Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Rate the Person's Video Game Composition Above You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Advance Wars was always fun for me. It is FE's underrated brother, even though the units can be replenished with the bases and such. FE may use swords and magic, but AW uses tanks, tanks, and more tanks. I prefer Sami's theme from the original Advance Wars rather than from Dual Strike, but this is good too. 8/10

Jake's Phase from Advance Wars: Dual Strike by the same guy, Yoshito Hirano[?]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:55 am
-clicks stopwatch-
Let's see.... 6 pages. -was observing how long it would be before Nobuo Uematsu appeared in the thread for shits and giggles-

Pretty cool. I like the techno disc-jockey feel it has, complete with record scratches, but not too many of them. Though I do feel it gets a little busy at times. It's still a fine song. I'll give it a nice 7/10.

Lightwalk- Runescape

Shut up, it's a guilty pleasure.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 pm
I was keeping track too, somehow I knew he was going to pop up soon. : P

As for the song, I couldn't help but find it basic of the basic, a main string line, adding more, going to a new melody, going back, and a new concept. I've never played Runescape, so I can't comment of the matching or not, but I found it rather dull unfortunately.
6/10- extra mark for the harpsichord, I'm a total babe for harpsichords.

And since the Uematsu taboo is broken, why the hell not? : P

Battle Scene (FFII) from Dissidia Final Fantasy originally by Nobuo Uematsu rearranged by Takehara Ishimoto  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:09 am
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!! Also I find it rather funny that we both thought the same thing.

And you had to start out with something (originally) from FFII. You totally did that on purpose. Because you know how intensely nostalgic I am for the game that got me through open-face surgery. If you were really mean you're drop The Rebel Army on me, but that song is officially reserved for me.

As for this remix, I've never played Dissidia, though I do honor it for being a celebration of the series and having some fun, and they also made Golbez from 4 even more awesome then he already was, but that's a tangent. I'm iffy on the direction this remix of the FFII battle theme took. one one hand, Uematsu songs and piano adaptations usually go really well, and this is no exception. On the other hand, the beat seems uneaven, and well... the song is a bit disjointed and busy at times. That, and I always saw this song as more of a string piece, so when the strings come in, that's the best part. Especially with those small falling scales. Those are great. I'll give it a 8/10 for improving on some aspects of the song, but not all of them. Of course, that's all subjective, but it's my freaking turn so there.

Someday the Dream will End- Final Fantasy X, by Nobuo Uematsu and Masashi Hamauzu.

FFX and I have a bittersweet relationship, where there is such wonderful potential in plain sight, but it is just squandered and gradually becomes buried under crap. It hurts me ever so, though I still like it to a degree. There's no denying that the soundtrack is great, though.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 pm
Heh, I can say the same thing on you for throwing a flute orientated song at me, knowing that I am quite the narcissist when it comes to my own instrument. : P

That's such a nice song, although it is a variation of that one vocal song that plays when
Titus and Yuna make out
which IMO is the rock bottom point of the game if you don't include the HA HA HA part where I muted my TV in shame, it still is a great song. When I hear it, I get the sense of the feeling of significance, of the long journey finally being over, yet sadness that it is, which completely matches the mood in the game IIRC (it's been at least four years since I last played FFX Dx ). I like it, I'm giving an 8.8/10.

I was going to post another FF song, but might as well be fair and show some non-FF things Uematsu wrote as well. So continuing on the Uematsu chain we have brings us:

Forbidden Tower- from SaGa written by Nobuo Uematsu (although I do sense some Kenji Ito influence, although Uematsu did the entire soundtrack to SaGa according to my iPod.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm
An interesting song going on. For some reason I see myself wandering through either a forest or a tower of some kind, then this music pops up. Lo and behold, my foe is in my path...it is a large group of slimes! I draw my blade, hacking and slashing them to the rhythm of the music and finally it comes to a close. I''ll give it an 8/10

Assault - Final Fantasy X by Nobui Uematsu. It is one of my favorites of the Final Fantasy X soundtrack!  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:51 pm
I love the FF soundtrack in general, but the scene this plays in makes it especially dramatic. Just for fitting with the scene so well, I will rate this 8/10, even if it does get repetitive after a while.

FF TA2- Conclusion
My first and one of my favorite games for the DS, with a soundtrack like this being one of the reasons it's my favorite!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 pm
Oh god this fight...I loved it! I think I may have been under leveled when I first went into this, but dang it this was a fun one. Those monsters spawning...destroying things. This was great for me. This fight may have been one of the things that kept me in the game for after playing it, since I could always go back and do this fight over and over.

Halo 2 Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin. Might I add this band is one of my favorites.  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 pm
Now, I'm just going to warn you: I am not the person to go to when it comes to rating rock music, as being a nerd, I don't mingle with it that often. That being said: it has meaningful lyrics, cause survival, Halo, anyone else see a correlation between the lyrics? However, I felt the chorus was repeated more than it should and the main singer (forgive me on this, like I said, I suck at rock Dx ) seemed like a generic singer, the kind that if I were to switch over to my local rock station, I'd hear a carbon copy of his voice with the exact same instrumental set up and the like. It's a decent song to listen to if I were to play Halo, to get the adrenaline in me pumping, but after that, to my local rock station. 6/10- middle-higher mark for the good correlation, but lower mark because- for me with the little amount of rock experience I have, it seemed a bit generic.

Tigray Quarry- From Ys III- Wanderers from Ys(SNES version) composed by Yuzo Koshiro.

Which I just totally beat this weekend out of procrastination of writing my paper due tomorrow. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:46 pm
For an SNES song, this works some good 8-bit while at the same time holding an orchestral feel to it. Pretty good for Ys. Very interesting... 8.5/10.

Fateful Confrontation from Sora no Kiseki SC by Hayato Sonoda / 園田隼人, Wataru Ishibashi / 石橋渡, Takahide Murayama.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:50 pm
I can feel the action behind this song. It has a good beat to it, and I can tell that this is something I would listen to while doing something to keep me going. 9/10

Final Fantasy X - Ending Theme by Nobuo Uematsu  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm
Sorry for the not being here guys, midterms were last week and I was recuperating this week. D; Luckily, I write my last one on Monday, yayyyy!

Does NOT want my essay back or any of my midterms D;

Anyway: I dunno, it did have the usual Uematsu string fetish thing going on which worked well for the song seeing as it was supposed to be portrayed as a depressing one, but even so, it seemed bland, just sort of strings making long sad notes for the whole duration with the flute playing the title song. 7.5/10

General Battle- From Destiny of an Emperor written by Hiroshige Tonomura  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 am
That's some economical NES music right there... And that has upsides and downsides, which I will elaborate on.

On one hand, this song does a lot with the small pallet it has been dealt. It has rising and falling scales, a slick beat, a good pace, a variety of sounds... It's a very well made piece.

On the other hand, some of it sounds a bit... Silly. Since there is such a small amount of sound variety available, you have to make do with what you have. And some of the sound sound out of place to me as a result. Since there was no alternative, I won't deduct many point for it. It's still a solid song well worth a 7/10.

I'm sorry I haven't been on much. I've had a weird few weeks with midterms and such.

Brave General, Brave King- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance by Yuka Tsujiyoko.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:15 pm
I remember you linking this in one of our music battles. Yeah, this definitely had a Pirates of the Caribbean moment in it. Fits Tibarn fairly well as the King of Hawks. 8.5/10

My next song is...

The Berserker (theme) from Fate/Zero Visual Novel.

... God, I hope this gets in the anime. That, or something equally powerful.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:49 am
At first, I thought it was going to be a solo, dull organ thingy, but when the electric guitar kicked in, it added just that much more badass-ness. The combination of the two worked wonders adding both a feeling of both confronting of someone and climactic. Only thing I didn't enjoy was its somewhat arbitrary ending. 8/10

Gypsy's Dance- From Dragon Warrior IV by Koichi Sugiyama  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces