT howSS??! dONT’ Yuou HAve aNYTHINGS ElzE TO d0??!! I dUn nUUTt anSweRe TWo JOO! !! ! I ShoUldN*T haVe to ExxPLAne MY ORdeRZS tO0 Y0OU ! ! !! !gO F!Nd soMETH!ng tO SH00T! ! !! ! HOW d0 yo0 exskpect mE TO LeAD THesE -- yeR... WHy won"t you JuSHT leave... LEAVE !! "

Yeah!! LeavE me ALOen! !

LeaEV THE lEADing to ME!!

LEggO My EGGOS!!! !! !!!! !

!! !!

"HEY !! Where exACTLY arE yaGON!NH???!"

"Yaaah!"
The soldier nearly jumped out of his boots. He had decided it would be in both their best interests to follow what he discerned to be an order.
"Sir! Y... You said to leav--"

"WR0NG! !! GeT bACk !nTO rANKsZ !! ... ! WE W!ll mOVE OWT !MED!ATLYY! ! !!"

With that, Rage spun around, his feet digging a rough circle into the dry, dusty dirt, and started forward. He tripped briefly on a small rock, but recovered before the privates who had taken it upon themselves to rush to his aid could reach him.

"GEt BACK !nTO--"

!nTO y0uRE RAnkZS ! ! !!

"DO0N*t f!n!SH mmY SENTENCES! ! ! !!!"

WhO gAVE y00 The RIGHT TO yelL ATT MeE! ?? ?!

"!"*LL BL0ODEY YELLz ATT HOO ! WAANTS TWO !! !!"

bloody... mmm...

How did we get myself INTO this mess anyway?

WHOO CARZE ?? !!?

I'm just curious. Let's find out, wanna??

N0O! !!! !

Psh. I don't care. It all started back in Rapture........

Rage's inner Rhyme
Ooh, does that mean I get the black letters!? COOOL!!

Ok, so, first-- HEY!!

I don't think so. Gimme a break.

I was tryin to!

No. The troops had just finished froming ranks.

"Alright, men, let's move out! I want--"

Don't forget Hamburger!!

"Yes, yes, he's coming. I want Master Sergeant Hamb-- Kenderson."

Hamburger! He's Hamburger!!

"No. Kenderson. I want Hamburger Kenderson right here, on my left side for the whole trip back to base!"

Hey, can you remind me where that is...?

"No, I'm not to telling where base is, you lummox!"

I am NOT a lummox!! You're just mean to me...!

"No, I... Oh, stick it!"

As he was dealing with the quarreling inner Rhymes and Reasons... Wait. Dooes it seriously say "Rage's inner Rhyme Wrote"?? You are impossible. Anyway, John approaced the conflicted echidna.

"Uh... Excuse... Sir... Excuse me... SIR!"
Oooohh, boy. Did I go too far with that...?

"Yes, Master Sergeant Hambur-- John Kenderson?"

MasterBurger!!

"Shut up. He has something to say. It's more important than..."

But I wanna talk to him!

Why should you be the one to talk to him?? I wanna!

NNOO!! MEE!

"No! You need to say something?"

"I... Yes, Sir! I have a request to make!"

"Oh, is that so?"

He wants to make a request?

"Yup, that's what he said!"

Reqwesty!!

Cool!

I don't give requests.

REQUEST ARE CLOSED!!

I'll give him one! umm... what do they look like...?

NEVER!!!

"Quiet back there!"

B-but I... sniff...

"If you cry..."

"Uhh... I-- Sir? If I may? I would like very much to stay here and help Colonel Nevermore return this city to a peaceful state, thus making it a city of value under the General's command."

I JUST WANNA TALK TO HIM!!

And how would you go about that?

"Would you--"

Can't you just lemme ask him question?? Please??

"No, he's trying to talk! Just..." It was at that moment that Rage realized what John had said. His arguing stopped dead. It was as if someone near and dear to his heart had died. He stood staring in disbelief, his outlandishly small pupils quivering ever so slightly. "You... What?"

"I... Well, Sir, you know I'm much more effective as a restorer of order... And, uh... I, well, I'm just more useful here than anywhere else, Colonel. Besides, Sir, didn't the message from Base say you were going to a promotion ceremony? That wouldn't include me, since you just promoted me."
"Wh-- ah... I... No! Unaccepta--"
You didn't agree to it, did you??
"No, I didn't agree! It's unacceptable! You... You will come with me! And stand--"
But I can't stand it!!
"Shut it-- stand right there!!"

Rage noticed Kenderson's stance stiffen for just a second, before continuing.

HA! Little worried there? YOU SHOULD BE!

"Colonel... Sir, as Master Sergeant I have an obligation to finish what my superiors start."

He faltered as he uttered these words, clearly expecting a strong reaction.

Yeah? Well he's gonna GET--

But before one could arise, he finished his thought.

"I... I need to stay here, and put this city back together. Please, Sir. I'm needed. Here.

Colonel Rage appeared to be having some kind of mild convulsions.

I... that actually made some sense...

What? Are you INSANE??

Funny you should ask...

Yeah, I guess it does make some sense...

"But he--"

He's STAYING!!! ALONE! !! DON'T you GET THAT?! DO I HAVE to SpeLl ITT out FoR YOU!! ?

"No, no you don't..."

But he did such a good job last time!

"Well, that is true... But--"

Maybe he's just too nice for you to twist to your liking.

"No! That doesn't matter!"

Sure it does. He's too good a boy for you to screw up, and it bugs you! It matters a lot!

"No, it does NOT! Wha--"

You need to let him do this. It's not like you have much choice. If you don't, you'll just be sorry later.

HEY! Who are YOU to TElL Me whAt CHOIce HE has! !? !!?

Huh? Be sorry?

"wait, Why?"

Because if you force him to always stay at your side, someone else is going to think he's special enough that they'll want to take him for themselves.

Wow. That actually makes some sense...

Wait, what'd he say?

HE SAID IF WE MAKE HIM COME EVEERY TIME, SOMEONE ELSE IS GONNA STEAL HIM!!

"... Oh. Right" Rage let out a huge sigh, of what appeared to be resignation, and fell silent. He stood for a few moments, quite statuesque, before finally leering sideways at John. With narrowed eyes and slumped shoulders, Rage muttered through grinding teeth his reply.
"Fine."

John's eyes immediately lit up, betraying his vain attempts at concealing his elation. The stifled display of joy frayed what was left of Rage's nerves.

"BUT!!"

Rage was quite satisfied to see Kenderson's mood fall somewhat short of rapture.

Just like where we are now!

"Y-- yes, Sir?"

"You will agree never to make a request like that again! I won't just--"

Yeah! Never! Got that?!

I think he--

"DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO INTERRUPT ME?!"

Jeeze!! You got a problem??

He's got lots!

"No, I--"

Five issues... six issues...

I said problems, not issues!!!

Eight issues...

"Stop! St0p! I w!LL NOT be paWn!ng ofF my... YoU w!ll stay !n mY uN!t!!"

Did you know that when you get angry, your "I's" become "!'s"?

"Yes, ! DO, he--"

Does hAMbURGer UndERZZSTAnd?! !

"YeS!! He getS !t now! Shut UP! Hamburger! Kenderson! dO yOU UNDERSZZTAND?!"

John was taken aback, having obviously not expected such an outburst, but managed to find his words to answer. Barely.

"Y-- Yes... Sir, I, uh, understand completely! You, uh, you don't have to worry about that... uh, Sir!"

Rage's demeanor immediately brightened, the dark cloud that seemed to have accumulated drifting off to bring pain to someone else. "Ok, then! Shall w--"

I wanna go now. This is just too stressful, what with people being so selfish and stuff.

"Oh, yeah, I know. Let's go! TROOPS! MOVE OUT!! NOW!!"

For a moment, John just stood there, watching as Rage truned to march off with his jaw on the ground. But then, who could blame him?

Oh yyeeeaaah! I remember now!

The unit had been resting in attention for the past half hour. While Rage lay on his back in the baking sun. He had allowed them to drink rationed amounts of water while he rested, but forbidden them to sit, or even relax their muscles by dismissing them from attention. Rage stood up, ignoring the dirt and dust covering his unofficial jacket and the back of his head.

"Ok, troops! No more sitting around!! Get up and get going!!"

Getcher rears into gears!

No, there's just one gear!

HWHY sHOUlD ! CareZ AboUT THAt? !!?

GET M0v!nG NOw! !!"

With a collective sigh, the troops began marching toward base once more. In most minds, only one thought was truly present.

Only a while longer... We're almost there...

~~~~~

This is Shawna Hart, with breaking news involving worldwide monopoly Chaotica. Mutli-Billionaire Richard Pris, owner and CEO of Chaotica has announced a new, money saving product for consumers. Here is a live feed of the press conference currently taking place downtown, where Mr. Pris himself is in the process of explaining.

*'-- am happy to introduce to you the very latest in energy saving technology! Don't be fooled by its mundane appearance, as with many things, it is, in fact, the innards of this machine that make it beautiful! I now present you with the A.C.E., and Dr. Daniel McCria, lead scientist of our Eco-Diverse Division, who will give an in depth explanation of the device!'*

*'Ahem… Yes, thank you, Mr. Pris. First off, this device is designed to save mass amounts of energy in your home or small business, but a larger, more powerful model is also available for larger corporations. All Chaotica-owned companies will be provided with one by their head resource manager. Any… ahem, non-Chaotica companies are instead eligible for tax breaks upon purchase. Now then, on to business. This device is, in fact, quite revolutionary in many respects. The main functioning component is a newly discovered naturally occurring chemical with very powerful energy producing traits. As the electric energy is guided into the input device in the side here, the liquid, which has been branded the title “Emeralite”, absorbs the energy from the electricity-thus leaving it to dissipate harmlessly-and multiplies it tenfold. The excess energy is then re-routed into a highly insulated backup electrical box, storing it until needed. Whenever the backup box is at a state of more than “half full”, the A.C.E. cuts off the electrical power source and causes the energy residing inside the box to be used first. When the box reaches “one quarter”, the A.C.E. reconnects the circuit, thus allowing the flow of electricity into its chambers. If the A.C.E. were to be used by every home and building, as would be ideal, the city’s energy use would be reduced by a one thousand percent margin.'*

*'Wonderful, very well said Doctor! Thank you for lending your deep knowledge on this extensive project! Now, I have the great privilege of announcing that the A.C.E. is in fact ready for purchase! For information, just go to ww--'*

That would-- Maybe with that, my family could afford to move back into our house! I wonder if the General would pay for--

"GET BACK INTO RANKS!! What exactly do you think you're DOING!?"

What is it today with poeple leaving their ranks...?

WHo cARSE? TTHey neEDto SHTOPPit! !!

Dude... Get a grip... Yer gonna get ME all mad too!

"Aahh--! YES SIR! RIGHT AWAY SIR!!"

Rage leered at the soldier as he hastened back to his spot.

What was so exciting, so riviting, so attention grabbing, so--

STOP IT!

Fine! Sheesh! So enrapturin--

MAGIC BOX! MAGIC BOX!!

"AAAHHHGGGHH!!! CUT IT OUT!! We have more important things to do!"

Yeah! Like getting more power!

W00T! Promotion ROCKS!

As Rage led the troops between the towering buildings and through the secluded backstreets of the massive city, the sounds of the world around could be heard. People rushing about, on their way to get their nails done, to buy groceries, to get to work. All the while never knowing what lay in their own back yards.
The Army.
Up ahead, Rage could see the Barracks, looking almost like an award show on T.V. He ordered a halt, unable to resist taking in the surroundings. Humvees took the place of limos bringing high influence guests to see who would get what awards, bouncers guarding the doors replaced by armed military guards. The main thing that was still missing were camera crews.

They LIKE me! They really LIKE me!

No one likes you.

HEY!

Shh! Rage took a hesitant step forward, finding for the first time that he was actually somewhat nervous. After all, what if they didn't like him?

"Hey! That's supposed to be my line!"

Not that it would be odd if they didn't. They would just end up joining the majority of those on the planet.

Now that was uncalled for!

Yet, oddly true...

SHUT IT! You're not helping!

Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He led the troops into the building and took his usual 'promotion receiving' place. The Barracks was packed. He looked around impatiently and waited. Usually, the General was here waiting for him, but this time he was nowhere to be seen.

Ugh... Wasn't it HIM who sent for US? You'd think he'd be ready...

~~~~~

Just below the highly packed Barracks, a small, unranked robot entered a darkened room and announced his arrival. Looking into the darkness, the only things that could be discerned by it's simplistic video feed were the occasional flash of metal as a long arm; like those that used to assemble cars; momentarily entered the light from the door, and a prominent, shadowed figure sitting with his right arm outstretched for the mechanical device to work on.

>{SIR. THEY HAVE ARRIVED SIR. THE PROMOTION CEREMOY CAN NOW COMMENCE SIR.}<

In the darkness, the glisten of open flesh and blood being peeled away could be seen, as well as wet metal underneath. A tiny red light suddenly lit up, indicating the figure's right eye. He stood and stepped into the light of the doorway, ignoring the groping protests of the device operating on his open arm. There stood the toned figure of a cougar, standing tall and distinguished even with his skin peeled back, revealing a fully metallic right arm. His face was split down the middle, to the same effect as his arm, his red eye flashing every so often in the direction of his messenger. He wore a pristine green baret, and an officer's dress coat hung on a hook near the chair he had been sitting in. On the shoulder could just be made out five stars arranged in a circle. He answered in a deep, authorative voice that betrayed extensive amounts of experience leading others.
"Good. Alert those waiting that I will be present momentarily. Shirt."
At this command, the arm reached over to him holding his dress shirt.
>{YES SIR GENERAL SIR. LEAVING AT ONCE SIR.}<
"Tie. Give this alert personally, not as an order to another. Arm wrap."
>{YES SIR GENERAL SIR.}<
With that the little messenger hurried off to carry out his orders, leaving the General to finish stitching up his arm in order to fit it into his sleeve.
"Coat."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm
A door opened at the back of the right hand side of the large auditorium. The room hushed. All side conversations seamed to cease at the same instance. From the shadows beyond the door marched the massive frame of one Colonel Rowan "Thunderfist" Winters, each step causing the metal bolted to the heels of his boots to create a reverberating and chilling cadence. He was wearing the military's dress uniform, which almost appeared to be an expensive business suit, had it not been for the massive rack of decorations pinned over his right breast. His light, steel- blue fur seemed to gleam in the light filling the room. He did not look to the left, or the right as he marched. His attention was affixed to what lay directly in front of himself. His limbs moved in perfect coordination, making him seem to be nearly mechanical in his movements. Only the slightest rising and falling of his chest as he took in and let out breath betrayed his continued mortality. The crowd seemed to cower away from him as he strode past, a look of awe and fear plastered on every soldier's face. As he approached the stage at the front of the auditorium, he marched directly up the stairs, and took a sharp turn to his left, then he stopped just before a small podium, and brought his heels together with an audible 'click'. With a quick motion of his feet, he was facing the audience. He stood there, motionless, for a brief moment before bellowing in his booming voice. "ROOM, TENCH- HUT!"

The audience snapped to attention, simultaneously. A nearly perfect motion. "Attention to orders! All personnel remain standing as the official party enters!" He turned quickly to his left, and marched over to where Colonel Rage was in line. Nothing was said. No more words needed to be spoken. His perpetual scowl the only clue that he did not relish being so close to the chaotic echidna.

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Daladane1991

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 am
Titan stopped suddenly,slightly frustrated,because the sounds had stopped.Then his eyes slowly rose above to a balcony above him and the mobian's heat signature was there clear as day.He smiled smugly,thinking,ha,if I'd been a living creature,she might've gotten away with it,to bad for her.He started to bring his machine gun barrel up to lock on her,but then he stopped and lowered it.Instead he spoke,not loudly,but loud enough that she could hear him clearly."Nice try,next time try to remember that i've got heat seeking vision,meaning it's nearly impossible to hide from me,now come down and I might let you live".He smiled to himself,not that I have any intention of letting her live,but she doesn't know that,and h***,what choice does she have.He was gonna enjoy this moment,whether she decided to run for it or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 am
Well, if this feeling of dread wasn't sickeningly crushing yet, it defently was now.

Again, hesitance in what to do. She held her breath again, clenching her gun with both hands so they wouldn't shake, and poked out an inch to see around the balcony's brick alcove. He was waiting, and it was horribly threading.

She was completely cornered, hopeless. She slowly digested the words he had spoken.

"...now come down..."
He wants me at close range. He hasn't killed me yet only because he must be out of that heavy artillery. Coming to him would show submission and catch me off guard.

"...and I might..."

MIGHT.

"...let you live."
Pause. W-what...?

LIVE
Heh... Mercy huh? They h...hadn't given me an option before...

A shaken breath inward. She had to choose now; he wouldn't wait there forever.
Her hands pealed off the messenger bag, slowly, no sudden motions.

A calm, deep breath outward. She stepped out of the shadows her hands halfway in the air, to show she was armed. One hand Beretta, the other the notebook. Her face didn't look away from the ground.

Although a robot, she could imagine the smugness he might of had, if he could. She put the notebook in her mouth to grab the railing. Both feet poised on the metal railing she crouched to jump down off the balcony back into the rain, back to restraint. Back to military custody. Back to surrender... Right?

Dead wrong.

Klang! In a fury, she shoved off the second story balcony railing, maybe 20 feet in the air now. Both hands snapped to the Beretta, locked elbows. Surrender be damned! Her finger jerked back the trigger maybe a little more forcefully than required.

She hadn't locked her shoulders so the recoil was slightly brutal, but it just feed the flames. She bit harder into the book and subconsciously fired again. The shots would do nothing to him of course, ricochet at the most, but it would redirect his attention.

Foosh, wings out to catch the air and make it to the next rooftop. It was raining by the gallons making it hard to see. With that, she over launched the landing and hit the roof almost in a roll, scrambling for balance. She made it over at least.

She only gave herself a second to re-catch her breath. She grabbed the roof's edge and threw herself into the back ally. The notebook was shoved into the inside into her trench coat.

A single shot could tear through me. I'm weaker, my gun is almost pitiful. Unlike you, I'll eventually get fatigued. I do have an aerial advantage, but it's suppressed in this rain.
You may be stronger, but louder, unwieldy. Your armor is heavy but so are you. I'm nimble and faster.

Let's hope it's easy enough to lose you.

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

Daladane1991

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm
Titan barreled down the alley after the bat,thoughts whirling,how could he let her get away,he was sure he could've caught her in the air with his machine gun,but she'd been so fast,he roared in anger at his stupidity.But he wasn't gonna make the same mistake again,next time he saw her she was dead.Then he rounded a corner and saw a flash of movement,he sprayed bullets at it,or at least tried to,but nothing happened.He stopped and ran a quick scan of his machine gun and then he let out another roar as he reached back and ripped the knife out of his shoulder.The damn thing had cut his machine gun belt,severing his ammo supply,who the f*** did this???after a few seconds his thoughts returned to the bat,"I don't need my guns to kill her",he snorted,unsheathing his hammer and axe,and then he took off again after her.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 am
What was that? It sounded like. . . I've heard that sound before. Weyetek took off running in the direction of the explosions and as he did, he could see the light of fire on the skyline. He cut into an alley way to get to the next street so he could get a better view of the situation. Halfway through the alley he had to jump to the right to avoid smashing into a figure racing away from whatever was going on.

"STOP! PLEASE!" The creature turned and Weyetek saw a young bat, a female. She stopped and looked at him as if he were crazy.

"What's going on? What are you running away from?" Weyetek said this as fast as he could, she looked as if she were about to run at any second.

"Military," Her words where also quick and panting. "They have some kind of invincible mechanical hell hound."

"I will hold off the machine, get somewhere safe, and fast. I don't know how long I will be able to hold it off." She looked shocked, then sharply nodded. Though tense, it was indescribably grateful. As the bat turned to go, Weyetek watched her. He knew he would see her again, if he survived.

As he further ran down the alley toward the newly demolished building. The rhino dropped down into the alleyway off of the rooftop at the other and and began running toward him. The bat was right, this metallic rhino was very powerful. As Weyetek charged, he threw one of his throwing axes aimed directly for the machine's chest. He drew his tomahawks and bared his teeth as he closed the distance between the huge robot and himself....

Tasson

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:55 pm
Some of Robert's darkest secrets were in this room. All the things he had tried to block from his memory, were scattered across the room. The 'war room.' Old newspaper articles were cut out and taped across the walls. On the wall separating this nightmare to the rest of the makeshift hideout was a gun rack. Chalk full of handguns, AKs, even a beat down SPAS-12. Rob could instantly recognize the missing place on the rack, waiting for a specific 44 to lay down among the rest.

He had held on to his gun ever since he had left home. It was the only remaining artifact of his family. Except for- Rob walked down the small corridor to single out a dusty newspaper article, reading: "Going Rogue: The Death of a Cop" Just seeing the headline brought a tear to Rob's eye. He had read this page far to many times. Just under the headline showed a black and white photo of a freshly dug grave. Above it was a cross coming out of the ground with a name engraved on it that had kept him up for more nights than he could ever remember. Rob wiped off the dust covering the picture with two damp fingers, seeing the name. "Steven Davis."

"Another tale of 'who dunnit?' The body of former police officer Steven Davis was
recovered in an alley across from a suspected hot spot of the well known 'Wild Stallions.'
A gang that dominates the slums of Raptures south-western district.
Steve was a family man. He left behind a wife and son, a good home,
and a police force that will miss him dearly. Although a dark side may have lurked in this man.
After interviewing Sherrif Johnson on the subject,

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-Continued on page 6

Rob turned away from the old paper. Sometimes he just couldn't bare to read it. Who did they think they are? Leaving him out to dry until page six? Most of this anger came from the fact that Robert never SAW page six. The rest of the story was a mystery to him. Well, not all of it.
He dropped the badge to go take on the Stallions on his own... and got himself killed. Rob's anger was resurfacing. Which was good. He would need to be in a rage to be able to kill like this. What he was about to do was more than defending himself, like it always was before. Every life Rob had ever taken was by means of self defense. They were the ones to make the first move. Except for, Dave. He was nearly innocent.

Finally he understood why the thought of that mobians corpse being waterlogged in the torrent of rain scared him so much. That man was the first person Rob had been forced to make the first shot on. He had killed an innocent man in cold blood. Robert was a murderer.

Still. He shouldn't be so hard on himself. He was one of those bastards. Simply one of many. Killing seemed to becoming a way of life. He'd finally jumped on the bandwaggon. Though the fear of doing the same thing he did to Dave ten, twenty, maybe even a hundred times over, was powerful. It was about time Rob toughed up.

There was no time to mourn in this chaotic new world. There was no home, no loved ones, nothing except for his own life. The power of Rob's thoughts brought him to his knees. Not sure what to do, he folded his hands, and whispered. Please. Heve mercy on me for what I'm about to do. Robert wasn't afraid of dying. Those demons were silenced long ago. The only impor-

A muffled sound broke Rob's train of thought. He got up in fear somebody was coming. His first instinct was to pick up an AK and listen to the far wall of the back room. Some mechanical cry kept on echoing through the freezer. Nearly silent, but there. Robert tried to cast aside everything he was thinking before hand so that the noise would become clear. Still, all he heard was the metallic scream. Although. There was something else. He heard, laughter, inside of the noise. It has to be the army! Robert was psyched up and ready to kill. Ready to avenge his hometown. Ready for blood. He stormed back out into the main room to put his sweatshirt back on. It was still damp, but that wasn't a problem right now. Robert picked up his AK and started for the area of wall he had come in from.
Still trembling slightly from reading the name of his father, Rob was a little uneasy.

If you open this door. There IS no turning back. Every day will become a fight for your life. Each scenario must be faced as 'Kill or be Killed.' I may starve. I may never acomplish a thing. But I must still fight. This is my last chance.

Rob opened the door and saw the moonlight clearer than ever before.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 pm
Rook stumbled slightly as his vison blurred ever so slightly. His cargo pants becoming a dark brown instead of their usual dull tan color. But he kept walking a look of grim determination on his face... he needed to get to the end of this block to the army... to a bed and a doctor.
"s**t... I'm losing to much blood. At this rate i will pass out in the next ten minutes. But... I... Gotta keep... Going."
A few more minutes and he could see the outpost a block away. He could hear the commotion going on their obviously from the explosion.
"Maybe that could help me... I don't think i can make it to the end of the block without going under."
Walking to the side of a building he slammed his back on to the wall and slid down into a sitting position. Taking his "new" pistol out of it's holster raised it up in the air and squeezed the trigger. Letting several loud bangs sound out into the nearly silent night. He kept firing hoping to get some ones attention and then darkness claimed him.  

Puff O Puff

TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces