Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
History of Magic IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:42 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Review? Why am I not surprised?

David had come into history of magic a bit later than he tended to and took a seat a few seats down from Leo, figuring the fact he refused to pay attention in the class shouldn't effect Leo's paying attention like it did last year. He figured he'd just get into trouble for not paying attention on his own. The mere fact the class was so easy for him, since it was pure memorization, was more than enough reason he despised review. He read the book and showed up for class, why did he need a pointless review every year? Then again, he saw no reason to tarnish his good attendance record at this point.

He listened as he tapped his finger on his desk as Tanya and then Theo offered topics that they had gone over and Leo offered the addition to Tanya about the witch that enjoyed getting burned. "Wendelin the Weird? She was caught at least 47 times in various disguises to be burned," David offered with a shrug, before sitting back in his chair with a sigh. "Apparently she didn't have anything half way productive to keep her entertained at the time."

murruelecreuset

{OOC: ....}

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:14 am
User Image
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 <3
With : <3 <3
Who : <3 <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire walked into class and sat down ready to take notes. Of course, she had to put them away again, forgetting first day was review. And she had to roll her eyes. "Yes, we learned about the lunacy of the witch burnings. And how even more ludicrus certain witches were. But we also learned about Newt Scamander who wrote two books on magical creatures, one that we use today." She said with a sigh. Of course the one things they liked the most were the witch burnings.

Fourth year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Quiet in History with Classmates
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Can't believe I was late to this class... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Don't worry your head off; ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          There's always a fate worse than death ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Pray you go quietly, quick and not violently ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho tried his best to be as non-intrusive as possible when he entered the classroom, not wanting to disturb or interrupt the lesson, which was of course already in progress. He sat down next to Tanya with a small frown on his face. Of all the classes for him to've been late to, it had to've been this one, didn't it? This was, after all, his favorite class, so it just made perfect sense that he'd miss half of it. He was exaggerating of course, he'd barely missed five minutes, but still. Oh, well. Professor Powell seemed to be leading them through a review, which Echo supposed he did every year, so it wasn't that bad. He was just annoyed with himself; after all, how had he managed to forget his textbook that morning? Of all things? He'd been so glad to be going straight from Muggle Mythology to History, and he hadn't even actually gotten to do so, really, because he'd had to run up to his Common Room and back. He sighed; he'd have to leave himself a note or something in the future.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ No need to worry; we all meet our end someday
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Pray you go silently into the bleak dead of night

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:32 am
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Guilty
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: I can't believe I got lost...
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Fourth Years
While your smile is finally extinguished: History of Magic

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie filed in late, a guilty look on her face. She'd managed to get lost. A fourth year, getting lost. It was a bit ridiculous. One wrong turn and she'd ended up in an entirely different wing of the school. She just counted herself lucky she managed to find her way to the correct classroom after that little adventure. She sat down on the other side of Echo and opened up her textbook.

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:39 am
There is a ghost...
Deep in my throat...
Shoving it down...
Speak and you choke!
Every fire...
Sharpens the flood...
Throbbing and wild!
Stained in blood...

User Image

DAVID SHOICHET | FOURTH YEAR | GRYFFINDOR | MUGGLEBORN
And each little lie: Neutral | Making mountains: ... | Mountains I climb: Fourth Years | Wasting my time: History of Magic

David slunk to the back of the room, late for class. Honestly, they should all be grateful he even came to this class. What would they do without him making sarcastic comments? He sat in the back and stared at his textbook.

Somewhere between dirty and clean, water and smoke, laugh and you choke...

Feeding the fire...
Teasing the lies!
With dirt in my eyes...
Oh, dirt in my eyes
Pissed it away!
The heroes are gone.
Dirt in their sheets...
Rum on their tongues...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, ready for another day of class to start. Taking a piece of chalk, he quickly wrote on the board. He then turned to face the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. This particular piece,"
                                            he said, gesturing to the stone tablet that was displayed, "is actually a replica of another tablet that had to be removed from a dig site, as it clearly demonstrated several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curse that was placed on the tomb that this tablet came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

Grayson looked around the room, studying each student before continuing. "Please feel free to ask any questions, or to make any comments. While I know that everyone here might not be interested, at least some of you might be."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into class, sighing as he realized that he had to deal with yet another day of History of Magic, which had to be the single most boring class that he has ever seen. When he came in his first year, he thought that maybe magical history was going to be a lot more exciting...oh how much he was wrong. He was extremely wrong. However, this lesson seemed to have a little cooler spin on things though. He did listen, unlike what he usually did, but he didn't write anything down. The names were easy to remember and relatively simple to understand.

He did wonder how big giant was when it came to a patronus. Mainly because there was no set height on that. Not even anything to prove it was even possible, but he wouldn't express that opinion; so he didn't get in trouble.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:13 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
Wearing: His Uniform
Dating Leonette Mitchell

I hate history class. I already found out this much by just reading the textbook.

David entered the History of Magic classroom fairly early and took a seat near the back, pretty much the complete opposite of what he did for any other class. History was probably one of the easiest classes because it was just memorization, but that was part of the reason he hated it. Professor Powell wanted to make history into some interactive class, and answer questions, after going over what you could pretty much find out by actually reading. However, David firmly believed beyond just memorizing history for 'don't do this, do, do this' reference there was no use for the class. He could just sit in the library or something and memorize history facts. Yet, he was determined to keep a good attendance record so there he sat, his notes from the textbook sitting in front of him and twirling his quill in his hand not even bothering to take notes. He was bored, but at least the professor couldn't claim he was being disruptive, it wasn't like he was talking. Rude, maybe, but disruptive, he figured not so much.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya made it just in time for the beginning of Professor Powell's lecture and took her usual seat as she wrote down everything she could while trying not to die of boredom. It wasn't that she didn't think it was interesting, as far as History lectures went this was by far one of the more pleasant ones, but still it was history. She was sure that if Elsie and Echo weren't going to strap her to a chair and her Mum threatening to burn her broomstick she'd just say forget it not even bother to try and pass her OWL. Evil, the lot of them.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: History classroomWith: ClassThinking: BlahblahblahOOC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History : Tuesday (9:00am to 9:45am)

Leonette took a seat in another history class. It seemed like this class got more and more boring over time. She knew the week before David didn’t sit next to her because they would only talk and ultimately get in trouble. However, that didn’t mean that she didn’t want to sit with him. Taking a seat beside him regardless Leonette listened and took notes on the subject. ‘Egypt and Greece... why couldn’t it be just a bit more interesting…?’

With: Class

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:32 pm
~Beginning of a New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:33 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, the start of a new year...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 pm
Julius is...spacespacespacespacespacespacespacespace
═════════════════════════════════════════════════
Currently // dating Celaena Snow
Dressed in // in his uniform
And, Thinking // a bit of an intimidating bloke...
spacespac

space Julius took a seat a few rows from the front of the class, pulled out his parchment and his quill and ink bottle, ready to take notes-even if it was probably mostly review. Which when Professor Powell started class it indeed was. Julius raised his hand and offered, "We discussed Nicolas Flamel who was the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone." He shrugged and left it simple and at that, besides there were other classmates that needed to go. And why come off as a know it all? The basics were good enough for the kind of introductory review the professor was holding.

Triplet//Reserve Seeker for Gryffindor
                                                          ((OoC))
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:15 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine quickly took a seat in history, one of her favourite subjects. While many would call her nuts, Lexine was a bit of a history buff, so she had always enjoyed Professor Powell's lessons. Of course being around him in both history and ancient runes helped... Sadly they were simply reviewing. Either way, Lexine was willing to participate although she raised her hand hesitantly. "We learned about the Muggle witch burnings..." She offered quietly.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out