Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How long are you planning to be goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark and demented

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:40 pm
Really here's all i'm going to say.

'Once you go Goth you can't go back.'

Even if someone decides that it's time they give up the lifestyle, if they are a true goth, they can't change whats within them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:33 pm
I have no clue how long I'll be goth for, probably till the day I die.  

GreedsLittleEdo

Xyercies Uhtred Ragnar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 am
im staying goth. just cause i dont wear the make up. doesnt mean i cant show my lifestyle. clothign and other such ....accessories can be aqquired to portray the gothic image which i have.....

of course i'm very religious, so most of the clothes would just be black robes with silver seeming..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:48 am
i'm a goth for now over ten years, and i think i'll stay, cause i can't change my lifestyle, my thinkings and everything that goes with it .___.  

Seelenmord

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:19 am
dark and demented

Even if someone decides that it's time they give up the lifestyle, if they are a true goth, they can't change whats within them.
I totally agree with this. Sure your music tastes might differ slightly, but this is a timely change and once you enjoy the literature art and such, your mindset rarely ever changes. One may decide to stop dressing in the stereotypical gothic manner, but you really can not just wake up one day and decide "I'm going to stop being gothic today." It just doesn't work like that if you are truly gothic.

Of course if you have children, you can choose to tone down what you read, watch, or believe in for their sake, as to allow them to be what they want to. Also, some gruesome movies may not be appropriate. If you are living out to the extreme goth level, your children, if you choose to have any, may feel pressured to be just like you, and that destroys the overall purpose of being an individual as the desire is not genuine. If I ever have children, I attempt to remain the way I am, as that is the true me. However, I would introduce my favorite activities and books over time to see if they have the same taste as me. But as others have said, children today can be quite brutal when it comes to a child being different. So I wouldn't want them to come home one day crushed and announce that no one likes them or teased them for being the way they are due to me.

If they did, however, ever choose to be gothic or morbid at a young age, I would fully support them and help them whenever they needed to find themselves. Hopefully they would enjoy just being them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 pm
dark and demented

via point.....my mother was a major rebel in her school,guess what she still has her first leather jacket,still wears heavy eyeliner,still wears her combat boots,just goes to show people don't have to change.....  

DepartedDearly

Dapper Survivor

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200

Fux this account

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:54 pm
...I am as I am because it is who I am...being goth isn't a "phase"...I will be gothic as long as blood flows through my veins...as for having children...whenever that day comes...they may be whatever they want to be...but they will have to accept my morbidity because I will not change...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:10 pm
i plan on being a goth until i die or forever.  

xoxoChipmunkey

Drakul13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:43 am
I have no plans one way or the other, I am Goth. My mind set is that which most consider Gothic, and indeed I do as well...When my very personality changes, maybe I will stop being Gothic than, I would be very surprised to see that ever happen though. I expect to be My self, and as such, Goth till the day I die and past. But I could be wrong, I've been worng before.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:35 am
my aunt is waiting for my "phase" to pass. I have been a goth for a few years now, and she just can't see that this is me. this is who I am, it is how I feel, how I live and who I will be for as long as I am. People doesn't change until they want to change themselves. and I got completly away from the subject...
I don't know, I guess I will be a goth for as long as I feel the gothic part of me alive in my veins.  

Lesage

sutoyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:27 am
I am who I am and believe
I will always stay true to myself...
what feels right and doesn't conflict with my morality will remain.
I am not who you want me to be...
I am who I want me to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 am
How long i'm I going to be Goth um let's see..... forever  

NETREAS_666

The Flightless Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:45 am
Perhaps I will stop being a Goth when I lay down dead and open my eyes to see that I was a lie.
most likely not even then though...
I would say as long as I can only see the world through my messed up head, I will be Gothic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:38 am
I'l just see how things go , i might be Goth whole my life or i might stop tomorrow.
i'l just take life as a river and see where it takes me.  

Akaratichi

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 am
Forever in life and death....i will be goth to the grave and beyond.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff