Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:58 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

David looked over at Belle’s mention. First a black haired guy came over, a Slytherin if he remembered correctly. One person that he didn’t know the name of but he didn’t know his name either so it seemed fair. “Hey.” he simply said not knowing what else to say. Next David turned his attention to Serafina as she showed up. Right behind her Xavier came, now that was a surprise. “Hey Serafina… Hey Xavier… What a surprise to see you here.” David said with a big smile.

“I was wondering when you were going to come and join the Dueling Club.” David told Xavier with a smile. “That’s what I thought… my dad talks a lot about him.” He said turning his attention back to Marina. She seemed pretty nice for a Slytherin. Even Belle was nice. David wondered if it was over stated that Slytherin’s were terrible students. Maybe they weren’t any worst then the rest.

With: Dueling club... Belle, Marina, Serafina, Xavier, Dominic

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:42 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ jogged into the courtyard, slowing at the sight of people. There were already students here. Was she late? She sure hoped not. "Hey guys! Don't start the fun without me!" she called as she picked up her pace once again, hurrying to the small gathering of club members. Belle was here, obviously, as was Dom and Marina, and some other students she had only vaguely heard of. Serafina, Xavier, and David. Yeah, those were their names. "Hi. I don't think we've actually been introduced. Heather Hawthorn, fifth year Hufflepuff, at your service." she said to the students she did not know personally. A kind smile lit up on her face, and a hand reached up to run its fingers through the girl's short blonde hair. Teal orbs glanced to the teen's Slytherin rival on the Quidditch Pitch, and the smile changed to a playful smirk. "You still owe me a duel from last term, Dom. Don't think that I've forgotten." The only eventful thing that had happened last term in the club was her accidental explosion of a practice dummy. Who could blame her for experimenting? Sure, it was a bit unstable, but that's how the best duelers come to be: they learn from their mistakes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm
User ImageUser Image 
Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Wearing
Volare

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle walked out into the courtyard and looked around with interest. There were a few new faces around, but no one she was particularly interested in. Silently she adjusted her hat on white hair, before walking over to Heather with a wave. She felt no animosity towards the girl, despite their duel at the end of term last year. She frankly had been annoyed at being dragged to the duel in the first place, and found amusement in angering Ronyo. She liked to keep him guessing on who exactly she was. Because there was the side of her he liked, the side that stuck up for Ada, and was overprotective of Olyvia, but there was also the side he hated. The side that balanced on the line of good and evil, hung around with Tay, and found amusement in setting others on fire. Watching him struggle with the concept of her, was one of her amusements. "Hey Heather." The Slytherin said quietly, tilting her head to the side and giving the girl a half smile.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

Grinning brightly, a humble group of students gathered around her at the base of the clock tower courtyard. Scanning through the faces, a small forlorn crossed her mind that this would be her last year running the dueling club for the school and it twisted her stomach to make way for butterflies. She took a deep breath, plastering a smile on her face as her vision grazed across each of theirs. ”Alright mates, looks like there’s a decent group here,

“Everyone, pick a partner, and stand across from them in the separate clearings I’ve arranged throughout the field. Hold your wand at the ready, and bow respectively before taking ten paces backwards and duel, as is customary for most proper duels. This is a respectable club, so no harsh spells unless you’re willing to deal with the consequences.”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Dope
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:28 am
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

David watched as Heather jogged over to the courtyard. “Hey Heather I’m David Clarisse second year Gryffindor. You might know my sister Chloe isn’t a third year Hufflepuff.” He said with a smile. He liked this older girl she seemed really nice. David listened up when Belle started speaking. It was time to start. “Hey who wants to be my partner?” he asked curiously as he pulled out his wand. He was so ready for this.

With: Dueling club... Belle, Marina, Serafina, Xavier, Dominic, Heather, Michelle

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He nodded his head assuredly; Marina was right, dueling never quite was on the top of his list of priorities—and sometimes—he had to wonder what actually was. Then again, he was sure there were times when Damien had probably thought the same thing of himself, so, who was he to judge? Before he knew, his cousin had assembled the lot closer together and explained they were jumping straight into dueling. And no, he couldn’t resist the smirk that everyone could probably guess was already on his lips.
”Alright Hawthorn, you asked for it.” He smirked, brandishing his long wand of supple English Oak and beckoning her forward with it with a single, swift swipe. He pivoted on his heels embellishing the green Slytherin emblem with pride as he found himself towards the center of a dueling ring and awaited her in the middle to bow, start their march, and duel.

”How about we make this interesting Hawthorn? A friendly wager of sorts?”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Clocktower Courtyard—Dueling Club
You green with Envy?
╚═══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:01 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Do you THINK I don't BLEED?
Why are you trying to HIDE behind a stupid LIE
When the TRUTH is your EYES
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL
The PERSON that you THINK you are
You stay ALONE 'cause real's just too HARD

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say you'll never go that far: Neutral | But you're not who you say you are: I can't wait to duel... | Your time is up in too many places: Michelle | You've got too many faces: Courtyard|
Wearing

Marina brightened at the announcement, as she'd been itching to duel for a while now, and then realized who she had to go up against. Michelle. here was no one else in her year besides Dominic, who after last time would most likely not be eager to face off against her again, and he was going to duel Heather anyways. She wasn't scared of the white haired Slytherin, and she doubted she ever would be, having seen far scarier things than a girl with a taste for violence. But she didn't like pain, and Michelle seemed to enjoy causing it. Also, she was a bit wary of Michelle being very hard to beat. Did that mean she wasn't going to try? Hell no. She shrugged and turned to her housemate. "Looks like it me versus you." She stepped into the nearest clearing. "Shall we?" she asked calmly.

You've got your HEART in too many PLACES

XxXDevil-Chan

Always LAYING the BLAME
You're never ONE and the SAME
Could it be that you're AFRAID to look INSIDE
And find you'll NEVER get it RIGHT
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH
How you EVER gonna keep it STRAIGHT?
Do you WANNA be a MEMORY?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Wearing
Volare

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle resisted the urge to flick Dominic's smirk right off his face or threaten him or something when he spoke to Heather. The boy just pissed her off. She wasn't so good at forgiving people's past doings though... and Dom had made her best friend cry their first year. She huffed and glanced up when Marina spoke to her. A smirk of her own crawled onto her face and she nodded her head."Looks like it is." She said simply, following the girl into the clearing and nodding her head at the second question. "Lets do this." She said simply, before bowing and taking her ten steps backwards, holding her wand at the ready, but not firing a spell just yet.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR

You say you'll never go that far: Neutral | But you're not who you say you are: I can't wait to duel... | Your time is up in too many places: Michelle | You've got too many faces: Courtyard|
Wearing

Marina bowed in response, then took the appropriate ten steps back. Her wand came up to point in Michelle's direction. But she did nothing. Instead she waited for the other girl to make the first move. Previously she would have iniated the duel without thinking twice. But she'd paid the price for acting rashly before, and she couldn't afford to make mistakes when versing Michelle. She was going to defend first, rather than attack.

XxXDevil-Chan

Always LAYING the BLAME
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Wearing
Volare

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle growled in annoyance as Marina didn't make the first move. Fine fine, the silver eyed girl could play it this way. She blinked at the red head for a few moments, before a smirk crawled onto her face. She could of course use fire spells like she enjoyed doing, but that was to obvious a first move for her. Her wand drifted up in her hand, before suddenly shooting forward with quick precise movements. "Tarantallegra!" She said quietly. She had used the same hex as a first move in her duel with Heather and had realized how easily the blonde Hufflepuff had been caught off guard by a spell like so.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:49 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR

Wearing

Marina was intensely grateful for having perfect eyesight. She kept her eyes on Michelle's wand, trying to read the movements, and saw a split second before the girl was finished saying the hex what was coming. She jumped out of the way, the hex missing her left leg by a millimeter. Her heart had started beating faster, but her breathing was still steady and slow. "Impedimenta!" she said in a low tone, staring at Michelle.

XxXDevil-Chan

Always LAYING the BLAME
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ was a little shocked when Michelle appeared beside her and said hello... Okay, she nearly jumped out of her skin. How did that girl do it? Always sneaking about like she did. "H-Hey Michelle." Her voice quivered a bit, but who could blame her? After all, she was talking to the same girl who lit her on fire last year. As Annabelle called for everyone to partner up, she was greeted again, this time by a second year named David. "Nice to meet you, David. Oh, Chloe! I thought you looked familiar. You two are clearly related. But, yes. I do know your sister. She's a sweetie." Heather smiled at the young boy, then she heard her name. It was Dominic, who had already claimed a dueling field for them both. Yes! Dom was an excellent dueler, so she had heard. This was her chance to prove herself to the others! "Wait for me!" she called as she jogged to the center of the mini arena. She removed her wand from her back pocket, a rather long thing measuring at twelve and one quarter inches. The shiny dark cedar wood fit like a glove in her hand, the handle well worn by this point. She couldn't help but flashback to everything this wand has gotten her through. Sure, she didn't have it the summer before last when she was trapped in that creepy shack, but she got it back after kicking tail with a borrowed wand. "A wager, huh? What did you have in mind, Montague?" she asked, drawing her wand into her chest, staring past it into the blue eyes of her opponent. The teen smiled, innocent at first, but it soon twisted into a playful smirk. Yes, this would be exciting. As long as he didn't light her on fire, that is. She'd had enough of that for one lifetime.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Xistund

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm
User Image

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
Cause I
want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius came to the dueling club, it felt strange not having Ronyo here. It looked like everyone was setting up. "Hey sorry I'm late."He said moving his hair out of his eyes. He wondered if he missed a new spell that he could have learned.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I
wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 am

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿Serafina smiled at David when he noticed her, and nodded at Belle as she thanked. She pulled out her wand, gripping it comfortably to get ready. They'll surely cast some spells sooner or later. When a Hufflepuff approached the three second years, she returned with a respectful smile. When she introduced herself, she replied back, " Hello there Miss Heather, I'm Serafina Lancaster, Slytherin, " she politely replied. At the corner of her eye, she saw another Slytherin coming. She recognized her as Michelle Catlin, an older Slytherin student. Of course she would recognize her, I mean, they're in the same house.

The brunette let out a smirk when she heard that they would duel with partners. When she heard David ask who wanted to be his partner, she raised her hand.
" I'll be your partner David, " she answered, walking over to a clearing. She tightly gripped her wand of silver birch, thinking of a simple strategy in her mind.Oh this is gonna be so much fun ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Getting Ready

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Hmmm, first let's think of some spells to fire
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club Members...David

Out Of Cookies:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 am
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier beamed when Belle said that it was okay for him to join. Finally! Blue eyes looked at David when he greeted him then said that he wondered when he was gonna join.
" Yo. Well, last year, I kinda...forgot, " he shrugged, rubbing his arm, embarrassed for a minute. He looked at the Hufflepuff beater, slowly approaching them and then introduced herself. A smirk danced on his lips, as he introduced himself to her, " Xavier Nicholson, Second Year Gryffindor. Pleasure to meet you. " He turned his head, looking at who was the other one that came to the courtyard. Well, whoever it was, he was too oblivious to recognize. As he attentively listened to Belle, he smiled widely. Yes! Finally, some duels. When David asked who wanted to be his partner, he opened his mouth, already on the verge of saying 'Me,' but then Serafina said she would do it. Bloody Hell.

He looked around, noticing that everyone had partners, except Belle. He knew that he wouldn't stand a chance against the seventh year. But he was saved when another student came, who was practically late. He slowly approached the older male, clearing his throat to make himself noticed.
" Umm, hey there. We seem to be the only ones without partners so... I'm Xavier,also, by the way. " He stuttered. What the fudge? He gulped, running his fingers through his brown hair, looking down. Man that was awkward.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: I wonder if he agrees...
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Asking
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling club
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling club members....Darius

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

Xistund

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items