Age of Warriors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:21 pm
Crux exploded his armor in such power that those in the tent watching were thrown to the ground. His blade was at Beauboun’s throat in seconds. His eyes glazed in a dark way that battled the candles lit in the tent.

“Now you listen here you good for nothing has been. You were useless back there. You did not gain us the slightest sliver of ground and you couldn’t even if we tried it over again.” Crux was distraught at the amount of miscommunication and confusion surrounding me. “What makes you think I didn’t call for an organized retreat? I stood my ground and backed off with my shield raised. I saved countless lives as I continued back and the hundreds of men around me saw that and followed my example. Anything other than that are the fiddles of a weak retard who shouldn’t be allowed to breathe anyway. Why would I just flee like a baby? If someone wants to question me let them question it to my face. I will rid them of the planet quickly. I might as well start with you!” Crux growled.

Muez’s eyes slid from the fight about to embark inside the tent. He wouldn’t let it happen but he trusted Crux. He knew it was important for him. He had something to prove. He agreed with Crux. He never once saw a confused furry of fear. The man was always composed and only an idiot would see it any other way.

“I think what Crux is trying to say in a most convincing way Deauboun is that you are at fault here for inducing a army wide fear and you should speak before all of them if Crux cannot. I would also advise you make this decision wisely.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:51 pm
Lady Beauboun looked at Muez with a neutral expression as he pulled his blade and put it at her throat. She smiled as the two made their threats and called her out, "You are a fearsome warrior Crux, no doubt about that; you lack poise and forethought though. Atlas it is you who is misunderstanding what I said. I do not think you are a coward for retreating, I would have done the same thing. I understood what your words meant when you called for the retreat. But it was not me and it was not you who was hearing them. It was a bunch of unintelligent peasants who do not understand battle such as we do. To them what they heard was you saying that the whole battle was pointless, that they all would die, that the enemy would kill them. This is not so, but the way you phrased it, it is how they interrupted it. What I am mad at you for is how you did not stop to think about the words you were choosing. Instead you said something that set the rabble into a panic. You are no longer a fighter Crux. You are now a leader, your men will look to you, something that is small to you, is everything to them. When they saw you use those dramatic terms like pointless and die, they thought all was lost and that it was every man for themselfs. Crux if you lay a hand on me here then all you prove is that you are unfit to be a leader of men, merely a beast with a blade. Learn from your mistake and own up to it, do not take it out on me.

As to the question of why I did not fight. What was I supposed to do? Take to the air by myself? And suffer the wrath of Scigle's diamonds and hundreds of arrows? I never would have made it half way to the wall. You on the other hand bear the title of Shield of the North for good reason. That is why you lead the assault, not I. And I stayed back in camp for a good reason if you would take a step back and reason instead of think with nothing but you sword. What would have happened if you had fallen in the field? The entire army would have been leaderless and been slaughtered or surrendered, or else become bandits raiding innocent towns people. Do you think the men would listen to Muez? No offense my friend, but men will never be willing to follow you less they know you for the kind man you are. Crux we are no longer in the arena, the rules and etiquette are quite different here. If you mean to matter to this war than I suggest you take breathe and realize you must learn that. I have spent countless hours at the books, learning and reading of ancient wars, preparing for the new role I have to play. We need not Champions Crux, the men need leaders of war."  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:50 pm
A tremor dug into Crux. He had been so worried about his name and his honor that he had lost all focus on the lives of the men walking beside them. That is how he had seen it this whole time, just men in arms walking beside him; not that they followed him. Crux felt sick. His sword retracted faster than it had come out and his face melted into sadness. Muez quickly built up a chair to catch his falling body.

“I never asked to lead Lady Beauboun” Crux choked on every word. His gaze followed the trim of the tent. He felt as though his armor had been cracked by Lady Beauboun’s words alone.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself Crux. None of us know how to lead an army of this size. We only had to worry about ourselves and a small team of very capable legends.” Muez interjected Crux’s defeated somber. He kicked the chair upward to force Crux back to his feet. With the same speed and ferocity he shot a sword attached to a long wooden arm aimed straight for Crux’s spine. Crux spun around with his shield out, breaking the sword in half with the pure force of his spin and then had his sword at the puppets throat. “You are the shield and always will be. Nothing gets to you, so don’t let it and don’t show it. The men need that from you.”

“Your right Muez, you are always right. Lady Beauboun, I am sorry I got upset. I did not think my words would ruin morale. We need to think of a way to get that back.” Crux thought for a second before the craziest thought came to mind. “I may know of a way to do that. Your right we don’t need to think like we are back on the rift but what if we showed them for a second that same power. That would reinvent their views of us. I have this crazy plan that might just do that and stick it back to the enemies for all our fallen. When you asked me what you could do on the front lines it made me think of your air powers. This is actually perfect. The three of us ride on Muez’s monster puppet. He keeps it moving while you redirect any projectile attacks that come at the puppet. I will protect the two of you and then we unleash the machine at the wall once we get close enough. If we bake the wall we will have the army charge and finally get some revenge. But we can only do this quickly if those reinforcements aren’t coming around soon. There is nothing this army could do against the three of us and Sigule wouldn’t be able to take us. He can’t even take me alone.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 pm
post darn you  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Dugan195
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:01 pm
Lady Beauboun looked at the shameful Crux and nodded her head, "that is a good idea. but the men are tired, they suffered their first defeat today and I would not have them try again right away. If the plan were to fail who knows how long it would be before they felt like they could win against these bastards. Give a couple of days for the men to recover and we will consider enacting that plan." She said with a wave of dismissal. It had been a long day and everyone was tired, Lady Beauboun just wanted to go to bed for the moment.

A few days later a rider came into camp bearing news from the capital. Crux and Muez were summoned into the camp at first light to hear the news. When they entered Lady Beauboun was staring at the maps of country she was marking troop movements on it across the country. In the few short weeks since the war had broke off the fighting had been fierce. Everyone was egear to go to war and earn glory, people voluneteered for what they thought would be a glorious campaign against evil along side the hereos they worshipped in the arena. The true horror of war hit hard though, the first week had seen lots of movement and action, but not the lines were halting and men were realizing the mistake of going to war.Both sides had only minor gains in any one side's territory, and elsewhere along the front the side they had won had beaten their own troops back, resulting in jagged edges of the war lines along all fronts.

"Crux, Muez, I have some bad news to share. Apperently Artimus Finn, the Butcher of Harrow, escaped from prison during the battle of Kalbor. You should remember the monster, the man from Javil that killed innocent people by the dozen wherever he went in so called "experiments" a few years ago. It took a hundred guards to trace the country side and then trapp the b*****d. He killed 50 of them before they finally chained him. Well is in the mountains of Minimoto and he has begun his "experiments" again. He is kidnapping and butchering scores of people almost daily. Apperently he has hired some mercenaries to help him gather "subjects" from small towns and villages. The people of the country side and terrified to leave their homes by now. The King has requested that you leave the battlefield and track this monster down and put him down for good."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm
Muez let the flames from the camp speak for him. They burst into a huge flame that licked around at the few people standing in the tent. Muez, the short old man that he is, sat in a chair emotionless with the scars growing in and out around the wires that sealed his face shut. His face oriented forward, as always, but his fingers and arms trembled. Finally the flames formed the most evil of faces Crux had ever seen.

“The thing will cease to exist even if it takes an army. I will slaughter him like the pig he is and melt his remains into nothing.” The flames shouted.

“Well Muez, it looks like you will get your revenge after all. My friend here says we except.” Crux spoke to kill the awkward anger beaming from Muez’s direction. The rider had such a frightened look about him that his mouth was frozen open. He did not look away from the fiery face, but nodded and then left the room to relay the information.

“This does not bode well for our front.” Lady Beauboun had another look of defeat mixed with anger that the North would pull out from the front lines.

“I’m sorry Lady Beauboun. I know this will make the siege very hard for you. Hopefully someone shows up to fill in for the two of us.” Crux offered as he began to collect his things around the tent. “Muez call the men together. We are moving out today.”

“My thoughts exactly!”  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Dugan195
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:04 pm
Lady Beauboun shook her head, "Crux you hear but once again you do not listen to what I say. You cannot take your men from here. If you do we will never push Scigle out of that fort, I don't even know if we will be able to once his reinforcements arrive. When I said you I meant just you and Muez are to leave. You are tasked with tracking down the monster by yourselves. Take your time packing though and rest up. Artimus Finn is no arena champion, but he is a monster unlike any other. And his mercenary band no one knows much about them, who knows what horrors you will face trying to get past them. Also none of the four kingdoms is happy to hear about Aritmus Finn's escape. You may run into other champions and assassins after the fiend as well, if your common enemy will be enough to get them to work with you will be enough I do not know. This will be no easy task Crux, but it is a very important one you must not fail. In whatever way you can, by whatever means you have to Aritmus Finn must fall. That monster has plagued Kalbor for too long. His existence is an atrocity to nature and must be extinguished."

((pack up, do some char devel if you want and then leave you can describe the mountains you are going to enter if you please. Just no fighting or sightings of the enemy.))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 am
“That’s funny Beauboun. I don’t even remember you opening your mouth.” Crux waved his hand to Muez to call off his order. This woman had gotten on his nerves far too much. “But go ahead and take the men and good luck to you with the wall.” With those words Crux was out of the tent with Muez at his side.

The two were well rested and the sound of getting on the road was like a dream come true. They fought a few good fights, learned a few things, failed at some, and now it was time to say good bye. Crux spent a few moments explaining the news to his men and gave them some parting strong words about fighting the good fight. Then the two left for the road riding horses into the wind.

Grass lands slowly turned into hills that slowly grew into mountains. The roads were quiet, except for the quiet crowds of people fleeing with no homes. Crux and Muez road by silently, they had a destination and a lot on their minds.

“This could mean a long and trialing time for us friend.” Muez said, speaking through the passing trees and rock. A fire still burned inside him.

“Yes it may Muez. I will have to ask you to keep a strong head about you though. I know this man has done some terrible things to you but we have a job to do. I do not want to mess this up. The last thing I could use is my one and only true friend getting hurt by acting out.”

“And what of the times you acted out Crux? Are you the only man who can make a mistake?”

“You got me there Puppet master. But I have the endurance to handle a few mistakes.”

“That’s right Crux. You never feel the bullets but the rest of us do.” Those words pulled the front of Crux’s horse around on a dime. He never looked Muez in the face; there was no point for that. His gaze instead fell onto the mound of rock that uttered such words.

“Now that just isn’t fair! See this is what I am talking about. Do not let this man get to you.”

“Stop right there!” Muez whispered quickly through the rocks. One of his outward extension sensed death had occurred nearby. They were now at the gates of their destination. They dropped from their horses and waited to figure out what to do next.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Dugan195
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:35 pm
As Muez and Crux walked into the burned out town there were greeted with signs of death and destruction. All the buildings were burned out and smoking. No one walked around the streets of the city. Among the buildings as they walked they could see bodies of the dead spread among them. There were dozens of them, some simply slashed and gutted to death during the initial raid, but some of them but some of the bodies were sliced in ways that made even Crux's stomach churn. This wasn't from fighting, or even butchering. These bodies were the results of a man's sick and twisted mind. Muez grew furious at the sight of the disfigured body.

Before either of them could say anything they heard something move in the rubble. Both men readied themselves to fight, but when they turned they found a young girl among the rubble. She looked afraid as the two spotted them and turned to run but tripped among the rubble, falling to her knees. "Noooo please leave me alone, don't take me to him, please! Do anything you want just don't take me to him. Haven't you guys done enough to us. Let me go please," She said tears streaming down her face. She tried to crawl away from the two, fearing them immensely.

Another sound was heard behind the girl, she spun around to see the new threat and saw a grizzled old man standing there leaning on an axe. "It's alright m'lady," The man knelt done smiling as he patted the girl on the head with an enormous hand. The man stood up to reveal his huge stature. The man had a slightly grew beard around his square jaw and a scar down his neck. The girl looked at him and started to scream and the man frowned. "My dear, I said you have nothing to fear. Those two are Crux Shield of the North and Muez The Master of Puppets. As for myself I am Inac the Stone Bear. We are all Champions of the Kalbor arena my lady and you can rest assured you are in safe hands." Inac said smiling at the two champions from the north as the two recognized the old Stone Bear. He was an older champion from Javil who was mostly retired from the arena in Kalbor. He mostly sat around drinking and telling stories to the younger champions at the arena.

The girl looked at the man and cringed before scampering away into the rubble. When the two made to go after her Inac raised a hand, "No leave her be. She will be fine. We have bigger problems to attend to."  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm
A smile formed along Crux’s dry mouth. It felt as though it had been years since he last smiled. Inac was cherished no matter who he swore too. Crux was no different than the next crazed fan. He bowed and then moved closer, out of his armor phase, and let out a free hand for the welcoming shake. It was harder for Muez to express any solace. Not just because he didn’t have the facial expressive capabilities but because he still stood in the heart of Aritmus Finn’s torturous work. To mimic his dread he commandeered one of the dead bodies nearby.

“What a great surprise it is to see you here Inac. You are looking healthy, as always.” The zombie of a puppet projected Muez’s words.

“In fact, why are you here? You do know we are tracking Aritmus Finn right.” Crux followed as he got close enough for the shake.

“That beast must fall!”

“On a second thought, let’s just get to it.” Crux changed his tone and dropped the questions after seeing the Stone bear’s face answer everything for him. His stern look said get on task and stay focused. “What is the problem currently needing attended?” Crux looked around at the rumble and didn’t see much of anything. He cringed just trying to image what some of these people had gone through. Only Muez had dealt with him outside the arena and well he is a little messed up because of it. What were they getting themselves into.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Dugan195
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm
"Finn ofcourse. Look around at this butchery. We need to find him as fast as possible. I know we are technically at war with each other, but Artimus Finn is a diabolical monster that is enemy to all. I don't think there is any problem putting aside our intelligence for awhile to track this maniac down." Iniac said laughing. He pulled out a flask of strong southern liqour took and swig and held it out to Crux. "Good hard whiskey. Better than your Northern whiskey. Though you always got us on Vodka I must admit." Iniac laughed as he leaned on his huge axe.

He sighed as Crux took the flask, "I don't know if you heard but Yulta has sent in an assassin as well...." He paused looking at the ground, "Artimus Finn lead a massive killing spree in Yulta before he was captured, they took his escape very hard." He paused again fidgeting, almost like he was nervous or afraid something no one had ever seen from Iniac before. "They sent Rentus, the Stalker, after him. I don't know what they were thinking sending out the Stalker on his own. The Stalker is more beast than man and won't make a distinction from friend or foe in a fight. He is liable to kill us if he finds us."

Rentus was one of the most fearsome creatures in existence. A demon from the swamps of the jungle, a being whose true form has never been seen. No one who has gone up against the Stalker have lived. He was said to be unkillable and extremely deadly, and uncontrollable. So ferocious that Yulta refused to free him from the jail a hundred men died to put him in unless they had a fight in the arena that NO ONE else could win. Rentus was almost as scary as Artimus Finn was.

Iniac looked at the ground, "I also heard that the Minotaur and Dragon, and the Juna Sisters were around as well. Rumor is they have been hired as muscle by Artimus."  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:35 pm
Dugan195
"Finn ofcourse. Look around at this butchery. We need to find him as fast as possible. I know we are technically at war with each other, but Artimus Finn is a diabolical monster that is enemy to all. I don't think there is any problem putting aside our intelligence for awhile to track this maniac down." Iniac said laughing. He pulled out a flask of strong southern liqour took and swig and held it out to Crux. "Good hard whiskey. Better than your Northern whiskey. Though you always got us on Vodka I must admit." Iniac laughed as he leaned on his huge axe.

He sighed as Crux took the flask, "I don't know if you heard but Yulta has sent in an assassin as well...." He paused looking at the ground, "Artimus Finn lead a massive killing spree in Yulta before he was captured, they took his escape very hard." He paused again fidgeting, almost like he was nervous or afraid something no one had ever seen from Iniac before. "They sent Rentus, the Stalker, after him. I don't know what they were thinking sending out the Stalker on his own. The Stalker is more beast than man and won't make a distinction from friend or foe in a fight. He is liable to kill us if he finds us."

Rentus was one of the most fearsome creatures in existence. A demon from the swamps of the jungle, a being whose true form has never been seen. No one who has gone up against the Stalker have lived. He was said to be unkillable and extremely deadly, and uncontrollable. So ferocious that Yulta refused to free him from the jail a hundred men died to put him in unless they had a fight in the arena that NO ONE else could win. Rentus was almost as scary as Artimus Finn was.

Iniac looked at the ground, "I also heard that the Minotaur and Dragon, and the Juna Sisters were around as well. Rumor is they have been hired as muscle by Artimus."

((so question. how many people did you name. Your last paragraph has a small flaw that makes it a bit confusing.))  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm
The gulp soothed Crux’s throat. He held onto that feeling as it may be the last time he feels comfort and clam. The words Iniac spoke killed the spirits of both Crux and Muez. There was no telling what would come from this mission now. All motivation and hope for success seemed dried up at the mention of the Stalker. It was useless to think of drawing your weapon to fight the Stalker. That goes to say that you even know that he is near. He hardly ever revealed himself before slaying a target. Unfortunately no one is outside of being called a target by the Stalker

“Have you any idea what to do if we come across him?” Muez asked. Neither Crux nor Muez had ever witnessed him. They only assumed that Yulta made him up to threaten with a trump card.

“I guess we can hope he targets me. That would give you both enough time to react after I snare him. That is if he doesn’t kill me on impact.” Crux suggested. He marveled in the brief legends day nostalgia.

“And what of the others? Should they pose a threat?”

“Not against a threat like us.” Crux smacked Muez on the back. “A tank, magic assassin, and powerfully damaging carry, we make a pretty scary lane.” Crux added with a chuckle, brining the games back to life.

“You trust too much in our old ways. There are new sets of rules now Crux.”

“There has to be some merit in the strategies we used to win in the league.” Muez was getting frustrated. He was scared and Crux didn’t show enough fear.

“Just relax my friend. You know I won’t let any harm come to you. Even if it means I take a butt load of it. Just throw up some puppets and get us a visual field.” Crux said trying to calm his friend. Muez did just that. It was a good idea and the slight precognition might just save their skins. Muez built as many mini drones as possible and sent them in all directions. They would trigger if anything crossed them or they crossed anything. At least, that was the idea.

“So Iniac, what do you think of our new League free world?” Crux asked to get some distracting noise from their travels.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 pm
Iniac took a swig of his whiskey and sighed, "Too bloody for me. When we legends dueled it out only a handful of people would die over issues between the nations. Now they are dying by the hundreds over a stupid proposition my lord made.Now the world is going to hell. Rentus, the only advice I have for living against him is to run, quick as you can. He isn't someone to be fought unless you are trapped. The others well, they are just money hungry whores. We could take them if it came down to it. Though he also has a band of thugs with him. Last I heard they were making camp in the mountains to the north of here. Guess that is where we ought to head out and start looking for the bastards." Iniac said as I slung the giant axe over his shoulder and started to walk through the ruins. "Best not waste any time." He said

The group made their way to the mountains, along the way they saw two more burnt out villages from the bandits raids Finn had been leading. Each time Iniac grew more solemn and drank less. It was the first time either Muez or Crux had seen the old Bear get serious, it filled Crux with anticipation to fight along side him, but also made the two uneasy.

When the third night came they saw some tourches up the mountain pass they were on moving in the distance. "Looks like it could be some of the bastards moving to their next victims. No telling who will be up there though. Should we move to intercept or let them pass?" Iniac said as I stood up from the bed of he had made in the ground.  

Dugan195
Crew

Dark Hand role playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas