Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Gardens Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 am
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Nervous
What I am doing: Observing a gigantic tree of a plant
What I want to be doing: Pruning the plant.

Jayden looked at the gigantic tree with awe. He still did not understand how one plant could get so big when it was supposed to be a bush, which was definitely assumed because of the name, 'Spikey Bushes'. Jayden didn't realize one thing could get so big that he would have to wrap his arms around the tip just so he can work enough strength up to prune it. This was definitely going to be one fun, rather difficult challenge for him, but he was ready. He trusted that the professor would keep the dangers of this gigantic plant away.

Soon enough, Jayden left his trance-like state. He gave the professor a casual nod that showed his approval. That's when he started to look at the thorns, searching for any of the bad thorns that resembled the ones in class. The difference was, the big thorns on the little spikey bush turned into very big ones that would probably use up a lot of strength just to latch onto it.

Jayden found one of the oddly colored thorns near the base of the tree, really sticking out from all the others that were around it. He then looked off to the side of it and saw a big thorn. He must say, now that they were in bigger proportions, the thorns were much easier to see than usual. He was glad for this one fact, but now was the challenge, pruning it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:40 pm
Evando Rivera Junior
User Image
First Year -
Gryffindor

Evando huddled in with the other two and listened intently to their game plan, glancing over at the tree every now and then as if it were the enemy. He just had to tell himself that it would be the same as in class, just on a larger and more dangerous scale. The professor said he could handle the tree-bush, but they still had to watch for the thorns. When they broke the huddle Evando couldn't help but clap his hands afterwards signifying the break. Just something he was used to when playing sport and once you got into the habit, it never left you.

He stretched his arms out in every direction as he walked over to the spiky bush. There was going to be a lot of physical exertion and his coach always had the team stretch before practice so they didn't pull anything. Evando knew he was going to have his hands full with the plant, so he wanted to limber up to give him the best possible chance of winning the wrestling match with a giant thorn.

One advantage of the plant's size was that it was much easier to pick the parts that needed trimming. He noticed Jayden had already spotted one and headed over to help. “Hey, how about one of us stretches the thorn out, while the other breaks it off?” It might be easier for them both to attack one at a time, rather than going about it separately. Evando carefully wrapped his arms around a thorn and slowly pulled at it until he could feel it tense.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

FlamingHeart

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:24 pm
User Image
User Image
Herbologist/Potioneer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

╔══════════════╗

"That is a good idea Evan. I few of them might need that team work; however, many of them that are very light in color already are quite easy to break. They area almost hanging by a thread, as one would say."
Seeing both the boys ready, in position of attack with targets in their eyes, Hess smiled and nodded heavily to signal them he was also ready.
"Stupify!" he cried out, aiming his wand easily as a large burst of powerful, red magic flurried from it and hit the tree-bush making it rigid. "Go, boys. Go ahead and just snap the thorns and leave them on the ground." He told them, seeing them run off as he sent another, less powerful sparking spell at the tree. Watching as the boys made quick work, taking the thorns off the bush one by one until it was perfectly pruned.
" All right boys yo - Stupify! - you can come back here now."

╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Happy, Accomplished
What I am doing: Finishing up with the pruning
What I want to be doing: Sleeping, I'm tired

Jayden walked back, his arms burning from lactic acid build up, and looked up at his teacher, who gave him a very approving look. He was glad they had did a good job at this, but now he wanted to go back to his common room and sleep. He had never worked so hard in his life before, his arms finally coming to a more tender state rather than burning. He looked up at the teacher, and took a deep breath in, for at the time that he finished, he just pulled off a bigger thorn that just didn't want to come off, so he was very tired. His short breaths could be heard, but every now and again he forced out a deep one to mask the other shorts. He didn't want to show that he was that tired and that he was ridiculously sore.

"So, how good did we do Professor Hess?" he asked, a gleam in his eyes shining very bright. He had not felt so accomplished in a long time, bringing back the memory where he saved a fox in which he named Ricard. That fox still occasionally visits them, remembering the time that Jayden had nursed it back to health. The fox visits every year during the summer time actually. It was like he could communicate with it, the fox always listening to his commands and such. Honestly, what he had with that fox was true friendship, one that was unbreakable, no matter the time that they didn't see each other. He couldn't wait to see Ricard this summer.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

FlamingHeart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:24 am
Evando Rivera Junior
User Image
First Year -
Gryffindor

Pruning the plant proved to be more tiring than he had originally thought. Even though snapping the thorns were easy, they were still very heavy and very awkward to hold onto without hurting yourself. Evando was beat by the end of it, but fully satisfied by the job they had done. His body ached and a good hot bath was what he needed to soothe his sore limbs. Professor Hess seemed quite pleased with their job and Evando was rather impressed with how he could hold the plant still for them. It was a huge plant, so the spell he used had to be strong to keep it in place.

He smiled over at Jayden, “We make a pretty good team.” True it was their first time working together, but it was still a great success. It was nice to get to know one of the other students, the only other person he really knew was Chris. Maybe this experience would help him get a bit closer to Jayden as well, they'd be sure to work together again, being from the same house and all. “I'm beat though, think I'll hit the hay if we're done.”

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 pm
User Image
User Image
Herbologist/Potioneer

╔══════════════╗

Seeing the paling and the physical scar of fatigue on both the boy's young faces, Hess could not help but feel a pang of guilt for putting them through a labour which he himself became tired by. Especially with so many thorns to prune. Their bravery, as well as perseverance had thoroughly impressed him however, and even his own fatigue caused by continuous concentration and spell casting felt like slipping drops of water as he looked at the two true Gryffindors with pride.
"Brilliant, boys. I truly cannot thank you enough. You were a great help. Would have taken me triple the time it it was just me." He glanced over the tops of their heads to the base of the tree-bush that was now rowdy with life once more. At its base were all the thorns pruned and pulled by the boys, all carefully put down and none of them damaged in any significant way. They had been a real help.
"You two are actually getting a sort of sneak peak to next class. So don't tell anyone too many exciting details," she chuckled and winked before turning and waving his hand for them to follow him, "Pop into the greenhouse. I have some nice potions for the aches."
Stepping in quickly, the man was fast to find the small, stout bottle of thick, clear fluid labelled "Soothing Draught". Picking up two clean glasses from his work bench, he poured just a layer of the liquid into each as he handed it to both Evando and Jayden. Telling them to drink it slowly and let it spread, he sent them on their way with another batch of thanks as well as twenty House Points each. Watching them return to the castle with clear smiles in their essence, Hess waved them off as they disappeared before turning his attention to the bush that was now waving its branches as if daring him to retrieve the thorns.

╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 am
¯``•• .¸¸.•´Although me and my brother have the same face...

User Image
User Image
Seer
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
╔══════════════╗
Mood:
╚══════════════╝

Lucas wandered into the gardens, not really intending to work, no he just wanted to be around the plants. He didn't like being around so many people, and it was after classes. He smiled as he found a good place to read, he didn't like reading too much, but he might as well.

He sat down under a tree, near some flowers. He wanted to read but his thoughts were elsewhere, so he just put the book on the grassy floor and slowly organized the thoughts. It had been several weeks, almost two months, since the sorting, and he still wondered: Why Gryffindor?

He wasn't brave at all... In fact he mostly ran away or let himself get hurt. He was always clinging to his brother, relying on him for protection. That was one thing that hurt him so much over the summer: When Roi separated the twins, leaving Lucas with Zane and Roi took in Logan. Roi had tried to turn his twin brother against him, and that devastated the 11 year old. Logan was all he truly had left, his parents were dead, and his so called cousin, was possessed by a demon.

He hugged his knees and buried his face in them, as he let out a gentle sob. He was sad because he was honestly so alone in this place, yes he had his brother, but for how long? Roi is sure to separate them again, and eventually he will make Logan resent the twin.

¯``•• .¸¸.•´We can never be more different...

{OOC:...}

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am
Second year, Slytherin Seeker
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Belle held a letter clutched in between long, ivory fingers, her lips had been pursed to reflect the torment of mood she had long since been drowning in since her birth. The contents bled into her fingertips, absorbing the dark depths within her core. But her being, her very essence held a marvelous glow that could not easily be tainted, but while this deep set darkness manifested inside of her—the two rivaled.

She crumpled up the roll of parchment, none too pleased to learn that come this summer she would have another pageant to ready herself for. It had been two years since her last show, a fact she was reluctant to change. She meandered along the over trodden grass leading to the garden outside, daintily keeping in tow with baby’s breath and roses. She hovered over the flowers, the grass crunching beneath her shoes with every step while doleful bright green eyes roamed. Whipping, silken strands of blonde danced in the wind as she clutched her white robes close around her frame. The morning Saturday sun still hung in the balance as she noticed another student gathered in the green. She could only see his slumped form hidden in a valley of daisies and hydrangeas and nestled at the base of a tree. ”Hello,” Belle chirped up, her brightly gleaming smile cast an aura of ease and comfort to those around her. ”Do you mind if I join you?”

As her light embrace of steps across the world finally dawned upon the petite Gryffindor boy, she noticed a sunken form she had seen all too many times before—anguish. ”Are you alright?”

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Pageantry

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Logan...
Mood: Scared
╚══════════════╝

Lucas slowly raised his small black haired head. Gold eyes, staring at this lady, obviously a Second Year. His gold eyes, the eyes he shared with his cousin and brother. He tightened his body as she asked to sit with him and he hugged his knees even more. He was scared by her, but then again, he was always scared.

He never made a motion when she moved closer and just stared at her. though she smiled, an attempt to be somewhat soothing to the timid little lion, he only felt more scared.

She spoke again, asking him if he was alright, and he nodded quietly, not speaking. He couldn't nothing to say and he was far too afraid. He came here to find seclusion and instead he found another person trying to get close to him something he didn't want...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:58 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

Admonishing a slight frown, though it hardly registered upon those naturally pouted and upturned lips, still star struck with a brilliant gleam. She tilted her head in wonder, though silence was all that filled the air to console her. Brushing away the lively strands of blonde from those bright crystalline green eyes, she decided to kneel down upon the floor beside him sprawled out amidst blossoming flowers. ”That’s alright,” she whispered to him with soothing comfort.

”You don’t have to talk—I’ve always thought a comfortable silence was more relaxing than a solitary silence.” Belle had explained, truth flourishing upon her British tongue. And, at the moment, any of her own troubles vanished in an effort to understand the young boy beside her.

Troubles: Empathy

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 pm

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Mood:
╚══════════════╝

Lucas slowly began to untense for a split second before he quickly rearose his defenses. However, he finally thought of sparking a conversation, so he timidly asked in his small voice, "I like being outside..." He said, but he hid his face back into his knees as he realized he shouldn't have said anything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

The silence had lingered undisturbed for several minutes, and nothing but the serene kiss of the blowing wind and rustle of leaves could be heard. Time was cast aside as she peered upwards at the sky, gently eying the booming puffs of clouds roaming up above. It wasn’t until a short, and shy whisper of words had been spoken that Belle finally snapped back to reality, and turned a genuine smile towards the petite lion cub. ”I do too, well, as long as the pollen isn’t so thick… My sinuses can be a bit nasty, because of it.

“You know what I like to do when I feel down?”
Belle wondered aloud, her voice spurring forth without a second thought. ”I like to sing, and dance like a batty woman.

“What do you like to do?”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: ... Can I trust her?
Mood: Timid
╚══════════════╝

He slowly lifted his head again as he realized she wasn't going to hurt him... yet. So he gently said his next few words, in response to her question, "I like to just come outside and listen to everything around me." He said, he liked walking down the suburban streets of his old home, taking in everything, of course he was with his brother.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

”I do too.” She agreed with a whisper as silent and soothing as the fresh breath of wind itself, and the breeze rippled through her hair with playful tenacity as she had. British lips pursed together to maintain a silence she knew she was doomed to break. But then, the distant thoughts of her father’s letter had suddenly muddled her mind like a thick fog, clouding those pale misted green eyes. She had once loved pageantry, but now, she knew why she was there, and it was a truth she couldn’t believe.

The uncontrollable habit to smack her lips cut the silence, it always triggered when her immediate discomfort was too much pain to bear. Realizing her mistake, she blinked her eyes once before she turned to glance at the young boy beside her. ”You know what, I still don’t know your name.

“I’m Belle.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:38 pm

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: ...
Mood: Sad
╚══════════════╝

Lucas' breath could be heard in the silence as he stared into the endless sky. He stared up at it, with those gold eyes and he suddenly sniffed as he let out a gentle sob. He didn't want to cry in front of her, but he couldn't hold it in, though he managed to respond, "I'm Lucas..."

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces