Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:52 am
Pilotslover
Sergeant Perks
Pilotslover
Corporal Maladict

- tipping posts in guild forums (only from Captain account or official mule account)

Not going to be able to happen until Gaia actually updates the guilds coding, something they seem reticent to do.

I love the idea of different levels of announcement, maybe Gaia could charge more for urgent then the other two though I'd rather see that sent to all guild members including those who opt out of seeing announcements (This links to my personal frustration at the fact people can opt out of something that's paid for ...)

You must be in quality guilds only. I've been in some where the captains send announcements along the lines of 'vote for me in the arenas!!!'

If I pay for something I expect the full service.

I'm paying to send an announcement to all my guild members so I expect everyone to see them, it's not so much about annoyance more about getting what I paid for.

Where does it say you're paying to send an announcement to them all? It clearly says in the announcement info that you're paying to send it to those who don't have announcements disabled.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am
Sergeant Perks
Where does it say you're paying to send an announcement to them all? It clearly says in the announcement info that you're paying to send it to those who don't have announcements disabled.

Been a while since I sent one but when I last did it said that you were paying for all members.

I personally think people choosing to opt out of guild announcements makes them rather redundant.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:52 am
Pilotslover
Sergeant Perks

Been a while since I sent one but when I last did it said that you were paying for all members.

I personally think people choosing to opt out of guild announcements makes them rather redundant.

But after you've sent one it tells you how many members it was actually sent to, and how much it costs. rolleyes Trust me, I've sent plenty of announcements, and I actually read the fine print...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:46 am
ADVERTISING.

Sorry about the capslock, but I think that would be an amazing use of guild funds, AND a good gold sink! Back in 06, when I joined, there was a function where Gaia members would pay a certain amount of money and (this was with the old forum layout) they could submit a small text-only advertisement that would be rotated in the corner of the main forum index.

I would love to see a variant of that function brought back, with guilds being able to spend the guild in their treasury for an advertisement. It would be expensive - it would have to be approximate the cost of GCash - but that would make it a magnificent gold sink. And, the exact rate would be determined by WHERE the ad is run, how LONG it runs for, and how OFTEN it's displayed - like DeviantART.

It might seem like the poorer guilds get the short end of the stick, but that's no different from the real world - the big corporations with the most money are the ones best able o afford advertisements.

Also, I happen to be all for having to pay a full fee to delete subforums. Gaia needs more gold sinks, and it's just not a good idea to get some gold back into a guild treasury - because in all honesty, the devs will pick up one or two simple ideas from this thread, and that will be it, and it probably won't be the super complex contest idea most of you keep bringing up. It's feasible, but it's too complex and would require a lot of planning to prevent abuse, and to make it simple and make sense. There wouldn't be a good balance between the customization needed for different guilds and the regulation needed for keeping the TOS.

So simple ideas are all they will have to devote their time and energy on. So far, the simplest ideas I've seen in here are deleting subforums, rearranging their order, altering the color scheme of the guild similar to a journal entry, and the ads. Well, that last one is biased.  

welian

Eloquent Conversationalist

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:41 pm
Sergeant Perks

But after you've sent one it tells you how many members it was actually sent to, and how much it costs. rolleyes Trust me, I've sent plenty of announcements, and I actually read the fine print...

I always presumed that count was every guild member since the number was always the same for me ...

~

Eylios - Agreed, I think it's something Gaia should offer something for guild advertising.

I also agree that people are being too complicated in their ideas; as you say, Gaia is only going to choose the simple options because those are quick.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:00 pm
Simple ideas will probably be the best, yes. But being able to use the funds to buy in the shops or marketplace is also a possibility and or for trades will work too since there is already a system in place to monitor the usage, one in the banking system on the trading page and one on the logging page for the crew to use, they just need to make that visible for all members to see. So we have that one in the bank, so to speak.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 am
Pilotslover
Sergeant Perks

I always presumed that count was every guild member since the number was always the same for me ...

~

Eylios - Agreed, I think it's something Gaia should offer something for guild advertising.

I also agree that people are being too complicated in their ideas; as you say, Gaia is only going to choose the simple options because those are quick.

Exactly who is it harming when we make complicated suggestions? I know Gaia won't answer our every plea, but I also know that if we never speak our wishes, that means we've given up on them. You seem to have taken it upon yourself to shoot down other people's ideas any way you can - why are you discouraging people from giving input in a topic where all input is supposed to be welcome?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 am
Sergeant Perks
Exactly who is it harming when we make complicated suggestions? I know Gaia won't answer our every plea, but I also know that if we never speak our wishes, that means we've given up on them. You seem to have taken it upon yourself to shoot down other people's ideas any way you can - why are you discouraging people from giving input in a topic where all input is supposed to be welcome?

It's harming no one, and I'm not shooting anyone down. I'm just pointing out that the changes that are made first will be the ones that are easier to make - the simple ideas, not the complex ones. If we're going to do anything with the contest idea - it would need its own planning thread, it's just that big of a jump to create a new mechanism in the site, more so than other smaller things.

So I'm frank and not much of a dreamer, you'll all live.  

welian

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 am
Eylios
Sergeant Perks

It's harming no one, and I'm not shooting anyone down. I'm just pointing out that the changes that are made first will be the ones that are easier to make - the simple ideas, not the complex ones. If we're going to do anything with the contest idea - it would need its own planning thread, it's just that big of a jump to create a new mechanism in the site, more so than other smaller things.

So I'm frank and not much of a dreamer, you'll all live.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Pilotslover. This isn't the first time she's shooting down people's ideas. Your post was logical and frank - hers was negative and she seems to be talking to us from above, as if she was the only one who knows what's best for us and gaia. She went as far at one point as to threaten she would quit gaia if certain changes were made. I've listened, I've argued, frankly I'm fed up. Constructive criticism is fine but I find nothing constructive in her attitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:10 am
..... And nowwwwww I'm lost and am going to back away slowly.  

welian

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:10 am
Sergeant Perks

It's harming US to make complicated suggestions.

Gaia will not consider ideas that cannot be easily instigated, we've seen that before; we've asked for guild join dates but instead got the function to sort by number for example.

I'm playing devils advocate, I spend a lot of time in site feedback and I've seen the sort of things that Gaia's staff shoot down. I'd LOVE to use funds for contests but can you actually develop a system for it that WILL NOT be abused? It will not work unless there are all sorts of fails safes to stop captains and vice captains from abusing it and I fear such a system does not exist, as Eylios said this would need to be created from scratch and as proven in the past Gaia does not have the time to create brand new codes for the guilds (Hence us still being on the old forum design rather then the new one).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 am
Sergeant Perks

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Pilotslover. This isn't the first time she's shooting down people's ideas. Your post was logical and frank - hers was negative and she seems to be talking to us from above, as if she was the only one who knows what's best for us and gaia. She went as far at one point as to threaten she would quit gaia if certain changes were made. I've listened, I've argued, frankly I'm fed up. Constructive criticism is fine but I find nothing constructive in her attitude.

Then you're not paying attention, I have asked many times for people to come up with a foolproof way of using the gold for contests, as yet no one has provided one.

And what I choose to do with the site and my account is my business, I said I would probably quit if they used something like that because it's far removed from why I joined the site.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 am
Pilotslover
Sergeant Perks

It's harming US to make complicated suggestions.

Gaia will not consider ideas that cannot be easily instigated, we've seen that before; we've asked for guild join dates but instead got the function to sort by number for example.

I'm playing devils advocate, I spend a lot of time in site feedback and I've seen the sort of things that Gaia's staff shoot down. I'd LOVE to use funds for contests but can you actually develop a system for it that WILL NOT be abused? It will not work unless there are all sorts of fails safes to stop captains and vice captains from abusing it and I fear such a system does not exist, as Eylios said this would need to be created from scratch and as proven in the past Gaia does not have the time to create brand new codes for the guilds (Hence us still being on the old forum design rather then the new one).

So you say. But I don't see 'moderator' written under your username, so I have only your word for it. Devil's Advocate? Exactly how is it harming me that I make impossible suggestions? Please elaborate? Will Gaia take my Gold and GCash? Will they delete my guild? Will they ban me? So far I've seen no repercussions for anyone who's made petitions for impossible things. Gaia loves feedback. That's why they have Fireside Chats and petitions subforum, that's why Panagrammic has asked for input. Why do you insist on censoring other people's input, when mamarita has made it clear this guild wants all kinds of ideas to be posted in this topic - it does say brainstorming in the title. Look up brainstorming in a dictionary. mamarita will decide which suggestions get forwarded. Not you. Please stop trying to make others feel bad about making suggestions or having ideas. You're not helping. *censored*

This is a brainstorming topic. Why do you keep trying to make a lobotomy on it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 am
Pilotslover

Then you're not paying attention, I have asked many times for people to come up with a foolproof way of using the gold for contests, as yet no one has provided one.

Nothing is foolproof on this planet. *censored* So you're the one demanding the impossible.  

Sergeant Perks

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:28 am
Sergeant Perks

So you say. But I don't see 'moderator' written under your username, so I have only your word for it. Devil's Advocate? Exactly how is it harming me that I make impossible suggestions? Please elaborate? Will Gaia take my Gold and GCash? Will they delete my guild? Will they ban me? So far I've seen no repercussions for anyone who's made petitions for impossible things. Gaia loves feedback. That's why they have Fireside Chats and petitions subforum, that's why Panagrammic has asked for input. Why do you insist on censoring other people's input, when mamarita has made it clear this guild wants all kinds of ideas to be posted in this topic - it does say brainstorming in the title. Look up brainstorming in a dictionary. mamarita will decide which suggestions get forwarded. Not you. Please stop trying to make others feel bad about making suggestions or having ideas. You're not helping. I've got bigger things to worry about than your PMS. If you're the Devil's Advocate, I think any Devil I ever knew would fire you. That quitting gaia threat? You're acting like you're 12.

This is a brainstorming topic. Why do you keep trying to make a lobotomy on it?

Please go back and read my posts again, I'm not shooting down for the express purposes of shooting down those ideas, I'm trying to encourage people to come up with solutions.

Please stop making this personal because it's not, I'm a naturally cynical person so I find it easy to find holes in ideas. Also, stop with the personal insults and attacks.

So yes, to clarify, I'm only trying to encourage people to think outside of the box, to come up with the flaws in these ideas before the Gaia developers do (The more we dissect an idea the less chance we have to them shooting it down.) I'm not knowledgeable about coding so I'm trying to encourage people who are to come up with usable ideas since we all know that the coding here is so old.

Apologies if you misunderstood my intentions, I'll try to be more clear in the future.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff