Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Northern Lights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am
User Image User Image User Image
Mathis Mathews

Mathis did not answer any of the things she had said, including her question about why he had come back to Providence. Instead he continued to pace back and forth without paying Lexi any attention. He was acting as if she did not exist and was not probing him with questions. He had told her before that he came back because he decided Providence was right but that had been a lie. He had told himself that he was going back to Providence because they had the resources he needed to kill Snow. That was also a lie. He knew well now why he had come back but it was not something he had interest in exploring. Not while they were in the middle of Dominion land likely waiting to die. He would never again utter the word she wanted to hear. Not because he did not feel it, but because it would lead to nothing. Mathis did not have time in his life for what Lexi wanted. Not anymore. Revenge had consumed him. Yet his love for her tried to grow like a weed in his heart even after his mind was defiled.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

She watched Mathis pace back and forth for several minutes. Lexi was positive she was on the right track, but less sure of what to do with that information. Then again, when it came to Mathis these days she was rarely sure what to do. It hurt her to see him like this, always so angry and out of control. Was it a mistake to renege on her mission to kill him? His words about being altered by a telepath and losing who you were still rang in her mind. A fate worse than death. Yet she had been too weak to do it and when he came back she gave up the pretense of trying. Was it better to try to heal him like she had Lana? Even if Mathis would never talk to her again, maybe he would at least be able to find happiness. She always knew the right choice, or at least thought she did, but when it came to Mathis she found herself paralyzed by indecisiveness. She sighed softly. “I know you have a lot going on Mathis, but I am here for you.” Even if she felt totally useless in helping him in any meaningful way, she hoped it might provide some small comfort him to know he wasn't on his own. It was difficult to say since most of his energy was going into ignoring her presence.

After about another minute she decided to do something more useful than watch Mathis pace, so she closed her eyes. Lexi was getting better at the astral projection thing, but it still took about thirty second to achieve it. It was always a strange sort of sensation. And something she had kept to herself. She gave one last glance to Mathis, before going to check out back by floating through the wall in her intangible form. If it was all clear she would go check out front.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:03 pm
Mr. Black

Only when she moved to look in the front would Lexi be made aware of the fact that Mr. Black had arrived... and he had a friend with him. Almost immediately upon seeing Mr. Black and his friend Lexi would find herself suddenly transported to a cafe with Mr. Black sitting across from her. Her favorite drink sat before her and a small baked good. "I'm sorry about this. It isn't what I would have preferred but it is the easiest way." Mr. Black lamented as he sipped on the coffee in his hand. He was sitting back in his chair with one leg crossed over the other. The scene around them was a familiar one but not a peaceful one. They were sitting in the middle of the Battle of New York. The first time Providence tried to stand against the Dominion and arguably the reason Mathis became what he did. "I am going to reset Mathis's mind to this point. He will retain the knowledge of what he has done since but none of the motives. My hope is that it will prevent the path towards your mutual destruction that this Mathis has put you on."

In the real world Mr. Black had charged the door and tranquilized both Mathis and Lexi. He had hit Lexi first because she was a larger threat and then he had a brief hand to hand fight with Mathis before subduing the man. The telepath he brought with them set about linking Mr. Black and Lexi's minds so that they could have the chat they were having. He would wait for Mr. Black's reply before going to work on Mathis.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Name: Jason Wolfe

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi glanced around at her surroundings before her gaze fell on Mr. Black, her expression carefully guarded against revealing what it was she was feeling. It didn't take long for her to figure out what had happened, and the why of it came shortly after. “You knew I would stop you if given the chance, so this conversation isn't to ask my permission.” It was a statement, not a question. He already knew how this conversation was going to play out, but she did not, so play it out they must. “I've spoken to telepaths. There is no resetting him, only rewriting him in the same way Clarity did. You would be no better than Snow and creating someone only similar to who he was then.” Behind her confident words and unwavering gaze, there was a voice in the back of her mind asking if that would really be so bad. All she knew with certainty was it was something Mathis would never want. “Destruction comes in many forms. What future did you see?” The telepath was likely combing through her memories as they spoke to pull what memories he could of who Mathis used to be. An unpleasant thought.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 am
Mr. Black

"You are correct. On all counts." Mr. Black began as he uncrossed his legs and sat forward. "I can't reset his mind but I can rewrite it so that is what I am going to do. With my help my associate will be able to create a Mathis who is almost identical to the one you lost." Mr. Black paused again so that Lexi could process what he meant. It was known that Mr. Black had never been wrong but his powers were a fuzzy topic. It was often hard for many people to understand. Eventually Mr. Black addressed her question about the incoming destruction. "Concussion is coming for you. He will be here soon. The twenty four hours I promised became one when I arrived. If Mathis isn't changed he will not run and you won't either. Both of you will be killed."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Silence followed. Lexi looked at Mr. Black with that unwavering gaze. He hadn't argued with her. Tried to convince her it was somehow different than what Snow had done. He had told her she was right, but he was going to do it anyway. Strangely it was that moment that won her over, as much as was possible anyway. “It's certainly not hard to imagine this Mathis would be unwilling to lose a second chance at Concussion, and I certainly wouldn't abandon him.” She looked down to the table and reached forward to pick up the cup. A sip revealed it to be an English breakfast tea latte, made to perfection. “You've put a lot of effort into trying to put me at ease. I will forgive you. I doubt Mathis will.” Unless of course he made Mathis forgive him. It was the closest Lexi could come to showing any kind of appreciation for Black's efforts without betraying Mathis. Hopefully he would understand the sentiment.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 am
Mr. Black

"Even after my work... Mathis will fight. But at least he will eventually run. I don't need him to forgive me, I just need him to survive." A moment after saying that Lexi would wake up laying on the bed of the motel room. Mathis was not beside her. Mr Black stood by the window looking out at the parking lot and the two people standing in it. Mathis was speaking with the telepath outside and whatever they were talking about Mathis had not wanted the others to hear. "I am sorry that I kept you under until it was done. The process took several hours and I did not want you to have to wait. The length of the process is the reason the Dominion has had time to find us. Mathis is outside. You should go see him."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

What Mr. Black said was certainly ominous, but Lexi didn't have time to respond. Gone was the cafe, her drink and the images of the Battle of New York. Her eyes flickered open to a strange ceiling and it took a moment to reorient herself. Someone had carried her over to the bed since she had been sitting on the couch when Black showed up. She assumed it had been Black who had moved her, which was sort of a strange mental image. As she sat up Black started speaking. “I am glad you did.” She commented as she stood. Once the process had been started, Lexi would have been unlikely to intervene for fear of messing up Mathis more than he already was. She would have spent the time agonizing over what was being done however. His statement did imply he had spoken to her first, though the way she had woken up made it seem like the process had been completed before he had spoken to her.

She crossed the room to the door, but paused before opening it. “I have more questions for you.” Questions she would need to ask later, for they did not have time now. Really she was just stalling, fearful of what she would find on the other side of the door. She could feel her heart in her throat as she reached for the door with a trembling hand. She felt like she might throw up as she pulled the door open and crossed the threshold out into the parking lot. The colours were right, she thought as she approached the two men speaking, yet something was still wrong. The spider web of cracks, like a net of black corruption seeping into Mathis's mind was there. The same as when she first saw him again after The Dominion. It was tempting to reach out with her powers to try to fill those cracks, but she didn't. “How do you feel?” She asked cautiously instead.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Mathis Mathews

When Lexi drew closer to Mathis and the telepath she would overhear their conversation. The telepath was telling Mathis something about issues he would have moving forward but before Lexi could hear exactly what they were talking about the two noticed her presence and turned to face her. She spoke to Mathis and the telepath took that as a signal to leave. He went back to the room that Mr. Black was now standing outside of an briefly spoke to Mr. Black before leaving. Black had promised that the telepath would not have to fight, so he was letting the man go. Concussion would be there soon.

"I am well." Mathis responded in a monotone Lexi had not heard for a long time. His body was physically more stiff than it had been before the telepath but about as stiff as it was at the Battle of New York. He stood straighter, less relaxed and comfortable. Lexi, if she really remembered what Mathis had been like, would notice that he was hiding feelings. He wasn't saying the things he was thinking like he had since the Dominion took him. Instead he kept his opinions to himself. "How are you?"

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“I'm not certain yet.” Lexi answered honestly. There was a sort of cautious optimism bubbling up. So much had happened with Mathis she didn't want to let herself get too excited, yet she found it somewhat uncontrollable. There was an overwhelming urge to kiss him. Would he respond as he once had? Did he think of their former relationship as she had, or did he still just think of her has a job? Of course if this was really her Mathis he'd likely be upset with her for trying to kiss him in the middle of the parking lot with Black standing not too far away regardless of his current feelings for her. There were more questions she held, not just in regards to their relationship. It seemed at least he was aware of the telepaths involvement this time, and there was the bit of conversation she had caught about possible issues. “I think we have a lot to talk about, but first we need to deal with Concussion. Mr. Black said he will be here soon. We should leave this place.” Though based on what Black had already told her, Mathis was going to fight her on that point.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis gave an understanding nod when Lexi said that she wasn't certain how she felt yet. He understood that more than anyone could. His mind had been restored and with it, his old personality, but now he knew the process through which it had been done and it left him feeling incomplete. He didn't feel that his thoughts were the result of years of experience, he felt that they were the result of someone tampering with his head. Still it was nice not to feel so much hate and anger so Mathis regarded the procedure as a success. "I disagree." Mathis said flatly to confirm Lexi's fear that he would not be willing to leave. "We came here to kill Concussion and now he is coming to us. Lexi this is an opportunity we can not miss, a chance to fix the damage we may have caused when we took his arm. We made him angry, if we don't kill him here he will hurt innocent people. I won't allow that again."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Strangely Lexi gave a bit of a smile at Mathis's response. “Alright Mathis.” She conceded without offering further argument. Black told her he would survive if he was changed before Concussion got there. If only she considered how big of a loophole that really was, but she was so distracted by everything else happening at the moment that she hadn't given the statement much thought. Lexi was enamoured by the return of his drive to protect others, replacing the revenge he had been after only hours before. It was what drove Lexi, so hardly a sentiment she could argue with. But there were still her fears and guilt about how they had reached this point. She nodded her head towards Black standing by the motel. “We should speak to him about how to handle Concussion. None of our powers will be able to defeat him head on.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am
Mathis Mathews

Black's eyes would widen suddenly as soon as Lexi nodded towards him. He opened his mouth to shout something to the duo but before he could the sound the broke the air signaled he was too late. A gunshot rippled through the air and the three stood for a moment in silence before the target of the gunshot became clear. Mathis looked down at the floor and saw a bullet hole. Mr. Black had saved him because he saw the gun before the shot was fired and increased the odds that the shot would miss. Mathis sprung to action from that point. He threw his hands out towards the ground and a stream of ice shot from his hands. It looked almost like it's liquid sibling when it left Mathis's hands but upon hitting the ground it shot up into a protective wall. Still, it was a wall of ice and would only hold so long. "Get back to the room." Mathis said calmly as he began walking backwards towards the very building. Mr. Black was holding the door open and gesturing for them to follow but he was honestly more focused on keeping the two safe from gunfire with his powers to really track any of their movement. If Lexi ran for the door she would reach it before Mathis.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Most people would have been annoyed or frustrated with Mathis and his apparent lack of care for the danger they were in by his tone of voice and calm walk towards the motel room. Lexi found comfort in it. Mathis gave them a wall and Lexi gave them a roof to protect them from further gun fire. It wasn't very big as fighting in the war had taught her to fight smarter, not harder. More like an awning off a building. There was something about the way Black's power worked that just didn't feel very secure and reliable. Maybe it was because it was intangible. Then with a small nod she lightly jogged towards Black and motel. “Plan?”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:39 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mr. Black would not have a moment to answer Lexi's question as the ground beneath them began to tremble. Mathis picked up pace but was too late to reach Lexi. A wall of stone shot up between the two of them. He had moved too slowly and the gap that grew between them became their enemy. Lexi would be able to identify Mathis's aura, but she would also see Concussion's. A sudden blast of energy hit Mathis in the back of his right shoulder blade. It burned through his suit, searing his skin and throwing him into the stone wall. What happened next happened too quickly for anyone to react.

"No escape." Concussion grumbled as he raised his left arm towards Mathis, who was now beginning to rise off the ground. Concussion's right arm had not been regenerated yet but the wound had been mended. The stump was not hidden in the slightest. It was the source of Concussion's rage and remembering that generally helped him get what he wanted. Mathis turned and threw up his right arm, conjuring and blasting a beam of frost from his hand. Concussion fired back with a beam of kinetic energy and when it collided with the frost it rebounded for a moment. Only a moment. In the next moment the error Mathis had made would become all to clear and Concussion would have his revenge. Eye for an eye... well... arm for an arm. But when you went looking for revenge it was best to dig two graves. No one would come out on top. Concussion's beam of energy ripped through Mathis's frost and engulfed his arm. The raw force burned away flesh far faster than Mathis was able to react to. It burned up to just under Mathis's elbow before he ripped his arm from the path of the beam. The beam then hit the stone wall, shattering it so that Lexi and Mr. Black could see. Lexi would have been able to watch it all through the auras and she would see Mathis's arm. The flesh at his elbow was seared and below that all that remained was a lot of charred bone. Mathis seemed to be in extraordinary pain. He had grabbed right above his elbow with his left hand and was clearly trying to stifle his own screams. His back was turned to Concussion who remained on the march to murder Mathis. If Lexi was listening she would notice a searing noise and if she was observant she would see the frost beginning to spread over Mathis's wound. He appeared to be in the process of trying to heal himself but had forgotten Concussion was coming. Lexi may have wanted to help but the Dominion forces were moving in on them and had begun taking rapid fire at Mr. Black and herself. He could only stop so many shots and so her aid was required. Then again it seemed Mathis needed her aid as well. Concussion lumbered over to Mathis who had just finished the task his calculated mind had been working on and he grabbed a handful of Mathis's hair. He intended to pull back on it but before he could Mathis spun around and drove his right arm forward, through Concussion's abdomen... well the side of it. He was in severe pain and it had thrown off his aim. The frost he had run over his arm had not been placed there with the intention to heal, it had been the first step in creating a weapon. Mathis had quickly encased his blackened bones in ice to form a new hand. It looked both grotesque and artful but before it could be appreciated the hand had sharpened into a spike and Mathis had driven it through Concussion who seemed both pissed and shocked that Mathis had hurt him so greatly again. Mathis had no smart remark or snarky comment. Pain had robbed him of wit. Concussion stumbled back for a moment in pain. He didn't know whether to apply pressure to his wound or to try and strangle Mathis who had now fallen limp on the floor. Lexi was faced with the choice of trying to fight and finish off Concussion or to save the unconscious Mathis who would certainly be shot if Lexi went after Concussion.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost | Quirk: Right Hand is Made of Ice

Deadly_Tiger

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas