Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo walked onto the field with the others, listening to the professor. He hoped that he would learn a little bit in this class because he most certainly needed it. He needed to be the best he could be at beater for his team so he could become a force to be reckoned with. So, he would take this time and bask in it. He would make sure to be the best he could be during this time as well. And as soon as the professor presented them with a question, he rose his hand. But he was called upon fourth. "Beaters have to have a keen sense of timing movement, much like how when a seeker goes to catch a snitch and how they time their grab with the snitch's movement, one has to time their swing with the bludger movement, allowing the beater to aim the bludger based on that timing, which is actually hard. If you swing early you will send it one way, and if you swing late, it will send it another," he said to the teacher before silencing himself. He could say so much about the position, mainly because he played it and had been playing it since his first year, but he knew he had to control himself a bit.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon was impressed with the knowledge his third years had on the position of Beater. He never doubted them though. “Excellent explaination on the position, 5 points to each of you.” He told them. That was a grand total of 10 points for Ravenclaw and 5 points for both Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

With: my third year class

OOC: Use the same rules for Quidditch and the same skills they have if they apply. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know.

((Targets AC is 12))

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:37 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

After granting each person's house 5 points, Professor Price said they'd be trying themselves out in the Beater position. She sighed gently; she was tiny and knew she really wasn't all that strong. Who knew how this would work out? Either way, she stood herself up along with the rest of the class and grabbed a bat, already having her broom.

Professor Price explained how to do this; hit the bludger at an angle so it would go towards the targets. Lexine looked over at the targets, then back at the professor. It sure didn't look that hard, but it could be because all the Beaters she'd ever seen knew what they were doing. She took a deep breath before she nodded. She wasn't going to tell herself that this was going to be easy. She learned how hard the Seeker position actually ended up being when she tried out -- each position was hard in it's own ways, therefore she knew that this wasn't going to be a piece of cake.

She lifted herself up in the air and waited for the professor to let the bludgers out. At least she should't get injured, after all Professor Price did say he'd be casting a softening charm on them...either way, Lexine's nerves were jumping. After all, she was lucky that she hadn't gotten hit with a bludger yet -- she knew how often she'd been aimed at while in her first game, but chose to try and ignore it as best as she could. She also knew that if she completely missed the bludger, she'd be whacked with it while playing Beater. She took a deep breath as she watched the bludgers come up. One was coming at her, and so she swung when the time was right.

Position: Beater
                                                AC: 14
                                                Modifiers: + 2 (Hitting the Bludger)
                                                Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                Aiming At: Target
                                                Final Roll: 17
                                                Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤

uniform x ooc :: haha i have no clue if i'm doing this right

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:24 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

The beater listened carefully, hoping that he wouldn't make a complete fool of himself here. If he seriously missed this, the embarrassment would set in extremely quickly. So, he started on the target, waiting for a bludger to fly around to him and he swung at it, extremely nervously. And as soon as he hit it, he knew he had it, and he hit the target extremely hard too, knocking it back about 4 yards, but it instantly reset itself. It was easy for him to hit these targets than the ones at the tryout. They were much bigger, wider, and even better...closer. He wasn't going to be arrogant about it because the one time he was overly confident during the tryout was the one time that he let the bludger slide right past his bat and hit into him. The only time he missed was that. Well...at least he went down swinging...literally.

He was relatively impressed with Lexine over there, who had also hit the target with not as much power, but she did it either way. He could almost say he was proud of her for it and he approached her on his broom, flying next to her. "Look at you, hitting the targets like a seasoned veteran, he said to her, smiling at her. He was happy for her, but secretly, he did hope he hit the next target because he didn't want to be outperformed by anyone in this section of advanced flying. He shouldn't be at least.

AC: 16
Modifiers: +4 (hitting and blocking bludger)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Roll: 17
Final Roll #: 21
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:05 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

When the bat made contact with the bludger, Lexine was extremely surprised and gasped quietly. She watched as the bludger sailed straight for the target and smiled. That was the first time she'd ever hit one, and somehow she was able to hit it, and even make contact with her target! She smiled as the target repaired itself. She was extremely surprised and proud of herself. Sure, it wasn't a hard hit, but for the first time she'd ever done it, as well as accounting for her fear. It was simply something she'd never thought she'd do.

Lexine looked over to Iñigo just as he hit his bludger. He turned to her, apparently having watching her as she smacked the bludger away. She smiled brightly, blushing at Iñigo's praise -- for some reason, it meant a whole lot coming from him. Probably because of him being a beater himself.
                                                "Thanks, Iñigo..." She said, holding her bat in both hands for a moment. "Knowing me, though, it won't last long." She shrugged. Knowing herself, she knew that her luck would only last a little while. Either way, she noticed a bludger coming towards her out of the corner of her eye. She turned and tried her best to hit it, maybe even a bit harder than beforehand.

Final Roll: 7

uniform x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

The boy smiled at her, but then heard her lack of confidence shine. He didn't want her to think like that, because he was the first to realize the hard way that when a person thinks like that, they start missing, which is what happened during one of the games last year. He didn't want to relive that though, but he would keep her in good confidence as long as she was trying. He looked at her as she swung. She had missed. "I actually look at what I am aiming at. Usually I just know what the bludgers path is so I time the path rather than looking down at the ball. I only give it the slightest of glances," he told her, telling her how he did it. Yeah, when doing this and a person misses the bludger, bad things would happen, but people tended to be a little bit more accurate when looking at their target.

He did find another bludger and had a swing at it, waiting for the other kids to join in. He also wanted to smack the target into next weeks...as practice of course. He needed all the practice he could possibly get at this point. So, he had another go at the bludger, hoping that he didn't hit himself. He saw the bludger in and looked at where he wanted to go, and swung for the fences. He winced as it came crashing into his side and he shook his head...realizing that it didn't hurt. Not as much as a regular one did at least. He shook his head and then turned to Lexine. "I have yet to actually hit and miss. I swear I either hit the target, or get hit by the bludger. And there are some flaws in the way I play too so don't play like me," he said to her, laughing, but he really wasn't too worried about anything at the moment. He was relatively carefree, except the fact that he had literally made a fool out of himself in class.

Roll:
Final Roll #:

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:00 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine hit the bludger, but completely missed the target. She shrugged, after all, it didn't last long, just as she'd said. "Well I'm a seeker, Iñigo, not a beater. I don't where the ball is going to go, I just know how to spot something gold and shiny. I'd be scared to not hit the ball, because I'd much rather not get hit...yet..." She laughed slightly. She didn't want to get hit by a bludger, but she'd much rather not get hit quite yet, maybe later...

She watched as Iñigo got hit with a bludger; she almost felt like flying over to him to see if he was okay until she noticed that he seemed to be in no pain whatsoever. She laughed as Iñigo said he always either got hit or hit the target.
                                                "Well aren't you a lucky one?" she joked. "And trust me, I'd never play like you of all people." she joked once again. Lexine gently nudged him before noting a bludger coming her way. She made another attempt to swing at it.

Final Roll: 14

RedEagleEye007

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Advanced Flying : Friday (10:00am to 10:45am)

Jasper was happy to get into playing positions even if the first one happened to be the one he played. He figured this would be a good practice for him so that he'd be better prepared for games and such. The best part is if he missed he wouldn't get hurt unlike a real game. Professor Price was nice like that he guessed.

Jasper had nothing bad to say about the flying professor as he grabbed a bat and got into the air. Seeing Lexine do fairly well it appeared that both her and Iñigo were doing just fine. Well unless you count Iñigo getting hit by missing his swing. Getting ready himself Jasper swung at one of the targets hoping to get a few hits in.

Sadly Jasper didn't get so lucky swinging, hitting, and then ultimately missing his mark. Good news was he hit it thought so that had to amount to something, right? He sure hoped so...

With: Classmates

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: Total Roll: 10
3 or lower = miss, 12 or above = hit
Modifiers: +4 Hit, +4 AC, +2 Other (Exp + Flying)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

"Spongify." Landon said casting the softening spell on each of his students. He didn't want any of them getting hurt because of bludgers. Landon watched his students as they went at it. Floating on his broom he smiled as his students managed to get a few good hits in and a couple misses. Luckily there appeared to be only one over swing that resulted in Iñigo getting hit. Of course with the spell it didn't hurt as much as it should.

"Good work Lexine you sure it's your first time as Beater?" Landon asked her half heartedly. "Nice job Iñigo try looking at the bludger just before it gets to you so you can know how to react." he commented. That was the only part he needed to critic. "Nice swing Jasper, just use a bit more confidence in your swings." he advised. "Well done keep up the good work class."

OOC: You're doing great Arkendrai.
Sorry it took me so long to post guys been a really stressful week.

Use the same rules for Quidditch and the same skills they have if they apply. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know.
Class will switch over Saturday even / Sunday morning.

((Targets AC is 12))

((Outfit in picture))

RedEagleEye007
Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:27 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

Iñigo smiled at her as she talked about not knowing where the bludger was going, but then again, she was doing better than he was at the moment, but he would never say that of course. She had hit another target and a part of him was annoyed by the fact that he was doing badly. Well, he had swung at it once and missed it, but he still didn't like that Lexine had hit more than he had. But he knew that he was the beater and she was the seeker.

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm lucky at all because I'm getting hit too," he said jokingly, laughing. She then nudged him, which he tried to do back but she was already gone. She then hit another target in the meantime, which caused him to sigh. He had to do it then. He had to hit this target. He went for the bludger and went to swing hard. And he got what he wanted. He smacked the target hard and clean.

He then went over to Lexine and pretty much just smiled. No reason really, but just seeing her face seemed to have that effect on him.

Roll: 15
Final Roll #: 19

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine would be lying if she said she wasn't astonished when she hit another target. "I just hit it again...and I didn't miss..." She mumbled at an inaudible level. Never once had Lexine thought she'd actually be able to do it. She smiled and laughed a bit when Professor Landon asked if it was her first time. Taking a deep breath, Lexine looked over to Iñigo who seemed to be a bit miffed. Lexine smiled, waving to get his attention back. "Don't worry, Iñigo, I'm not going to be taking your place as Beater, I prefer Seeker." She reassured him, a smile pasted onto her face as she held back a laugh.

"Well, everyone gets hit every once in a while, don't they?" Lexine said, shrugging. It happened to everyone, didn't it? She watched as Iñigo hit the bludger and smacked the target. Lexine clapped. "Happy now, Mister Grumpy-Pants?" Lexine asked, smiling. She noticed another bludger coming towards them and took the opportunity to swing again.

Final Roll: 19

uniform x ooc :: ahh, thank you murrue ><

RedEagleEye007

murruelecreuset

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:20 pm
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his uniform
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // Advance Flying II
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // Ah, we get to start with the beater position...
spacespac
═════════════════════════════════════════════════
xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Roll Total: 5 (+3 Spotting Snitch // +3 Catching//+1 All Rolls) = 6 (MISS)

Targets hit: 00
AC: 11
LIVES: [O] [O] [O] [O]
spacespac═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space Julius nodded as Professor Landon Price explained the rules of trying the beater position and asked them to aim at various targets. He smiled briefly and took to the air, relieved to hear that the bludgers were going to be softened. He'd much rather avoid getting random bruises or broken bones if he could. He figured not a huge deal, but it wasn't like anyone in their right mind would want to be hurt, right?

Once in the air with a bat he took aim at a target to the left of him using a bludger that was near him.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
                                                          Modifiers: +3 Spotting Snitch//+3 Catching Snitch
                                                          Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

(( OOC: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:21 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targetting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

OOC: ---

Modifiers: Total 6 added to dice roll (+3 Advanced Flying, +3 Experience)

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:49 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine walked onto the pitch, smiling. This time they were going to be learning the role of the seeker, her favourite. When Professor Price asked if anyone had known anything about the seeker, Lexine immediately raised her hand. "The Seeker plays a very important role because the only way to end a game -- well, unless the captains call the game over -- is for the Seeker to grab the Golden Snitch. The team whose Seeker gets the Snitch gets an addition 150 points, which almost always gives that team the win." She said, her voice rather quiet. "That's why there's this kinda...glamour about being a Seeker -- they have the power to end a game, as well as win it for a certain team." She said, shrugging. "Of course, not everyone really knows how hard it is to find the Snitch..." She added rather quietly, her voice almost inaudible.

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out