Librium Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 pm
“You’re upset, I understand. My name is Jharad Pinto. We met just before your battle at the arena. That was a wonderful display of power if I might I. I am a Priest of Deminas from Suma, the desert lands to the west. I am also a deminaught. My teachings foretell a coming of the demon marked by two. I can only assume you are the figure of my prophesy.” Jharad slowed down.

“The Farseir is neutral. Both lumen and deminaught go to him. He is a fallen lumen that requires a gift. If he accepts, he will show you the task with which you were inspired. I only want to know the truth Demi God.” Jharad caught you off guard. You had gotten so used to people calling you demon that you did not expect to be called a demi god nor did you know what it meant. You could tell however that Jharad was some fanatic and in some ways he worshipped you before you were even inspired. Jharad started to speak in tongues and sway about.

“He is acting weird Hudson.” Fiona crept behind your right leg and watched him with just the tips of her eyes.

“Unfortunately we do not have the gift he requires. We may have to convince him. To be honest Hudson, I do not know what will happen beyond this point. A very grave future is upon us, that much is sure. Only you will have the power to end all suffering. I vow my services to you demi god.”

Once he finished speaking there was a loud crunch from the brush beside you. All heads turned that direction. Without a moment to react, Noel dove from behind a tree with his mace and shield in hand. He stood so that he separated you and Fiona from Jharad.

“Take a step back Hudson. I won’t let this deminaught harm you!” Noel’s eyes lit up brilliantly. He was able to calculate the battle and saw his chances of winning were slim. This deminaught’s power level equaled that of Heugh’s. Maybe if Hudson helped they could win.

“For a lumen who sees so much you understand so little. We want the same thing.” Jharad replied calmly. He hadn’t armed himself yet, showing he wished to discuss things diplomatically.

“Yeah maybe but I won’t let it be in Deminas’s name.” Noel was ready to strike. “What say you Hudson? Let us get back on track. Val and the rest of our crew can’t be too far off.”  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 pm
Hudson looked at Jharad as Noel came crashing threw. His first instinct was to join Noel in taking Jharad out, but the last couple days had changed alot of his views. Hudson didn't know what to believe anymore. Everything...everything seemed like a lie anymore. Nothing made sense. He had two marks? A neutral Farseir, wasn't there only good and evil? Hudson was confused and all he knew was both Jharad and the Lumen wanted him to go to the Farseir. If that was so then they both were on his side for the moment.

Hudson growled, "No Noel, I am in charge of this mission and Jharad has agreed to help us get to the Farseir. As he pointed out to me the Farseir is a neutral entity. You don't trust him because he bears the mark of Deminas, but so do I. If that is all it takes to lose your trust, then bear your weapons at my as well. For now I declare him friend, we can always deal with him later if need be. Now lets find the others."  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 pm
“As you wish.” Noel gulped. He stepped down from his powerful stance and let his body loosen up. If his face could show expressions it would be filled with fear. Instead, like a robot, he obeyed your command. There was nothing he could do anyway. He needed your help to take down Jharad who was also a level 5 deminaught. However there was something more to his fear. He knew what gift the Farseir required and he also knew Jharad knew what the Farseir required. That put Noel in an awkward position. His head fell with a heavy sigh as his shoulders bared the full weight of his decision.

“That’s a good boy! Your assistance will be most useful to our travels.” Jharad snickered. Although Jharad could overlook the shield on your back, he was still soaked with hatred for the lumen. He started darkly at Noel. The tension in the small woodland clearing was thick enough to cut with one of your blood swords. All seemed to finally sit still until the tiny voice from behind your feet spoke up.

“But he is a lumen Hudson. Shouldn’t we stop him? Those are the people fighting my brother.” Fiona looked up at you with deep puzzlement. She had picked up a twig to fight with.

“Even the little girl is against me. For your information miss, we lumen have done nothing but protect the chosen people of Paitrux. Your brother is just one of the many who are angry that he is not among the chosen. That is not my fault?” Noel looked down at Fiona as he spoke. He eyes scared her. His cocky arrogance reminded you the many Lue who beat your nearly to death.

“Am I chosen Hudson?” Fiona sunk further behind you and tugged at the back of your shirt.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:43 pm
"Chosen by Paitrux, I am afriad not. But neither was I and I was taken to Sanctasplin, and so too shall you. You are my chosen Fiona" Hudson said with a warm smile and pat on the back. "Now enough, both of you!" Hudson roared at the two. "We find the others and make for the Farsier"  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:56 am
“I’m your chosen!” Fiona lit up with excitement. She jumped into your hug and climbed onto your back for a ride. You gave one final glare at the two and then motioned for them to lead the way. Jharad and Noel turned their back from one another and began to walk. For the longest time there was no talking. The coldness each showed to the other made sure of that.

It was probably for the best though. The rugged terrain the jungle floor made was very difficult to travel on. At no point was it flat enough to walk along, forcing the group to climb, jump, weave, and all other combination of complicated maneuvers. Not only was the pass difficult but the creature that lurked in the jungle were numerous and dangerous. Nole and Jharad took turns attempting to impress one another with how quickly they could dismember the oncoming threat. After speed was settled they began taking out the creatures with as much style as possible. Jharad threw down a crystal along a set of trees and tried to ricochet a beam of light off of the crystals to hit a bumble jaguar. He missed and the beast shot into the air with it twin sets of wings. With great ferocity and speed the cat like fiend pounced forward and knocked you over, tossing Fiona from your back. Noel dove forward to recover the girl and threw up his shield to hold off the cat. It was up to you to dismember it.

The bumble jaguar’s screech caused something further in the jungle to stir. A huge rumble shot across the jungle surface. One after another, tremors shook the ground, as if massive footsteps were moving in your direction.

“That is not a good sound. We might be close to a Desecrated Temple.” Jharad shuttered. Unknown abominations of any kind protect fallen temples of the other gods. While their gods may be dead, what is left of the abominations have sworn to protect the sanctity and memory of their god’s temple. “It must be a golem!” Jharad’s anxiety yelled out.

Just then a hand that was twice your size reached out from the brush as it crushed its way towards the disturbance. In one swift motion, the massive gear turning metal hand gripped around Nole and Fiona. It plucked them from the jungle floor and pulled away as a saw like hang swung around form the other side to clear the trees in the way. As the trees fell from their hold to the jungle floor, bit and parts of a huge steam working clockwork crab emerged from the clearing. The saw hand swooped along the ground, working towards crushing Jharad and you while its torso turned to return to the temple. Its body was slow but tank like. Jharad’s fears were confirmed. This was a desecrated temple guardian, also known as a golem.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:53 pm
Hudson eyes went wide with fear as he saw the towering golem. What abomination was that? Even the steamwork soldiers of Santctasplin weren't as freightening as that thing was. Hudson wanted to turn and run, but he remembered that Noel and Fiona were in that things grasp. The thought made his blood boil. He could feel his blood taking control again. It rushed threw his veins as it wanted to tear the golem to pieces.

"No fear Jharad!" He said, though the words were not his own. Hudson groared as he bit into his arms yet again and giant swords dripped forth. Hudson lunged up at the gear joins of the golems foot and pointed both sword tips to try and pirece it at the gears in the golems leg. If Tozzar could cause the thing ot topple he would be able to make quick work of it. it would be pointless to attack the main body of the golem, Tozzar had seen enough people try that when the Santctasplin gearwork soldiers arrested criminals, the plating would be solid metal; however if it was like them it would have a vulnerability at the joints. Where the gear work met to move the best would be the eaisest point to attack.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:17 am
“Great idea Hudson.” Jharad marveled at the way you summoned blood iron weapons. He watched you pounce forward with your blades set on the joints of the golem’s leg. The strike was effective. Your blades struck the gear tendon and it skipped a beat, causing the whole leg to jerk and fall off of its chain. The limp limb snapped under the pressure of the step, rendering it useless. A whale like moan blew from what you could only assume was its face. You landed gracefully on the jungle surface to look at your work. Regrettably, not much had been done. The other 5 prime legs continued working as if nothing had happened. However, you now had the complete attention of the golem.

“Help Hudson!” Fiona screamed from the clutch of the golem’s claw. Noel and Fiona were complete entrapped by a metal sheet and pressed together. They could do nothing to assist you.

“Hudson watch careful of its center.” Jharad shot a wall of crystals just in time to intercept a cannon that had been fired at you. “It looks as though its center is a revolving cannon. You should be able to outrun it if you continue moving.” Jharad’s intuition was correct. Aimed directly for you was a triple barrel cannon, steam blowing from one of the barrels, and a number of wheels at their base so that can rotate and pivot along the golem’s torso. Another cannon ball exploded from a barrel aimed directly or you.

The five remaining legs redistributed the golem’s weight by angling into a perfect pentagon and then continued moving in the same direction. Unfortunately the legs seemed to move separately from the rest of the body, so the golem could stick work on killing you and move without thinking twice about either task. One of its saw arms continued working at clearing the jungle ahead while a second was quickly moving towards Jharad. The Jackal laid down a crystal shard that expanded into a barrier before any harm was done. He then, with a push of his hands, shot bits of the crystals, in sharp knife like shards, back at the golem.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 pm
Jharad, "Aim for its weapons, and head. Try and draw its attention! I will hit the other five legs!" Hudson shouted as he jumped forward out of the blast of the next cannon ball shot. AS the cannons prepared to fire yet again on Hudson he rolled ran as fast as he could towards the leg at the head of the pentagon. If he could disable enough legs he could topple the golem over and make short work of it once it was immobile.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:41 pm
The cannon trailed you as best it could. The gear like snake arm twisted on itself so the barrels were facing you as soon as it was loaded and ready to blast. Three massive metal spheres burst from the cannons towards you. You dove just in time to dodge and forward as a gust of wind followed the balls. Falling was a fair trade because, like you hoped, the golem shot down one of its own legs. As the cannon balls ripped through the second leg the golem slowed to adjust its remaining legs. Another loud whale like moan poured from the golem. Steam shot out of pipes along the top as a furnace in its core began to burn furiously. With this gesture, the golem began to move much more rapidly.

Jharad nodded to your words as you rattled off your plan. He would do whatever he could to help. So it seemed at least. Keeping Nole and Fiona around might be more incentive than you know. With a few pot shots of crystals, Jharad pulled the attention of the saw arms. The Jackal waited as both arms converged on him. The timing had to be right if he wanted to disable them both. With flawless execution, Jharad tossed down a crystal from both hands and snapped. Just before either saw hands chewed Jharad to pieces, the two crystal shards expanded in seconds, encasing the two limbs. They tore from the torso as the crab like golem rushed back to its lair.

“Wait you two… STOP!” Nole yelled as best he could with a crushed diaphragm. You spotted the two struggling in the golems grasp and noticed they looked to be in excruciating pain. “The claw is tightening every time you do damage to it. It will squish us before your done with it.”  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm
Hudson looked up at his friends being crushed in the golems grasp. "Stop Jharad. Stop. We have to find a way to free them first. I don't think we can while its on the move like this. We should trail it back to its lair and try and recsue them there." Hudson dodged another cannon ball that ripped the ground next to him as he tumbled into a roll away from the exploding earth. He needed to save Fiona and Nole, but the golem would kill them before they got an opportunity. Hudson bite his lip as he looked over the massive golem. It was just too big. Him and Jharad weren't strong enough to take it down alone, atleast not fast enough. The core of the monster would be too tough to attack directly, the only option Hudson saw was taking it piece by piece.

"Unless you have any better ideas Jharad."  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:28 pm
“Unfortunately I do not. If we take our chances and follow it back to it’s layer our time will be very limited. It is my understanding that the golem is taking them back to its fallen god’s temple to make a sacrifice. Such is the only task these ghosts have left.” Jharad did not want to admit defeat just yet. He could see it in your eyes too. There was no way you were going to let Fiona down. The look filled him with morale.

The two of you followed from a safe distance. After falling back around 50 meters of so, the golem lost consciousness of you and sprinted onward without distraction. As it plowed through the jungle, it neared a colossal clock tower, mildly hidden amuck clouds of fog. The golem scaled the tower, as only its clockwork body could, and came to rest just below a relic like dial. Once the golem entered its resting chambers the tower came to life. Gears began to rip into rotation. Chains clang along lines that made pistons pump. A stream of gas poured into the sky. It looked as though the tower was being prepared for something. The relic dial began to count down.

“As I suspected. That is the desecrated temple of Disagruel Yorick.” Jharad looked as though he was hunting through his memory. “He is uhh, god of steam and the engine. Your Paitrux was his ally.”  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 pm
Hudson watched as the golem began to climb. Up upon that tower the golem would feel secure, it would think it would see anything attacking coming a mile away from that height. Hudson could use that to his advantage. "We must move fast Jharad. I am going to transform into my beast form, when I do jump on my back and I will soar up there quickly. Get off my back and free the others. I will distract the golem, hopefully long enough for you to accomplish that task" Hudson said with certainty.

Before Jharad could respond he started the switch. It was very painful still and felt like his skin was ripping off him. He wanted to let out a mighty mix of a roar and scream, but he didn't want to risk alearting the golem to their presence. They had one shot at this, and no time to discuss plans. Jharad would just have to go along with Hudson plan, if there was a better one, there wasn't enough time to figure it out.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:11 pm
Jharad understood and quickly climbed aboard before you took to the sky. A few flaps of your wings and you were beside the golem. Jharad leaped through the air, landing on the clock tower. His long jackal nails dug into the buildings side to hold him in place. He could not proceed until after the golem had moved.

The golem, busy with its ritual, did not budge. It was completely unaware of you. You found Fiona and Nole. They were between the golem and this crazy looking altar to Disagruel Yorick. Fiona was unconscious but Nole was still struggling. The golem had set them down but it looked like Nole was somehow hooked up to the altar with wires and gears. Only Jharad could get to them. The thought of changing back to humanoid form made you lose control for a second. Maybe you were only able to change after a set amount of time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm
Hudson flew straight for the golems head. He had to get its attention, at any cost possible. Every second he could delay the golem from completeing the ritual was another second that Jharad had to free Fiona and Nole. Hudson rammed the golem in the face and swiped his claws and struck his scropion tail into its face. It barely scratched the metal but hopefully it would draw the monster's attention.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:37 pm
You felt wild, out of control, and above all things, you felt hungry. Slamming into the mechanical crustacean was all you could think to do but it was hardly effective and only angered the beast. You quickly found a chainsaw hand swinging all around you, forcing you to back off. You had its attention but success was far from your grasp. The massive crab spun around in an instant and tackled over the side of the clock tower, you along with it.

“Hudson NOO!” Jharad ran to the edge of the platform and watched as the two of you dropped. He could not make you out in between the flailing clockwork limbs. While in mid plummet, the crab hooked its remaining legs into the wall, caught itself and then swung all around to the other side of the c**k tower. Jharad’s eyes grew with fear. He spun back to Noel and Fiona. Noel was strapped to some strange gear twisting table that pull at each of his limbs. He was being stretched out. Fiona, incapacitated, laid motionlessly next to the table. Noel struggled. He was in excruciating pain. The closer he got to death the more his eyes flared brightly. He was devolving. “I do not have much time lumen so you will remain here. Give my regards to Disagruel Yorick.” Jharad said with a devilish grin as he scooped up the child. Suddenly, a light filled the clock tower.

Just as Jharad stepped away a massive crab claw clenched one of the pillars holding the top of the tower. Its massive shell like body summited the platform and located Jharad. A strange look came over it, almost as if it was smiling. The light grew throughout the tower until it collided with something from inside. Slowly, gears, chains, and smoke came to life. Cannons on axils shot out from the clock tower’s walls and a loud bell began to ring. The crustacean’s focus moved from Jharad, who was standing dumbfounded, to Noel. The table gear spun furiously until his body ripped to pieces. His blood spewed everywhere. You could taste it in the air. It made your pores lurch. The crab had no idea you could fly and assumed you were dead.

The blood flow from Noel’s body poured into small divots in the floor of the platform. The red rivers moved like synchronized streams until they had filled what looked like a giant cog symbol in the ground. Once full, another blast of light filled the tower, this one had power behind it, tossing Jharad from the tower. You saw his body sailing towards the surface but there was no inclination that Fiona was around. Where had she gone? You panicked. It was save Jharad, who had saved your life once and practically worshipped you, or find out if Fiona was alight. Both thoughts occurred to you but the only thing you would accept was devouring that blood.

You were amazed by what you saw as the light cleared. The crustacean, while clinging to the clock tower, had reached over the side and caught Jharad. Something was different. A dead energy did not follow with the golem. It seemed alive more so than before. The golem looked toward you and a smile crossed its bucket like face.

“Hudson,” The voice relived you. You wings lifted you to the platform and you melted back to your normal flesh. “What…what is going on? I feel different.” Fiona looked worried. She had her hand over her forehead like it hurt. A trial of blood dribbled down from between her fingers. You feared the worst as you sprinted to her side. She fell into your arms. When she looked up at you she moved her hand out of the way. Fear in her eyes, a whimper in her lips, and a still bleeding mark of a gear tattooed to the center of her forehead. At first glance the gear made you bulge with ferocious rage. You wanted to snap her neck in that instance but when she repeated your name the sensation dissipated. This was not the mark of a lumen or a deminaught. Was this what it looked like to be inspired by Disagruel Yorick.

Just then the massive robotic crab ascended the clock with Jharad cupped in its hand. The golem set him down gently and then powered down. A small gear, about the size of Fiona’s palm, dropped from the golem and rolled over to her feet. She picked it up and it felt warm.

“Hudson…I…I think that mean thing is my friend?” Her eyes were big and scared all over again. She did not understand any of it. Either did you. The little you could make of the situation was that Noel was sacrificed and Fiona was inspired by what Jharad said was a dead god.  
Dark Hand role playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff