Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fetal Containment Field
Fetus Fridge Version 2.0 (chat thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:27 pm
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite
really?

i stopped posting in the ED debate thread when it was reformed because so many fellow pro-choicers do such a great job at educating the masses. this of course means i dont have a personal hatred tword anyone in particular. Just the general anti-choice population... which i am sad to report is increasing in numbers.

Smite button would be nice. I could do it without being seen then.. ninja
Yep.

I don't post much anymore either, but that was a long while ago when I stopped. But we can still have plenty of hate, all we have to do is go to their guild and read all their super-secret thoughts of DOOM and fluffy fetus bunnies.

*adds fluffed fetus bunnies to the menu*
Oh yes, their guild is quite amusing. One part i particuarly laugh at is the "Stupid Arguments" thread.
They classify any argument they dont like as stupid. I mean we usually use stupid analogies because they wouldnt understand intelligent ones. At least that is what i have come to think on. Hehe.

*tries fluffed fetus bunnies* Oh my, that is surprisingly good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:10 am
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite
really?

i stopped posting in the ED debate thread when it was reformed because so many fellow pro-choicers do such a great job at educating the masses. this of course means i dont have a personal hatred tword anyone in particular. Just the general anti-choice population... which i am sad to report is increasing in numbers.

Smite button would be nice. I could do it without being seen then.. ninja
Yep.

I don't post much anymore either, but that was a long while ago when I stopped. But we can still have plenty of hate, all we have to do is go to their guild and read all their super-secret thoughts of DOOM and fluffy fetus bunnies.

*adds fluffed fetus bunnies to the menu*
Oh yes, their guild is quite amusing. One part i particuarly laugh at is the "Stupid Arguments" thread.
They classify any argument they dont like as stupid. I mean we usually use stupid analogies because they wouldnt understand intelligent ones. At least that is what i have come to think on. Hehe.

*tries fluffed fetus bunnies* Oh my, that is surprisingly good. 3nodding

I like how a good bit of those prolifers in that guild claim that they don't label people etc.. that they're not baised or judgemental.(like saying a teenage mother is a slut who couldnt keep her legs shut kind of labeling)
yet if they do it with arguments. how do you think they are in real life razz

Trite~Elegy

Yi Min

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:45 pm
I started my new semester last week. We were talking about subjects that are overdone. One of them was abortion. (AKA the Professor did not want anymore research papers done on abortion.) Ok, fine whatever. But then he said he said something about "A new type of abortion called partial birth abortion."

I wanted to say something. But I didn't and now I feel like crap that I didn't speak up.

*Stomps on shyness*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:03 pm
Yi Min: Remember, he is but a bug on the windshield of your life. It's the best way to avoid stabbing him in the eyes with forceps. Although that'd be kinda funny, in my opinion.

We started our new semester last week, too. Most of my classes are fine, but I ended up with the most hated teacher in the school for one class. Micromanagement does not even begin to describe her teaching methods. I know we kids b***h and complain a lot about school, but the way she treats freshmen is ridiculous even taking that into account.

S. Shark

Yi Min

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:01 pm
sybex Shark
Yi Min: Remember, he is but a bug on the windshield of your life. It's the best way to avoid stabbing him in the eyes with forceps. Although that'd be kinda funny, in my opinion.

We started our new semester last week, too. Most of my classes are fine, but I ended up with the most hated teacher in the school for one class. Micromanagement does not even begin to describe her teaching methods. I know we kids b***h and complain a lot about school, but the way she treats freshmen is ridiculous even taking that into account.

You are right. I only have him for one semester anyway. I wont ever have to see him again after this.

I have an extreme dislike for teachers who mistreat freshmen. Expecially because it is usually most difficult for them to adjust to the new enviroment.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:00 pm
Yi Min
sybex Shark

You are right. I only have him for one semester anyway. I wont ever have to see him again after this.

I have an extreme dislike for teachers who mistreat freshmen. Expecially because it is usually most difficult for them to adjust to the new enviroment.
I just found out this, too: watching movies for a long time after the first week is reaaaaaaaaally good for your mental health. Seriously.

It's definately just freshmen, to. I have a brother and senior mentor to testify to it. She treats the seniors fine. I can understand treating seniors better/giving them more freedom, but the blatant difference in just general respect... Flying Spagetti Monster help me.

S. Shark

Yi Min

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:55 pm
sybex Shark
Yi Min
sybex Shark

I just found out this, too: watching movies for a long time after the first week is reaaaaaaaaally good for your mental health. Seriously.

It's definately just freshmen, to. I have a brother and senior mentor to testify to it. She treats the seniors fine. I can understand treating seniors better/giving them more freedom, but the blatant difference in just general respect... Flying Spagetti Monster help me.

Hmm.. Maybe someone should turn her in? I didn't think teachers were allowed to treat people that much differently because of education level. >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:47 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has, but I doubt anyone would listen. She's been there for years, and schools don't generally want to replace teachers. Besides that, it probably is all right, if not solely because it's very hard to prove.

All my other teachers are cool, though. One is a movie freak. Anyone hear have any idea what the movie "Primer" is about? O_o;;

S. Shark

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 pm
Heh. Kinda sorta not really reminds me of my eighth grade language arts teacher. xD If only with the most literal shared characteristic...[/babble]

Yeah, she sucked. It was kind of funny, since we were in eighth grade and my class (8th hour) was full of class clowns. So we played small, stupid, unnoticed pranks on her. We tried to do a pencil drop...it didn't work. What was funny with that one was that the signal was for the signaler to cough. Well, he was hacking away and only about ten people dropped their pencils. xD

Wait...have I already told this story in this guild? o___O;;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:34 pm
Nope, 'ya didn't. Interesting. I wonder... nah, that'd be mean. Although entirely possible...

I think we might be talking about the same teacher. I mean, I'd swear I was taking English from the way she grades. She didn't check the answers to our questions at all ('tis geography), but she took off points for things like not leaving enough margin space or... hell, I'm not even sure what mistake I made on mine, but I did, and got a 90 instead of 100 for it. [/whine]

S. Shark

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:27 am
sybex Shark
Nope, 'ya didn't. Interesting. I wonder... nah, that'd be mean. Although entirely possible...

I think we might be talking about the same teacher. I mean, I'd swear I was taking English from the way she grades. She didn't check the answers to our questions at all ('tis geography), but she took off points for things like not leaving enough margin space or... hell, I'm not even sure what mistake I made on mine, but I did, and got a 90 instead of 100 for it. [/whine]

That sounds a lot like my teacher. Maybe they're twins? xd

Since it was language arts, the curriculum demanded we read a number of certain books. So, we read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry ( heart that book) and had a large test on it. That was worth 200 points.

The first question asked us who the book was dedicated to. Luckily enough, 7th hour told us what was coming and we in 8th hour got to quickly scan the front pages of the book before the test.

Then, we got them back graded about a week or so later. I still have that test to this day (though it's lost somewhere on my desk), and when we first got it, my classmates and I had a blast looking through the questions we got wrong.

I got #35 wrong. I had circled the answer C (it was a multiple choice test). Ronald had gotten #35 right. He had also circled C.

This wasn't a one-time thing. There were a couple other questions that I got right, and that he got wrong. There were also a number of questions that we all got wrong, even though we checked in the book and found that the answer we had given was right.

I don't think anyone actually went to talk to her about it, probably because we had a pretty good hunch she'd just wave it off as our fault.

But she had a weird grading pattern. Most tests and quizzes (with the exception of the above) were worth 12 points, but homework worksheets were worth 100 points. confused

As much as I disliked the smell of her room, I almost looked forward to that class. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Probably.

Never heard of it. *adds it to list of books to get from library* We're supposedly reading Farenheit 451 in my English class. I have the book but haven't read it. Irony would be at it's greatest if the schools copies were censored, but I doubt they are. (Funny note: my school doesn't censor the art it has hanging on the walls. It functions as a mini art museum for other schools. We have Michealangelo, Georgia O'Keefe...)

A book dedication? That seems rather frivolous, like she was padding the test. All the more reason to have more essay questions than multiple choice. Essays are so much easier. For me, at least. sweatdrop All the multiple choice are easy, and so mindnumbing...

The grading sounds like my teacher's as well! Amazing, they must be related SOMEHOW!

How you could possibly look forward to that?

S. Shark

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:59 am
sybex Shark
How you could possibly look forward to that?

Because practically every class included some sort of prank-adventure-gone-not-working, and while I utterly despised the class, it was always a hoot to sit with my friends (she constantly moved people around for stupid reasons, but I don't think she ever figured out that she kept putting me next to or near my friends. I had only befriended five girls in that class too, and in the countless times she reseated me, I always ended up within the vicinity of one of them xd ) and watch the teacher do her weird stupid stuff.

We knew our parents knew she was an awful teacher, but there wasn't much we could do--she had tenure (I think that's how it's spelled), and even with the numerous complaints from when we were in sixth grade, she still wasn't even questioned about it. The admins just didn't listen to the parents.

Oddly enough, this teacher was actually pretty nice when she wasn't teaching. My friend and I (who I actually met due to the first seating arrangement in that class--alphabetical order. So, that's one good thing about that class) were able to have a couple actual conversations with her before without being sarcastic or snarky. Or lying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:41 am
Bwahahaha I now have a sword. ninja Which will be used to choppeth upeth ebil pro-punishment because they are the worst.

*raises sword like she gave some sort of inspirational speech. Runs around, falls over*

Uhm..

*puts a fetus cookie at end of her sword and eats it.*

Yi Min

S. Shark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:01 pm
*looks from the angelic umbrella to the sword*

O_O;; If the angelic umbrella looks like a tampon, then the sword is a used... ewh.

Fetal Containment Field

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff