Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parents and Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have this problem?
  Yes
  No
  I used to..
View Results

XxTRouBLED Doll -Rawrr-xX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:03 pm
Actually, I had no problem at all telling my parents I was a Wicca, my mom used to be into witchcraft.
Both my parents totally accepted the fact that I am one.
But, my grandparents are Christian and I can't tell them because well, they'll tell me I shouldn't be a Wicca and I'm afraid if I tell her she'll be offended for choosing such a "bad religion".
And I can't just say it's what I want to be because, again, I'll offend her, so I just have to keep it quiet.
I'm not sure with my other grandparents, I'm pretty sure they are kind of Christian, but, I think I should keep it quiet with them to.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:12 am
I was born a Christian and maybe its strange, but I do believe in God. Its what I grew up with, and even though I'm trying to learn about Wicca and become Wiccan, my parents think that I'm worshiping the devil, which is bogus. stressed So I do all my stuff in secret, which I hate, but I guess its necessary.  

OutcastAngel

darkdagers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:22 pm
my mom is ok with it my dad on the other hand  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:48 am
I've never had a problem with my mom knowing I'm Wiccan. Even though she's Christian, she's fine with it, and has even bought me supplies when I needed them. Her only rule is about burning incense, but thats only because she's allergic.

The rest of my family hasn't commented on my being Wiccan. I haven't exactly told them, but I haven't hidden the fact either. I have down on my myspace page that my faith is Wicca. My grandmother would probably be against it though, but I can't expect more from the wife of a Lutheran minister.

And my brother just kinda makes fun of me for it, but I don't really care what he thinks, cause we have never really gotten along, and he makes fun of me for everything anyway.  

Diana_Moon

sareuhbelle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:11 pm
Well...my story is a little weird lol. My parents have been divorced since I was little, and that is a very important factor to this story ^.^
My mom doesnt have a religion but she believes in God. My dad is Christian/Jewish (I know you're thinking "wtf...?" but bear with me), and his new wife is a devout Christian. She would literally try to burn me if she knew I was Wiccan.
Anyway, I told my mom a long time ago that I was Wiccan and she wasnt really suprised. In a way, I'd been Wiccan my whole life. She went along with it for about a week thinking I was kidding. Then she kinda forgot about it. Whenever I reminded her she ignored it. Now she's cool with it and takes me to bonfires and festivals if my car isnt working or she comes just for fun.
My dad and stepmom still don't thing they ever will....Possibly for my safety sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 am
When I still lived at home with my grandparents (they raised me) I never really told them. My grandma knew I bought the books and tarot and runes and supplies and the such. She didn't like me burning candles, she always thought they'd start a fire. My grandfather didn't like incense, he hates the smell. I just did it when they wern't home. xd Well, my grandma poked fun at me once or twice, but she knew, and I'm pretty sure she told my grandfather. Neither of them bothered me about it. She an aithiest (she HATES organized religion, she thinks it's meant only to control people) and he's a Catholic. Well, he was raised Catholic but he's never gone to church that I know of, and her raised his sons catholic, but he's not really religious from what I've seen.

I wanted to actually sit them down though and explain that I was actually practicing this religion and hope that they'd understand. I felt like I was lying to them by not actually telling them. I didn't hide it, but I wanted it fully out there. I told my two sisters (both younger than me, both knowing of my religion) that I was going to sit them down and tell them. My middle sister, who is christian, said I was just doing it for attention. rolleyes Also that it would ruin their night. (they were going out to dinner with some friends). That kind of pissed me off. My youngest sister, who is an athiest, didn't really care. Well, I didn't sit them down, but I did tell my grandma straight out, "You know what my religion is, right?" and she said something like, "Witchcraft or something like that?" I explained to her about the Lord and Lady and a belief about rebirth, just to give her a little more of an idea, I didn't go into details. She just rolled her eyes at me and laughed, but at least she knows and doesn't really care. Even if she thinks it's stupid, she accepts it. My grandfather I never actually told, but I know he knows.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Deadly Nonchalance

Versatile Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:51 am
i'm not sure how my parents would take it if i told them. but i don't think they would like it......  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 am
My mum doesn't like the religion she like so many others believes it is devil worshipping so at this point in my life I'm not going to tell her I might after I move out since I'm only going to be here for a few more months but either way I know she won't react well she freaked out when she found me with a book on Wicca when I was in middle school. And she isn't very accepting of others religions she has told me not to hang out with the friends of mine she knows practice Wicca and buddhism.

My father I wouldn't tell until I move out simply because I'm not quite sure how he would react. I'm not really around him enought to judge how he would react and so it is a little scary thinking about it.

I think eventually though I will tell them both when I'm on my own when they have no say in what I do. Cowardly huh? But I think it is the best way to handle things for me.

Freyis

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:06 pm
I wish I could tell my family that I want to be wiccan. My dad would probably laugh at the idea, and my mom would think that I am full of crap. My mother thinks that wiccans are just a bunch of little girls dreesed in black that want to tick off their parents... But she is wrong!! I like and believe the wiccan teachings. I like channeling my energy into spells that are for the good of the world. I wish people could look at wiccan as something other than a "demonic" art, as a church would say.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:00 pm
lol, you're mother is actually quite correct in making that assumption. It most IS a bunch of teenage girls dressing up in black and playing witch for attention and to be rebellious. Most won't admit to it or realize it, but essentially, that's exactly what they're going for.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:08 pm
unfortunately this is true, a lot of people go "oh yah im a witch, watch out or ill curse you!" its silly really. it was a huge fad until people started going okay this isnt just a fashion statement.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:58 pm
lol, no no no, it's still VERY much a fad, more so even than when it first came around. About 90% of the "Wiccans" or "Pagans" that I've spoken to are just fad-followers doing it to rebel or stand out. Now, I don't think that fluffs are fad-followers completely, because they ARE honestly interested in it, they've just got all the wrong ideas and information, but they DO believe in what they're doing.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Siegfried Kiefter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:35 pm
I say just don't tell them. They don't need to know.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:41 pm
Well, when i told my parents, they were actually pretty cool with it. They just had some questions about it and wanted me to explain--and they repeatidly told me that if I ever went to the "weird side" of witchcraft/paganism, that they would personally disown me. (By "weird side" they meant the kind of witchcraft you see Hollywood portray. You know, curses, hexes, killing people, and on and on.) And they still have some problems--occassionally, when I lose my temper, the ask me if I'm going to put a hex on them and that feels like a punch in the gut. Every time. Pretty sure that once the word gets out, though, that my entire Catholic-as-hell family will try to "save me" from "the religion of the damned." I can only hope that I won't snap as I become pissed as hell when I hear that. O_O;; >_>;; <_<;; Hee. lol  

Clair Fay

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 pm
OutcastAngel
I was born a Christian and maybe its strange, but I do believe in God. Its what I grew up with, and even though I'm trying to learn about Wicca and become Wiccan, my parents think that I'm worshiping the devil, which is bogus. stressed So I do all my stuff in secret, which I hate, but I guess its necessary.

why would it be strange to believe in God?
unless you're a Dianic Wiccan  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games