Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
Team Colon- Blue Ribbon Committee 2k13 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart
Ayame-Yuura
AquaticPisces

LOL yeah, so many key changes in that song. ><"
There are some saxes that are small, about the same size as a clarinet, but
they're expensive. ;-;
The one that I play is an alto, carrying it around isn't that bad...unless you take the bus.

*pats back* Could only compare to some Filipino Christmas songs. They're fast as heck, they're like tongue twisters to sing and the key shifts many times too ;__;
Oh~? I didn't know there were small sax. Nice to know~ And oh right! Saxes are classified into different kinds, huh~? The only instrument I know that I have a hard time carrying around is... The keyboard. Oof! It's sooo big. XD XD And I can't take public transpo carrying it around >.<"
my band has alto, tenor and barry (baritone) saxes

Same with my band. xp
Carrying a barry sax is torture. x_x
so least school year, my band class went on a trip to Boston. She school we preformed at had a really nice band room, and when our bass clarinet suddenly stopped working, they got us another one.
We go out to the aud and went um, ew. Ours is better. The seats sucked, so did the stands and percussion instruments. The bells were held up by RUBBER BANDS, it was so bad. The timphanis were all different makes, and the snare was bad.
It was like their instruments were abused! We still managed to hook 1st in High School class C concert band and High School concert band. Second highest score, beat out by a middle school band. Booyah
Also saw Blue Man Group

Just reading that made my stomach churn.
RUBBER BANDS! Are you serious? ._."
Way to go first place! I always wanted to see Blue Man Group.
Back when I was in middle school, the school board
hosts a music festival, my school won first place as well, against
some highschool.
Anyway...RUBBER BANDS?!
YES, RUBBER-FRIKKIN'-BANDS
geez. this year, one of the ropes for the marimba (i think? it's some fancy xylophone) broke, but a kid had one small enough and long enough to replace it. it's doing very well, it's the same style, just camo color instead of white
and at my school, while the chairs and stuff aren't the best (standard metal folding chairs), they're not about to fall apart. and we have a wooden snare drum, and everything's top notch. if not, then damn near~
we had to replace the rope that held up the gong as well this year. at one point the temp rope was a bunch of cloth twisted together X'D
but we have actual clothesline (heavy-duty) holding it up now, with tons extra for when it frays ou o  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:22 pm
Kitalpha Hart

Really? And they manage to keep them all relatively active? What's the point in having so many?

AquaticPisces

Yeah, only have this Spanish presentation to prepare for. But other than that, pretty low key.
Oooh, exams... fun (and I totally did not just shudder)
Exams haven't poked their heads out of the ground yet, but I await the dreaded day when Exams get confident enough to make an appearance.
Thanks C= I don't normally get sick, it's just the stupid weather.
Not really cold, but not quite warm either. Just warm enough to fool you into thinking that you don't need to bundle up and then WHAM! You're sick.

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 pm
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys
Kitalpha Hart

Really? And they manage to keep them all relatively active? What's the point in having so many?

AquaticPisces

Yeah, only have this Spanish presentation to prepare for. But other than that, pretty low key.
Exams haven't poked their heads out of the ground yet, but I await the dreaded day when Exams get confident enough to make an appearance.
Not really cold, but not quite warm either. Just warm enough to fool you into thinking that you don't need to bundle up and then WHAM! You're sick.
guild mules, cosplay accounts, have a different gender avi without taking the potion, vending mules to sell small items and to hold their funds, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:33 pm
Kitalpha Hart

But still... I have two... And I sometimes find it hard to keep up with both cx Can't imagine what having that many would be like.

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys
Kitalpha Hart

But still... I have two... And I sometimes find it hard to keep up with both cx Can't imagine what having that many would be like.
like I said earlier, I have two mains and a cosplay account. On my laptop, I have Firefox and Chrome. Between the two, I can be on all three at once  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am
AquaticPisces
Ayame-Yuura
AquaticPisces

they're expensive. ;-;
The one that I play is an alto, carrying it around isn't that bad...unless you take the bus.

*pats back* Could only compare to some Filipino Christmas songs. They're fast as heck, they're like tongue twisters to sing and the key shifts many times too ;__;
Oh~? I didn't know there were small sax. Nice to know~ And oh right! Saxes are classified into different kinds, huh~? The only instrument I know that I have a hard time carrying around is... The keyboard. Oof! It's sooo big. XD XD And I can't take public transpo carrying it around >.<"

OMG yes! And when they rap, it's
the ultimate tongue twister. x_x
LOL keyboards, I remember we had a three person team to carry a keyboard
upstairs.
Everyone fights for the third person's job, carrying the seat and cords. xD

True, true! Oh my gosh... When we had to sing "Diwa ng Pasko", I'd have liked to call quits... Until I heard some other songs that were even faster! D':
Ohh~? Really~? I just carry mine using the handle thingy and hold it with my other hand so it doesn't go left and right. And I don't bring the seat or the stand. Just the keyboard per say. Most of the time, the venues have their own seats and stands. THAT... Or something makeshift is fine too =3= I'm not a very picky person~
LOL~! All the lazy people~! XD XD
Oh, oh! And I finally got something to dress in! OwO  

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Witchy Nightmare

Lucky Wife

9,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 am
AquaticPisces

Blue Ribbon Committee
I'm joining to help raise awareness of colon cancer!

<3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm
so how is team blue cheese today? ou o  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 am
Good.

Hey, ladies... How about we go and win Team Spirit this year~? >w>"

I'm game! >;3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:33 pm
Ayame-Yuura
AquaticPisces
Ayame-Yuura
AquaticPisces

they're expensive. ;-;

OMG yes! And when they rap, it's
the ultimate tongue twister. x_x
LOL keyboards, I remember we had a three person team to carry a keyboard
upstairs.
Everyone fights for the third person's job, carrying the seat and cords. xD

True, true! Oh my gosh... When we had to sing "Diwa ng Pasko", I'd have liked to call quits... Until I heard some other songs that were even faster! D':
Ohh~? Really~? I just carry mine using the handle thingy and hold it with my other hand so it doesn't go left and right. And I don't bring the seat or the stand. Just the keyboard per say. Most of the time, the venues have their own seats and stands. THAT... Or something makeshift is fine too =3= I'm not a very picky person~
LOL~! All the lazy people~! XD XD
Oh, oh! And I finally got something to dress in! OwO

I know that song! IKR!?! D:
OooH I can see that, I love what your avi's wearing. OwO

AquaticPisces

Fashionable Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Thread Flip 150

AquaticPisces

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Thread Flip 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 pm
Ayame-Yuura
Good.

Hey, ladies... How about we go and win Team Spirit this year~? >w>"

I'm game! >;3

Same here!
LET`S DO THIS! scream

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Kitalpha Hart
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart

Same with my band. xp
so least school year, my band class went on a trip to Boston. She school we preformed at had a really nice band room, and when our bass clarinet suddenly stopped working, they got us another one.
We go out to the aud and went um, ew. Ours is better. The seats sucked, so did the stands and percussion instruments. The bells were held up by RUBBER BANDS, it was so bad. The timphanis were all different makes, and the snare was bad.
It was like their instruments were abused! We still managed to hook 1st in High School class C concert band and High School concert band. Second highest score, beat out by a middle school band. Booyah
Also saw Blue Man Group

some highschool.
Anyway...RUBBER BANDS?!
geez. this year, one of the ropes for the marimba (i think? it's some fancy xylophone) broke, but a kid had one small enough and long enough to replace it. it's doing very well, it's the same style, just camo color instead of white
and at my school, while the chairs and stuff aren't the best (standard metal folding chairs), they're not about to fall apart. and we have a wooden snare drum, and everything's top notch. if not, then damn near~
we had to replace the rope that held up the gong as well this year. at one point the temp rope was a bunch of cloth twisted together X'D
but we have actual clothesline (heavy-duty) holding it up now, with tons extra for when it frays ou o

LOL at least it`s not a piece of cloth that`s holding it up.
What songs is your band doing this year?

AquaticPisces

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Thread Flip 150

AquaticPisces

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Thread Flip 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 pm
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys
Kitalpha Hart

AquaticPisces

You`re welcome!
Same with the weather in Toronto,but it`s starting to stay warm...hopefully.
My school is non-semestered, so, the teachers keep telling us that we have
20 or so classes left. ;-;
I`m almost a senior...<.<

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 pm
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart
AquaticPisces
Kitalpha Hart

Same with my band. xp
Also saw Blue Man Group

some highschool.
Anyway...RUBBER BANDS?!

LOL at least it`s not a piece of cloth that`s holding it up.
What songs is your band doing this year?
we have four concerts in a year, and we just had the 3rd one  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

icabanana

Fashionable Cat

7,925 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm
AquaticPisces

Blue Ribbon Committee
I'm joining to help raise awareness of colon cancer!

Archives [threads from previous years of the event]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff