Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saving Christianity from Christians

Back to Guilds

a Guild for teh eBil liberals 

Tags: Liberal, Christian, Exegesis, Study 

Reply Main Forum
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 am
rmcdra
Welcome SCN

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 am
on the internet i am shanna66
im 22
and im christian, not sure what type yet

i was invited to the guild and figured why not? im a christian and i try to be open minded  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 am
Shanna66
on the internet i am shanna66
im 22
and im christian, not sure what type yet

i was invited to the guild and figured why not? im a christian and i try to be open minded
Welcome Shanna66 glad to have you with us.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 am
First Name: I go by Kilo online. I made it a rule never to give my real name online, although I will use James if someone wants a name other than my username.

Age: Over 18, I don't give out my exact age either. Usually. Sometimes I slip on this one.

Religion: I don't normally say I'm in any specific religion anymore due to problems it has caused in the past, but I have been Buddhist, Shintoist (modified though), and Taoist in the past. Through all that I remained Christian and merely added some of the beliefs and moral teachings from those religions and philosophies to my own. I have since dropped Shinto and Taoism, but stick to Buddhism.

Denomination: None.

What drew you to this guild? An invite from RMC after I posted a complaint in the Buddhist guild I'm in about a website I went to in which all the worst stereotypes of Christianity given by the people who dislike Christianity were shown by people calling themselves Christians.

Influential quote: "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -Martin Luther King Jr.  

Lord Alucard Ere Casanova

Romantic Phantom

9,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:38 pm
Welcome Kilo, I know way too many James-s so I'm going to stick to calling you Kilo.

Glad you accepted the invite. I look forward to your Devil's advocate posts razz . We need some "shaking up" up in here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm
rmcdra
This is for all members to introduce themselves to the guild.

First Name:
Denomination:

What drew you to this guild?

Influential quote:

Any other information you would like to share, feel welcome.

First Name: Call me Emme.
Religion: Christian; but only insofar as I was born Christian - I accept the validity of most faiths and am heavily influenced by Zen Buddhism and Taoism
Denomination: Roman Catholic

Basically, the best answer to this question from my standpoint can be summed up by Stephen Colbert: "I love my Church, and I'm a Catholic who was raised by intellectuals, who were very devout. I was raised to believe that you could question the Church and still be a Catholic." I believe that within Christianity in general, there is a need for such a questioning discourse, and this guild seems to cultivate such a discourse, which I look forward to being a part of.

Influential quote:
The one in my signature: Gandalf - "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
And I feel that Ecclesiastes 9:10 echoes Gandalf's words - "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."  

weirwood

5,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 am
musing_maiden

Religion: Christian; but only insofar as I was born Christian - I accept the validity of most faiths and am heavily influenced by Zen Buddhism and Taoism

Basically, the best answer to this question from my standpoint can be summed up by Stephen Colbert: "I love my Church, and I'm a Catholic who was raised by intellectuals, who were very devout. I was raised to believe that you could question the Church and still be a Catholic." I believe that within Christianity in general, there is a need for such a questioning discourse, and this guild seems to cultivate such a discourse, which I look forward to being a part of.

Influential quote:
The one in my signature: Gandalf - "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
And I feel that Ecclesiastes 9:10 echoes Gandalf's words - "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."
Welcome to the guild. I love that quote by Colbert by the way. I have a heresiologist buddy that goes by that stance too. Again glad to have you here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 am
Name: you can call me 2 or what ever you wish. The phat is a word that means something else. Praise, Him, All Times... the ian is just added cause someone else had the simple version.
age 26
religion: Christian,  

2_phatian

weirwood

5,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 pm
rmcdra
musing_maiden

Influential quote:
Welcome to the guild. I love that quote by Colbert by the way. I have a heresiologist buddy that goes by that stance too. Again glad to have you here.

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I'm glad you like the quotation!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 pm
2_phatian
Name: you can call me 2 or what ever you wish. The phat is a word that means something else. Praise, Him, All Times... the ian is just added cause someone else had the simple version.
age 26
religion: Christian,

well welcome 2. You are the same age as me. Anyway welcome to the guild.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Illumina Vierge
Crew

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am
Hello. For simplicity sake I go by Venus.

Religion: None. I've considered myself an atheist for some time. On occasion I masquerade as someone religious to experiement with perception, but I've shyed away from that as I ultimately concluded it was a tad deceptive >.>. I like talking about God though. I can conceive how he might exist, but in a nutshel, because I haven't had a personal experience to go with that, it remains a curiosity.

Well, I've known rmcdra for a while, albeit loosely, and he responded to one of my posts. In particular, I was asking something to the effect of, "where are all the good Christians at?" And he invited me here. Could be a sign maybe? 3nodding But it's certainly good timing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 am
Splendid Sailor Venus
Hello. For simplicity sake I go by Venus.

Religion: None. I've considered myself an atheist for some time. On occasion I masquerade as someone religious to experiement with perception, but I've shyed away from that as I ultimately concluded it was a tad deceptive >.>. I like talking about God though. I can conceive how he might exist, but in a nutshel, because I haven't had a personal experience to go with that, it remains a curiosity.

Well, I've known rmcdra for a while, albeit loosely, and he responded to one of my posts. In particular, I was asking something to the effect of, "where are all the good Christians at?" And he invited me here. Could be a sign maybe? 3nodding But it's certainly good timing.
Welcome Venus. Glad you accepted the invite. I look forward to having you share what wisdom you have with us. I think there are two other atheists in this guild. One hasn't posted in quite some time. The other posts kinda infrequently and has given some nice advice to some of our guild members here.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 am
Welcome Venus (and all preceding that I haven't personally said welcome to)...

I would like to think that we are good people here Christian or not, and I think it's an awesome place to talk about God and get different perceptions and perspectives without judgment or condemnation towards your own views.

... course "Good Christian" is purely a subjective term, as it would mean something completely different to each individual. LOL blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 am
Hi everyone! smile

First Name: You can call me Demonia, or Demo for short.

Religion: I am currently studying and exploring different Pagan paths and traditions. I have no set religion at this time.

What drew you to this guild? I was invited after I made it clear in another guild that I have nothing against Christians, I just want to get a better understanding of Christianity. I joined a bible study for intellectual reasons but I feel that I need more than just one perspective to really understand the Christian bible.  

DemoniaFairy

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 am
Glad to see you made it Demonia. smile  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items