Hot Topic "poser-ish"?
  Yea.
  No way!
  Eh...Somtimes.
  Hot Topic?
View Results

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:27 am
i really dont shop at hot topic...just for accesories like earrings,bracelets, and etc i only have 2 t-shirts from there.

when it comes to clothes i will shop in any store that i find some awesome jeans or cute t-shirts. i go in forever 21 alot for the t-shirts and i go into random places for pants for good prices on clothing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:11 pm
I don't have a problem really, with hot topic, I just don't shop there for anything more than the occasional t-shirt, nail polish, posters, and other accessories, even less now since they have managed to misplace their calenders...  

Oterys

X~xTheDevils_Rejectx~X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:53 am
eh... Hot Topic is kinda poser-ish cuz now their getting more emo clothing then goth u know? but theres cool sh*t in there that want to get u know? u get nice earings/belly button rings/ nose rings/ect... i like to get chains/belts/pants/shirts.... i really dont care wat people think i just like the sh*t they have  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:12 am
I recommend Hot Topic for only the merchandise .... The clothing falls apart easily, anyone else notice that???? What happened to good old leather and not fashion pleather?? I mostly go to thrift stores to find the clothes I need.  

Anubis_Jill

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 pm
i dont think the store is poser-ish but there are some plp in there i agree that get you wondering..why they are in there...i guess some of them go in there for music or somthing idk..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:57 am
I jsut hate how everyone shops at hot topic for green day and s**t like that. Well around here they do then they think their all goth and shiz.  

A NEON DRUNK

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Ms. McStabbington

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Sometimes it is, but hey i like hot topic although a lot of my friends refuse to shop there. I still like it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:53 pm
I really hate how elitest the goth culture can be sometimes about clothing/appearance. I mean, if someone looks like a "poseur" to you, you probably look like a "poseur" to them, right? It's all subjective. That said, I think it's depressing how "insta-goth" Hot Topic is. We don't really have them here in Canada (at least not that I've seen), but you can buy brands like Tripp, Sinister, etc from smaller stores.

Personally, I like a little bit of Tripp, and bigger-name goth designers. However, I also try to support some of the smaller indie designers in my area. Unfortunately though, I can't always afford to buy designer quality stuff, hence I buy some clothes in malls (I escpecially have a weakness for H&M....yay Sweden!).

While we would all like to be gother than everyone else we know (c'mon, admit it!) the truth is that everyone *else* thinks they are gother than you. It's just the way it works... But once you stop obsessing about things like poseurism, you move beyond the silly elitest crap and can just enjoy goth the way it was meant to be enjoyed. rofl  

trampyre

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:24 pm
i guess im more punk than goth cuz i really dont give a f*** if a store is poser or not. i can make something from almost any store look "dark" with the right accsesories. i often go to the mall to hang out with friends, buy some books/manga and maybe some converse and when im there i often pop into hot topic for a poster or two and some trinkets(gloves, patches etc...) and to look at all the stuff i cant afford to buy. i really dont think you can classify a store with labels meant for people.

ViVa La WaL-mArT  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:17 pm
ok but Hot Topic means well

i mean alot of its stuff is cheap--->i bought a pair of handcuff earrings,2minutes after i bought them i attempted to put them on they broke into pieces.

and there are some preps---->but they dont really buy anything you over hear their convos and it turns out they were dared to go in there or something.

and they are expensive------>my bf has aLOT of the huge pants with chains and whatnot,each pair is about $70...but they look good^^'

but clearance items!!!------>clearance items are just stuff for whatever reason hasnt been bought,i recently bought a great pair of black pants with chains and stuff for $15 fit me perfectly(:

but i mean if you cant buy things online------> if you cant go online to buy all these fancy schmancy gothic clothes and any other form of gothic store(ive heard rumors) is out of your reach,Hot Topic is nice

and they gave me my J t H m -----> Hot Topic gave me my
Johnny the Homicidle Maniac biggrin irectors Cut points for that right?

and........yea

PS-i heard rumors that in California theres a Hot Topic the size of like a mini mall 0.o  

Starfish Attack

gurlpunk15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:00 pm
xSyntheticxWhorex
I jsut hate how everyone shops at hot topic for green day and s**t like that. Well around here they do then they think their all goth and shiz.

Thanks i happen to like green day but i dont go there just to buy their stuff i actually go there a lot to get clothes, thats really the only store i shop at. And another thing can people stop calling green day goth or emo, just becuase of they way they dress dose NOT make them or anyone for that matter emo or goth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:02 pm
Lexiegirl
Calling each other "posers" is just putting you one step closer to becoming a chav. talk2hand It doesn't matter where we shop, all that matters is that deep down you are really living the goth lifestyle. 3nodding To catogorize someone where they shop is just like being a prep, because thats what they do. We're a minority, so we should stick together, not call each other names and base each other by where we shop. 3nodding Well atleast thats how I feel about it. sweatdrop

thank you!!  

gurlpunk15

thehomo123455661

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:25 pm
_Motzie_

i mean alot of its stuff is cheap--->i bought a pair of handcuff earrings,2minutes after i bought them i attempted to put them on they broke into pieces.

and there are some preps---->but they dont really buy anything you over hear their convos and it turns out they were dared to go in there or something.

and they are expensive------>my bf has aLOT of the huge pants with chains and whatnot,each pair is about $70...but they look good^^'

but clearance items!!!------>clearance items are just stuff for whatever reason hasnt been bought,i recently bought a great pair of black pants with chains and stuff for $15 fit me perfectly(:

but i mean if you cant buy things online------> if you cant go online to buy all these fancy schmancy gothic clothes and any other form of gothic store(ive heard rumors) is out of your reach,Hot Topic is nice

and........yea

PS-i heard rumors that in California theres a Hot Topic the size of like a mini mall 0.o

i remember you!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:23 am
It's one of my favorite shops. I wish I could live there!  

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:33 pm
The_Banpaia
_Motzie_

and........yea

i remember you!

uhh...oh yea!!!hey you^.^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas