Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:53 pm
User Image
User Image
Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book
Neverland, I love you so
You are now my home sweet home
Forever a lost boy at last
And for always I will say

User Image

Muggleborn | Second Year Hufflepuff | Twelve Years Old | The Daily Dragon | Language Club
Autumn 2046 The Daily Dragon With: Jonah
Wearing: [x], Glasses Status: "Oh Betty, how I missed you so."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

June was eager to get back to work after her first year, the Summer mostly uneventful back on the farm. As she stepped into The Dragon, stopping briefly to greet one of her more energetic classmates who had just bolted out the door, she was welcomed to the familiar scent of ink, parchment, and freshly baked cookies. There were cookies again! Was this an every year sort of thing?

Jonah seemed to be a little preoccupied, sorting through papers at one of the desks. She had gone to tap him on the shoulder, only to jump in unison when he startled. “Oo! Scaredy-cat, are we?”

“Oh, c’mon, you jumped too!” Jonah huffed. “You scared the he—the heavens out of me.”

Juniper smirked. “You can say hell. It’s not like I’ve never heard a kid curse before. Besides, I only jumped because you did.” The Hufflepuff made quick work of her form and handed it in, plucking a chocolate chip from the batch for herself. “I’ll be at my desk if you need me.” Finding a spot towards the back she had claimed for herself the last school year, she sat her things down and began a thorough examination of her type writer. It wouldn’t do if poor Betty had jammed over the past couple months!

Name: Juniper Sparks
Year: Second
House: Hufflepuff
Any experience: One year in The Daily Dragon
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: One day I'm going to be the editor of my own publication.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Open for Interaction
Username

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy, " they say to me
Away from all of reality

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:47 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFifth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Ves sighed as she got up and went to the Daily Dragon. It was the fifth year of this, and of course just as Jonah was made prefect and she was not, Jonah was made the Editor of the Daily Dragon too. She lingered outside the door for a while, before watching June go in. 'I'm not leadership material. It's okay, it's acceptable. Just support Jonah and his achievements, write some articles, go back to the dorm.' It would be more bearable if Lyra was with her, but the previous year Lyra had gotten her tails in some ink and cause quite a mess, forever banning her from the Daily Dragon room. Ves sighed and pushed the door open, and went to the front and grabbed an application and a cookie, which she shoved in her mouth. She looked up to Jonah, who towered over a foot above her. "I see you bribed Rhea in baking cookies. Or maybe Aidene? I know it wasn't Brook, you wouldn't have any left." She quickly filled out her application, poked Jonah with her annual quill poke (and of course she had just sharpened her quill), then went and sat down writing up her story ideas for the year.

Daily Dragon Application
Name: Vespera Salazar
Year: Fifth
House: Slytherin
Any experience: Four years of writing for the dragon, and numerous other journal writings
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Why not? I've written the past several years, it's a fun experience.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes, though not sure I trust Jonah's judgement
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes of course

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Daily Dragon
With Whom: The writers
Thinking about: Write and get over it. Maybe an article on healers? OWLs? The fact that Jonah is almost as bad as August with his over achievements?
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: Slytherin tank top and probably too short of shorts. #just rolled out of bed
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Club
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Older People
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? News Club meeting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't think I belong here

Eion had only barely managed to find his way up to the newspaper club room when his brain started being dumb again. He froze in his steps and stared at the door, wondering if he was right to come here. The older kids had all told him he'd be right welcome and that they'd help him get better at writing, but if Eme and Sena had tried and failed, he was pretty sure he'd never be good. After a sigh, Eion pushed himself forward. There was only one way to try, right? And if he ended up a total failure, well, what was new? The boy peeked in the room for a second, then stepped in awkwardly. All he hoped was that no one looked at him. He had in an electric green eye he thought looked pretty neat, but even still it wasn't helping him feel better. He slinked over to Jonah, who was apparently the head..... guy. He had applications to fill out, so Eion did that, hoping it wasn't enough to deny him on the spot.....

Name: Eion Delacroix
                                                                Year: Frist
                                                                House: Revenclaw
                                                                Any experience: None
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: my Broter said I shuld try
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: you hav to
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I can try

{{OoC: open for interaction!}}
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:29 pm
User Image
User Image Yukon Knolle User Image
HUfflepuff First Year

▬▬"Potatoes have Skin. I have Skin."▬▬

Yukon walked into the Daily Dragon, having heard about it from some passerbys. There was nothing overly watery, frigid, terrifying, or sickly about a writing paper. It could even be fun he imagined. Maybe he could do art critiquing? He did always like looking at Kenny's art at home. Yukon reached and filled out a form, then saw Eion looking pretty nervous. Yukon smiled at him, "Eion right? I think we met on the way to Hogwarts. Do you write? Or do you do photography?" He held out his hand, although boy he wished he could straight up hug this kid. Hugs were much more affectionate and comforting. "I'm Yukon, by the way. In case you forgot." Yukon looked at the positions, no critique? Maybe an advice person would be great. And of course he couldn't do that until he was older. Just straight up writer then.

Name:Yukon Knolle
Year: First
House: Hufflepuff
Any experience: Nope
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe I can comfort people with my writing? Minimum effort.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Of course!
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes! Time is important to get the perfect results!

▬▬"Therefore, I must be a potato."▬▬

Where & Who: Daily Dragon, with writers and Eion!
Thinking about: Time for the truth potato
Wearing: white painted shirt curtesy of Kenny and tan shorts

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

On his way to recruit Elon for the first Daily Dragon meeting of the year, August realized that he was missing the list of potential articles he’d thought of over the summer. Thankfully he’d told Eion the directions that morning at breakfast— hopefully the boy would be able to find the room himself.

For now, August jogged back for the Slytherin dorms-- after polishing the list last night he’d tucked it away, presumedly in his short story folder instead of journalism folder. After an unfruitful search through his bed and closet area, he searched the place he was working last night in the Common Room and—what in the world? He spotted the folder laying—seemingly untouched—on a table by the large window peering into the deadly depth of the Black Lake—which was decidedly not where August ever worked. A mystery for later. He found the sheet of parchment with the feature ideas, tossed the rest of the folder itself back onto his bed, and raced for the Daily Dragon room.

Usually he wouldn’t have bothered with the list at all if might make him late— he had most of the ideas jotted in random places in his notebook anyways— but this year was going to be a special year. August was fully aware his personal relationship with new Editor-in-Chief Lane was not great. But Lane had proved himself a good editor over the last few years and for the sake of the Dragon, August was hoping they’d maintain a professional relationship. Organized and copied nearly to a sheet of parchment, the story ideas were supposed to be a peace offering— a gesture of continued mutual devotion to the publication. Some of them were probably never going to be written—he was pretty sure his feature pitch about the legal history of Quidditch from last year was going to be politely pushed off indefinitely—but other things maybe: a two-page spread on the history of broom design perhaps? After hearing about Eion’s interest in magical creatures from Sonora, August had also jotted down a few ideas related to magical creatures found around Hogwarts, using the Incident in London as a relevancy excuse.

In any case, August walked into the newspaper room not late, but certainly not the first one there. He confirmed with a glance that Eion had made it, smiled that he was making friends with another newcomer, and waved before snagging a peanut-butter and marshmallow cookie. Delicious. And definitely not Lane's baking. He suspected Rhea was involved, given he knew she could make delicious peanut butter cookies even without tasting them apparently. Cookie and form completed, August set his bag at an empty table, his forms with the other applications and approached Lane with his list of article ideas. ”Good afternoon, Lane. I hope you had a nice summer. Also congratulations on being selected for Quidditch vice captain.” He would ask Lane or Lovette about the rosters later.

”Anyways, just turning in a few article ideas for your consideration— Here’s to another good year.” Good. If there was nothing else, he was going to go catch up with the other returning members. Maybe see what ideas Vespera or Sparks had — and get his annual Daily-Dragon poke over with before Ves could startle him with it.

Article Ideas

• London Magical Creatures Incident — I imagine digests instead of reporting articles. The Daily Prophet is definitely covering it in greater detail, but we could help break down the important bits for younger students who don’t read the Prophet yet.

• [News]A short summary covering the incident itself for anyone who might have been away or out of the loop (First Issue)
    • [News] Investigation details as they come out
    • [Feature] The Statute of Secrecy — what it is, the history of it, and why it’s important. This is covered in first year History of course, but the climate might be an appropriate time to bring it up as a review and go into greater depth for older students.
    • [Feature] A feature highlighting the work of Obliviators and other Ministry people who are working overtime to contain this threat. This would be very pertinent to students unsure of future career plans, or just interesting to highlight Ministry jobs that aren’t usually in high profile.
    • [Photo Spread] In light of this, perhaps a small section featuring different magical creatures, not limited to the ones released in the incident.
    • [Series/ Column?] It is important to distinguish between Beings and Beast here; perhaps a special issue addressing the various magical beings in our midst? Perhaps raise awareness for some of the half-breeds attending Hogwarts and how their schooling may be affected? We should be careful here not to reduce anyone to their halfbreed status

• Brooms — In part tied to Quidditch, in part just because brooms are constantly being improved and worked on. 2047 also marks the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Nimbus Racing Broom Company/

• [Photo Spread] A comparison of broom designs in different parts of the world or for different purposes.
    • [Infographic + Feature?] A history of broom design or broom manufacturing — ancient history is interesting, but modern companies of broom manufacturing have interesting designs as well. A comparison could be interesting, but a historical feature on the 40-year Cleansweep-Comet rivalry or a spread highlighting international innovations in broom design would would provide better context and narrative.

Name: August Li
Year: Fourth
House: Slytherin
Any experience: 3 years writing for the Dragon and writing short stories outside of class.
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I want to continue honing my writing skills and staying up to date on wizarding world happenings.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:Yes

setting Daily Dragon room, first meeting of 2046-2047 year || with Daily Dragon staff
wearing Jacket and jeans +glasses || status What ideas did Ves think of over the summer?

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm
User Image
User Image
If we take a walk out, in the morning dew,
We can lie down, so I'm next to you,
Come inside for a little home made tea,
And if you fall asleep, at least you're next to me,

User Image

Half-BloodRavenclaw PrefectFifth Year BeaterFifteen Years OldEditor of The Daily DragonDueling Club

» Autumn 2046 » The Daily Dragon » With: Formerly Rhea, awaiting staff/applicants
» Wearing: Blue Sweater over White Button-up, Jeans, Glasses. » Status: Editor Struggles

“Hey, August,” Jonah greeted as he took his application and glanced it over. Short stories? Come to think of it, he was sure Rhea had mentioned something about that before. He’d have to ask to see some of them later. “It was fine I guess. Nothing of note, anyway. Took Rhea to some Quidditch games. Yours?” He gave a smile at the congratulations and a small “Thanks”. Jonah really wasn’t sure what to think of the position still, but he hoped he would be able to make his team proud at the very least.

Jonah took the articles from him, skimming through them briefly while August was still with him. Honestly it was all very impressive. ‘It’d be a crime not to ask at this point…’ As the younger boy was about to step away, Jonah spoke up. “Wait—I, uh, wanted to ask you….” He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Man, why was this bugging him so much? It wasn’t like August was going to say no, except… Well, he could, and Jonah hadn’t thought of a backup, so that would be pretty unfortunate. “Would you wanna be my managing editor? You can say no, obviously, but like… I’ve been thinking on this since last year, and I really can’t think of anyone that would be better suited for it.” There was Ves, actually. He wished he could, but then who was going to take over the club? Oh, the woes of your besties being in the same year. In any case he certainly wasn’t going to bring that up. “What do you say?”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
It only took a hundred yeaaaars I'm sorry orz
Addaellis

Quote:

And if I wake up, say it's late love, go back to sleep,
I'm covered by nature, and I'm safe now,
Underneath this oak tree, with you beside me.

