Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Divided we Fall | O/A | Fantasy/Sci-Fi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:47 pm
Kale Winters
User Image

When the hound is unleashed,

As he turned down the hall towards the training grounds his new student questioned him with a note of agitation. Apparently she was proud and confident enough in herself that the mere idea that she needed to improve offended her. Good. He thought with slight satisfaction. He wouldn't have wanted some weakling that was desperately seeking his help to get better. He didn't falter in his step and kept his swift stride steady as he responded with an emotionless voice. "Problem?" He turned his masked face to look at her as they walked. Her disdain clear, though Kale was enjoying her confusion. She should already know that many things where not as they appeared. He wondered if she could determine the reason for coming to the training grounds without him having to spell it out. It was the only place nearby that was equipped for any sort of combat training, or offered a place where a spar, or rather duel, could take place.

You better watch more than just your back.

Lady Mae Lou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:23 pm
User Image

Her steps didn't falter as he addressed her, her feet keeping in time with his own. However, when he turned to look at her, her face smoothed out and she cocked an eyebrow in suspicion, the rest of her face remaining emotionless. "It will depend..." The wheels started turning in her head after his retort and she went silent once more. It didn't seem like that was his intention... She decided she would just stay alert, prepared for any situation. If she were in his position, there were countless things that she would enjoy doing to someone beneath her. Especially if she had the power to do so without question. Her attitude changed immediately, taking pleasure in the thought of playing games with another, particularly someone that might actually present a challenge. Her regained confidence left her in the calm, cold state that she felt so at home in once again.

A moment later, they were stepping foot on to the vast, well-equipped training grounds. If you looked closely, you could see the depth and dimensions in her eyes shifting in the slightest of ways as her vision adjusted to different distances and light waves. She examined her surroundings thoroughly, searching for anything out of the ordinary or that would work to her advantage in a bind. Her body began to hum in anticipation as she came to a stop behind her new "mentor", watching and waiting.

I--LiveWire--I

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:41 pm
Kale Winters
User Image

He was pleased with how swiftly her face became an emotionless mask. It wasn't a minute later before he could tell her attitude had changed, she was calm and confident in her steps again. She was quite an interesting girl, a wonderful 'student' to have.
As they stepped on to the immense field his bionic eye recorded every object, not too differently from the way Rhega's eyes did. He had been here countless times before, but this place had a way of changing. It was always good to know your surroundings at all times, no matter the situation. He took several strides after Rhega stopped and turned to face her with a ripple of his cloak. He stood there watching her for a long moment before his emotionless voice echoed about the empty training hall. "Let's begin." With no further explanation he flipped out a set of throwing knives. With a flick of his wrist the five blades soared for Rhega, a testing opening move that should be easy to avoid. What would be her counter attack? This would be fun.

Lady Mae Lou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 pm
User Image

Rhega watched as Kale continued walking out further, turning to face her. As she heard the words roll out of his mouth, she immediately flashed a malicious grin, a sound something between a hiss and a snarl escaping her lips. Her muscles tensed, her body naturally falling into an offensive position and her fingers curled as if she had claws, merely out of excitement.

She noted his movements and immediately began to react to the throwing knives soaring her way. Her limber body moved effortlessly through the air, arching her back to avoid one and seamlessly moving into a flip to avoid another. In this process, she positioned herself to catch two of the blades by the handle and turned, throwing one from her side and the other overhead aimed at Kale as a counter move. To avoid the last knife, she crouched to the ground, one leg stretched out to the side and her hands positioned in front of her, her nails digging into the ground. Here she remained, her gaze fixed on the man before her, waiting to see his next move.

I--LiveWire--I

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 pm
Kale Winters
User Image

This girl could move and bend in ways that Kale knew he just wasn't capable of. Impressive, but to be expected from the data that was on file about her. She countered his move with a pair of his own blades, a good move that wasted no resources of her own and didn't require her to approach him in close quarters. He also took note of the sheer malicious thrill that her entire body showed.
Kale remained standing in the same place, his stance practically passive as he easily fended off the return attack with his armored forearm. The blades clinked against his sleek, black armor and fell harmlessly to the ground. Time to step things up a notch. His left hand darted under his cloak to draw out a small laser pistol. Without hesitation, he fired the gun rapidly sending a shower of lasers towards Rhega. Mid-volley his right hand produced an identical weapon that he didn't hesitate to fire off as well. His stance remained the same as if he was a gun turret firing at an intruder. His fire pattern intentionally trying to force her to come in closer.

Lady Mae Lou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 pm
User Image

Rhega saw the blades clink off Kale's armor
and fall harmlessly to the ground. She noted that unless he had bare skin exposed, even the sharpest steel would be difficult to use against him unless enhanced. Her thought process was stopped short as a barrage of laser bullets came her way. Immediately dodged, running to avoid them, her mind working quickly to aid in her survival. A moment later, a second pistol was pulled and she knew the only way to stop him was to take away the advantage of range that afforded him the ability to use the pistols efficiently.

She ran towards him, attempting to flip, jump and bend out of the paths of the bullets as she closed in the distance, but she was grazed by one in the process. You could hear it searing the skin across her ribcage in a sizzle as it passed, causing her to hiss rapidly but it did not throw her off her course.

Rhega reached behind her once she was within a few feet and grasped the handles of the two laser-edged blades that were nestled snugly against her back and pulled them free. Her thumbs pressed against an area of the handle as she pulled them free, which was designed to activate the laser feature and they lit up in a hum. Her first move would be an offensive one to attempt to unarm Kale of his pistols, her body entering a 360 degree spin as her arms carried around and upward towards his torso in a double hit with the blades. She was looking forward to seeing how he stood up in close combat.

I--LiveWire--I

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:10 am
Kale Winters
User Image

Under his mask a light hint of a smile traced his lips, she was able to think clearly and react swiftly enough to effectively dodge his wave of laser bullets. Her intention likely to take away the use of his ranged ability and force him into close combat. Though unknown to her this was exactly what he wanted. He continued his fire as she drew in closer, unaffected by having grazed her. He gave her points for not letting it alter her course as she unleashed a pair of nice laser edged swords. In response to her spinning upwards slash Kale used the guns to block her twin strike. The laser edges sunk into the weapons and they sparked slightly and gave under the relentless laser edge. Kale yielded the now useless guns while shifting his stance for the first time since the 'test' had begun. With three quick steps backwards he slid his left foot back while his right hand pulled a laser sword of his own from his waist. With a press of the button the blade hummed to life just as Rhega's had. he gripped the hilt of the large blade with both hands and brought it down in a simple chopping motion. The long, glowing blade easily covering the distance between them. He liked large, flashy, unnecessarily large and impressive weapons. They were not always effective in battle, but he never gave up the opportunity to use them when he got the chance to.

Lady Mae Lou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 am
User Image

Rhega felt her blades make contact with Kale's pistols and she pulled through, shifting her stance to land in a defensive position. As Kale stepped back, she held her blades at an angle across her body in preparation for his attack.

To her surprise, his weapon was much more extravagant that she imagined. He obviously liked to make an impression, much like she did, albeit through a different approach. Perhaps, in spite of the vast differences between them physically, they were more similar than she imagined. She brought her blades up above her head from their position across her torso in order to catch his sword. When it made contact with her weapons, the amount of force behind his strike was staggering and her knees buckled slightly under the weight. A grimace formed on her face and a low, rumbling growl emanated from her as she attempted to hold it from following through. She knew that she was not the strongest, and wouldn't be able to compete against him in this type of situation. If she could get out of this position and somehow get herself above or behind him, she might gain her advantage back once more.

She felt her strength failing and made a strong effort to break from the hold, letting out a yell as she shoved against his blade with hers with all the force she could muster, allowing her to take a step or two back, which gave enough room between them to let her recover.

I--LiveWire--I

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:01 am
I--LiveWire--I
Kale Winters
User Image

As Kale bared down on her he watched her closely, the way she moved, how she reacted. These were all important things he needed to note. Though she did buckle slightly when catching his sword, he was amazed that she managed to keep his blade from finishing its chop. For someone who's forte wasn't physical strength, she did really well. The force of his attacks often crushed through the defenses of his opponents. He was also pleasantly surprised when she managed to muster up enough strength to push his blade back enough for her to slip out from under it. But this little test wasn't over yet. As she tried to recover Kale swung the sword around as if it was nothing and with couple steps forward he spun and swung at her from the side, using the spinning motion to aide in force the blade would be coming at her. No enemy would wait for their enemy to recover, so in order to see how she would react, he would do the same.

Lady Mae Lou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 am
User Image

Her encounter with him prior, expended all the energy for strength that she possessed. Kale swung his blade around again, she moved quickly and fluidly to bring her two blades up and across her body once more in defense. Her blades did make contact with his, but the force of his blow was too vast and her body too light. She was knocked back hard enough that she was pushed backwards nearly 6 feet, landing flat on her back. In the process, she lost grip on her blades when she tried to lessen the impact of her fall with her hands.

She knew he would continue coming at her without mercy, just as she would have done if she were in his position, so she immediately began reaching for her blades, which were laying on the ground nearby. Her rage was starting to build as Kale was besting her. His strengths were just too different from her own where she knew she would be hard pressed to defeat him in this environment. She would like to take him on in the shadows one day and see how well he faired...

I--LiveWire--I

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 am
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The moment Dr. Lumen's eyes softned Erakai became suspicious. What was he up to now? If he thought that playing nice would get Erakai to play along then he was far from right. Nothing would change his mind. Not but one thing... "I still have... a purpose... One which I will.... resume once I am.... free... I never... said... I.. wanted to.. die.." he said suddenly, a little quietly, looking back to Doctor Lumen for a moment before staring back past him again. Now what was he doing? First admintiing his sanity now this? The lucidity was back for a moment. It was at these times where he could seem almost... kind... As he used to be. Before his father. Still staring at nothing, he spoke up again. "And what do... pray tell..... changed you...? What horrible things.... could you have... possibly... gone through...?" What?!! Oh what in..? He sighed, completely unsure right then. Perhaps this wasn't a lucid moment but rather one of his insane ones and the other times he was sane? Because this made even less sense of him to be doing. What had gotten into him? What kind of powers did this doctor have? Could he whisper too? He was abruptly angry again and his eyes narrowed, turning back to the doctor, the never ending insanity taking hold again. He had no idea what was wrong with him, spurting out nonsense like that. It was incredulous really, stupid of him. If they thought him soft then they would get to him. He had to stop this nonsense before it went too far... But then something else popped out before he couod stop it. "I still have... my purpose... so tell me... Dr. Lumen.... How do I... get free?"

I--LiveWire--I

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:08 pm
Kale Winters
User Image

Her reaction time was quick and she was able to put her blades between her body and his own weapon. However, she wasn't able to hold back the force of his strike and she was sent flying. Her frame was light and it was definitely clear physical strength was not her best point. None the less she was skilled and with a little polishing she could one day pose a threat to him.
As she reached for her fallen swords he moved in, closing the six foot gap in mere seconds. He had one last thing he had to know about this girl. How would she react when faced with an overwhelming opponent that has her on the ropes. He showed no indication that he wasn't going to go for a killing blow as he was suddenly on top of her, thrusting his giant swords for her chest.

Lady Mae Lou

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Von continued to stare at the screen that displayed numbers and letters that were somehow supposed to represent a living being. He sighed, listening to Erakai as he spoke, wondering what he should do now. He himself was so confused on how he should be acting that confusion and suspicion about his sudden outpouring would be expected. Then something equally as unexpected came the questions, through the still heavy breathing of Erakai. He turned back around to meet the red ones. His eyes revealing his honest surprised by his inquires. He was silent for a moment before slowly responding. "To be honest its this war, that has changed me. Being a part of it eats away at me." He paused, what the heck was he doing now, saying things like this to a practical stranger that he had just put through a terrible pain with his own hands. Who was he to try and say this as if he cared how this guy viewed him. This was roaming dangerously into the realm of too far. Then he was thrown another loop. He froze, blinked and then just stared at Erakai for the longest time. Did he really just hear that from the one who had been so uncooperative up to this very strange, highly irregular moment. "Well, I don't know how long my Queen wished to use your services." He paused briefly in thought. "However, if you fulfill assigned missions the down time can be spent in any way you see fi." His words where somewhat cautious as if he was afraid to get hopeful that he might be slightly less of a problem case.

"All is fair in love, war, and science!"

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:57 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sanity gone, Erakai didn't care so much about the doctor anymore. Why he had ever cared enough to ask that question in the first place was beyond him. He didn't do it out of any kind of caring or tries at some kind of sympathetic connection, he convinced himself, it had been.. curiosity? Insanity? One of the two. Most definitely. Whatever it was had passed now in any case and he was back to normal. "And what could.... this war have.. possibly done... to such a high..er.... up like.. like you..? You think.. you pity?" he asked, trying to pull on the collar, but ended up digging deeper into his skin. His eyes darkened as they narrowed then. "I will do... NOTHING.... for your... your queen.... Never..." he swore. His eyes were getting even duller and his breathing a little deeper. He needed blood... wanted it... His eyes just barely went back to the bag of blood before flicking away quickly. He would not drink it. He refused. That stupid scientist had given it to him and he had played some kind of nasty trick on his mind to make him say all of those things.. He simply refused.

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

Lady Mae Lou

Devoted Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image

By the time Rhega had gotten her hands around one blade, Kale had moved in close enough, where she knew she there was no time to truly defend herself. She looked up at him as he aimed his blade for her chest in a killing blow. Would he really follow through? It was fun to think about and she decided to call his bluff. She loved a gamble. And a gamble with life always gave her a rush that was unmatched, whether it was hers or someone else's.

Her eyes lit up, looking wild as she remained completely motionless, laying both her hands on the ground beside her and propping her body up. Her muscles tensed and her heart raced, her otherwise emotionless gaze didn't leave his face the whole time, waiting for the blade to strike true.

I--LiveWire--I

The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces