Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:50 pm
Jameta
QueenCrystal
Jameta
QueenCrystal
Is a Pentagram the same as a Pentale?
There's a great article at The Ranting Witches website- The Real (and Boring) difference between the pentagram and the pentacle. If the link bounces you to their main page, click the link that says "Pick a Ranter" on the side bar, and it's under the person named Beta.

On a side note, I think I've read every article. sweatdrop
Oh so they are the same o.O thanks
No, no, no, no, no, no. sweatdrop A pentagram is 2-D, like a triangle, while a pentacle is 3-D, like a pyramid. Unless on a shirt or other flat surface, you will always wear a pentacle.
*Falls over*  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 am
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Rakei
The Wallaby
Jameta
QueenCrystal
Jameta
QueenCrystal
Is a Pentagram the same as a Pentale?
There's a great article at The Ranting Witches website- The Real (and Boring) difference between the pentagram and the pentacle. If the link bounces you to their main page, click the link that says "Pick a Ranter" on the side bar, and it's under the person named Beta.

On a side note, I think I've read every article. sweatdrop
Oh so they are the same o.O thanks
No, no, no, no, no, no. sweatdrop A pentagram is 2-D, like a triangle, while a pentacle is 3-D, like a pyramid. Unless on a shirt or other flat surface, you will always wear a pentacle.
Indeed. The pentagram is the actual symbol, and the pentacle is a 3D pentagram.

I thought the pentacle was just the pentagram with a ring around it to represent the goddess or the circle... but yeah...
Same here....
Nope- if one reads the article, it makes painfully obvious sense.

if you'll excuse my ignorance. But does it matter!? A symbol has the power that people gives it right? so it wouldn't really matter as they are the same...
Also a HOOP!? A cicle isn't a hoop when in 3D! It's a sphere since what you do is make it have a mass...  

Rakei

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:48 pm
Rakei
if you'll excuse my ignorance. But does it matter!? A symbol has the power that people gives it right? so it wouldn't really matter as they are the same...
Also a HOOP!? A cicle isn't a hoop when in 3D! It's a sphere since what you do is make it have a mass...
It isn't cirtical to know for one to continue living, but it keeps one from sounding like a fool, as not only is a pentacle the 3-D version of a pentagram, it is also an object and common tool found on an altar, used to represent the element of Earth. You are correct that its power is derived from what people give it, but items work better when they are more properly understand. As in you and I would work better if I refered to you by your proper user name, rather than if I called you Reiki- they somewhat look and sound the same (well, I don't really know how to pronounce either, but it makes sense sweatdrop ), Rakei is you, while...

What is Reiki
Reiki (pronounced ray-kee) is a Japanese term usually translated as "Universal Life Force". It is made up of two ideograms; Rei meaning "Universal" and Ki meaning "Life Force". However the Bhuddists refer to it differently - "The Indomitable Power of Being".

Reiki is based on the premise that there is a higher power (unlike religions, it does not then attempt to identify it) of which we are all part. We can access this life force, channel and then direct it in healing.

The link.

A hoop is a tubular mass that takes a circular track, by the way. biggrin A ball is a sphere, which is the 3-D version of a circle.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:26 am
Jameta
Rakei
It isn't cirtical to know for one to continue living, but it keeps one from sounding like a fool, as not only is a pentacle the 3-D version of a pentagram, it is also an object and common tool found on an altar, used to represent the element of Earth. You are correct that its power is derived from what people give it, but items work better when they are more properly understand. As in you and I would work better if I refered to you by your proper user name, rather than if I called you Reiki- they somewhat look and sound the same (well, I don't really know how to pronounce either, but it makes sense sweatdrop ), Rakei is you, while...

What is Reiki
Reiki (pronounced ray-kee) is a Japanese term usually translated as "Universal Life Force". It is made up of two ideograms; Rei meaning "Universal" and Ki meaning "Life Force". However the Bhuddists refer to it differently - "The Indomitable Power of Being".

Reiki is based on the premise that there is a higher power (unlike religions, it does not then attempt to identify it) of which we are all part. We can access this life force, channel and then direct it in healing.

The link.

A hoop is a tubular mass that takes a circular track, by the way. biggrin A ball is a sphere, which is the 3-D version of a circle.

Ahh now I see. thank you.  

Rakei

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:33 pm
No problem, Reiki. blaugh whee  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:55 pm
Jameta
No problem, Reiki. blaugh whee

stare gonk  

Rakei

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:20 pm
I have a question about forming a cone of power.

Just to clarify, it a white light you envision around yourself to ward off unwatned spirits from interfering with you while you do any kind of work.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but when I do it, I close my eyes and send out a strong wave of energy. Then I can actually see a ring of white light approaching me (eyes are still closed) and then it radiates outward and when I stopped sending out energy I have a great refreshing feeling.

On average, it takes about 10 seconds to do it.

Now, if I were a master at the craft, this wouldn't shake a feather at me, but I'll admit: I'm not that great. I'm not the best nor do I claim to even be that good, which is why I'm wondering if I'm doing it right.

Now, I use it whenever I do anything, even praying or trying to catch someones attention through an energy wave. So it may be that with how much I do it, I could me good at it.

I guess I'm just wondering how long it takes you to feel that you're satisfied with your cone of power.

Also, can anyone tell me the candle color for attractiveness? Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:37 pm
Quadadiddle

Also, can anyone tell me the candle color for attractiveness? Thanks.
The candle color of attrictiveness, I believe is pink, because pink stands for affection, romance, and self-respect.

I also do have a question my self. Is there a spell, or magick, or just some way to double check that you've met "The one" in your life or "Mr. Right" Is there a sure fire way of knowing, besides just your intution?

I also want to know how can you touch someone who lives miles away? My friend who lives in TN runs his hands down my arms and kisses me all the time, I can feel it. He even holds my hand. But I wonder how does he touch me, he wont tell me how he does it, I want to learn how to do it, can somebody tell me, or teach me?

QueenCrystal

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:34 am
Hmmm, for the first one, meditation and prayer. I don't of know of any other 'solid' methods other than those, as those are meant to bring insight. By focusing on the question, something might come to you while doing so. Scrying might help, too. The only other method is reading cards or stones, such as tarot, but unless you really know what you're doing, you could end up in a hell of a mess.

For the second one, I think it would require training/practice in visualization and energy projection, which would then involve (for me; others may have other ways) meditation and focus.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:40 pm
When's somebody gonna answer my questions!?!?!! crying  

QueenCrystal

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:27 pm
As for the Mr. Right thing, I doubt the Goddess ever makes it that easy. As for the long-distance thoing, a strong emotional link would definitely help. I don't know much else  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:59 pm
I understand what you're saying, Nihilistic.

My friend and I tried to touch each other yesterday, and here are the results:

When I tired to touch him for the first time, My friend wasnt touched but he got the shivers some. There was something in his room that didnt want me "tresspassing" I guess. When I was concentrating and imagning that I was able to be physcial with my friend, the only part of my body I moved was my hand. After I was done, my hand got very cold, and my friend said he felt something very negative looking over his sholder. It freaked him out some but he calmed down after a while.

For my second try, I then entered my arm into his room. It also got cold, but, the spirit of who/what ever it was left us alone, and my friend said he got very heavy postitive shivers. Which was good.

After that, I tried one last session, He then got the postitive shivers agian, but, this time, I tried to rub his back, and as I do, My hand and arm got welcomely warm. It was pretty nice, but I think I accidently kicked him in the leg while trying to touch him XD.

My friend and I then decided to try it the other way around, He tried to touch me, and to my amazement, in the process, my body warmed up 3 times more, and he touched my hand. A few minutes later, he kicked me back lol.

During that night, we both tried to touch each other. At this time, we had no communication, but, Everythimg he is deeply thinking about me, I get like 5 times hotter. And everytime I concentrate on him, he gets all the shivers. He thinks about me alot, and daily, I can tell I can feel it, and i do believe that him and I have a stong bond.

I hear that this type of Magick is pretty old, and not alot of people know about it/ practice it. I know that you can open your mind and unlock magick if you believe, know what you're doing, and try hard enough. I think that I can learn how to do this, errorlessly, if I knew all the pieces to the puzzle of this magick. With my willingness to learn, and my determination, I feel that I can pull it off.

However, there is one question that is startleing me (sp). How do you send a "piece" of you / push out your energy to another person, so that my spirit/ energy can be in their bodies and or presence?

Part 2.

After everything last night, I tried the White light method that Quadadiddle was talking about eariler. A white light, and using my imagination made me feel so peaceful, happy, and relaxed, that I slept good all night. When I awoke in the morning, I decided to try something different. I agian, summoned the peace giving white light, and decided to try too push the energy towrad my friend, just like I was trying to touch him last night. I believe that he revieced it, and shartly after, I got hotter (like it is when he is thinking about me) So im sure he felt it, and I hope he felt happy. I then turned over in my bed, feeling even happier and more peaceful then I felt last night when trying it for the first time, I then fell asleep, still feeling the peaceful wave. I loved it, and I slept soooooo good, and felt soooo good when I woke up agian, it was hard for me to get out of bed because i was debating weather I wanted to sleep there and float like a cloud, or, go to the mall. lol.

QueenCrystal

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:54 am
Hmm, it seems like that would be a form of Astral projection, which in my exprerience, is really hard. I tried for about 2 months straight, pretty much every night, with crystals to help and only got random parts of my body out. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:46 pm
Just wondering if anyone's tried this method of healing:

I'll have the patient be a male and the healer be a female, for sake of easy explaining.

The patient will lie down on the ground or in a chair, whichever he prefers. He will be facing east if in a chair, or will have his head at east and his feet at west if he chooses to lie down. Traditionally, both the healer and the patient are skyclad, but if it's uncomfortable for either, clothing can be worn.

The healer will form a cone of power over both of them. She will then put her hands on the patints head, and slowly move them down his body. While doing this, she's envisioning herself collecting the black negative energy. When she's at his feet, she will shake her hands vigourously as if physically shaking something off of her hands. She then draws her hands back up, this time envisioning white positive energy flowing into the patients body.

The process of sweeping and refilling is done Seven (maybe several? don't remember..) times. Then, the healer focuses on the area of problem in the patient. She will place a hand on moth sides. If his knee is hurting, she'll place one hand on his kneecap, and the othero n the back of his knee. If it's a lower-back pain, she'll place one hand on his stomach, and the other on his lower-back. She then envisions white energy pulsating back and forth through the problem area, bouncing off her hands.

Now, here is where my memory gets kind of fuzzy. I believe that at this point, she envisions the white light changing into appropriate colors. If there is pain she will envision a blue healing light. If there is need for warmth or blood (essentially both are the same, when you think about it.. but whatever) then she will envision red light. For headaches and calming down anything, she'll envision a soft lavendar light. After that, it's over biggrin

Now, what I'm confused about is the colors. Does anyone know what colors would be used for what purposes?

Also, has anyone else heard of, or tried, this method of healing? It's very similar to Auric Healing, in which you place necessary colors into somones aura to correct imbalance.  

Quadadiddle
Crew

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:25 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Hmm, it seems like that would be a form of Astral projection, which in my exprerience, is really hard. I tried for about 2 months straight, pretty much every night, with crystals to help and only got random parts of my body out. xp
I say its more of a....telekenesis thing.
Try learning how to do it here: How to develop your telekenetic abilities.

The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games