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't think I belong here

Eion looked over in surprise when someone said his name. It was the blonde kid he'd met on the way in to the school, quickly confirmed by the kid himself. He was then asked what he was going to be doing, and Eion looked down at his feet while a blush touched his cheeks. "Oh, um... Writin', I guess. I've never done pictures before and my eye... um... eyes aren't so good. But I'm not a good writer, neither. So maybe nothing?" He glanced up at the blonde once more, secretly surprised he hadn't just wandered away. He reintroduced himself, and Eion was grateful. That first day had been terribly stressful, and he hadn't remembered anyone's name. "Thanks for remindin' me. I did forget... but um, only 'cause the first day was crazy, y'know." The dark haired boy shuffled nervously, secretly wishing he'd worn his lucky purple eyeball instead.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff First Year

Yukon smiled at Eion, it seemed the boy was nervous about writing or doing pictures. Yukon nodded to him when he had the remembrance of his name, “It’s all good. You just reminded me of my little brother back home, with your vision that is. He’s basically blind, I think he’s using some sort of magic to be able to see.” He shrugged, and decided to address Eion’s nervousness about writing, “I’m sure you can tell stories right? And you can see what’s around you? That’s all you need to do a good job here I think. When you see or hear anything happening, you should find me, we can work on articles together. At least, until we’re both more experienced at this whole paper thing. How’s that sound to you?” It would be nice to have a partner with the Dragon, and even better if the two could rely on each other. Yukon didn’t want to end up alone during the year, and maybe Eion would be a good person to start with making more friends.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:50 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Ves sighed as she had spoken to Jonah, and was ignored once August walked in. This is what she gets for trying to go back and treat everything like normal, ignored. Oh well, maybe she needed to go and poke Jonah again with her quill. She began to sharpen her quill again, to go in for the second poke of the season. She then saw the August had his notebook of ideas. That was unfortunate he had found that, she thought she had hidden it good and proper this time. She began making a note in her notebook about places that would be a better place to hide August’s things. Only to hear that Jonah was making August his editor helper. She frowned, well August was the obvious choice, he would be able to take the Dragon once Jonah left. Of course her and Jonah couldn’t run it together... she put away her quill and pulled out only her pencil, and began making journal entries for her future articles to write.

2046 ideas

How to heal the common injury
The emotion of heartbreak, when they’re only a friend.
The secrets of the fourth floor corridor (Are there any?)
The history of the Daily Dragon, past, present, and future editors in chief
How to write a proper letter, and appropriate response times

Ves looked at her list and nodded to herself, yes this would be a good little bit of writing for her, and some research projects too. She began writing a brief synopsis of each of her ideas, then threw the paper at Jonah’s face. “Does this sound good for articles for the year, maybe just the first half of the year, not sure how long it’ll take.”

Thinking about: Jonah is a butt face, ignoring me like that.
Wearing: Slytherin tank top and probably too short of shorts. #just rolled out of bed

trickblues

_____

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We can do this!

Eion blinked in a moment when Yukon said he reminded him of his brother. Apparently they both had bad eyes? Ha! If only he knew. But a more pressing question set about on Eion's mind. "You can tell my eyes aren't so good? Usually people can guess, but not so fast." He blushed a bit, shuffling uncomfortably. If Yukon discovered his vision issues, how long would it be before someone discovered his eye? Maybe he'd lay low and use just his normal one for a while? But.... that was boring! And Eme said he shouldn't change just to fit in...

When Yukon mentioned they'd practice, then team up, the darker haired boy lit up a bit. "We can be partners? You really wanna? 'Cause sometimes people don't wanna work with me...." He paused, glancing around the room. How many people had told him he was a good person, now? Lots! "But I'll work extra hard. 'Cause it's somethin' I wanna be good at! And also.... well, I'm sure we can do it. Maybe better than the old kids!" He issued a nervous grin, but was happy to coast on this burst of confidence.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:15 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff First Year

Yukon laid his hand on Eion's shoulder, "it's not that obvious Eion. If I wasn't around Kenny all the time, I would have just taken you as a bit of klutz. Even I stumbled when I got off those boats. Ugh, if we could have stayed on solid ground to get here I would have been so much happier." He nodded to Eion, why wouldn't Yukon want to be partners with Eion? Eion probably saw things much differently then everyone else did, and that would make for some great articles. He grinned at Yukon's enthusiasm, "You bet we can do better than the older kids. We aren't worn out as much as they are, they're probably getting dull from all the work they've done. I think we'll be the shining stars of the Dragon." They would be right? They had a nice duo going on already, they would find plenty of things to write about that the upper years would look past, and the two of them would do great things for the dragon. and if not, they sure would have fun.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:21 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

”Nothing much either, thank you,” August replied to the summer pleasantries. August had spent the entire summer studying or tutoring, but he had stayed more in the wizarding world this summer, and had gone to see a Quidditch match—his first professional match! He had been listening to the commentary, trying to pick up announcing tips the entire time.—and now vaguely wondered if his little little mermaid princess announcing partner had also been there. But that would be a question for Miss Rhea herself later.

August kept his suspicions off his face when Lane offered the Managing Editor position to him. Part of him, of course, was downright giddy. Hell yes he wanted to be Managing Editor for the Daily Dragon. But despite his best attempts to mask his disdain for Lane under a guise of strict professionalism, it seemed Lane had caught on little anyways. So for that boy to offer the position to him anyways, despite everything between them? Lane mentioned he’d been thinking on it since last year and while their relationship certainly didn’t really start becoming strained until last year, August certainly hadn’t anticipated Lane to make such a masochist move. That is, unless this was all an elaborate trap to lure August into a sense of security? He’d just have to extra vigilant.

“I’d be honored,” he replied finally, showing a smile. “Thank you for considering me.”

August adjusted his glasses a little, partially to hide his excitement, and then did his best to at least appear more relaxed. “I’ll do my best.”

——

In any case, after making sure Lane didn’t need anything else from him right then, August went around catching up with the returning staff. (He even gave Vespera a light poke in return for his “annual Daily Dragon poke”.) Finally, he interrupted the incoming first years. At what seemed like a good break in the conversation, he inserted himself with a small grin: ”Eion, good to see you’re making friends already. Did I hear this was the Dragon’s Rising Star Duo?”

setting Daily Dragon room, first meeting of 2046-2047 year || with Daily Dragon staff
wearing Jacket and jeans +glasses || status Managing Editor! :O

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon and Augs
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We can do this!

Eion tilted his head slightly, listening as Yukon explained why he'd pointed it out so fast. He even set a hand on his shoulder, which honestly made Eion a bit nervous. He gently scooted back to remove the hand from his shoulder, then crossed his arms around his belly. He did, however, chuckle at the dislike of the boats. "I was 'fraid for a bit we were gonna just... plop into the water. Never be found again." He grinned, grateful they hadn't plummeted to the depths of the ominous lake. He perked back up when Yukon reassured him that they'd do great. He even called them Shining Stars, which was really fun. It was nice to be included in something so cool. Just as he was about to reply, another voice spoke up, this one calling his name. After a second, he looked quizzically over at August. He mentioned making friends, which took a moment to register. He was making a friend, wasn't he? And all by himself, too! When the older teen mentioned their duo, Eion blushed, but nodded. "For sure, Augs! We're gonna team up. And he's a writer, and I'm gonna try.... but if I'm not real good, then I'll try takin' pictures. I might be good at that." He nodded, for once feeling confident enough to break out of his shell.... just a teensy bit.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:01 pm
User Image
User Image
If we take a walk out, in the morning dew,
We can lie down, so I'm next to you,
Come inside for a little home made tea,
And if you fall asleep, at least you're next to me,

User Image

Half-BloodRavenclaw PrefectFifth Year BeaterFifteen Years OldEditor of The Daily DragonDueling Club

» Autumn 2046 » The Daily Dragon » With: Vespera, Dragon Staff
» Wearing: Blue Sweater over White Button-up, Jeans, Glasses. » Status:"Are PJ's allowed? Who decides that? Can I decide that? Can I wear PJ's to write too?"

“Great! Glad to hear it.” Thank Merlin that was out of the way. As August made his way to the younger students, Jonah gave a friendly wave to Eion and Yukon. He hadn’t expected Eion to show up after their conversation at the sorting feast, so it had been somewhat of a relief to see him not only signing up, but socializing with some other students.

A wad of paper collided with his head and Jonah knew just where to look, shooting the girl a non-threatening glare and a smirk as he caught the paper in his hand.

“I get it, I know, I’m sorry!” Jonah made his way over to Vespera and pulled up a seat beside her, apologizing as he did. “Nice PJ’s, by the way. Have to say I liked the Llama ones way better though.” He hadn’t meant to ignore her, really! If anything he’d been waiting to talk to her, but he’d just been nervous and distracted once his new second-in-command stepped in. He sighed, setting the documents down in front of him and muttering under his breath. “I wish it could've been you instead.” Certainly would have been more fun in any case. Sitting properly in his seat, he began unfolding the paper back to its natural, wrinkly state. “It was Rhea who made them. Sorry again. I… I really didn’t mean to ignore you. My head’s a little out of it today, I guess.”

As he glanced over her article ideas he wondered just how he would fit them in over the year. What secrets did the fourth floor corridor hold? Excellent question. There was bound to be something there. Healing injuries he wasn’t so sure about. After all, there was a class specifically for this, but then again a written review couldn’t hurt… Something to consult August about. The history of the newspaper seemed like a good pitch, and he was sure there was plenty of material in the archives to reference. It seemed like a decent start for the year’s first issue. Then there was the article about letters which seemed all around good given how often they were used in wizarding society, though he had a feeling that one was a jab at his brother. As far as he knew Rion and Ves had stopped writing and talking altogether after the Magizoology Festival the year before, but he still hadn’t managed to get a proper answer from either of them as to why. All he really knew was that Ves had kept quiet about it and Rion tended to get angry when the topic of Vespera Salazar was brought up around him anymore.

The one about heartbreak left him raising a brow. ‘That seems personal…’ Those two stories couldn’t possibly be related, could they? He looked up to Ves as he lay the paper down, trying to keep a neutral face as he pondered how to approach this. Of course, as the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, he was sure he was still radiating concern from his very being. “So, uh… Is there something you wanna talk about with number two here, or…?” Jonah didn’t want to pry. He knew over the last year he and Ves had simultaneously become dreadful with avoiding these types of topics given Sonora’s frustration with them both, and he wanted to respect her space, but this seemed like something a best friend should know about. What if it wasn’t Rion? He’d have to duel someone, there was no way he was about to let some tosser get away with hurting his Starlight. Besides, if she was serious about the article, she’d have to explain to give a better pitch, right?

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Quote:

And if I wake up, say it's late love, go back to sleep,
I'm covered by nature, and I'm safe now,
Underneath this oak tree, with you beside me.

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Ves stuck her tongue out at Jonah, shek new it couldn’t be her. At least Jonah was talking to her, she was talking to Jonah? They were talking, this was a good start. “Number 2. The emotion of Heartbreak, when they’re only a friend. Well, how many times have you had a friend, and you maybe liked them as more than a friend? No. Not even that, what if they were your BEST friend. Then suddenly, over a year you grow apart. They have their relationships, you have yours. When they’re your best friend ever, your first true wizard friend it’s basically the same as heart break. Then, once you reconcile the loss of your previously very close friendship, you have to keep moving on. Maybe they’ll stay in your life, oh gosh I hope you stay in my life, but that friendship is never the same after that point.” Ves spewed all of this out, fairly quickly. It was all geared toward her relationship with Jonah, they had barely spoken since the end of their third year. She hadn’t even done their annual sleepover at Jonah’s that summer, or during their fourth year summer. It was a sad time, not to be able to show up at two in the morning, to talk with her insomniac best friend. This article couldn’t just be about her though, could it? She needed to branch it to where any reader could relate to it.

“I figure, Jonah, that many people have gone through the loss of a really close friend, and they have to watch that friend become better friends than they originally were. Maybe if readers read that, it wouldn’t hurt so much. They would know that it’s not just them going through the heartbreak of losing a friend. It’s a mutual thing. Can I write the article Jonah? I won’t mention any names when I write the article, for friends lost, and friends they’ve gained. I’ll keep it strictly professional.” She nodded to herself, having said this statement much slower than the previous one. Yes, this was a good pitch she thought. Better than the mumble jumble of before. She looked up at Jonah, and waited for his approval. Or, maybe he would have to consult with August the new co-host of the Dragon. She would make the article either way, it would be in their hands to publish it.
the first half of the year, not sure how long it’ll take.”

Thinking about: What one has a passion about, sometimes comes from a deep hurt

trickblues

_____

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out