Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 am
Quote:

You kept saying "The rules are the rules and the law is the law".
You should have specified that morality getting in the way but again there is a lot of laws that have nothing to do with your safety and some that wouldn't conflict with morality that WILL definitely take away freedom.

Quit being so negative icon_gonk.gif I meant it strictly "like a b***h to it's master", there are other more brutally fitting insults to throw but that would be distracting from the discussion.

No insult over the internet can affect me. That would pretty dumb.
Quote:

Damn you beat me to it. And if you live in any size city you are breathing a low amount of exhaust as you step outside. Marijuana smokers are too few to create smog. As long as smoking marijuana is restricted like it's more destructive friend cigarettes you'll only get the rare whiff from the odd user standing too close to a building entrance [and you'll still inhale it less often than cigarette smoke or car exaust].

Okay heres something for you to munch on.

If weed becomes legal, the government would take a hold on all of the weed transaction throughout the country and only the government and a select amount of business corporations would be able to sell it. Since they can officially control the price of weed, they can choose to make it cost as much as they want to make it cost (I.E. tax the hell out of it like cigarettes.) So then people would see it as unfair and start making illegal dealings in which the Government and the Companies that own the products would respond with arrests on selling "bootlegged" products and more people would be in jail, because when it comes from taking possible money from the Gov and the companies, they will come down on a person like no other force imaginable.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 am
Hydra Alpharius
If weed becomes legal, the government would take a hold on all of the weed transaction throughout the country and only the government and a select amount of business corporations would be able to sell it. Since they can officially control the price of weed, they can choose to make it cost as much as they want to make it cost (I.E. tax the hell out of it like cigarettes.) So then people would see it as unfair and start making illegal dealings in which the Government and the Companies that own the products would respond with arrests on selling "bootlegged" products and more people would be in jail, because when it comes from taking possible money from the Gov and the companies, they will come down on a person like no other force imaginable.

I can't see what's wrong with this result.

Don't you want Weed money out of the pockets of Bloodz and Crips?  

The Curse

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:06 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

You kept saying "The rules are the rules and the law is the law".
You should have specified that morality getting in the way but again there is a lot of laws that have nothing to do with your safety and some that wouldn't conflict with morality that WILL definitely take away freedom.

Quit being so negative icon_gonk.gif I meant it strictly "like a b***h to it's master", there are other more brutally fitting insults to throw but that would be distracting from the discussion.

No insult over the internet can affect me. That would pretty dumb.

And yet, you came unglued when you thought he called you a b***h. So, yeah, so much for that argument.

Quote:
Quote:

Damn you beat me to it. And if you live in any size city you are breathing a low amount of exhaust as you step outside. Marijuana smokers are too few to create smog. As long as smoking marijuana is restricted like it's more destructive friend cigarettes you'll only get the rare whiff from the odd user standing too close to a building entrance [and you'll still inhale it less often than cigarette smoke or car exaust].

Okay heres something for you to munch on.

If there was even a REMOTE amount of truth to that, then let me explain 2 points:

1) Then why the hell can I sell someone a cigarette or even a pack of them, for my own personal profit, and there's no swarm of cops that come flying down the street to haul my a** in?

Under your example, The minute I handed someone a cigarette, and they hand me some money, the cops should come zooming down the street, after me, for taking money out of government pockets.

But, that does not happen. So, selling a joint, would only logically have the exact same "no one gives a ********" result. Especially when the cops don't know it's even going on.

2) Well, seeing as how people are already being thrown in jail for simple POSSESSION of marijuana, I don't believe that incarceration rates would actually go "up". They just wouldn't go "down" QUITE as much.

Either way, it's not a big deal, even in your highly illogical fantasy world.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:46 pm
Quote:
And yet, you're not arguing to ban cars, even though they're worse than marijuana.

Because cars are actually necessary. Marijuana is not.
Quote:
And yet, you have no intention of banning these things, because of the possibility of overdose.

Once again because unlike Marijuana, those things are necessary.
Quote:
And I've debunked them.

No you haven't. All you've done is throw volley of miscellaneous text speech at me.
Quote:

He also didn't have quite the lifestyle that we have today. He didn't have bills to worry about. He didn't have the kind of stress that drives people insane, today.

And marijuana is good for other things, too. For someone going through Chemo Therepy, it can help them retain their appetite, so they don't starve to death. And it even treats glacoma. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

You're right. He didnt have the kind of stress that people had today. He had MUCH WORSE stress than people have today. Surviving Ice chills, fending off wild animals, traveling everywhere looking for shelter? Those problems were much worse than what we normally face today. Bills? Bills cant eat you. People now a days are all a bunch of big baby's and you know its true. Technology has done a lot of amazing wonders but it has also made humanity as lazy as s**t.

Once again I believe I said that for medical purposes its okay...

Quote:

Because marijuana is common as ******** already, and nothing particularly awful has come from it, aside from drug deals going sour. And that problem would disappear if it were legal.

Hell, some of the guys I work with are known stoners, and they work just as good as anyone else.

Ah see you are not looking into the future of it. Here read what I wrote to Magmayoshi:

See everything would change and you know its true. It happened with cigarettes so it can happen with weed.
Quote:

You said that "until this issue is resolved" that you'd see us as "enemies" everywhere you see us.

A good debater does not do that. Fres and I have had disagreements. Hell, we are currently in opposition in one, but we keep our disagreements in the debates. He doesn't "hate my guts, and be a p***k to me, until I tell him he's right", and vice versa

Keywords: Until THIS is over.

And I never said I would see you as enemies everywhere else. No what good debater does is stay on topic unlike what most of you guys are doing. I dont hate any of your guts so dont make it seem like I do.
Quote:

What the ******** do you mean by that? icon_confused.gif

Im sorry if this may horrify you but

User Image

and your comments like

"NUU! DAT'S ILLEGUL!!"
and
"ITZ BADD 4 YEW!"
and
"YEW SHUDUNT SMOAK DOWP B-CUZ I FEAL ITZ UH WAYST OV TIEM N MUNEYZ!!"

are very very reminiscent of LOL CATS.
Quote:
It wasn't "sleep" I had to leave for, it was work. I work 3rd shift.

From the way you put it, it seemed like you had to go to sleep.
Quote:

Sure, but that brings up the questions:

Would me meeting this person be beneficial?

If not, then I'm better off not meeting them.

Would I even be ABLE to save their life? And would I even BOTHER to try, given the chance?

If not, then there's no difference made, except I get to be free of guilt (if I would feel guilty otherwise).

Would impacting their day be a good thing, or a bad thing?

Yes it could be beneficial, you never know, but even if it isn't you learn something from it.

You could be able so save their life. Yes you would bother to try, its called human instinct and I dont think your the kind of person that would let someone go ahead and die. And once again even if your failed you still learn something.

It could be good, it could be bad. You never know until you do.
Quote:

From what I've seen, it's not "drugs" dumbing them down.

I know stoners, I even WORK with them, who are every bit an asset to the world, as I myself am. You play WAAAAAAAAAAY too much into the stereotype that stoners are automatically lazy ********. Many would go unnoticed if they didn't specifically tell you that they do these things.

And there are things OTHER than drugs, which are holding them down. Bad parenting seems to be a key factor, here.

You're blaming the wrong person on the right problem.

Well thats because most of them are lazy ********. Its true. Its either their lazy ******** or they are just dumb ********.

Bad parenting that makes them get into drugs....
Quote:
Then you need to learn more about the difference between fact and opinion.

I do.

Quote:

IN YOUR OPINION. What you find relaxing, I might not.

Hell, some people find sitting in their room, blasting Lamb of God, is relaxing. But I doubt you'd agree with them.

Yes maybe my opinion to an extent.

I like Lamb of God. I blast it in my house occasionally. So what was this about knowing me through the internet?
Quote:

Some might not like massages. I can't swim. Some people HATE running. Some people hate video games, or get to frustrated with them, to "enjoy" them. And some people are asexual, or simply chaste, or simply don't "enjoy" sex, as much as you do.

So no, it's not "the truth" it's your opinion. Learn the difference.

I highly doubt that everybody dislikes those things all at once.

You cant swim but there are people that can.

Once again some of those things seem to be just excuses to not do anything at all.
Quote:
Actually, yes. I kinda do. I have very few friends in my town, to go visit, and we don't have s**t for entertainment, that does not involve alcohol, or expensive tickets to movies I generally don't care to see.

Just because YOU can always find something better to do, does not mean everyone can.

That sounds more like a location problem.

No Im sure they can. Even in the most utter depths of BFE there are things to do.
Quote:

Board games tend to suck, in my opinion. And the ones that don't, get boring, fast. I'd be up for poker, but most of my friends don't have a lot of money, and it's no fun without the gambling aspect.

Have you tried playing with dummy poker chips? They are easy to get and fun to play with.
Quote:

But you want to ban something that others enjoy. So, yes, you are forcing.

Its not that I want to ban it because its already being banned. I just think, IN MY OPINION, that kids are better off without it.
Quote:
Or, you could just rally to ban such a thing, so that the COPS will make such a threat. AND THAT is what you HAVE been doing.

No I haven't and no I wont rally. Killing people because they do something is wrong so thats why taking the alternative route is better.
Quote:
And why do you just assume that everyone who does pot, does it because everyone else does?

I've smoked a few cigars in my day, but not because everyone else does, but because I thought to myself "I wonder what this is all about", and went for it. I wasn't "following the crowd", I was giving myself a life experience.

That may be true, but mostly its the ban-wagon effect. A kid sees the cool kids doing it, so he thinks that in order to be cool he should do it too. There is a variety of ways it happens.
Quote:

But only if we want to, right?

Follow our own individual direction, and not yours, right?

If you want to yes, but human's were made to be healthy and strong so its more like nature telling you instead of me.
Quote:

Oh, believe me, there IS such a thing. Now, I understand what you mean, because I'm equally enigmatic. But make no mistake, it's not impossible.

There is someone out there, who understands ME, better than anyone else alive, and she learned it all through a computer screen.

You, are certainly no exception to the possibility.

Some people you can read but some you cant. Like me. I hide my true self.
Quote:

You painted a different picture

I did and that was my mistake.
Quote:
I know him. And I'll take his word on the matter, over yours, since you can't possibly know the content of his mind, better than he himself can.
Wait a minute. Didnt you say that you can know a person through a computer? Hmmm....
Quote:

I'll give it 50, and it still won't happen. The US has made offers to merge with Mexico, and they denied us every time. And Canada generally dispises us, and we don't particularly care about them, unless we need medical care we can't afford.

Think of it as that neighbor whom you never really speak to, and you wouldn't be the least bit downhearted if they moved away

http://redblueamerica.com/truthornot/2008-04-24/are-canada-mexico-and-united-states-planning-form-a-north-american-union-3029

http://www.chycho.com/?q=North_American_Union

Quote:
Which means you want to force your opinion on others, by denying them their rights to endulge.

Nope.

Stopping indulgence in foolish things so that they can better themselves? LE GASP!

What a crime.
Quote:

It's their future to deal with. If the future is going to be ******** over, it's going to be ******** over, and you sure as ******** won't save it. And seeing as how we've dealt with people ILLEGALLY using drugs, and most of them seem to still be decent people, who you'd never guess were druggies, I'd say that drugs probably aren't going to jeopardize it.

Now, our gluttonous waste of resources like oil, and wood, THAT might just ******** the future over.

Now theres a bad attitude. If it doesnt affect us then ******** it right?

No sir, now that is wrong. I probably wont save it by myself guaranteed, but with the help of others then yes yes it can happen.

Wastes of oil? Wastes of wood? LE GASP again!
You guys should have changed to hydroelectric power by now and as for wood... wood replenishes itself.
Quote:

They're my lungs. I'll put in them whatever the ******** I want in them.

I suppose they are, but you said you dont smoke right so it wouldnt matter anyways...
Quote:

Whoopty goddamn doo?

People get killed for money. Should we ban that, too?

So I guess its okay if someone gets killed in a botched drug deal then?
Quote:

You claimed that our laws are "for our safety" but I provided you with a law that most certainly has NOTHING to do with "safety". My point? Just because it's a law, doesn't mean it's meant to protect us, or is for the best. So your whole "Well, it's a law for your safety", is officially bullshit.

No no its not bullshit. You might have some crazy laws were ever the hell you live in but where I live, its all for safety.

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:14 pm
Quote:

*A folding stock. Useless to keep folded in combat, it's only good for storage. Folding it in combat would be detrimental to any kind of aim, and would probably end up with the shooter hurting himself trying.

Wrong. A folding stock provides the weapon with a better mobility average and gives something a big as (lets say a FN MK.16 SCAR) a smaller profile, so that if you really wanted to, you could hide it under a big a** coat and walk into a building and lite people up left and right. Besides it would only hurt the person firing it if they didn't have good upper torso strength.

Quote:
*A pistol grip. This allows better control of the weapon. Plenty of rifles and shotguns use pistol grips for a variety of reasons. The AR-15 platform is extremely popular with varmint and predator hunters, for example.

And it was banned because it had the capability of making someone who has never fired a weapon before more accurate? Hmm I wonder why?

Quote:
*A grenade launcher. No, not the M203 underslung things, those have been illegal since '86. No, the funny-looking stippling or cups on old World-War-era rifles used to launch rifle grenades. Rifle grenades are both obsolete and nigh impossible to find in any condition. I would be surprised if there was a single criminal use of them ever.

They didnt ban the M203? Now there's a WTF moment.

Still though even if rifle grenades are not common, they are still available and can still pose a danger.
Quote:
*A bayonet lug. Sure cut down on that rash of drive-by bayonettings, huh?

Bayonets lugs are made for the end of rifles so that if an enemy is up close and personal, you can stab him with your bayonet...why wouldnt they ban it? Besides if you were a determined person, you could just duct-tape a knife to the bottom of your rifle.
Quote:
*High-capacity magazines. Because reloads are slow, right?

More rounds in the magazine means more rounds that are able to be fired. In turn that equals more deaths.

Besides that would also mean keeping a low profile if I had four hi-caps instead of eight regular mags.
Quote:
*A flash suppressor. It only exists so the flame from your shot doesn't blind you. They just banned it because it LOOKS menacing. They did the exact same thing with the barrel shroud, which exists only to prevent you from burning yourself.

Yes a flash hider is used for safety from being burned, however it also reduces muzzle flash from blinding you, thus if someone was shooting at a bunch of civilians, he could keep on firing without worrying about blinding himself.
Quote:

These weren't for our protection. Even the Department of Justice said that the effect on overall crime was immeasurable because of the rarity of said 'assault weapons' being used in crime. It was a bullshit law put out there to flex government muscle and crack down on the people BECAUSE THEY COULD. Face it, our government is corrupt as s**t and has been for a long time. Blindly following a government with blatant acts of muscle-flexing like this ends with, Godwin forgive me, Hitler.

Or Mr. Brobama. Hes going to take away your guns you know...
Quote:
You're again assuming I smoke, which I have told you I don't. My point here is that if we hold it, shut up, and take it, THEY WILL NEVER MAKE IT LEGAL. If nobody complains about anything, nothing gets changed.

Wait a minute. If you dont do it then why do you care then?
Quote:
You seem to miss the point that there are levels between 'best friend' and 'self-righteous p***k'. I have debates at all levels, from my debates with people like Angel here, which are entirely civil and friendly, to debates with other people who anger the everloving s**t out of me. Fine, we don't have to be friends while we debate, but you don't have to be a total a*****e. Civility, ********. Do you have it?

Old quote from old movie is old.

Aww Im sorry did I hurt your feeling?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:15 pm
Quote:

Uh they would make money out of it anyways. Illegal selling is illegal selling. They wouldnt like the government taking it away from them because its their profit.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:28 pm
Quote:
And yet, you came unglued when you thought he called you a b***h. So, yeah, so much for that argument.

No I didnt. Once again your making up situations that never happened in the first place.

I was pointing it out in the first place that he did. To me it seamed childish and besides if I was angry I would have done something ******** YOU MAN YOUR A ******** p***y YOU MOTHER ******** ALFAKLSGJAKLSJGLA;JFGAKL;JFLAS;JF SLKJFSL;AKJ DJ~!!!!!!!11111!!11!!!11!! SHIFT"

And I didn't.
Quote:

If there was even a REMOTE amount of truth to that, then let me explain 2 points:

1) Then why the hell can I sell someone a cigarette or even a pack of them, for my own personal profit, and there's no swarm of cops that come flying down the street to haul my a** in?

Under your example, The minute I handed someone a cigarette, and they hand me some money, the cops should come zooming down the street, after me, for taking money out of government pockets.

But, that does not happen. So, selling a joint, would only logically have the exact same "no one gives a ********" result. Especially when the cops don't know it's even going on.

2) Well, seeing as how people are already being thrown in jail for simple POSSESSION of marijuana, I don't believe that incarceration rates would actually go "up". They just wouldn't go "down" QUITE as much.

Okay it looks like you have no clue to what goes on in the bigger cities.
1.) Go to a city like San Fransisco. Go to a busy street and wait. You will see, and I repeat, SEE white moving trucks that seem to be parked in a certain area for no reason. Then you will see people coming up and buying BOOTLEG cigarettes. Now they dont buy it when a Cop is around because,ITS ILLEGAL.
No people may not get caught all the time, but they still get caught.
2.)>_>
People are still going to jail for it.

I'd say you live in a fantasy world since you believe that people would stop going to jail when and if ever its made into a legal substance.
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

No I didnt. Once again your making up situations that never happened in the first place.

I was pointing it out in the first place that he did. To me it seamed childish and besides if I was angry I would have done something ******** YOU MAN YOUR A ******** p***y YOU MOTHER ******** ALFAKLSGJAKLSJGLA;JFGAKL;JFLAS;JF SLKJFSL;AKJ DJ~!!!!!!!11111!!11!!!11!! SHIFT"

And I didn't.

Well you sure didn't seem to like it too much. It sure seemed like you were pretty pissed about it.

Quote:
Quote:

Okay it looks like you have no clue to what goes on in the bigger cities.
1.) Go to a city like San Fransisco. Go to a busy street and wait. You will see, and I repeat, SEE white moving trucks that seem to be parked in a certain area for no reason. Then you will see people coming up and buying BOOTLEG cigarettes. Now they dont buy it when a Cop is around because,ITS ILLEGAL.

Ok, and, do you think it would happen more often if it were legal, than if it were ILLEGAL, and there was no other way?

The same with marijuana, it's going to happen MORE, because there's no other way to obtain it. At least if it were legalized, honest people could suck on government tit, and pay full price for it.

Quote:
No people may not get caught all the time, but they still get caught.

Well, ANYTHING that can be done illegally, someone's going to get caught doing it. That's a given.

But selling them out of a truck is just idiocy. You have to sell them out of pocket, where there's nothing drawing attention to you.

Quote:
2.)>_>
People are still going to jail for it.

Ah, but if weed were LEGAL, there would be LESS people going to jail for it.

Quote:
I'd say you live in a fantasy world since you believe that people would stop going to jail when and if ever its made into a legal substance.
Quote:

You don't go to jail for doing something legal, do you? If I'm going 50 mph in a 55 mph zone, should I expect to be pulled over? No, and why not? Because I'm not breaking the law.

If I'm smoking pot, LEGALLY, then I'm not going to go to jail for it, because I'm not breaking the law, because it's not a crime to possess/use it.

It's simple logic.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:47 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Uh they would make money out of it anyways. Illegal selling is illegal selling. They wouldnt like the government taking it away from them because its their profit.

And I see no reason to care about how the bloodz and cripz feel about losing their profits. And it sure sounds like you're supporting them....

Legalization of the substance, means there's no NEED to purchase it illegally. Sure, you still CAN, but you don't HAVE to. So the odds of acquiring the substance illegally are drastically reduced.

Why go into an ally, and talk to some shady character who will likely just cap you and run off with the money and the dope, when you can get it for maybe a dollar more, without the risk to your safety, at the local 7/11?

Most people would feel that their safety is worth an extra buck.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:57 pm
Quote:

Well you sure didn't seem to like it too much. It sure seemed like you were pretty pissed about it.

Because you can tell ones tone a voice through the internet? No you cant.

Quote:
Ok, and, do you think it would happen more often if it were legal, than if it were ILLEGAL, and there was no other way?

The same with marijuana, it's going to happen MORE, because there's no other way to obtain it. At least if it were legalized, honest people could suck on government tit, and pay full price for it.

Yes it would, because there are going to be people that wont be able to get their fix through buying government goods and thus try and get illegally made products.

But not everyone is honest and not everyone can afford to pay full price for it.
Quote:

Well, ANYTHING that can be done illegally, someone's going to get caught doing it. That's a given.

But selling them out of a truck is just idiocy. You have to sell them out of pocket, where there's nothing drawing attention to you.

Regardless of the method of selling, it would still be bootleg and it would still be illegal.
Quote:

But they are still going to jail, and besides if it all turns out bad, more people will go to jail for it.
Quote:

You don't go to jail for doing something legal, do you? If I'm going 50 mph in a 55 mph zone, should I expect to be pulled over? No, and why not? Because I'm not breaking the law.

If I'm smoking pot, LEGALLY, then I'm not going to go to jail for it, because I'm not breaking the law, because it's not a crime to possess/use it.

It's simple logic.

I was talking about selling bootleg pot...  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:03 pm
Quote:
And I see no reason to care about how the bloodz and cripz feel about losing their profits. And it sure sounds like you're supporting them....

Legalization of the substance, means there's no NEED to purchase it illegally. Sure, you still CAN, but you don't HAVE to. So the odds of acquiring the substance illegally are drastically reduced.

Why go into an ally, and talk to some shady character who will likely just cap you and run off with the money and the dope, when you can get it for maybe a dollar more, without the risk to your safety, at the local 7/11?

How am I supporting them? Just by saying they wouldnt like it? Dont be a fool. The point is that blood will be on the streets regardless of either way.

Some people cant afford that extra buck because either they dont have the money or they see smoking the stuff as more important than anything else and blow all their money on it. So since they cant afford it then they will go for the cheaper option which is the bootleg option.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:55 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
And yet, you're not arguing to ban cars, even though they're worse than marijuana.

Because cars are actually necessary. Marijuana is not.

Bullshit.

Cars are a LUXURY, and nothing more.

You don't NEED a car. I have friends that don't own cars, and they get around just fine. It's called "Walking". It's much more healthy, too!

So, no, cars are not "a necessity", no mater how much we pretend they are.

Quote:
Quote:
And yet, you have no intention of banning these things, because of the possibility of overdose.

Quote:
Quote:
And I've debunked them.

No you haven't. All you've done is throw volley of miscellaneous text speech at me.

Uh, no, I've debunked everything you've thrown at me.

Quote:
Quote:

He also didn't have quite the lifestyle that we have today. He didn't have bills to worry about. He didn't have the kind of stress that drives people insane, today.

And marijuana is good for other things, too. For someone going through Chemo Therepy, it can help them retain their appetite, so they don't starve to death. And it even treats glacoma. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

You're right. He didnt have the kind of stress that people had today. He had MUCH WORSE stress than people have today. Surviving Ice chills, fending off wild animals, traveling everywhere looking for shelter? Those problems were much worse than what we normally face today. Bills? Bills cant eat you.

Physically, no. But it sure can eat you, metaphorically.

I tell you what. Go, and get yourself about $10,000 in credit card debt. Then, try to get yourself out of it. You'll see, that bills CAN be a ********, and people have committed suicide to escape it.

Quote:
People now a days are all a bunch of big baby's and you know its true.

I won't deny that. When I can't wish someone a "Merry Christmas", for fear of offending them, then there's no question to it.

Quote:
Technology has done a lot of amazing wonders but it has also made humanity as lazy as s**t.

Well, it has given us the ability to be lazy, but we're the ones who actually EMPLOY such sloth.

Quote:
Once again I believe I said that for medical purposes its okay...

Well, that's a start.

Quote:
Quote:

Because marijuana is common as ******** already, and nothing particularly awful has come from it, aside from drug deals going sour. And that problem would disappear if it were legal.

Hell, some of the guys I work with are known stoners, and they work just as good as anyone else.

Ah see you are not looking into the future of it. Here read what I wrote to Magmayoshi:

See everything would change and you know its true. It happened with cigarettes so it can happen with weed.

Cigarettes aren't really a big problem, that I know of. Sure, bootlegging, and all of that, but really, what's the big deal?

Quote:
Quote:

You said that "until this issue is resolved" that you'd see us as "enemies" everywhere you see us.

A good debater does not do that. Fres and I have had disagreements. Hell, we are currently in opposition in one, but we keep our disagreements in the debates. He doesn't "hate my guts, and be a p***k to me, until I tell him he's right", and vice versa

Keywords: Until THIS is over.

And I never said I would see you as enemies everywhere else. No what good debater does is stay on topic unlike what most of you guys are doing. I dont hate any of your guts so dont make it seem like I do.

You're the one making it seem like you do. Not us.

Quote:
Quote:

What the ******** do you mean by that? icon_confused.gif

Im sorry if this may horrify you but

User Image

and your comments like

"NUU! DAT'S ILLEGUL!!"
and
"ITZ BADD 4 YEW!"
and
"YEW SHUDUNT SMOAK DOWP B-CUZ I FEAL ITZ UH WAYST OV TIEM N MUNEYZ!!"

are very very reminiscent of LOL CATS.

Oh, those. I do that as a sort of sarcastic condescension. It helps show off the illogicality of the point I'm making fun of.

Quote:
Quote:
It wasn't "sleep" I had to leave for, it was work. I work 3rd shift.

From the way you put it, it seemed like you had to go to sleep.

Nope, pressed for time to get out the door.

Quote:
Quote:

Sure, but that brings up the questions:

Would me meeting this person be beneficial?

If not, then I'm better off not meeting them.

Would I even be ABLE to save their life? And would I even BOTHER to try, given the chance?

If not, then there's no difference made, except I get to be free of guilt (if I would feel guilty otherwise).

Would impacting their day be a good thing, or a bad thing?

Yes it could be beneficial, you never know, but even if it isn't you learn something from it.

What "could be", isn't worth worrying about. If we worried about what "could be", then we wouldn't be messing with the Supercollider, because it "could" destroy the earth.

Quote:
You could be able so save their life. Yes you would bother to try,

Never assume such things about people. Least of all, about someone like me.

Quote:
its called human instinct and I dont think your the kind of person that would let someone go ahead and die.

Me, probably not. But not everyone is so kind. That's why, when someone IS so kind, they get praised. Because they were so unselfish, which is not so common as you seem to think.

Quote:
And once again even if your failed you still learn something.

It could be good, it could be bad. You never know until you do.

What if I don't think it's worth knowing?

Quote:
Quote:

From what I've seen, it's not "drugs" dumbing them down.

I know stoners, I even WORK with them, who are every bit an asset to the world, as I myself am. You play WAAAAAAAAAAY too much into the stereotype that stoners are automatically lazy ********. Many would go unnoticed if they didn't specifically tell you that they do these things.

And there are things OTHER than drugs, which are holding them down. Bad parenting seems to be a key factor, here.

You're blaming the wrong person on the right problem.

Well thats because most of them are lazy ********. Its true. Its either their lazy ******** or they are just dumb ********.

And drugs have nothing to do with that.

Quote:
Bad parenting that makes them get into drugs....

Uh, no. People get into drugs for plenty of reasons, with "my parents drove me to drugs" not being a common one.

Quote:
Quote:
Then you need to learn more about the difference between fact and opinion.

I do.

As long as you can admit it.

Quote:
Quote:

IN YOUR OPINION. What you find relaxing, I might not.

Hell, some people find sitting in their room, blasting Lamb of God, is relaxing. But I doubt you'd agree with them.

Yes maybe my opinion to an extent.

No, there is no "opinion to an extent", there's your opinion, and not your opinion.

Quote:
I like Lamb of God. I blast it in my house occasionally. So what was this about knowing me through the internet?

I find that rather surprising, but that was not my point. My point is that what I find entertaining, you may not. And vice versa.

Quote:
Quote:

Some might not like massages. I can't swim. Some people HATE running. Some people hate video games, or get to frustrated with them, to "enjoy" them. And some people are asexual, or simply chaste, or simply don't "enjoy" sex, as much as you do.

So no, it's not "the truth" it's your opinion. Learn the difference.

I highly doubt that everybody dislikes those things all at once.

But some people do. Your opinion holds no baring on them.

Quote:
You cant swim but there are people that can.

I know that.

Quote:
Once again some of those things seem to be just excuses to not do anything at all.

Who needs an excuse? If you don't want to do something, who cares?

Quote:
Quote:
Actually, yes. I kinda do. I have very few friends in my town, to go visit, and we don't have s**t for entertainment, that does not involve alcohol, or expensive tickets to movies I generally don't care to see.

Just because YOU can always find something better to do, does not mean everyone can.

That sounds more like a location problem.

It is. But it's still my problem, and proof that just because YOU can always find something to do, doesn't mean EVERYONE can.

Quote:
No Im sure they can. Even in the most utter depths of BFE there are things to do.

Sure, but the question is, what if I just don't want to do those things? What if I'd just rather get blitzed? That's my business, and not yours.

Quote:
Quote:

Board games tend to suck, in my opinion. And the ones that don't, get boring, fast. I'd be up for poker, but most of my friends don't have a lot of money, and it's no fun without the gambling aspect.

Have you tried playing with dummy poker chips? They are easy to get and fun to play with.

yes, I do play with those, but we give them ACTUAL value. It's no fun if there's no risk.

Quote:
Quote:

But you want to ban something that others enjoy. So, yes, you are forcing.

Its not that I want to ban it because its already being banned. I just think, IN MY OPINION, that kids are better off without it.

And they disagree.

Quote:
Quote:
Or, you could just rally to ban such a thing, so that the COPS will make such a threat. AND THAT is what you HAVE been doing.

No I haven't and no I wont rally. Killing people because they do something is wrong so thats why taking the alternative route is better.

Rallying doesn't have to involve a killing. It's also a term used for gathering in protest.

Quote:
Quote:
And why do you just assume that everyone who does pot, does it because everyone else does?

I've smoked a few cigars in my day, but not because everyone else does, but because I thought to myself "I wonder what this is all about", and went for it. I wasn't "following the crowd", I was giving myself a life experience.

That may be true, but mostly its the ban-wagon effect. A kid sees the cool kids doing it, so he thinks that in order to be cool he should do it too. There is a variety of ways it happens.

And none of those reasons actually demonize the substance. If people want to do it, they will do it, and you shouldn't be allowed to stop them, just because you don't like it.

I don't like abortion, but I won't tell a woman she has no right to kill her child, which holds no effect on my life, just because I'm not fond of the practice.

Quote:
Quote:

But only if we want to, right?

Follow our own individual direction, and not yours, right?

If you want to yes, but human's were made to be healthy and strong so its more like nature telling you instead of me.

Nature made us to be healthy and strong, but nature also makes us weak and frail. Diseases are natural, after all.

And who honestly gives a ******** what "nature" wants for us? If it was left to "nature", you wouldn't have the computer you're using to read this. If it was left to nature, you wouldn't have a car.

Basically, "nature" can go to hell.

We are humanity. We DEFY nature.

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, believe me, there IS such a thing. Now, I understand what you mean, because I'm equally enigmatic. But make no mistake, it's not impossible.

There is someone out there, who understands ME, better than anyone else alive, and she learned it all through a computer screen.

You, are certainly no exception to the possibility.

Some people you can read but some you cant. Like me. I hide my true self.
Quote:

As do I, sometimes. But it's not impossible to see through the bullshit, to the real you. I've done so with other people, several times.

Quote:
Quote:
I know him. And I'll take his word on the matter, over yours, since you can't possibly know the content of his mind, better than he himself can.
Wait a minute. Didnt you say that you can know a person through a computer? Hmmm....

I said it's possible. I didn't say it's easy. And no matter how well someone else knows you, no one knows you better than you know yourself. At least, I would hope not.

Quote:
Quote:

I'll give it 50, and it still won't happen. The US has made offers to merge with Mexico, and they denied us every time. And Canada generally dispises us, and we don't particularly care about them, unless we need medical care we can't afford.

Think of it as that neighbor whom you never really speak to, and you wouldn't be the least bit downhearted if they moved away

http://redblueamerica.com/truthornot/2008-04-24/are-canada-mexico-and-united-states-planning-form-a-north-american-union-3029

http://www.chycho.com/?q=North_American_Union

And it doesn't cross your mind that "biased bullshit" is a possibility here?

Quote:
Quote:
Which means you want to force your opinion on others, by denying them their rights to endulge.

Nope.

Stopping indulgence in foolish things so that they can better themselves? LE GASP!

What a crime.

What they do with their own bodies, does not concern you. If they don't want to better themselves, that's none of your ******** business.

So, yes, it IS a crime, in the form of infringement of the right to bodily domain.

Quote:
Quote:

It's their future to deal with. If the future is going to be ******** over, it's going to be ******** over, and you sure as ******** won't save it. And seeing as how we've dealt with people ILLEGALLY using drugs, and most of them seem to still be decent people, who you'd never guess were druggies, I'd say that drugs probably aren't going to jeopardize it.

Now, our gluttonous waste of resources like oil, and wood, THAT might just ******** the future over.

Now theres a bad attitude. If it doesnt affect us then ******** it right?

Actually, I find it to be a rather GOOD attitude. Why worry about other people, if they aren't going to worry about themselves? Why should I care what happens to someone who holds no impact on my life?

I find that, when you keep to yourself, and only worry about yourself, and the things that affect you, you live a much happier life, than when you go around complaining about the way other people live.

"OMG! YEW SHUDUNT SMOAK! U IZ GONNA DIEZ!!!"

Does that person give a ********? Probably not. So why should I? It's their funeral, not mine.

When you mind your own, you don't piss off others, and you live a happier life.

Quote:
Quote:
No sir, now that is wrong. I probably wont save it by myself guaranteed, but with the help of others then yes yes it can happen.

But what's the point? If people don't want to be saved, they why bother trying?

Quote:
Wastes of oil? Wastes of wood? LE GASP again!
You guys should have changed to hydroelectric power by now

But we haven't, have we? So there's a MUCH bigger problem than stoners staying home and getting blitzed.

Actually, by staying home, those stoners are doing a FAVOR to America, by not wasting oil, and not polluting the enviornment!

Quote:
and as for wood... wood replenishes itself.

Not as fast as we take it away, though.

Quote:
Quote:

They're my lungs. I'll put in them whatever the ******** I want in them.

I suppose they are, but you said you dont smoke right so it wouldnt matter anyways...

Hypothetically speaking. I figured that was obvious.

Quote:
Quote:

Whoopty goddamn doo?

People get killed for money. Should we ban that, too?

So I guess its okay if someone gets killed in a botched drug deal then?

They took the risk, they knew what could happen.

Besides, if marijuana were LEGAL, they wouldn't HAVE to worry about a botched drug deal, they could get their joints at the local 7/11. Problem solved.

Quote:
Quote:

You claimed that our laws are "for our safety" but I provided you with a law that most certainly has NOTHING to do with "safety". My point? Just because it's a law, doesn't mean it's meant to protect us, or is for the best. So your whole "Well, it's a law for your safety", is officially bullshit.

No no its not bullshit. You might have some crazy laws were ever the hell you live in but where I live, its all for safety.

That's where YOU live. In America, our lawmakers like to do what you've been doing, and try to force their opinionated beliefs on the masses. Case in point, the whole "Gay Marriage" thing.

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:58 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

How am I supporting them? Just by saying they wouldnt like it?

Who gives a ******** what they don't like?

Quote:
Dont be a fool. The point is that blood will be on the streets regardless of either way.

I never said they wouldn't. But they wouldn't be making so much money, so they wouldn't be so well supported.

Quote:
Some people cant afford that extra buck because either they dont have the money or they see smoking the stuff as more important than anything else and blow all their money on it.

And remind me, who's problem is that? Theirs, or mine?

Quote:
So since they cant afford it then they will go for the cheaper option which is the bootleg option.

Their problem. If they feel its worth the risk, then what the ******** ever floats their boat. It's no skin off my nose, now is it?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:07 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Because you can tell ones tone a voice through the internet? No you cant.

It's not as hard as you think, when you've had 5 years of experience.

No, it's not perfectly accurate, but it's not completely inaccurate, either.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes it would, because there are going to be people that wont be able to get their fix through buying government goods and thus try and get illegally made products.

And that falls on them. Each man is responsible for his own actions, and pays the resulting penalties.

Quote:
But not everyone is honest and not everyone can afford to pay full price for it.
Quote:

THEIR problem.

Quote:

Regardless of the method of selling, it would still be bootleg and it would still be illegal.

I agree. But if you're going to break the law, you might as well do it right.

Quote:
Quote:

But they are still going to jail, and besides if it all turns out bad, more people will go to jail for it.

No. They aren't. There will still people going to jail in association to marijuana, such as driving while high, and so on, but there won't be AS MANY, because there won't be people going to jail for simple possession of marijuana, which is what most of the arrests are for.

You'll never fully eradicate criminality of ANY sort. You can only hope to reduce it. And banning a substance, is NOT going to reduce it.
Quote:
Quote:

It's simple logic.

I was talking about selling bootleg pot...

Hey, people are going to do that, regardless. Why bother worrying about those people?

But at least if weed were LEGAL, people WOULD HAVE A BETTER OPTION. No, not everyone, as not everyone would be able to afford it, but at least LESS people would have to go the "illegal" route, right?

You know why a lot of cigarette smokers don't get arrested for buying cigarettes? Because they don't buy them from bootleggers. Marijuana would be the same. Some people will buy illegally, but the overall majority will still buy legally. Crime goes down. Mission accomplished.

Checkmate.

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

*A folding stock. Useless to keep folded in combat, it's only good for storage. Folding it in combat would be detrimental to any kind of aim, and would probably end up with the shooter hurting himself trying.

Wrong. A folding stock provides the weapon with a better mobility average and gives something a big as (lets say a FN MK.16 SCAR) a smaller profile, so that if you really wanted to, you could hide it under a big a** coat and walk into a building and lite people up left and right. Besides it would only hurt the person firing it if they didn't have good upper torso strength.
So you're saying that a folding stock lets you put it in a smaller place? Sounds a lot like what I said.

Try to aim a folded-stock rifle. Shooting from the hip is really damn hard, and holding the thing up in front of your face to use the sights gets you popped in the nose.

Quote:
Quote:
*A pistol grip. This allows better control of the weapon. Plenty of rifles and shotguns use pistol grips for a variety of reasons. The AR-15 platform is extremely popular with varmint and predator hunters, for example.

And it was banned because it had the capability of making someone who has never fired a weapon before more accurate? Hmm I wonder why?
Dunno. Because there's no such thing as new marksmen, and only criminals have no experience shooting? Only outlaws want to be accurate when shooting a gun?

Quote:
Quote:
*A grenade launcher. No, not the M203 underslung things, those have been illegal since '86. No, the funny-looking stippling or cups on old World-War-era rifles used to launch rifle grenades. Rifle grenades are both obsolete and nigh impossible to find in any condition. I would be surprised if there was a single criminal use of them ever.

They didnt ban the M203? Now there's a WTF moment.

Still though even if rifle grenades are not common, they are still available and can still pose a danger.
Read that again. No, the M203 has been banned since 1986. It wasn't included in the ban because it was ALREADY banned. Yeah, you can still buy them. They're a couple thousand bucks. The ammo for them is about $300 a round too, because not only are they rare, each and every round is an NFA Class III weapon (destructive device) and requires a $200 tax stamp and a signature to transfer [sell] it.

Also, no. Rifle grenades are rare as ********. It's hard to find an INERT grenade. You'll never find a live one in the US. And even if you DID find one, it'd be the same DD, $200 tax to buy it.
Quote:
Quote:
*A bayonet lug. Sure cut down on that rash of drive-by bayonettings, huh?

Bayonets lugs are made for the end of rifles so that if an enemy is up close and personal, you can stab him with your bayonet...why wouldnt they ban it? Besides if you were a determined person, you could just duct-tape a knife to the bottom of your rifle.
And they've never been used in a crime. Never. So why ban them? They just make rifles look cooler with a bayonet attached.

And you said it. If you REALLY wanted to bayonet someone, you'd just tape a knife to your gun.
Quote:
Quote:
*High-capacity magazines. Because reloads are slow, right?

More rounds in the magazine means more rounds that are able to be fired. In turn that equals more deaths.
Cho, the guy who shot up Virginia Tech, reloaded SEVENTEEN TIMES, and witnesses at the scene saw him reloading INDIVIDUAL BULLETS into the magazines because they were empty. eBay records show he purchased his magazines there. eBay still abides by the assault weapons ban and won't allow the sale of any parts which would make a normal weapon an 'assault weapon'. This means all but the magazine the gun came with were 10-round 'standard capacity' magazines. Still, nobody stopped him. You think things would have changed at all if he'd been forced to reload only 9 times?

Quote:
Besides that would also mean keeping a low profile if I had four hi-caps instead of eight regular mags.
Also false. Those high-caps are friggin' long (8.5"), and they don't fit quite right in a mag holster. Makes you look like your hips are happy to see four different people at once.
Quote:
Quote:
*A flash suppressor. It only exists so the flame from your shot doesn't blind you. They just banned it because it LOOKS menacing. They did the exact same thing with the barrel shroud, which exists only to prevent you from burning yourself.

Yes a flash hider is used for safety from being burned, however it also reduces muzzle flash from blinding you, thus if someone was shooting at a bunch of civilians, he could keep on firing without worrying about blinding himself.

Or a hunter, or a target shooter, or someone in home defense. There's a million reasons why you shouldn't be blind after taking a shot. There are very few reasons why you should. Why would anyone WANT to be blind after shooting? It's happened to me, it wasn't fun at all.
Quote:
Quote:
These weren't for our protection. Even the Department of Justice said that the effect on overall crime was immeasurable because of the rarity of said 'assault weapons' being used in crime. It was a bullshit law put out there to flex government muscle and crack down on the people BECAUSE THEY COULD. Face it, our government is corrupt as s**t and has been for a long time. Blindly following a government with blatant acts of muscle-flexing like this ends with, Godwin forgive me, Hitler.

Or Mr. Brobama. Hes going to take away your guns you know...
Nice duck. Try logic this time.
Quote:
Quote:
You're again assuming I smoke, which I have told you I don't. My point here is that if we hold it, shut up, and take it, THEY WILL NEVER MAKE IT LEGAL. If nobody complains about anything, nothing gets changed.

Wait a minute. If you dont do it then why do you care then?
Bit late on that one.

Because I support others rights to smoke. I support equal rights for gays and women, but I don't like the d**k. I support the right to drink alcohol, yet I'm a teetotaler. I support the right to sell yourself on the street, but I'm neither a hooker nor a john. I support others' rights to do many things I'd never do myself.
Quote:
Quote:
You seem to miss the point that there are levels between 'best friend' and 'self-righteous p***k'. I have debates at all levels, from my debates with people like Angel here, which are entirely civil and friendly, to debates with other people who anger the everloving s**t out of me. Fine, we don't have to be friends while we debate, but you don't have to be a total a*****e. Civility, ********. Do you have it?

Old quote from old movie is old.

Aww Im sorry did I hurt your feeling?
Guess that's a no.

Now tell me, why do you feel the need to be a grade-A jackass to everyone? Is it some macho thing? Do you win all your debates by pissing off the other debaters until they all ragequit?  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff