22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:13 am
[-Erik-]
Isaol-the-wolf
Selene Aries
False stereotypes? I would say that they are pretty accurate. Of course not all in a group match the stereotypes they are labeled with, but some do.

Everyone, no matter who they are, has to deal with stereotypes.
rolleyes

Don't belive her? Here's one:

"YOU GUYS LIKE TO SUCK ANIMAL PENISES. Why? Beacuse you're all furries, duh."

I think I love you. X3

This also reminds me of a stereotype meme I was emailed a while ago. It included such gems as:

"I'm Jewish, so I must be greedy."
"I'm Arabic, so I must be a terrorist."
"I'm Asian, so I must be smart."
"I don't have a religion, so I must not have any morals."
"I'm a virgin, so I must be a prude."
"I'm Irish, so I must have a drinking problem."

There are a lot more, but these are some of my favorite. Stereotypes are always good for a laugh. X3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 am
Isaol-the-wolf
-Erik

Well I don't roll that way, if you do that's okay, just keep to your own.

Garek-

There are plenty of athiests in foxholes, at least half of the soldiers that went to vietnam came back athiests.

Well I know I didn't do any of that stuff so don't act as if I did all of it. Nobody intellegent blames the new generation of Germans for what their parents did.

I'm sure Al Gore would be proud of you, telling by your tone you'd seem to be inclined to spike trees.

You seem to be missing the point. We're saying that while there are many people of certain groups who do certain things, not all of them do. You seem to think we're saying that everyone of a certain group acts like this or that, when that's simply not so. We're not even attacking you personally, so I don't quite understand why you seem to be taking such offense.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 am
Well, they're doing more than just listing off stereotypes. I don't feel like dealing with you people anymore... xp O just bought my first laptop and Im busy with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:35 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
-Erik

Well I don't roll that way, if you do that's okay, just keep to your own.

Dude, seriously! gonk

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:54 pm
Sunegami
You seem to be missing the point. We're saying that while there are many people of certain groups who do certain things, not all of them do. You seem to think we're saying that everyone of a certain group acts like this or that, when that's simply not so. We're not even attacking you personally, so I don't quite understand why you seem to be taking such offense.

In all fairness I went off on a slightly different topic. My intended point in the beginning was to show that if we're going to stereotype people, then Christians would be the worst... Or something like that... I think. Somewhere in there I went off on a tangent. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:38 pm
Sunegami
[-Erik-]
Isaol-the-wolf
Selene Aries
False stereotypes? I would say that they are pretty accurate. Of course not all in a group match the stereotypes they are labeled with, but some do.

Everyone, no matter who they are, has to deal with stereotypes.
rolleyes

Don't belive her? Here's one:

I think I love you. X3

This also reminds me of a stereotype meme I was emailed a while ago. It included such gems as:

"I'm Arabic, so I must be a terrorist."
"I'm Asian, so I must be smart."
"I don't have a religion, so I must not have any morals."
"I'm a virgin, so I must be a prude."
"I'm Irish, so I must have a drinking problem."

There are a lot more, but these are some of my favorite. Stereotypes are always good for a laugh. X3

I'm mexican, so I must:

-Work at Taco Bell
-Be an illegal immigrant
-Be a criminal
-Be ugly
-Not know propper english
-Be poor
-Wear a wide brim hat

CHYEAH 8D

I love stereotypes.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Isaol-the-wolf

You're only relieved of the sin if you regret it, if you regret it, you wouldn't do it again. That kind hearted buddist would still go, he's still pointed in the right direction. Of course it's the biggest load of bullshit ever, you've been piling it in this guild for quite some time. Each time a topic comes up that you know only a little about, you sit there on your computer and use what you know, and exaggerate on it, you piled that bullshit on it. I'm catholic/christian, I don't "go on about" anything. I'm not an obnoxious a*****e who flames other people's religions and force mine on them. You're all just flaming my religion saying I do things then all share a laugh. All those things YOU SAY christians do, I DON'T. I don't go door to door trying to convince others that my religion is the way to go. Not everyone who believes in Jesus goes and robs stores and everything else YOU SAID they do on monday. It's not just this topic that you've done that Killerlee, you do it with other stuff, piling bullshit on the little information you know and going on a rant.

3nodding So yea, that's that.

Eehhh...... >.<

Look, I was raised Christian. I went to Sunday school to a Presbyterian church. I was also given science books and taught science by my mother's boyfriend. So, the idea of things like evolution and science and my Christianity never conflicted.

Until I reached puberty and began thinking thoughts that are usually frowned upon by the church. I found that everything I did, from the music I listened to, to the things I did in my bed with my hands, to the thoughts I had about women, to the video games and shows I watched, were considered EVIL by most church standards.

Not only that, but I had several family members who were very conservative christian and were always like "This is evil and that is evil and everything was evil" and was a regular member of a Nazarene church, and the Nazarene are pretty damn conservative.

It wasn't until I was a little older and I saw someone tell a person grieving for a dead family member that, because she hadn't been a "saved" christian, that the dead family member was going to hell, that I realized I didn't like the way mainstream Christianity operated. Not to mention all the gay friends I have who technically I shouldn't be hanging around, as they are all destined for hell for turning against God.

Before you criticize me, you best realize that I am an agonistic liberal christian, or at least I was raised one. So if you're saying I'm stereotyping and bullshitting, then I must be bullshitting and stereotyping about myself, much as I would be if I called myself a furfag or said I want to yiff in a fursuit! Or if I was black and called myself a N***er. You can get offended all you want but realize I'm being offensive to myself as well.

I've been raised amongst conservative Christians, I've gone to Conservative and liberal churches. I happen to know very well that not all christians are fundie, not all are gay hating assholes, and it's only those fundies and conservatives that piss me off, because I've had to be around them and deal with them in the past. I also know the theology better than you do.Most of what I mentioned were not stereotypes but actual DOGMA

Jesus said the wages of sin is death (eternal death, in other words your soul disappers), and the only way to the Father and Eternal Life is through Jesus. So that Buddist would be destined for either eternal death or Hell, for not going through Jesus to get to Heaven. It also says very specifically in the Old Testament (but not so clearly in the New) that man cannot lie with man and woman cannot lie with women, so Homosexuality is forbidden as well.

So in other words, established Christian doctrine is that you HAVE To give Jesus your sins in order to go to heaven. That's the basic point and tenant of Christianity. Which means non-Christians are unsaved and do not receive eternal life. Whether that means they end up in purgatory, that the souls of the unsaved disappear into the ether, or they go to Hell as it says in Revelations, is up to individual interpretation.

Edit: (I had to go re-read my post again.)

Also, notice that I said SOME people believe that being saved gives them a free ticket to do whatever they want. I'm not making this up, I've met people like this in person. It's the same as that guy who just killed the abortion clinic doctor in Kansas today. He thinks that it's A-Okay to ignore the 10 commandments that says "thou shall not murder" if it's an abortion doctor, who in his eyes is a mass murderer. Many people distort the Christian religion all they want to make it fit their cruel, mean, or hateful agenda, including fundies who hate gays.

I forgot where I was going with this.

In any case, I'm going to be the first one to say this, but dammit, you over-react way too much from the littlest things. You start arguments over nothing in nearly every thread. I don't know if you're just overly sensitive and over-react over little things, or if you're actually trolling and trying to start flamewars, but if it's the former, you should stop taking things so offensively. We're not all against you, we're not trying to put you down or harass you. Don't take things so seriously and personally. And calm down!

(I'm sorry if I've taken this too far....)
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:38 pm
[-Erik-]

I'm mexican, so I must:

-Work at Taco Bell
-Be an illegal immigrant
-Be a criminal
-Be ugly
-Be poor
-Wear a wide brim hat

CHYEAH 8D

I love stereotypes.

There was a Mexican stereotype, too! "I'm Mexican, so I must have hopped the border." X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:46 pm
Im intellegent so I don't stereotype people. Woot I got Orange Box and im downloading gmod now.

You did take it too far KillerLee, you type way too much. Write a book or something, doesn't even have to make sense, just type in Microsoft Word and type how you feel about everything to let it out. I didn't even read all of what you say, I rarely ever read everything you post, the only thing that caught my attention was the small print.

Just because many christians do one thing, doesn't mean all of them do it.

*SLAPS THIS DOWN ON THE TABLE*
(Stereotyping is just obnoxious and ignorant. Why is it ignorant? Because it's easy to do. Anyone can do it, you just have to be intellegent enough to see more than just that.) SHA-ZA BAM!

I am on the top of my mountain today!! I'm not even angry anymore.

Just stop the stereotyping, it's immature, ignorant, and obnoxious.

Ha, I typed this over a 40 minute period between rounds on TF2.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm
I am reminded of a story about a kettle and a pot.

Stereotypes happen and there is nothing anyone can do about it. One can either whine and cry about them, or deal with it and move on.

Selene Aries

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 pm
btw, you spelled intelligent wrong

I agree, everyone stereotypes or does some sort of profiling. And stereotypes aren't about being ignorant; it's just grouping together people into a category.

Such as, "All asians are smart." This is true, but it is also a stereotype because the "majority" of asians are smart. My brother just returned from the Philippines and he said that "everyone" there is an engineer, doctor or lawyer. Even without meaning to, he stereotyped everyone in the philippines into three jobs.
And I am not smart, I am not an engineer, doctor or lawyer, but I don't mind because I have my own useful skills.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:20 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
Im intellegent so I don't stereotype people. Woot I got Orange Box and im downloading gmod now.

You did take it too far KillerLee, you type way too much. Write a book or something, doesn't even have to make sense, just type in Microsoft Word and type how you feel about everything to let it out. I didn't even read all of what you say, I rarely ever read everything you post, the only thing that caught my attention was the small print.

Just because many christians do one thing, doesn't mean all of them do it.

*SLAPS THIS DOWN ON THE TABLE*
(Stereotyping is just obnoxious and ignorant. Why is it ignorant? Because it's easy to do. Anyone can do it, you just have to be intellegent enough to see more than just that.) SHA-ZA BAM!

I am on the top of my mountain today!! I'm not even angry anymore.

Just stop the stereotyping, it's immature, ignorant, and obnoxious.

Ha, I typed this over a 40 minute period between rounds on TF2.

I think you're the one taking this way TOO far.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:22 pm
Sunegami
[-Erik-]

I'm mexican, so I must:

-Work at Taco Bell
-Be an illegal immigrant
-Be a criminal
-Be ugly
-Be poor
-Wear a wide brim hat

CHYEAH 8D

I love stereotypes.

There was a Mexican stereotype, too! "I'm Mexican, so I must have hopped the border." X3

Well, I can hop over things really good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 pm
Sunegami

Never got why Jews got labeled with greedy when Catholics so pwn them when it comes to acquiring money. rofl  

Null Chamber

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:38 am
Null Chamber
Sunegami

Never got why Jews got labeled with greedy when Catholics so pwn them when it comes to acquiring money. rofl

Because in medieval times, the Jews were the money-lenders. 3nodding  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces