Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Jussie 69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Me i just dress according to how i feel, yesterday i was all "goth" and today im wearing a wifebeater and camo pants  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
I love fashion  

necro-fay

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:22 pm
I like to wear black and silver, but that's just because those are my favorite colors...
and, I'm thinking about getting a pair of bondage pants, but I might wanna be careful about bringing them to school... (dress code doesn't like chains)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:55 pm
I once knew this girl - she was a classmate - who told me she was goth once and assured me the whole reason people go goth was for attention. What the hell?  

littlewonder

Fire Panther

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:43 pm
i don't dress for attention...i dress the way i dress because i like it...and i express my self(mostly because i like it)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:03 pm
I hate when people say that to me. I dress the way I do because I like the way it looks and I love to express who I am! My parents tell me it's for the attention, but I know thats not true.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:18 am
I once had this prep ask me why I always wear black all the time and if my whole closet is black clothes. I told her it was none of her what is in my closet. I don't dress goth to get attention from anyone, I dress that way to express myself but some people never seem to get that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:20 am
My sister was the only one who said anything like that. I wore freaking scrubs and a sweatshirt everyday. They both happened to be black, and this little idiot child in my science class called me goth. (At that point in time, I wasn't.) It's like, "Yes, yes, the Timberwolves are totally goth, Vernon. Totally." Otherwise, not really. I was always just told that I needed more colour in my wardrobe.  

x Socks x

-Isel-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:57 pm
Actually, I will admit, unlike most of you "free spirits", that the way I dress is somewhat linked to a desire for attention (negative or positive, I get a good laugh from both kinds).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:26 pm
What does it matter if I'm after attention or not? If people see me in dark clothing, long, (sometimes) heavy chains, make-up on my face and nails, and a real weapon at my side, be it from a video game, what would I care? I'd like them to see me like this. Not for attention, but for them to know this is who I am. I'm not like them, I'm ME. End of Story.  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:43 pm
It never really bothered me that people say things like that, let them think what they want, because I know that their wrong!

I dress the way I do because I think It's beautiful, that's about it I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 pm
People think I dress this way for attention too, or just to "make a statement." Truth is, I just like dressing this way. Although I do like to stand out and make bold statements with what I wear. It's fun to stand out!  

Freedom Fire

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:11 pm
whenever i hear the question"why do you dress like that" i respond " why do YOU dress the way you do?" chances are its basically the same reason  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:55 pm
my teachers hate the way i dress so they always ask me why i dress in black. .... but they only ask me this on days in waring uther colors like red or green? i dont get it.  

[Ninja_Of_The_Thirteen]

Miss Jetpack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:57 pm
Why I dress (like a flamboyant spontaneous thrift-store whore?), I just look at a peice of clothing, think of what idea it reflects, and buy it. If I'm terribly happy, why should I be confined to just a dull shirt and jeans when I can wear rainbow tights and a jester hat? If I feel hopeless or meloncholy why should I stick to the same old thing when I can deck myself out in black or victorian-style. When I feel confined by female gender expectations I dress like a man and when I'm feeling attatched to earth I don a long skirt and leave my shoes at home. When I feel giddy sometimes I dress like a child, and when I feel sexy I might dress a little risque. I'm not trying to make a statement, it's all very subtle and unconcious most of the time.

Fashion is just a reflection of who you are or how you want to appear. But if so many people are going to judge you by your appearance, why would you want to appear like everyone else? Simple unobtrusive clothing is like a defense mechagnism, its like camoflauge. If someone asked my why I dress the way I do, I might just ask them, "Why do you dress like so many others? Are you ashamed of what you really feel, or do you just lack free thought?"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff