Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spotted Kitten

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:26 pm
User Image
˚ • ○ §αмαиτнα Сαsτנε ○ • ˚

First year

Where I am: the Grand Staircase
I feel: neutral

Sam came out of the fourth floor corridor into the Grand Staircase, followed by Tiny. Stuffing the book she had gotten from the library into her bag, she waited until the moving flight of stairs that took its passengers up to the fifth floor and on had arrived, and stepped onto it, beckoning Tiny to follow. The staircase went up to the fifth, then the sixth floor, where it began to move down again, so Sam got off. The flight of stairs that went to the seventh floor came, went down to the fifth, back to the sixth, and up to the seventh while Sam rode it. Getting off there, she made her way into the seventh floor corridor.

Where Sam thinks Tiny is: following her
Where Tiny is really: riding the flights of stairs for entertainment

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 pm
Walking out onto the landing of the seventh floor,
Indala waited impatiently for the stairs to arrange themselves in a manner
which would allow her to eventually navigate her way out onto the grounds.
Deciding to use the few seconds it would take for the stairs to reach her,
she slid her bag back off of her shoulder and dug around for a bit looking for
her notebook full of parchment.
Suddenly, pain shot through her left forearm and she quickly redrew from the depths of the bag.

Stupid...ugh! I keep forgetting about that.

She looked down sadly at her left arm and used the sleeve of her jumper to apply pressure.
Slowly the pain diminished and she went back to retrieving her notebook.
About the time that she pulled it out the stairs swung around to greet her.
Careful not to hurt her left arm,
she swung the bag back over her right shoulder and scampered down the stairs,
ready to be outside.

User Image

((Next Post: The Lake))

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 pm
User Image

//WILLIAM RADCLIFFE
THIRD YEAR GRYFFINDOR
QUIDDITCH TEAM KEEPER
AND I AM DEFINITELY A KEEPER!

Will hustled onto the landing of the Seventh floor and looked around, hoping to catch sight of his errant girlfriend. Desperation began to grow in his chest when he spotted someone he thought was her down on the ground floor. A low rumble sounded in his chest as he hurried onto the moving stairwell. Grumbling, he ran down the stairs, kicking the railing when the stairs did not work with him. Finally, he reached the ground floor and bolted towards the outside.

{Exit to the Lake}  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 pm
User Image

User Image

Woil left the classroom when they were dismissed and he waited for Allen, biting his thumb, not the nail, but the skin. He was really nervous as to what Allen was going to say and he was upset that he may have been the one to enrage his friend.
"I-I-I hate you s-s-so mu-mu-much right n-n-now..." He said to himself, not caring if anyone was listening.
Shut up, don't even speak, or so help me I will give us a headache so bad we'll both be in pain for awhile.
He looked up at Allen as he left the classroom and spoke first, hoping he didn't anger the boy more... "Y-Y-You wanted to talk..?" He asked, internally pleading his stuttering wouldn't annoy the boy some more. He was really afraid and sad by what happened in there so he was now stuttering.

User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen stepped out of their first class a bit after everyone else, having stopped to say hello to Bea and had received a friendly punch in the arm. He came out of the classroom rubbing it and smiling a bit, spotting Woil, his smile grew even more.
"Yeah, I did, its just-" he stepped closer to the boy and now noticed the stutter and the clear emotion of depress painted on the boy's face, "What's wrong Woil?" His dark eyebrows creased and his face took on a worried expression, replacing the momentary glow.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 pm
User Image

User Image

Woil looked at him, the expression of not knowing what Allen meant clear on his face, "W-W-What do you m-m-mean 'W-W-What's wrong Woil?' O-O-Oh... A-A-And you can ca-ca-call me Wally..." He said not looking at Allen, but down at all the other student's going from class to class happily talking or minding their own business.
"Y-Y-You mean your not mad at m-m-me?" He asked finally taking his gaze away from everyone and looking at Allen.

User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 am
User Image
first year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
His dark eyes stared at the boy, filled with near tangent disbelief. "Mad? Why would I be mad?" He looked down at his robes, remembering the ink, "That was just an accident, no big deal!" He grinned apologetically, his eyes and body language giving away how guilty he felt for making the other boy worried and clearly nerved.
He patted his arm in a friendly gesture, hoping there wouldn't be more such misunderstandings in the future.
"What I wanted to talk about was actually you." He looked up into Woil's eyes, trying to dig deep. Knowing what he was searching for and trying to fish it out.
"So, one part of you if clearly a strong thinker and quite smart if you're in Ravenclaw. Friendly and kind. What is the other part like?" Allen's eyes flashed with a dark, mischievous light and a slightly twisted grin grew up his face. His curiosity was near bursting.
¦¦

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 am
User Image

User Image

Woil stopped stuttering and took a step back, forgetting he was on a staircase and falling backward. He grabbed the rail and kept himself up, but still, he kinda fell and hurt himself again.
"Ow..." He said looking at his other knee which was now scraped as well. He tried to keep the tears back as the pain came to him and he looked up at Allen and stared at him.
You blew it... Now someone knows...
"W-What do you mean Allen..?" He asked, knowing full well on what the boy had meant. Still... He was going to try, with all his might to keep his little secret, just that, a little secret.

User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:24 am
User Image
first year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen saw Woil fall backward and he instinctively reached out and grabbed him by the wrist before he made ground with the stone. But his hand missed and Woil groaned with pain. Allen knelt down beside him, "You alright?"
He looked over the scrape, it did not look too bad, though it would most surely bruise. Woil's slightly quivering question made him focus back to the topic he had brought up himself.
He looked back into Wally''s eyes, momentarily keeping silent. Searching for that other entity once more.
He chuckled goodheartedly. "Your secrets is safe with me, if you want to keep it a secret. You are hiding it really well. if I hadn't known what to look for and how to notice...certain things, I would have just passed it over." He stood up and offered a hand for Woil to help him rise.
"I guess I kind of attacked you with that question, sorry." he shrugged sheepishly, "I have just been curious ever since I noticed."
¦¦

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 am
User Image

User Image

Woil stared back into his eyes, he took a deep breathe to calm his nerves.
"I have no idea what your talking about Allen..." He said rubbing his knee and standing up and heading down to their next class in the dungeons.
Play it cool, this is why I didn't want you hanging out with him. His other half advised him.

User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 am
User Image
first year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen acknowledged his words with a crooked grin as he slowly blinked, eyes still locked, letting the silence stretch out once more. No doubt shining in his eyes at all. No concern or second thought.
"Guess I was mistaken then." he said with a small shrug and a smirk, showing every sign that his words were false and he didn't believe Woil's wall and deflections.
"Off to our next class then?"
¦¦

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 am
Grand Staircase/ First Floor Stairs
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

What a truly breathtaking sight to behold. Ronyo had been told about the moving stairs within the hollowed walls of Hogwarts but they had always been talked about in just a casual manner. Likely from individuals who had walked the stairs more times than they carried to remember and saw them as just another thing of magic. What Ronyo currently beheld was a spectacle that was just simply awe inspiring to say the least.

If nothing else the swiftly shifting stairs symbolized Ronyo’s synaptic swirling in determining on where to wonder. It was a great way to outwardly display the number of choices Ronyo currently had on choosing a location that could contain all manner of secrets and new discoveries. With a grin and a chuckle Ronyo took a step on the ever moving staircase and decided to let the stairs decide.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi had just stepped out of her common room, dressed in robes of black and proudly flashing her Ravenclaw crest on her breast. Stepping from the stair's landing, she stifled a yawn with the back of her hand. As was normal for the book-worm red-head, she had spent the longer half of her night reading her books and texts as well as notes form her other classes. Everything she had experienced so far - from the incredible things taught to her in the classrooms, to the striking amazingness of the school itself - had left a constant bubble of excitement and uncapped joy in her core. It made her want to beam with the largest smile and skip with a free delight in her step.
But even with everything, this staircase was one of the most impressive. Phi had received from her 'magic-guardian' a book regarding Hogwarts and its splendid history. In its pages, there were abundant moving pictures of this indecisive stairwell. When she first was gifted the book, she had stared at those photographs for hours. But the real things was so much grander and awe-filling. She could stand and watch it all day.
But something else caught her attention. A few flights down she spotted the unmistakable long tangle of light hair and smiled brightly.
"Ronyo!" she called down to the boy, rushing down to meet him. (jumping over the trick stair having already memorized where it was)

She came closer and smiled, "Hello, sleep well?" She straightened out the fold of her dress shirt and flattened her tie. "Would you like some company to where ever you are heading?"

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm
User Image

Blaire, leaving his dungeon dormitory, hurriedly passed through the halls and back up the grand staircase. After continuing several flights, he came across his self-proclaimed arch-nemeses meandering about the castle, and a playful smirk broke his otherwise vacant outward appearance. "Phinelia, Ronyo," he greeted curtly with an inspecting eye and a nod. And just as quickly as he'd appeared, the blonde rushed off to his destination.

User Image

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lady Remington

Fashionable Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 pm
User Image
User Image

╔══════════════╗
mythology
╚══════════════╝

Professor Tarsis left her classroom and sighed. No one had shown up for her class. The Mythology class wasn't that well known, but she had expected a couple people to show up for it. Something batted at the endes of her robes while she waited for a staircase to get to the thrid floor and she looked down. A smile spread on her face when she saw it was Naidia, her cat. Alyenthi bent down and picked her up, scratching her between the ears. "What are you doing out here Niadia? I thought you were asleep in my office chair." She just purred beneath her hand and Alyenthi walked down the stairs when they arrived. Maybe just by walking down the hallways and stairs she might find some students who'd be willing to take her class and give her something to do.

▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄prepare for a
new worl d▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image  
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers