Unsure
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:51 pm
akwila
ceilisidhe
...spirit is closest to me, though I revel in every element's diversity. I weave rather than cast, flowing dance being most common though not neccessary.
spooky, i weake magick too...i mean most of my spells or chants or what ever al most never say 'make magick' or 'cast magick' i always change it to 'weave'

smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:29 pm
ceilisidhe
akwila
ceilisidhe
...spirit is closest to me, though I revel in every element's diversity. I weave rather than cast, flowing dance being most common though not neccessary.
spooky, i weake magick too...i mean most of my spells or chants or what ever al most never say 'make magick' or 'cast magick' i always change it to 'weave'

smile
redface i cant sppel redface  

Akwila

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:33 am
Meh, I havent done enough rituals or spells to know for sure my preffered way of casting. I do know that I have leanings to high magick rituals. Those work on a completely sifferent principle than witchcraft. They're STRONG  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:38 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Meh, I havent done enough rituals or spells to know for sure my preffered way of casting. I do know that I have leanings to high magick rituals. Those work on a completely sifferent principle than witchcraft. They're STRONG
all magick is strong, nothing trumps anything else. all magick is driven by desire, all humans have desire  

Akwila

Rakei

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:59 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Meh, I havent done enough rituals or spells to know for sure my preffered way of casting. I do know that I have leanings to high magick rituals. Those work on a completely different principle than witchcraft. They're STRONG

You can use several types of energy in magic, but you can also instead work with ligh.
Important to note that when you use high energy (light) that you don't get blinded by the light.
Darkness is dangerous but blinding light is even more so.
Low energy destroys and have quick effect, while High energy is life giving and works slowly toward what you want.
Low energy is what we mostly call spells quick and short lived, high magic is light/high energy and can be done by rituals or "simple" manipulation.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:30 pm
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph
Meh, I havent done enough rituals or spells to know for sure my preffered way of casting. I do know that I have leanings to high magick rituals. Those work on a completely different principle than witchcraft. They're STRONG

You can use several types of energy in magic, but you can also instead work with ligh.
Important to note that when you use high energy (light) that you don't get blinded by the light.
Darkness is dangerous but blinding light is even more so.
Low energy destroys and have quick effect, while High energy is life giving and works slowly toward what you want.
Low energy is what we mostly call spells quick and short lived, high magic is light/high energy and can be done by rituals or "simple" manipulation.

It all depends on the way you view magick. I find intuitive weaving to be easier, longer lasting and more powerful than complex ritual and accoutrements. I've woven a semi-sentient ...protective essence, if you will, which has endured for 9 years now, that enfolds my entire home by simply "dancing" from room to room. Similarly, imbueing an object with energies takes mere moments instead of minutes, but that's my experience. Whatever speaks most strongly to you will work best no matter what the factors. Some believe tools to be a crutch, others that they better direct and shape. Either way they're both right when you think about it.  

ceilisidhe

Akwila

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:48 am
O.o; whats all this talk of dark, light magick. why confuse your self with all that when you can just think of magick (as i put it before) as desire, its what you intend with that desire which makes it black or white. simple, no?  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:28 am
akwila
O.o; whats all this talk of dark, light magick. why confuse your self with all that when you can just think of magick (as i put it before) as desire, its what you intend with that desire which makes it black or white. simple, no?

Very.  

ceilisidhe

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:14 pm
akwila
Nihilistic Seraph
all magick is strong, nothing trumps anything else. all magick is driven by desire, all humans have desire
I don't know, I think that high magick operates on different principles. You really son't have to be very skilled to do a ritual. Instead of drawing more on your own energy, or divine energy you draw up, it uses names/divine names of power. Just as an example, I wrote up a Wiccan based purification rit. I performed it in the messed up forest near my house. The effect was so-so. I then did the high magick ritual that I allready knew, and it was about 10 times more effective  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:17 pm
I'm not really any one element, any of them are good for me. Earth seems to draw me the most though, but I do believe I don't have just one single element.  

Sita87

Akwila

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:02 pm
Sita87
I'm not really any one element, any of them are good for me. Earth seems to draw me the most though, but I do believe I don't have just one single element.
we all have the 4 elemnts in us, its just one is just more predominant, or we have a stringer tie to  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:19 pm
Well, the amount of elements in us depends on what magical system you're basing it on...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Iyasis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:31 pm
i feel atuned to earth, but my dominant element is definatly fire. ive always shared a special connection with it. also, i count it as my element because my personality closely relates to fire. and it helps that im a warrior wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:14 pm
Nice. It allways helps to have a foot in both a passive and active element.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:04 pm
I've always loved the Elemental systems- particularly Paracelsus' Earth, Air, Fire and Water. When I was Wiccan, most of my magic was keyed to those Elements, and even now I still incorporate them in some of my associations. For me, it's just a very useful metaphysical model- though it's certainly not failsafe, and it isn't appropriate in every situation. Most of the few incidents when I have had offerings soundly rejected have been times when I based the selection entirely on Elemental associations, actually... ^_^'

I've read through several descriptions of Elemental personalities, and I love to take those What Element Are You quizzes every now and then to see where different people would place me at different times... I seem to get a fairly evenly distributed response among the four Elements, though Water may trail behind by a bit, and Air probably leads. I think it depends mainly on my mood at any given time- and I have always highly prized balance, so perhaps I subconsciously work to round myself out between the four of them. I chose Air in the poll, though, since I'm a sun sign Aquarius, and that's an Air sign. I'm also a moon sign Libra, yet another Air sign.^_^'

edit: Just realized that I didn't exactly answer the question.^_^' The elements can be attuned to in many ways- colors are associated with specific elements (use your own system's correspondences, as there are several different sets to chose from). A nice way to attune with Water, right in the comfort of your own home, is to draw up a bath- you can add in appropriately colored bath salts, herbs with Water associations, seashells, sometimes I just toss in blue or Water-colored/associated gems and stones or arrange them on the side of the tub with shells and whatever else, burn incense with Water associations, play Watery music (ocean soundtracks, trickling streams, soothing classical, crooning love songs, or whatever else strikes your fancy). You can find Water-based meditations in books or online, and read them while you relax in the bath, or just sit back and reflect on how water reacts to situations, what it smells like, how it makes you feel, and just soak up the energy.

Air can be contacted by going to high places (like towers, tops of trees which provide an open perch, and tall buildings) or wide open places (I find graveyards work well for this- large expanses without many buildings, lots of open air). Or even just open a window and sit by it. Feel the hand of the wind on your face and in your hair- airy incense can be burned here, books on appropriate subjects can be read, think about the air itself. It's everywhere- a dynamic and all-encompassing presence and yet completely invisible. Interesting, isn't it?^_^

Those are some examples, and contacts with all of the Elements can be made in the same way- go through a Table of Correspondences (Cunningham's great for this) and pick out lots of things which have the appropriate Elemental associations. Surround yourself with them, in an appropriate environment, and just bask in the energy. But be safe- Fire meditations for me often involve closing myself in a dark room with as many candles as I can possibly find, but you have to make sure that they're set within non-flammable jars and bowls in such a way that- even if they're knocked over- they can't set fire to anything else. It's very distracting to catch on fire, and will ruin your meditation.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff