Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
.:. Mbwa Mwitu .:. A Pack Interest Thread (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm
.:. NEWER MEMBER .:.

Wild Dog's Name: Fize Soléy
Owner's Name: ShinyObsessed
Picture: Now for something NEW and DIFFERENT (and blue)
Personality: Fize is methodical about his sneaky cleverness. There are certain ways to do things that work, and he'll stick to them. That is not to say he is unflexible, because he is very fluid in his ways of thinking and approaching problems that a lone wild dog face. He's a lonely loner. He'd love to join a pack if they had a position available for him. He also wouldn't say no to true love. He's a bit jaded. He doesn't think there's a female out there for him.

He's very tired of being alone. He has his ideas about other creatures, like he doesn't particularly hate lions, or hyenas (I have an rp with one already) but he'd be willing to keep those ideas to himself if he doesn't have to be alone anymore.
Name of Parents: ? x ?
Why is this dog joining the pack/how long have they been in the pack?:I'd like to say that Fiz joined the pack not too long ago, but within enough time to gain respect for his skills and wisdom. He's not a young dog, but not Elder old yet. He's still young enough to get himself a mate and litters. He seems older though, he's been a lone wild dog for a very long time (so long he doesn't remember a time where he wasn't) and that's forced him to have the smarts and the wisdom. I want him to join the pack in despair of always being alone, I'd also like him to find love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 am
*stumbles into Mbwa Mwitu* Wow! I love the idea. I so wish I had a wild dog to throw in here.

It makes me think of ancient Hawaiian beliefs. We believed we were related to the earth and we call it Father Sky and Mother Earth too. They are called Papa (mother earth) and Wakea (Father Sky) in Hawaiian culture. I would link you to the creation chant that explains it but it's incredibly long. @_@  

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 am
ShinyObsessed

Wild Dog's Name: Fize Soléy
Owner's Name: ShinyObsessed
Picture: Now for something NEW and DIFFERENT (and blue)
Personality: Fize is methodical about his sneaky cleverness. There are certain ways to do things that work, and he'll stick to them. That is not to say he is unflexible, because he is very fluid in his ways of thinking and approaching problems that a lone wild dog face. He's a lonely loner. He'd love to join a pack if they had a position available for him. He also wouldn't say no to true love. He's a bit jaded. He doesn't think there's a female out there for him.

He's very tired of being alone. He has his ideas about other creatures, like he doesn't particularly hate lions, or hyenas (I have an rp with one already) but he'd be willing to keep those ideas to himself if he doesn't have to be alone anymore.
Why is this dog joining the pack/how long have they been in the pack?:I'd like to say that Fiz joined the pack not too long ago, but within enough time to gain respect for his skills and wisdom. He's not a young dog, but not Elder old yet. He's still young enough to get himself a mate and litters. He seems older though, he's been a lone wild dog for a very long time (so long he doesn't remember a time where he wasn't) and that's forced him to have the smarts and the wisdom. I want him to join the pack in despair of always being alone, I'd also like him to find love.
Approved and added! heart

@Lilbabe,
WOW, really?! I had no idea! XD That's awesome. Sure, I'd love to read it.
Well, the RP contest will be open soon, and I think I'll also have a participation free raffle.
So there are definitely gonna be chances to get some dogs. :3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm
.:. BORN-IN-PACK MEMBER .:.

Wild Dog's Name: Usebe
Owner's Name: Thalion
Picture: xXx
Personality:
A head full of memories and a mouth full of cryptic advice, Usebe is a playful elder who seems to delight in the confusion of the younger generations. He speaks in parables and riddles rather than offering direct advice. Some pack members believe this is just a sign of his years, others believe him to be insightful. He keeps a close eye on his young nephew, guiding him where he can and lending a paw where he's able. While he's one of the older members of the pack, he still has a lot of spirit left in him. Unknown to much of the pack, he's beginning to lose his eyesight. As far as Usebe's concerned- they'll find out when they find out and not a moment sooner.
Name of Parents: Dead McMaggotfood & Croakey Deadbottom
What's this dog's story?:
Usebe was the leader of the pack just a generation ago. He had fallen under the shadow of his father from puphood and when the burden of leadership was passed to him, he spent the first few years stumbling about in an attempt to become the leader his father had been. However, as the dog grew older and more confident in his own abilities, he proved himself a capable leader with a sharp mind and an able body. Unlike his father, Usebe retired when he realized he was growing too old to fill a leadership role and passed the mantle on to his young nephew. Where Usebe had taken leadership following the premature death of his father, he fully intends on living long enough to see Kilio on his paws making his own way.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Added. heart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:40 pm
Yeah, it's a very old chant called the Kumulipo. Here is a translation of it done by Queen Liliuokalani. Link It was the best one I could find. The others were slightly confusing. Just a warning, it's very long and a lot of the names are in Hawaiian but for the most part it's the name of plants I believe.

I think the part about being almost related to the earth and a mother earth and father sky made me think of it. ^^ Hawaiians also believed that we are related to the earth, I think it explains it in the chant.

Oh, looking forward to the RP contest! I went and took a peek at it actually. Excited to see what they look like. ^^  

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

Pink Myth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Wild Dog's Name: Vivulibui
Owner's Name: Pink Myth
Picture: User Image
Personality: She is cunning skilled tracker. She is very open about her feelings and express herself openly.
Name of Parents: ??? x ???
What's this dog's story?: Born to a elder couple who had focused on support their pack with their skills instead of their ability to bare pups. She is the only one of a small litter that survived this allowed her to get very spoiled by her parents who taught her their skills how to track and track well. She has a huge hobby of collecting spiders and bringing them back to her den to protect and care for before releasing them back into better hiding spots where they won't be disturbed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 pm

@Lilbabe,
that was really beautiful. ; ___; <3 Thanks for linking me, I really liked it.
Yeah, there are some similarities! :3 Very interesting.

@Pink,
accepted! BUT, I'm not sure about the spiders part. Part of that clashes with some of the pack's beliefs.
Perhaps she could just frequently reside under a shady kopje that's infested with spiders?

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 pm
Your welcome! ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 pm
That works. They whole point of it would be she caught them to make sure they stayed safe in nice and dark places where they wouldn't be disturbed.

Her going to them to check on them sounds just as good too. >w<  

Pink Myth

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm
LOL I get it. heart
If you wanted to go ahead and replace that in your joining form, I'll add her up to the list.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 pm
Edited vivu's info hope that works out better Eski. >w<  

Pink Myth

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Wild Dog's Name: Rikard
Owner's Name: Thalion
Personality:
Name of Parents: Dead x Deadder
What's this dog's story?:
Rikard was, frankly, a bully. He was the largest pup from his parent's small litter, he was a well known tail-nipper growing up, and he intentionally sought out conflict as a restless youth to gain the attentions of the pack's females. Usebe fought tooth and claw to keep the young brute in line. It took some time, but Rikard has grown into a productive member of the pack. With Usebe growing older and a new alpha being guided into his place, Rikard had begun touching on old habits again. He highly disapproves in the choice of heirs and goes out of his way to put himself on display in hopes that the elder will change his mind. It's a futile effort, but he's not known for easily backing down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:52 am

Accepted~! heart

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Wild Dog's Name: Faeris
Owner's Name: Fea Line
Personality: Faeris is a straight up total hippie. He loves everyone, always calling them brother or sister even if no physical blood relation ties them together. He has a deep respect for the "Earth Mother" as well as "The Mother Moon" (can gladly change it have him say Sister Moon instead), and always gives thanks to them for everything. He doesn't believe in violence and frowns upon it, often always trying to calm the waters with pleasant words.
Why is this dog joining the pack/how long have they been in the pack?: This pack holds the exact same beliefs that Faeris has held since he was born and he would love to be among others who hold the same beliefs as him. I would like to say he's been a new member for at least a month, having gained some respect and love from his fellow pack members to be able to fit in, be respected, and in the future, find a life mate who will love him and his daughter, despite the fact that he did find himself in a unplanned one night stand during his earlier rogue years.

Wild Dog's Name: Faeralina
Owner's Name: Fea Line
Personality: She is pretty much just like her father, but more down to earth and level headed. She is much more calm and soft spoken. She looks up to everyone older than her and respects them for their wisdom and experience. She is very young and still new to the world with so much to learn.
Name of Parents: Faeris x Algani
Why is this dog joining the pack/how long have they been in the pack?: She joined the pack with her father a few months ago, the two having sought a place to live in safety with those who share their same beliefs.

Dude can I also say, i fking love you for this pack idea <3 It's been the basis of my Faeri's personality since forever! (he's an OC I've had for a long while, it pleases my heart to see the beliefs of this pack x3)  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff