Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Should fathers have a say in abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does a man have a say in the abortion of his child?
  Yes
  No
  Depends.
View Results

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:22 pm
"Okay, for those who believe it should be illegal, why? And are there any "special" cases where it should be allowed?"

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:12 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
"Okay, for those who believe it should be illegal, why? And are there any "special" cases where it should be allowed?"
It's killing a living thing that has a subconscious and can feel pain, THAT IS A HUMAN BEING.
Now I'm as vegetarian, and I wish I could be autotrophic but that isn't possible, so I'll make the best of what I got.

The only situation when it's okay is when it will kill the mother if it's born.

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:13 pm
Abortion is only okay to me if the foetus is dead or dying inside the womb or if the mother's health is direly endangered. There is no sense in bringing a life into the world at the cost of another life.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:28 am

She burns like the sun, and I can't look away

Abortion is perfectly fine, in my opinion. Burn down my house if you want to, but sometimes, to protect the lives of people, it's just necessary.
She'll burn our horizons, make no mistake.

Kats Scratches

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:15 am
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Now I'm as vegetarian, and I wish I could be autotrophic but that isn't possible, so I'll make the best of what I got.

Can I give you a high five for you realizing you are still eating living things and are still somewhat of a hypocrite till you don't eat all other living things? o-o  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:09 am
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Can I give you a high five for you realizing you are still eating living things and are still somewhat of a hypocrite till you don't eat all other living things? o-o

Most of us veggos get that part, as it's impossible to survive without consuming other life. Since what we eat belongs to a different kingdom from our own and thus sustains life through different means than our own - that being photosynthesis and the general lack of pain or conscious awareness from what typical science will tell us (though I'm not always so sure about that) - it's not even close to being the same as consuming an animal. Depending on who you talk to, they'll either not care that it's still a life form or they'll understand that it is but realise that to survive they need to eat it.

I still feel bad when I eat though. As you can imagine I'm significantly underweight.  

Kuchen Fairy

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:13 pm
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Most of us veggos get that part, as it's impossible to survive without consuming other life. Since what we eat belongs to a different kingdom from our own and thus sustains life through different means than our own - that being photosynthesis and the general lack of pain or conscious awareness from what typical science will tell us (though I'm not always so sure about that) - it's not even close to being the same as consuming an animal. Depending on who you talk to, they'll either not care that it's still a life form or they'll understand that it is but realise that to survive they need to eat it.

I still feel bad when I eat though. As you can imagine I'm significantly underweight.
"These are the cries of the carrots. The cries of the carrots- y'see Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is the harvest day, and to them, it is the HOLOCAUST."  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:31 pm
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Underweight vegan here ^^ I've become so cynical with mankind that I've started considering that killing babies up to the stage where they develop a conciousness, which some (correct me if I'm wrong) Scientists have established is around the age of 1. Realistically though I believe that Abortion ought to be allowed until it develops the pain receptors at around the 6th month or so, but if it has no conciousness, it is almost identical to that of an animal (excluding the fact that it is a baby Homo Sapiens Sapeins of course) and the fact that not a lot as many negative emotions are evoked if the death of a baby has occured in contrast to say a person that has established an amount of relationships, if the latter were to die, there would most likely be more sadness too.  

Rimama

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:59 pm
Fresnel
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

"These are the cries of the carrots. The cries of the carrots- y'see Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is the harvest day, and to them, it is the HOLOCAUST."
s**t I do believe that is the first Arrogant Worms quote I've seen on gaia, you win a hat.

For me I just can't eat things that are small whole and have limbs (such as shrimp) because I simply easily imagine them being alive waving and questioning how eating them is going, same with salad if it's cut weird. My imagination's sense of humor destroys my appetite.
But I still eat meat since I question the whole notion of "plants unable to feel pain" and everything else would eat me if they got a chance so ********. I'd probably eat any life as long as I didn't know it personally and it came in a non-personifiable form.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:20 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

s**t I do believe that is the first Arrogant Worms quote I've seen on gaia, you win a hat.
Ohhhhh, I'm sorry. The correct answer was TOOL... Tool. But please, come back another day and give it a second shot...  

Fresnel

Citizen

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Ohhhhh, I'm sorry. The correct answer was TOOL... Tool. But please, come back another day and give it a second shot...
I KNOW I REALIZED THAT DX
I confused it with this:
http://artists.letssingit.com/arrogant-worms-lyrics-carrot-juice-is-murder-sdnfw88
Damn fatigue induced dyslexia and always listing to my mp3 player on shuffle.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:44 am
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
MayIHelpYou22102
Okay, for those who believe it should be illegal, why? And are there any "special" cases where it should be allowed?
It's killing a living thing that has a subconscious and can feel pain, THAT IS A HUMAN BEING.

The only situation when it's okay is when it will kill the mother if it's born.

you have scientific proof of this?  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:50 am
as far as the eating stuff goes for everybody who has mentioned it so far...we are animals, we are also omnivores, wishing you didn't have to eat to survive or feeling guilty about eating is symptomatic of a disdorder. humans are supposed to eat other creatures and plants it's a fundamental part of the original food chain. i can understand people who boycott certain food stuffs (like meat) because they don't wish to partake in farming practices etc. but feeling unhappy about killing to eat is contra-instinctive.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:27 pm
village midget
as far as the eating stuff goes for everybody who has mentioned it so far...we are animals, we are also omnivores, wishing you didn't have to eat to survive or feeling guilty about eating is symptomatic of a disdorder. humans are supposed to eat other creatures and plants it's a fundamental part of the original food chain. i can understand people who boycott certain food stuffs (like meat) because they don't wish to partake in farming practices etc. but feeling unhappy about killing to eat is contra-instinctive.

We are more closely related to frugivores than we are to omnivores.  

Kuchen Fairy

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 am
Silver Screen
village midget

We are more closely related to frugivores than we are to omnivores.

You know, I think back to highschool science class, I remember herbivore, the eating of plants, carnivore, the eating of meat, and omnivore, both in one, but I don't believe we covered "frugivore", since this is the first time I remember hearing the term.

Care to explain that one?  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces